Old 04-12-2003, 02:49 PM
"Night" by Elie Wiesel

Anyone read this? It's the autobiography of a survivor from the holocaust. A very good and easy read, although kind of depressing. And if you liked The Pianist, it's definetely for you!

Last edited by Grim H.; 04-12-2003 at 10:36 PM..
Old 04-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Incidentially, I read this for a class this year, and found it to be excellent. There is some really incredible, rather horrifying imagery in it. I read this the day before I saw The Pianist...it was not an uplifting weekend, I'll tell you.

A very personal book for Wiesel, obviously. I highly recommend it for anyone interested in the holocaust.
Old 04-12-2003, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I had to read this for my English class this year, and then I saw The Pianist, and was shocked at the similarities. A good book and a good movie...I still have to see Schindler's List
Old 04-12-2003, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Grim H.
Yeah, I had to read this for my English class this year, and then I saw The Pianist, and was shocked at the similarities. A good book and a good movie...I still have to see Schindler's List
The similarities between we on this topic is frightening. I basically have the exact same thoughts, including the lack of Schindler's List....except it was History not English
Old 04-12-2003, 07:32 PM
I also read this in English class. It's one of the most vivid stories of the holocaust I've ever read or seen. It's a great read.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:49 PM
I read it for English class in 10th grade. A fantastic book that I don't think I can ever forget. And that's coming from someone who gets bored from reading.