Old 04-08-2003, 04:31 PM
Gone With The Wind.

I'm reading it. I haven't even reached the second volume yet, reading the first one now... the process is slow but right

Have you read it? Did you like it? What do you like better the book or the movie?
Old 04-08-2003, 06:04 PM
I loved it. It's one of my favourite books. I love those sweeping, family sagas and this is one of my favourite books of that genre.

I didn't know it came in two volumes, though. The one I read was just one big book!
Old 04-08-2003, 06:09 PM
I read it and appreciated it a lot more than the movie(though the movie is great). But I usually read fairly fast(I can read about 4 or 5 books a week depending on length) and it took me forever to get through that book(though not as long as it took me to read The Count of Monte Cristo...good grief).
Old 04-09-2003, 05:12 AM
There's nothing better than when a book you like lasts for ages! At the moment I'm reading a Robert Ludlum book and it's lasted me for 9 days - and it's a really great feeling because it's great to know that I can read 200 pages and STILL only have a quarter of the book finished. I remember reading THE NEVERENDING STORY when I was 13 and thinking, 'Damn, if only it WAS neverending...' I think this is why I like books like GONE WITH THE WIND, THE STAND, anything by John Irving, etc. - because they are very enjoyable to read and they are also very, very long so you can really get absorbed into them. It's always vaguely disappointing when a book is really good and you finish it in two days.
Old 04-09-2003, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jenna25
I read it and appreciated it a lot more than the movie(though the movie is great). But I usually read fairly fast(I can read about 4 or 5 books a week depending on length) and it took me forever to get through that book(though not as long as it took me to read The Count of Monte Cristo...good grief).
well, I've been reading it for quite a time already. I actually don't have much time to do it, I only read in the evenings when... lol, when I am finished with watching movies.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Saw the Movie 10/10 then read the book 1/10

Oh I mean 10/10
Old 04-12-2003, 03:58 PM
I did read this, and did enjoy it. The book is better for me than the movie, because it's a very comforting, fairly compelling story in literary form. The movie was good (7/10), but I found all of the characters ('cept Rhett) FAR more annoying in the film.

The book goes further indepth, and is a fun read, even if it's not a literary masterpiece.