Old 04-16-2003, 09:21 AM
Arnold Schwarzenegger

I am quite a big fan of his. He may not be the best "actor" ever, but he is certainly very cool and charismatic. He is one of my favorite "stars", or someone who I like to see on the big screen. I think he's a classic action star that'll go down in history with the likes of Bruce Lee, Steve McQueen, and Harrison Ford (Indy Jones, Han Solo, Jack Ryan, etc...). What do you schmoes think?
Old 04-16-2003, 01:35 PM

Arnie is a legend.

Loved that story about how when he came over to the UK he kept coming onto his interviewers and pinching there arses...classy.

"Remember when I said I'd kill you last....I lied."
Old 04-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Best action star. Ever. Decent actor too. Now, if he could only get back to consistantly making good movies...
Old 04-16-2003, 05:52 PM
he's awesome. one of the best action stars ever.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:09 AM
I like the guy. He's a great action star but I wish to see him in more dramatic roles.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:47 AM
YAY...

Possibly THE best action star of the past 20 years...and he is a sly old lecherous dog on the side, you can see it in his eyes.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Seen all of his movies, they all kick ass. Can't wait for T3.....
Old 04-17-2003, 11:54 AM
I love Arnie: he's great. If I fancy an action flick he's the first actor I turn to.

Big yay!
Old 04-17-2003, 01:17 PM
hes is probably the greatest action hero of all time. certainly pisses all over vin "in the closet" diesel.

arnie is a legend, i will watch anything the guy puts out.

huge yay

YAY!
Old 04-17-2003, 01:52 PM

Ahnuld was the coolest action star of the 80s 'til the mid-90s ...I love his early movies in which you barely understand a single word because of his thick Austrian accent.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:53 PM
arnie is a badass who has made some very badass movies, like the termantior, what a badass film. yeah, quoth you're right, vin desil does suck. what a fuckface poopeater.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Claw
. yeah, quoth you're right, vin desil does suck. what a fuckface poopeater.

well, you took the words right out of my mouth, except i was gonna call him a poopface fuckeater

Old 04-17-2003, 05:30 PM
The best action star ever in my opinion. Sorry Vin Diesel, but "I live for this shit" can't hold a candle to "I'll be back".
Old 04-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Even w/ the bad movies like Junior,sorry that movie sucked big time! Ah-nuld is still the man! I grew up with his movies and he has branched out to good ones like Twins and the amusing Kindergarten Cop. Im just counting down to T3!!!!
Old 04-18-2003, 01:26 AM
YAY

Arnold is cool, always has been, always gave funny one liners.

And not half bad movies either.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:19 AM
The last and the best action hero ever !
Old 04-18-2003, 12:26 PM
He's certainly had a great career

Conan The Barbarian
Terminator
Terminator 2
Total Recall
True Lies
Commando
Kindergarden Cop
Eraser

All classics...
Old 04-18-2003, 01:19 PM
Yay. No great actor, but you just gotta love him.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote:
Originally posted by dh1989

oh what a cutie!

Anyway...YAY!
Old 04-18-2003, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by PorcheRacer
He's certainly had a great career

Conan The Barbarian
Terminator
Terminator 2
Total Recall
True Lies
Commando
Kindergarden Cop
Eraser

All classics...
Yeah, and don't forget Predator and the terrific Hercules in New York!
Old 04-19-2003, 07:00 PM
"I'm the party poopah."

Man, I love this guy. Most of his movies are good, and I can't wait fo' T3! LONG LIVE ARNIE!
Old 04-19-2003, 07:15 PM
YAY!! Ya gotta love the guy...
Old 04-22-2003, 01:18 PM
He's not the greatest actor but he has some of the most quotable lines ever. Plus he makes a GREAT avatar
Old 04-22-2003, 04:24 PM
Always loved his movies, he's a pretty deasant guy from what I've heard, so YAY
Old 04-22-2003, 06:15 PM
"Look! Elephant!"

Best Action Star Ever....he is The Legend..there is just no doubt!

He is my all time favorite actor ever! He's done some kickass movies. T2, Predator, True Lies! the man is not the greatest actor..but he sure is a comedian! "Good mornin'...Hi....how are you..." lol he rawks!

"But I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it in your stomach, and rip out your g-damn spine!"

T3 will own! mark my words!
Old 04-22-2003, 07:10 PM
I've had a soft spot for the lug, not for his action movies, but his underrated flair for comedy.

He's great in action scenes, but his best range is comedic. Take Total Recall, for example. When he gets in the Johnny Cab, stating his desired direction, and the little robot driver doesn't know what he's talking about, Arnie gets frustrated and with a bugged out look in his eyes, blurts out, "Shit! Shit!" (the punchline being that the robot doesn't know this exact location). I crack up every time! Maybe it's just his facial expression, I don't know. It happens to me a lot when I watch him doing what he does best.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:23 PM
Definite yay. He has had some of the greatest one liners in the history of film and has a really great attitude about most everything. He knows that he will never win an Academy Award and therefore doesn't take himself seriously which I find refreshing. There's really nothing to dislike the guy for. I also noticed that he has yet to receive a Nay which is great IMO.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BorderEevilIII
Even w/ the bad movies like Junior,sorry that movie sucked big time! Ah-nuld is still the man! I grew up with his movies and he has branched out to good ones like Twins and the amusing Kindergarten Cop. Im just counting down to T3!!!!

Actually, I loved Junior. I thought it was also one of his best performances. A great comedy.

Anyway he gets a BIG YAY from me. Next to Harrison Ford and Bruce Willis he's the best action hero alive. Period.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:57 PM
THEE biggest action star of all time hands down! This guy is amazing. And T3 is gonna kick so much ass, The Matrix will have to bow down to Ah nuld and co!
Old 06-10-2003, 03:33 PM
Although he has been in some really bad movie (Hercules in New York? What was he thinking?!), he is one of the most recognizable people in movie history, and definitely has one of the most recognizable and fun-to-imitate voices. And he has starred in T2, which is likely the greatest "popcorn movie" of all-time. So, a yay from me.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:07 PM
"Who Ah You!?"

"It's Not A Too-mah!"

"I Iced that guy....To CONE A Phrase."

He is very quotable, as you can see, I love impersonating his accent. And his movies are great. YAY
Old 06-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by zeppelin
Although he has been in some really bad movie (Hercules in New York? What was he thinking?!), he is one of the most recognizable people in movie history, and definitely has one of the most recognizable and fun-to-imitate voices. And he has starred in T2, which is likely the greatest "popcorn movie" of all-time. So, a yay from me.
It's not really fair to say that about him in Hercules because that was when he first starting out and was struggling. They even dubbed his freakin' voice for that movie. It wasn't until Conan and Terminator when he could have been more picky.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:16 AM
An Yay. Well, the thing bout Arnie is he belongs in the same league of big- action movie heroes like Stallone & Willis. I hope T3 rocks as a movie & at the box office...if not, he might just end up playing pool with Stallone in a closed down Planet Hollywood bar.
Old 07-06-2003, 02:16 AM
One of the greatest action stars ever! And he's fantastic in Terminator 2! One of my favourite films of all time!Can't wait for T3 to arrive in NZ (which is in a weeks time I think) A definite yay for him!
Old 07-06-2003, 06:47 AM
"Who is you daddy and what does he do?"

YAY
Old 07-06-2003, 06:55 AM
He gets a big YAY from me.

The guy has made a lot of mistakes but he's also given us so many great action movies that I couldn't possibly give him anything even close to a NAY. I just hope he manages to pack in King Conan: Crown Of Iron, Crusade, Total Recall 2 and True Lies 2 before he goes into politics. Those, along with Terminator 3, would be a perfect end to his career in movies.
Old 07-07-2003, 12:46 AM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-2003, 10:30 PM
Yay for the future governor...or should I say governator. He's given us a lot of entertaining performances in the past, and he's redeemed himself for his recent string of crap with T3.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:36 PM
Random Fact: Everyone who replied, said YAY ARNIE you ROCK!!!!