Old 11-08-2002, 05:41 PM
Treat Williams is the MAN!!

Personally, I think Treat Williams ("The Deep End of the Ocean", "The Phantom", "Deep Rising", "Hollywood Ending", the "Substitute" movies, etc.) is one of most talented actors working today. Sadly, he has never really found any good work to help stabilize him as a male lead. However, I believe his new hit WB show, "Everwood", may just be the ticket to lead this man to bigger and better things (aka Movie Star Status). He has been going from project to project for the past 25 years, and he has yet to recieve universal praise for his work. What are your thoughts on Treat Williams???
Old 11-09-2002, 07:33 AM

I've always been a fan of Treat Williams. His best role by far is PRINCE OF THE CITY (1981). You're totally right about his career: this guy's got talent, and major success seems to always elude him. I've liked him in every single movie I've seen him in, even really bad movies like THINGS TO DO IN DENVER WHEN YOU'RE DEAD.
Old 11-09-2002, 11:10 AM
If you want to see Treat at his best, get a hold of a copy of the film version of "Hair". He totally rocked in the part of Berger. His performance so impressed me, I've tried to follow his career ever since. There's no denying, the man's incredibly talented.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:44 PM
Treat Williams IS The Man...

I thought Hair was a really good movie, and Treat is great in it, especially in the sad last 20 minutes or so. Also, he's a pretty good action star*!

(*Deep Rising)
Old 11-13-2002, 06:54 PM
Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead wasn't THAT bad. I actually liked it. Come on it was fun and messed up beyond belief. Steve Buscemi as Mr. Shhh, oh yeah. Treat Williams was pretty good in it, I've never been much of a fan, I do have sypathy for him suffering through the Substitute sequels...they should have just made a tv series...wait scratch that.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:49 PM

The topic header says it all...TREAT WILLIAMS IS DA MAN!
Old 11-18-2002, 03:35 PM
This is sick, but I really liked him in The Substitute 2: Schools Out. It was on HBO everyday for a month straight and I grew to love it. I even bought the DVD...
Old 11-18-2002, 11:13 PM
Treat William's is a very underrated actor. It's good to see him doing good work in the pretty good and successful Everwood.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:39 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Treat's birthday is on Sunday (December 1st)!! He will be 51 years old. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TREAT! YAY!!!!!!YAY!!!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 01:59 PM
I just saw an episode of Everwood and he was actually very good in it. I am starting to cave into the dark side of enjoying Treat Williams...I never thought I'd say that.
Old 11-27-2002, 04:05 PM
Movie Fan #1, I have removed all links to your site because we do not allow spamming on our board (read our rules here and specifically rule #5: http://www.joblo.com/rules.htm )

Our board is for MOVIE DISCUSSION only, and if you want folks to check out your website, you might want to include it in your profile, but not in your posts. That's not what our forums are about.

I hope you can understand and respect that in the future. If you have any issues on this, email me directly...do not respond on the board.
Old 12-07-2002, 09:18 AM
Oops. Sorry about that.

Bump.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:31 AM
It's not as if he never had a chance to display his talents...

Just look at HAIR or PRINCE OF THE CITY.

The sad fact though is: he's not much of an expressive actor. Sure, he is always convincing and I find him to compelling when cast as ordinary dude (liked DEEP END OF THE OCEAN especially), but just like Tom Berenger he just ain't a great actor and hardly a memorable one.

Still, he seems to be a cool dude.
Old 01-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Does anyone watch his show Everwood?
Old 01-26-2003, 10:46 PM
Y'all who love Treat try to find SMOOTH TALK (1985) .

He is truly at his game as a predator in this coming-of -age film by way of Joyce Carol Oates.
Chilling.

Remember, he was Xander Drax in THE PHANTOM!
Old 01-30-2003, 04:18 PM
"Manchester Eng-land Eng-LUND...."
Old 02-19-2003, 07:23 PM
No one's an Everwood fan?
Old 02-21-2003, 02:16 PM
I am! But I get bored when the teenagers come on. They should stick with the adults' storyline. It's very Northern Exposure-ish. It's pretty sick considering he's old enough to be grandpa but I am seriously in love with him. His voice is so gentle, like ripples in some summer side lake.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:08 PM
Madeline,

See SMOOTH TALK if you love his voice.
Or HAIR if you like to hear him singing.

He is a sexy man, with his own hair and voice that could melt buttah!