Old 08-17-2001, 08:13 PM
Ice Cube...urg...

Apart from Boyz In The Hood I was never able to appreciate The Cubes appearances in movies. I actually go out of my way to not see movies he's in. I feel his over the top hood presence tarnishes the movies he's in. Like Ghost Of Mars for example...do we really need him in there? I dont. I hope he doesn't ruin the movie for me (on a positive note at least its not Puffy Poseur Combs in the flick...I hate him even more and not just as an actor).

I do dig Cubes music. The old NWA stuff is good but onscreen he's just not my cup of blood. What do guys think? U dig The Cube in movies?
Old 08-17-2001, 09:05 PM
I had a blast with Cube and Lopez's giant ass in ANACONDA!!! Then again, maybe Jon Voigt's complete over-acting and winkie-wink scene drowned out all of the pain...

I agree with you on GHOST OF MARS though...but then again, I think the whole movie looks like junk, especially the planet itself (is it me or does it just look like a giant set?!?!).
Old 08-17-2001, 09:17 PM
I agree with JoBlo about "Anaconda", and I personally liked him in "Three Kings" and "Trespass", not to mention as a member of NWA. By the way, if you feel this way about Ice Cube, do you got any opinion of LL Cool J, Arrow? I actually was extremely disappointed with him in "Halloween: H20" & "Deep Blue Sea" (with the man... Todd Parker "Boogie Nights" - Thomas Jane)
Old 08-18-2001, 11:56 AM

LL was all good in Deep Blue Sea but he had no business being in H20.

I like LL he definetly has more acting range than Cube. (In To Deep had LL kick all kinds of acting ass)

Just don't ask me about Ice T...another URG!
Old 08-18-2001, 12:13 PM
Ice-T? You didn't dig Tracy Morrow (real name) in "Leprechaun in the Hood" or John Wayne Bobbitt's "Frankenpenis"?

I liked him all right in "Breakin' 2: Electric Bugaloo" (the "Citizen Kane" of break-dancing cinema), "Richochet" & "New Jack City"... of course, now all he does is direct-to-video crap.

By the way, I think he also did the theme song to "Colors", which I dug...and he did have his own "Behind The Music" special, and who can forget those great "BTM" specials... especially the one about "Motley Crue" and "Metallica"...

Old 08-18-2001, 01:37 PM
Sorry Arrow, but I am complelled to ask: what did you think of "Three Kings?" I hear it's a great movie.
Old 08-18-2001, 02:19 PM
I don't mind Ice Cube. I thought he was pretty good in Three Kings. I don't lilke LL Cool J though, i don't think he can act at all. Tupac Shakur is better then both of them though.
Old 08-18-2001, 03:16 PM
what was up with Ice-T in "3000 Miles to Graceland", like...that was one of the most pointless cameos of all time, its like they saw him on the street on the day of filming that scene, and just strapped him into the scene, real pointless.
Old 08-18-2001, 04:12 PM
I agree with you, HI. Tupac was phenomenal in most every film he ever did. I especially am a fan of "Juice".
Old 08-18-2001, 09:17 PM
what about FRIDAY it had ice cube in it and thats one of my favorit comidies of all time. i do agree G.O.M. looks wierd with cube in it so i wont see it. and i think that 2PAC was an amazing actor for a rapper if he would have still bee alive today i wouldn't doubt that he would have won an acadamy award in his life time.
Old 08-19-2001, 12:32 AM
When will studios learn that rappers are NOT actors, models are NOT actors, and above all else, basketball players are NOT actors?!
Old 08-19-2001, 01:19 AM
Tupac went to some acting school in Baltimore before he was a rapper, so he knows how to act. And he was a damn fine actor. Then he started to write poetry, and later began to rap.
Old 08-19-2001, 02:29 AM
"They're snakes out there THIS big!?!"

Watch Anaconda again and enjoy Ice Cube's fine dialogue. I must have spent at least two years (we still do it to this day) laughing my ass off with my friends at this cheesy ass masterpiece line of dialogue.

Ice Cube fucking rocks. He was great in Boyz'N THe Hood, Friday, Three Kings, Higher Learning and who can forget his cameo as himself in CB4?

"Yeeeeeaaaah, yeeeah-yeeeeeeee!"
Old 08-19-2001, 02:44 PM
Cyclonus I haven't seen Three Kings yet...it just doesn't appeal to me.

Tupack was gret in Gridlock and Juice but his performance in Bullet wuz weak.

As for the Cube...sorry Drew I wanted those Anacondas to chomp on his arse. I just dont dig him as an actor.

Ice T was great in Surviving The Game...apart from that...not too impressive...Im not a big fan of his acting either...

[This message has been edited by The Arrow (edited 08-20-2001).]
Old 08-20-2001, 10:50 PM
Cube is a great actor compare to Busta Rhymes. I mean did you guys saw shaft???
Old 08-21-2001, 02:29 PM
Cube was good in Three kings and in boyz in the hood but that was about it hope fully he will be good in ghosts of mars.
Old 08-22-2001, 12:10 PM
Ghosts of Mars looks like it has almost the exact same plot of Pitch Black and that in itself was far from original. And Ice Cube seems to have the Vin Diesel role. I personally like Ice Cube. He was very good in Three Kings. And I enjoyed Anaconda as well. As for Ghosts of Mars, well, I don't know. I love Natasha Henstridge, and got a little more optomistic when Ebert and Roeper gave it two thumbs up, so I don't know. Guess I'll find out if I like when I see it.
Someone mentioned for Ice Cube Tresspass. I don't remember him in Tresspass but I do remember Ice-T in it. I liked that one. Surviving the Game was ok. But I don't like him either. I do like LL Cool J. I thought he was fine in Halloween: H20. He was good in Deep Blue Sea, Any Given Sunday and terrific in the otherwise dull In Too Deep.
The only movie I have seen with Tupac is Gang Related which was great and he was great too. Briefly going back to Ice Cube, I HATED Friday. But otherwise, I like Ice Cube.
Old 08-22-2001, 09:18 PM
Ice cube is a great actor, he was cool in both fridays and three kings, i never seen the other ones, and if your basing him off of andaconda, thats pretty short minded, that whole movie sucked, it was written like shit, so of course he is going to act like shit in it
Old 08-22-2001, 09:27 PM
I got it lets bring back Ice cube's career with a remake of...jingle all the way...or i still know what you did last summer..breathing new life in to both these classic and entertaining movies.

[This message has been edited by krazyivan (edited 08-22-2001).]
Old 08-23-2001, 07:50 PM
I hate all those rapper/actors....They should stick to music!!
Old 09-01-2001, 09:40 PM
There's one good Ice-T movie I've seen, which I happen to think is one of the most underrated films of all time:

MEAN GUNS, a straight-to-HBO flick where 100 hoods kill one another in a newly-furnished prison in order to collect a cash prize. The last three alive split the cash. Also starring, Thom Matthews and Christopher Lambert.

Arrow, THREE KINGS...Cube's good in it. The flick's pretty good too, especially if you want to see a cow meet the business end of a land mine.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:43 AM
i think that vanilla ice is a very good actor, ever see "cool as ice" or "teenage mutant ninja turtles 2"? both had vanilla ice and he played in them very well
oh whoops....ice cube huh? he was good in 3 Kings and Friday, but i honestly dont listen to the "hipitty hoppitty" so i cant judge how well he "raps".
Old 09-06-2001, 08:46 PM
ICE T was fun in Trespass and New Jack City. He may not be much of a good actor but somehow I like him.

Tupac was brilliant in Gridlock'd. He would have made a good actor, no doubt.

LL COOL J is horrible musical-wise and apart from Deep Blue Sea hasn't been in any good movie I've seen. He was just in H20 to attract the hip-hop crowd, like all those creed songs were in to attract the wannabe-rockers crowd.

As for Ice Cube, I hated the whole Friday sequel, it sucked. The first one was okay but still nothing to praise about. He was good in Boyz'n'the Hood & Trespass. I also dug 3 Kings. He was actually the only character in ANACONDA that I felt something like sympathy for. Apart from the old NWA I never liked him musicalwise. I'm more of an Eazy-E kind of guy when it comes to NWA solo projects.
Old 09-06-2001, 10:30 PM
Ice Cube and LL Cool J rule!

Ice T sucks major ass!
Old 09-10-2001, 12:41 AM
You have to really like Ice Cube to appreciate him in these films. He is just really himself, and if you accept that, you accept him in his films. I like his 'chip on the shoulder' attitude. I would suspect that if you didn't like his persona, you would be pissed off with him in this movies. He may not have a wide range, but what he does, only he can do and be totally natural doing it, his unique style.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:27 PM

Reviving a classic...

Cube did his job in Three Kings, although my friend (krazyivan) said he held his gun wrong. i don't care about that though, i thought he was fine...

His other films are terrible though, Ghost of Mars had potential but it didn't go anywhere. Assaconda on the other hand, scared the hell out of me, get rid of the giant snake and have Jon Voigt fly out of J-Lo's ass winking... that would have made it a more interesting film .
Old 02-07-2003, 05:54 AM
i like ice cube. i think he's funny.
as for ice t i like him too. he is good on that show and he was really good in surviving the game.
and snoop dogg suprised me in baby boy. who knew he'd have acting talen
Old 02-07-2003, 04:23 PM
MEAN GUNS, a straight-to-HBO flick where 100 hoods kill one another in a newly-furnished prison in order to collect a cash prize. The last three alive split the cash. Also starring, Thom Matthews and Christopher Lambert.

You're not alone there, Adam... I've only seen this movie once and loved it... I wonder when the hell they're going to show it again. I mean, 100 people with weapons killing each other off, how can you go wrong?
Old 02-07-2003, 04:35 PM
I liked Ice Cube in Three Kings and Ghosts of Mars, but those are the only ones I have seen. I think he is one of the better rapper/actors though and can do good with good material.
Old 02-08-2003, 05:40 AM

Being a hip hop fan I respect his older music (fuck his latest garbage) and like seeing him in movies.

His best performances for me are defo Boyz N The Hood and Trespass. The best rapper acting for me is Mos Def. 2Pac was a quality actor aswell but I never really dug his music and thug persona.

Last edited by Bullet Tooth Tony; 02-08-2003 at 05:44 AM..
Old 02-08-2003, 10:45 AM
LL Cool Jay is about the only rapper i ever liked in a horror because he seemed to forget he was a rapper and act the part, he was the only character i really wanted to survive in deep blue sea and halloween H20(other then lauri but her surviving was kinda a duh).