Old 04-08-2003, 03:28 PM
Have you guys read The Hours?

I myself haven't, yet. I saw The Hours twice last week and I ordered the book itself last Saturday. It'll arrive to my hands from Moscow on April 25.

Just want to know your opinions about it. I read a few pages on amazon, which they've placed there, and I loved them. Really looking forward the whole book!
Old 04-12-2003, 10:33 AM
It was really good. The movie really stayed true to the book.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:17 PM
I've read it two times already. Going to read it one more time in a week or two, after I've finished another books I've planned to read.

The book is just brilliant! I think it's the best book in last, at least, 15 years. It's unique, I haven't read anything like that before! All those details like yellow roses (real ones and those ones on the birthday cake) are pretty.... umm.. appealing. Every single movement of one hero is connected to movement of another. Same with thoughts. Cunningham spent lots of time on writing it, I believe. But it was so worth the result!!

I'm really amazed by it!
Old 07-13-2003, 08:53 PM
I love this book, it's really good. Everyone should read it.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:14 PM
Brilliant, brilliant book that everyone should read. I've read it a few times now (first time back in March just before seeing the movie). The movie's also great (9/10) and stays very true to the book.