Old 12-26-2002, 10:16 AM
Ben Affleck -sexy or not?

People Magazine picks every year the sexiest people on the planet and Ben Affleck won this year. He was not voted by readers, but he was simply chosen by the writers of the magazine.

I think that Ben is a decent actor and can be very good in the "Average Joe" type of roles in films like Chasing Amy.

But sexy? Granted he *is* a better looking and more self confident person than the average guy, which surely makes hims sexy to many women. But I don't think he fares very well at all against other male celebrities.

I'm I the only one who thinks that Ben is *really* bland? He is so bland that he feels almost asexual. Maybe it just's because I'm a guy and I don't see it.

But I can easily see wy Pitt, Law, Clooney, etc, are sex symbols. They have that natural aura and charisma to them. You can sense their sexual attractiviness, even if you are a guy.

I just thought that it was weird how People Magazine chose Ben of all people as the sexiest man on planet. I don't think that women generally idolize him at all, since there are many much hotter celebrities around. At least he is not a popular poster hero and doesn't tend to fare well in polls.

Last edited by Tuukka; 12-26-2002 at 10:18 AM..
Old 12-26-2002, 10:52 AM
Re: Ben Affleck -sexy or not?

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuukka
Maybe it just's because I'm a guy and I don't see it.
No, you're not wrong...I'm a girl, and I don't see it either. While I enjoyed his performance in "Pearl Harbor", the girls I saw the film with were drooling over him afterward. And they all thought I was nuts that I didn't think he was "the cutest thing next to kittens" (to quote one of my friends).

I'd never take People Magazine's advice on who's Sexiest...with them, it's a popularity contest. They should call it "Who's Most in the Media At The Moment". Ben's had a lot of good press lately, and that's why he got that award. Myself, I can think of a lot of other famous actors I'd rather shack up with than Mr. Affleck.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:04 AM
I think he's bisexual.
Old 12-26-2002, 11:15 AM
I don't think Ben is hot at all. His looks are average, and he probably wouldn't turn many heads if he wasn't Ben Afflick. I will say the same thing about Matt Damon, although he does have some more acting ability than Ben.
Old 12-26-2002, 08:17 PM
He is NOT sexy at all and totally UNattractive! I can't fucking believe what people see in him. He's one of the most uglisest and talentless actors there is and he's also a fucking asshole! He sucks like shit.

P.S. He better do good in DAREDEVIL, or else.......
Old 12-26-2002, 08:26 PM
Ben Affleck does nothing for me- absolutely nothing. That's not to say that I think he's a bad looking guy, just isn't my type.

It probably all goes back to some psychological debate of what women search for in a mate. Muscular forearms, check. Expressive eyes, check. Broad shoulders, check. Chin so prominent he has to sit in the backseat to avoid the windscreen...ah, shit.
Old 12-26-2002, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Succubus
Chin so prominent he has to sit in the backseat to avoid the windscreen...ah, shit.
ROFLMAO!!! Damn, that's funny....I suppose the same rule applies to Bruce Campbell...someone I'd much rather cop off with than Mr. Affleck.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:26 AM
i think ben affleck is sexy, but i don't think he's THAT sexy..i don't know if i'd do a double take if i passed him on the street...but i have weird taste....people tell me that all the time....

i think jake gyllenhaal should be on the next cover of people!

Old 12-27-2002, 02:42 AM
I am going to go against the crowd here and say that I do like Ben Affleck. I think he is tall dark and handsome, not to mention charming and witty. Sure he is not the world's greatest actor, but I think he is just fine for what he does.

Last edited by flowrchild; 12-27-2002 at 02:50 AM..
Old 12-30-2002, 07:33 PM
The SEXIEST???? NO WAY!!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 09:27 PM
The people at People were obviously mislead. They...just got the name wrong...

is what they *meant*
Old 12-31-2002, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Annie Hall
The people at People were obviously mislead. They...just got the name wrong...

is what they *meant*
Now Ewan is one sexy mofo...a bit of hot crumpet indeed!!!

As for Affleck...I wouldn't touch him with yours (or yours)...

I've nothing against the lad but I just can't help thinking mongrel...love-child...Roger fucking Ramjet...

Oh dear...Not a chance Affleck, not even with a stolen dick mate!!!
Old 12-31-2002, 08:18 PM
He is way overrated, talentless POS actor ever since he Jennifer "Loser" Lopez. I hate him, such an ugly guy.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:23 PM
He's a little bitch.

If I knew him, I'd make him my bitch.

Kevin Smith should leave him the fuck alone and stick with REAL talent: Jason Lee!
Old 01-01-2003, 12:01 AM
Affleckted (as I call him) does nothing for me either.

What does People's Sexiest Man Alive endorsement show me? Something I've known all along - Lots of women prefer men who kiss their asses (he just does it literally, in JHo's little video).

The guy is better known for being in a music video than being in a movie these days. That's sad.

I always preferred Matt Damon, personally. Although Jason Lee isn't that bad either.

Actingwise, I think "Chasing Amy" is as good as he gets. And he owes us all a HUGE apology for "Pearl Harbor".
Old 01-02-2003, 07:10 AM
I think he's sexy, but not the most beautiful guy alive. He just knows how to attract. It works with me But it depends on taste
Old 01-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Ben Affleck -sexy or not?

...not really...
Old 01-04-2003, 10:41 PM
He looks like an average dude that I'd stalk in real life....j/k.