Old 03-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Kiefer Sutherland?

What do you schomes think of this guy. I think he's great on 24 ,and a good actor in films also, like Dark City. And others. And I'm looking forward to seeing him in Phone Booth. Anyways, what do you think of him?
Old 03-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Will we actually get to see him in "Phone Booth"? I was under the impression he just gave his voice to the flick.

Kiefer's living proof that talent can be hereditary. He's clearly inherited his dad's impressive acting ability. I'm one of the five people in the Western World who hasn't seen "24" (yet), but I've enjoyed every film performance I've ever seen him in.
Old 03-29-2003, 07:47 PM

A superb actor, and from what I've seen, a pretty damn nice guy. That combo is exactly why I'm a fan.
Old 03-29-2003, 07:57 PM
He's a pretty good actor. Not the best but good. His roles in " A Time To Kill" and " A Few Good Men" are probably his best though.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:55 PM
Well, Kiefer has his nice share of seethy & villanous characters. It would be nice to see him do something opposite.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BorderEevilIII
Well, Kiefer has his nice share of seethy & villanous characters. It would be nice to see him do something opposite.
Then you should check out "1969" and "The Vanishing". He does play the good guy very well.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FeydRautha
Then you should check out "1969" and "The Vanishing". He does play the good guy very well.
Very true, but lately hes not been doin roles like the ones u mentioned....
Old 03-29-2003, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BorderEevilIII
Do you not watch 24? His Jack Bauer is the greatest role he has ever had and I for one hope the show lasts for a very long long time!
Old 03-30-2003, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ilovemovies
Do you not watch 24? His Jack Bauer is the greatest role he has ever had and I for one hope the show lasts for a very long long time!
Hardly watch TV Yes I know...
Old 03-30-2003, 03:42 AM
THE LOST BOYS!

(Sorry, I just had to say that...)

Anyway, Kiefer is one of my favs. I haven't seen him doing a bad performance yet. Keep it up!
Old 03-30-2003, 03:52 AM
As far as movies are concerned my fav is the one movie he did with Dennis Hopper, I forget the name of it.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:38 PM
I think Kiefer Sutherland is a kick ass actor:he can play a bad guy,a good guy, an eccentric guy! He can play anything this guy is awesome as hell and he is becoming more popular with the success of 24 and i am happy that he has the success now! He can decide to do more movie roles!
Old 03-30-2003, 07:54 PM
Kiefer Sutherland is very handsome! I remember him being awesome in The Lost Boys and his part in Stand By Me.

I never got into 24, but I heard he's really good in that.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:56 PM
The movie with Sutherland and Hopper was Flashback. haven't seen it.

I've really enjoyed Sutherland since The Lost Boys. Lots of good stuff, the first time I thought he approached great was in his (relatively) minor role in Young Guns 2. Much better acting then the film needed, good stuff.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:28 AM
Kiefer Sutherland is very good actor, and he deserves to get more movie roles. Oh btw, does anyone think the man has a really slick voice? This may sound a bit weird, but I really like the way he talks....

Strider
Old 04-03-2003, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim H
The movie with Sutherland and Hopper was Flashback. haven't seen it.
I have. I set the timer on my VCR when it was on cable at like 3 in the morning, just coz Kiefer's in it. It's not bad: not completely unfunny, not hilariously funny, the sort of flick you reckon the leads signed on to just to pay their mortgages.

Kiefer rocked in his part as the uptight FBI agent who's the child of 60's hippies, but Dennis Hopper stole the show as the Gabby Hoffman-like radical on the run. And it had a sweet ending that makes you go "Aaaaawwwwww......"

Another one of Kiefer's unsung performances is the role he played in "Young Guns". This is one of the few Brat Pack flicks I sat through, and the acting wasn't that bad.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:06 AM
Kiefer is the man! He is so cool! He plays an awesome role in 24 and plays it VERY well. I absolutely despised Lost Boys and i saw it many years ago, so i'm gonna be biased against him in that, but the small role that he had in stand by me was a good one although he only had about 5-10 minutes of actual screen time.
He's an awesome guy!
Old 04-03-2003, 10:44 AM

he's awesome in 24...and i know not a lot of people watch tv, and i don't watch it as well; however, i do have my vcr set to tape 24 every week. if you have a chace to watch it it's amazing....the first season dvd rocks, and the second season, so far is awesome.

as far as his films go, besides phonebooth i wish he was in another movie soon, but i'm sure he's busy with 24...they just signed on for a third season.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Martin Luther Loomis
A superb actor, and from what I've seen, a pretty damn nice guy. That combo is exactly why I'm a fan.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Strider
Kiefer Sutherland is very good actor, and he deserves to get more movie roles. Oh btw, does anyone think the man has a really slick voice? This may sound a bit weird, but I really like the way he talks....

Strider
I know what you mean, man, he has this montone like voice, that never breaks, like Robin Williams' in Insomnia.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:20 PM
His voice is great that is why he was a great choice to play the voice of the sniper in Phone Booth.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:49 PM
He has a great voice. Almost, but not quite, as good as Donald Sutherland's. The legacy of his father will probably always be around him, Donald is like a minor god or something.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:34 AM
A couple years ago I was watching Stand By Me, and I thought to myself, Kiefer Sutherland's badass. I hope he gets some new roles and becomes a big star.

Lo and behold, along comes 24 and Kiefer's A list again! I've been watching the first season of 24 on DVD and it kicks! With a awesome new series, a Golden Globe and a rumoured starring role in Ghost Rider (I think he's be a better Batman, myself) things are looking again for the guy.
Old 04-04-2003, 02:16 PM
Managed to see an advance screening of Phone Booth and although we don't see him, his vocal sparring with Colin Farrell is superb, although he's not in the opening credits (ala Spacey in Seven) as soon as you hear that voice you know its him.
Great film see it as soon as you can
Old 04-05-2003, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by docholiday_13
Lo and behold, along comes 24 and Kiefer's A list again! I've been watching the first season of 24 on DVD and it kicks! With a awesome new series, a Golden Globe and a rumoured starring role in Ghost Rider (I think he's be a better Batman, myself) things are looking again for the guy.
You know what? I think you might be on to something great right there, Kiefer Sutherland would make a good Batman....

Strider
Old 04-05-2003, 07:04 AM
I think he's great. One of my fave actors. I watched Dark City a few weeks ago and he was pretty great in that.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Loved him since....

STAND BY ME

RENEGADES

THE BAY BOY! (Kiefer fans must check this one out. Its Kiefer when he was young, cute, and raw.)

LOST BOYS
The only man to ever make a mullet acceptable. Peroxide heaven.

YOUNG GUNS
Screw Estevez, I want Doc.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:32 AM
YAY-diddly-AY!!!

Keifer is the bees knees.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:40 AM
Loved him since the Lost Boys........a good actor.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:20 PM
Yay for Kiefer!
Old 04-18-2003, 01:29 AM
Definitely a YAY

He's always been a good actor, and has a cool name.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim H
He has a great voice. Almost, but not quite, as good as Donald Sutherland's.
Have you noticed how, in the last few years, it seems like he's picking his dad's vocal traits? Donald speaks in a very clipped, melodic tone, and after having just sat through a "24" marathon, I couldn't help noticing Kiefer's diction seems to be going the same way. Or maybe it's a Canadian thing, I dunno. (Canadian schmoes feel free to put me straight.)

Another great performance he gave that hasn't been mentioned yet was in the British flick "Chicago Joe and the Showgirl". It bombed at the box office, but it wasn't that bad a film, and he was terrific in it.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FeydRautha
Have you noticed how, in the last few years, it seems like he's picking his dad's vocal traits? Donald speaks in a very clipped, melodic tone, and after having just sat through a "24" marathon, I couldn't help noticing Kiefer's diction seems to be going the same way. Or maybe it's a Canadian thing, I dunno. (Canadian schmoes feel free to put me straight.)
No, it's not a Canadian thing. Although, I do wish I had a voice like Kiefer's. It's all charismatic and velvety. Who could say no to Kiefer? Anyway, with the ratings of 24 having a huge increase in season 2, it's all good for the very talented actor. Go Kiefer!
Old 04-20-2003, 02:08 PM
awesome actor...very very very good at what he does...enjoy his acting and presence,and his voice is badass.besides phone booth he hasnt been in too many large theatrically released films,shame,i think he can still hold his own.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:19 PM
I've liked most of his films. I can't say anything about his current ability since I don't watch 24 but I'm sure he is still good. I had a big crush on him when Flatliners came out.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:22 PM
One big fat YAY for Kiefer.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:25 PM
I've always had a soft spot for him. I'm glad he is re-emerging back into the lime light in postive way.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:55 PM
Since "24" is back on, I figured I'd bump this topic up.

(from kiefer-rocks.com)

A great, handsome and diverse actor.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:04 AM

Solid actor who has yet to disappoint me with his performances. He is a great film and television actor, he excels at it all. Yay.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:19 AM
let me just say: Yes yes o god yes.