Old 08-18-2002, 06:21 PM
NOTLD and ROTLD

Hi everyone! This is my first post on this board, and my question is:
Are Return of the Living Dead movies the sequels of original Romero's Night of the Living Dead? Or is it just another zombie trilogy? If ya' know what I'm talking about - help me with this...
Old 08-18-2002, 06:36 PM
Nope, different trilogy.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:40 PM
I like the ROTLD a little more then night, dawn and day, in fact i havent seen night, and i dont really care too, dawn is good, but a little overlong, and day is great, but i still enjoy ROTLD1,2 and 3 alot more. call me a moron if you wish, but they are great.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:40 PM
welll... ROTLD is KIND OF a sequal to NOTLD (68)...the story in the latter is said to have Actually happened in ROTLD..

welcome to the boards!!!
Old 08-19-2002, 07:24 AM
Dawn has it's boring bits but is still a classy film. Having a living dead film set in a shopping centre is certainly different
I like the scene where they take off with the display vehicle and do some drive by shootings. Classic
Anyone seen City of the living dead
I have thought about watching it many times but left it on the shelf.
ROTLD : AWESOME
Old 08-19-2002, 09:26 AM
If you mean Lucio Fulci's "City Of The Living Dead" (aka "The Gates Of Hell"), go and rent it. It might feel cheesy, but watch it late at night and alone (well, I recommend you to watch it so) and you'll get a one hell of a creepy movie.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:51 AM
I liked both movies but ROTLD was a little better...i am gonna go see it at an old theater its playing at on saturday...i love that theater
Old 08-21-2002, 04:12 PM
Well I've seen Dawn of the Dead for the first time yesterday and I didn't like it It was so damn boring, I must say I slept well Tonite I gonna watch Day of the Dead and I'm hoping it'll be good. Anyway the best zombie trilogy for me is RotLD.
Old 08-24-2002, 01:24 AM
I have been trying to find a copy of ROTLD to buy but it is out of print. But i heard that at the end of August 2002 ROTLD will be released on DVD. Anyone else know of this?
Old 08-24-2002, 01:47 AM
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cryptzion:
I have been trying to find a copy of ROTLD to buy but it is out of print. But i heard that at the end of August 2002 ROTLD will be released on DVD. Anyone else know of this?</font>
yeah, the twenty-sevent, I think..

there was a topic about it in General..
Old 08-24-2002, 01:56 PM
Does anyone know if there will be any special features on the ROTLD dvd?
Old 08-24-2002, 02:13 PM
Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen
Theatrical trailer(s)
Commentary from Director/Writer Dan O'Bannon and Production Designer William Stout
"Designing the Dead" Featurette
Conceptual Art by William Stout
TV Spots
Widescreen letterbox format
Old 09-09-2002, 06:06 AM
I haven't seen Dawn or Day but I've seen Night and I have to say it was better than either of the ROTLD films (which weren't bad by the way). Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 09-09-2002, 11:49 AM
I heartily recommend that you seem them TK, At least ''Day'' anyway.