Old 06-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Forums not 'remembering' me

Greetings Mr. Blo,

I have tested this with both IE10 and Chrome. When I log into the forums, hit remember me, and the close the browser and come back to the website, I am not being remembered and have to log in each time I come here.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Have you tried wearing a funny hat?

(Or checking that your browsers are accepting cookies)
Old 06-10-2013, 09:28 AM
i have the same problem with this forum and this forum only. started maybe 2 months ago. i don't have this problem with any of the other forums i visit, just this one.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
i have the same problem with this forum and this forum only. started maybe 2 months ago. i don't have this problem with any of the other forums i visit, just this one.
Yes, and the problem persists even when I switch computers.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Yup my browser accepts cookies and I don't have this issue with any other forum.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Ditto what the above have said. Same problem for the same amount of time, have it whether I'm in Firefox, Chrome, or Safari, have cookies enabled, not having the problem anywhere else.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Using Firefox here and has already been mentioned, the same problem started for me about two months ago. This is the only site/board which forgets my login and password. Not a huge problem - I don't mind having to enter the info - but it is strange.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Ya, I am having the same problem.. I did not change any settings but one day I just had to start logging in each time I came on the boards. Also, if I do a massive update on one of my threads that sometimes require massive updates (like the DVD/Blu Ray release date thread) it will log me out before I even finish posting!

Not a big deal to keep logging in, but figured id chime in that this is happening to me as well!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:16 AM
i hate to put it like this but it's nice to know others have this problem too
Old 06-11-2013, 01:46 AM
I thought Will Smith did very well in a serious role.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandgurl View Post
I thought Will Smith did very well in a serious role.
While we are on the subject, can someone please ban this unfunny troll already?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:03 PM
You guys only have this since two months? I can't recall a time the forum ever remembered me.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:17 PM

Apologize. I was responding, I thought, to After Earth thread.

Please delete me.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Same shit is happening to me as well. Only on these forums, and it doesn't matter what browser I use.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Been that way for months. Fortunately, the forums are so stale I never come here.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandgurl View Post
Please delete me.
Co-Sign.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the head's up, people! We're looking into resolving this issue. Thanks for your patience. Update soon.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:08 PM
I guess I'll jump on this dogpile. I'm having the same problem.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacaskill View Post
I guess I'll jump on this dogpile. I'm having the same problem.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:34 PM
me also
Old 06-26-2013, 10:23 AM
It appears it is a reverse of how the system worked before... before the main page would not remember me, and I would have to log in every time to post a comment on a front page news story and the forums remembered me.. now the main page remembers me and the forums dont.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God of War View Post
Co-Sign.
Looks like the official stance on trolls is IGNORE IT. Awesome.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Is this resolved? Thanks and please.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm having this problem as well. The problem doesn't lie in closing the browser and reopening itů if you do that within a few minutes you are still signed in. It's that there is a time limit to being inactive. If you go over it, you are automatically logged out. Even if you never closed the browser or left the website. I just joined recently, and have been trying to make my way around the forums, reading up on threads, so I'm not posting only reading. If I have been inactive for a while (seems to be about 10 minutes or so) just reading, it logs me out. Clicking "remember me" is supposed to avoid this. It is a bit annoying having to keep logging back in whe trying to read!
Old 07-18-2013, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitesam View Post
The problem is that there is a time limit to being inactive. If you go over it, you are automatically logged out. Even if you never closed the browser or left the website. I just joined recently, and have been trying to make my way around the forums, reading up on threads, so I'm not posting only reading. If I have been inactive for a while (seems to be about 10 minutes or so) just reading, it logs me out. Clicking "remember me" is supposed to avoid this. It is a bit annoying having to keep logging back in whe trying to read!
Correct. The problem is that after around 12-15 minutes of inactivity, the forum automatically logs you out.

No other forum I've ever visited has done this.

So the question becomes: "what is causing this?"
Old 07-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Well... the "remember me" is not working. I hope it's fixed soon. I've written a couple of messages, then been called away, only to come back and I'm logged out, and my message is gone! It's just as frustrating when I'm reading and get logged out, and my place is lost.

The vBulletin forum has some info about this problem. It's an older post so I don't know if it still applies but the forum might be a good place for TPTB to check for help.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=224918

Old 08-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Almost two months after a promise of an "Update soon"........still no answer and the problem still continues. Hopefully the delay is because they fired their web admin for being useless and are conducting a search for someone capable of doing their job and fixing simple forum issues such as user login timeouts and adding youtube embedding. No wonder this forum is friggin dying.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Same.

Thought it was just me...
Old 08-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Same issue here too, been like it for months and months.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Well ever since they started pushing their fake facebook crap, the forums have been long forgotten so do not expect this to get fixed.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Fake facebook crap??
Old 08-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbs View Post
Fake facebook crap??
MFC
Old 08-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Yeah, this problem still persists and nobody is taking care of it. I guess this place really is falling behind. If the forum isn't being maintained then why should anybody bother using it?

Lame.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:47 PM
seems to be fixed
Old 08-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
seems to be fixed

Still broke on my end.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho View Post
Still broke on my end.
Not for nothing man but every post I've seen of yours has been something negative or a complaint. Maybe bring some more positivity or legit contribution to these boards if you really want to help get them back to the way they used to be.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post
Not for nothing man but every post I've seen of yours has been something negative or a complaint. Maybe bring some more positivity or legit contribution to these boards if you really want to help get them back to the way they used to be.
Then you havent been reading all of my posts then. How is me reporting that it is still broke negative? Should I keep my mouth shut so the problem does not get fixed?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Now seems fixed
Old 08-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho View Post
Then you havent been reading all of my posts then. How is me reporting that it is still broke negative? Should I keep my mouth shut so the problem does not get fixed?
It's not all about you, buddy. No one is spending time going through every single one of your posts. I noticed you had beef with someone else on this thread in regards to the political boards too. Instead of complaining to everyone (even the site creator) start being a positive contribution to the boards and not worry that it takes you an extra five seconds to log on to the site every time. Trust me, there are bigger things in life to worry about. Nice talking to you and please don't be offended if I don't respond to anything else you have to say directed toward me.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Fixed for me too now, thanks.