Old 01-14-2003, 02:40 AM
vince vaughn

vince vaughn rules.

i mean, his laugh alone in clay pigeons makes him awesome....and his dance on the table in swingers.....yay!

what do you guys think of mr. vaughn?

Old 01-14-2003, 02:52 AM
It's just my opinion, but...

I think he's a no-talent stiff.
Old 01-14-2003, 03:20 AM
oh
Old 01-14-2003, 08:39 AM
I think hes pretty good. But it seems like he doesnt do much work. Last thing I remember seeing him in was Zoolander and he didnt even have a single line. What good is talent if its never used?
Old 01-14-2003, 10:08 AM
Gotta go with Buck on this one. No talent stiff. Haven't liked him in anything.

The Cell
The Prime Gig
Domestic Disturbance
Psycho.

Ummm...no, thanks.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:15 PM
(WARNING: OBLIGATORY MOVIE PHRASE USAGE)

Well, I have not seen him in much, but he deserves something just for Swingers. He was so money in it, and generated an unmistakeable "coolness". I'd like to see him do more along these lines, then Psycho or Domestic Disturbance.

Old 01-14-2003, 01:05 PM
Vince is so money...

Maybe it's just the fact that I'd dearly love to shag him senseless, but I've always liked him in every film of his I've ever seen. He re-wrote the Book of Cool in "Swingers", he was suitably subtle-yet-heroic in "Jurassic Park II", he proved he could act in "Made" and "Clay Pigeons". The only time he disappointed me was in the forgettable "Domestic Disturbance"; the dude and his drinking buddies Steve Buscemi and John Travolta all looked like they'd done waaay too much partying between takes.

I think he's an untapped talent and I can't wait for his next film to be released down here. And if he's still single, I'd *really* like to give him my phone number...
Old 01-14-2003, 03:21 PM
I think he's a talented actor, he just doesn't always pick the best movies.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:46 PM
Sorry about that...

Quote:
Originally posted by freakandgeek
oh
I didn't mean to get your thread off to a rocky start. Opinions are about even, so...it's all good.

I hate to disagree w/ Annie, who I respect immensely, but I despised all those guys in Swingers. Favreau, Vaughn...assholes to a man. I thought the whole film was a pale attempt at the Diner vibe. Brooke Langton was the only thing that kept it from being a total waste for me.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:19 PM
He's very easy on the eyes....And I thought he did a great job in "Return to Paradise"

Sighting: I saw him getting his drink on in a beach bar in Chicago last summer. He looked strung - OUT! It was about 3 in the afternoon...
Old 01-14-2003, 08:22 PM
Me and him have the same birthday...which makes him cool
Old 01-14-2003, 08:41 PM
Re: Sorry about that...

Quote:
Originally posted by Buck Turgidson

I hate to disagree w/ Annie, who I respect immensely, but I despised all those guys in Swingers. Favreau, Vaughn...assholes to a man. I thought the whole film was a pale attempt at the Diner vibe. Brooke Langton was the only thing that kept it from being a total waste for me.
Ah, Buck, I'm blushing

I can easily see where Swingers would be unlikeable, but, I really connected with the characters. I'm not a guy, I'm not into the "club scene", and I'm certainly nothing like Trent...but there seemed to be a sense of lonlieness throughout the movie, even when it wasn't trying to be funny. They all seemed pretty 3 dimensional, which is unusual for a comedy about fairly-shallow fellows.

They are pretty loathsome at times...though...I think that's why I loved them so much. I haven't seen Diner, I'll have to check it out.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by lily25
Sighting: I saw him getting his drink on in a beach bar in Chicago last summer. He looked strung - OUT! It was about 3 in the afternoon...
Wow...a couple of questions:

1) Chicago has beach bars? - and more importantly -
1a) Chicago has beaches??

2) Doesn't he have family in Chicago? I seem to remember reading somewhere that he grew up in a suburb of the Windy City.

It's no secret that Vince is fond of a drink (or ten), which might explain why he looked a tad chunky in "Domestic Disturbance". If I were his mate, I'd be advising him to join his local gym. Then I'd show him pictures of our local homegrown champion drinker, Russell Crowe, pre- and post- his beer-chugging days.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:55 AM
Re: Sorry about that...

Quote:
Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
I didn't mean to get your thread off to a rocky start. Opinions are about even, so...it's all good.
oh no, its all good. like i always say, if everyone liked the same stuff, it would be boring. like, if everyone wrote in "hes a good actor" it wouldn't be much fun to read.

i like him, but if others don't, thats cool! i mean, a lot of people like katie holmes and i just can't stand her....

every opinion counts....just as long as people are respectable! its all good!

Old 01-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FeydRautha
Wow...a couple of questions:

1) Chicago has beach bars? - and more importantly -
1a) Chicago has beaches??

2) Doesn't he have family in Chicago? I seem to remember reading somewhere that he grew up in a suburb of the Windy City.

We have lake-front beaches, with sand and cafes and volly- ball nets, that are packed in the summer... The don't quite offer the ambience of the Great Barrier Reef I might add, but are the place the be in the summer. There a "gay" beach, a "doggie" beach... Since everyone suffers through the winter indoors, they get crowded as soon as spring hits.

Vince is from Chicago originally - another tid bit of interest: He approached a friend's dad for a nose job before he made it big...This surgeon didn't think he needed one and wouldn't do it.
Old 01-16-2003, 12:44 PM
chi town

I know Ill be at the beach when the summer finally arrives in Chicago, maybe Ill see you there. Cuz its damn cold right now and we need a reward for suffering through this.
Old 01-16-2003, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lily25
Vince is from Chicago originally - another tid bit of interest: He approached a friend's dad for a nose job before he made it big...This surgeon didn't think he needed one and wouldn't do it.
Interesting. Does anyone think he's had his nose done? In his high school yearbook photo, his face does look different.

You can see it here: http://www.sfweekly.com/extra/comix/smart/art/12_18.gif

If you folks are freezing up in Chicago, come down here to Oz. It's the middle of summer, the beaches are great (so are our beach bars), the surfers are surfin', the roos are hoppin', and everything's in bloom. Best beach in Sydney is Manly Beach...a place Vince would probably feel right at home in.
Old 02-10-2003, 02:55 AM
An addendum...

I just caught Vince Vaughn on E! News Live this evening (we get the show a few days after it airs in the US), promoting his new film "Old School" with co-stars Will Ferrell and Luke Wilson.

He looked as though he'd been up raving for the past week. He looked pasty, tired, big circles under his eyes, and left most of the question-answering to Ferrell and Wilson while he quietly sipped a bottle of water. What's up with that? Is the guy a party-addict, or what??

And, if anyone's seen "Old School" yet...is it any good?
Old 02-10-2003, 07:41 PM
Yes, Feyd, I caught a sneak preview of Old School and it is so fuckin' money. Seriously though, it was very funny, one of the funniest films I've seen in ages....

Vaughn, Ferrel and Wilson are fucking great, as is the supporting cast. Many memorable moments and lines, and overall just a laugh-out-loud enjoy the zaniness and forget what the fuck it is about type of picture...

I urge EVERYONE to check it out when it's released!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:04 AM
i just saw vince vaughn and luke wilson on a talk show (the one that replaced rosie, i can't remember her name for the life of me) and luke was sweet as usual, but vince, oh my god, he was sooo adorable and funny. i'd love to meet him someday! he'd be a lot of fun to hang out with!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 08:36 AM
i believe someone above used the words no-talent stiff.

that works for me.

guards!take him away!
Old 02-27-2003, 10:00 AM
He's money for me. Not great or anything, but good. Liked him in THE LOST WORLD and of course SWINGERS.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by freakandgeek
...but vince, oh my god, he was sooo adorable and funny. i'd love to meet him someday! he'd be a lot of fun to hang out with!!!
Did he look as though he'd at least gotten a good night's sleep? Not to knock the guy, but the last few TV appearances I saw him in he looked really hung-over.

I reckon he's a hoot to hang with, as well. And I'm glad he's lost that unhealthy extra weight he was carrying in "Domestic Disturbance".
Old 02-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Kick ass actor i mean look at his roles in Swingers and Made with Jon Favreau! And especially his role in Old School him and Will Farrel stole the whole show and were good at it he can play funny he can play mean fucking assholes he can play anything!
Old 05-28-2003, 10:03 PM
* BUMP *

For the benefit of a new schmoe.

PS: VV still rules.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:37 AM
YAY! Hot piece of ass and a good actor too!

Old 05-29-2003, 03:29 AM
Even though he had me pulling my hair out in Made, He is one of todays better actors. His role in the Psycho remake was beyond wonderful.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:40 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again: NAY!!!
Old 05-29-2003, 07:08 PM
Yay, he ain't too bad really.
Old 05-30-2003, 03:20 PM

He's ok.

He was annoying as fuck in MADE...but that was the point.

The scene with the starter pistol is funny...

Haven't seen too much of the guy to form a respectable opinion.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:56 PM
I'm giving him a big YAY, because when he guest hosted David Letterman I was busting out laughing the whole time. Funny funny man.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:22 AM
Another one of my favorite people in Hollywood (mainly because of Swingers), but I think he's hilarious.
Old 06-14-2003, 04:11 PM
yeah, i think he's pretty cool most of the time.
Old 06-14-2003, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FeydRautha
Maybe it's just the fact that I'd dearly love to shag him senseless...
Quote:
Originally posted by Giselle
YAY! Hot piece of ass...!
And we're the sex-addicted pigs?
Old 06-20-2003, 10:12 PM
YAY! I so fancy a shag with him. And he is a a solid actor.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:09 PM

Well since I just saw the trailer for Fred Clause I figured I would add my two cents. Vaughn has proven that he can be hilarious. Dodgeball and Wedding Crashers were both fantastic films. However I just can't get behind this new film. I could be wrong and maybe he'll give yet another funny performance again but I won't be finding out in theatres. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:31 PM
mehish nay, he can seem to act at times but i've never found him very funny