Old 04-18-2003, 03:55 AM
Penelope Cruz

Last edited by Hannibal21; 06-09-2003 at 08:54 PM..
Old 04-18-2003, 04:16 AM

I was always kind of indifferent until just recently...

She's shooting a couple of films here in Montreal this summer and about a couple of weeks ago she started coming into the video store where I work. One day I noticed a really attractive woman (as there are often here in the downtown area) and then I realized that it was her.

She's an angel...

I don't usually get starstruck (as other stars have come in to rent), but I must admit I was quite taken aback by her. She was always sweet, down-to-earth and polite and she didn't hide under a goddamn baseball cap or anything either. I admit I develloped a little crush on the lovely Penelope. She gave one of the employees an authograph (she signed it in Spanish-what a cutie) and always paid her late fees.She's a great actress, she devotes a LOT of time to charities and most importantly she's a class act!

Keep up the good work honey!

Last edited by Indiana Sev; 04-18-2003 at 04:23 AM..
Old 04-18-2003, 08:30 AM
I liked her up until a couple of years ago, that is till she went to Hollywood, but since then she's been horrible in everyhting I've seen her in, so right now she's a NAY. If she comes back to Europe and starts making movies in a language she can actually speak, my opinion might improve.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Trinity
I liked her up until a couple of years ago, that is till she went to Hollywood, but since then she's been horrible in everyhting I've seen her in, so right now she's a NAY. If she comes back to Europe and starts making movies in a language she can actually speak, my opinion might improve.
This is one of the advantages of the dubbing. I haven't got to suffer her English pronunciation, because I see her dubbed by a very good dubbing actress who makes her performance watchable. The day that I see her in original version maybe my mind would change, but till then I still remember that she's a great actress and that she's really beautiful: YAY
Old 04-18-2003, 09:42 AM
I still anticipate to see her in the original Vanilla Sky movie but she was ok in Woman on Top but I despised her, well her character in Blow she was i biatch! But being that shes Tom Cruise's GF at the moment, mild YAY...
Old 04-18-2003, 10:56 AM
Nay
Old 04-18-2003, 12:04 PM
She seems like a sweetie; I'm sure her english language performances will improve with experience too. Yay I guess.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:43 PM
Overrated skank in my opinion.

I'd consider doing her though.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:46 PM
yinay...............i sort of like her and sort of hate her. she's kind of annoying, but she was pretty good in vanilla sky..........she's alright i guess.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by vtadave
Overrated skank in my opinion.
Explain us how can she be overrated when she hasn't received a single good critic in her entire USA career...
Old 04-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Yay! I think she's a good actress, and definitely hot -- not as hot as Nicole Kidman, but I'd do her any time of day or night. Nice chick, too.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:57 PM
BUMP

Now the girl gets a automatic YAY from me. Even though she sucks in most of her American films, she's absolutely incredible in her foreign films. I thought she deserved an oscar for her performance in Abre los Ojos, and in her foreign films she's GORGEOUS. I don't know what happened to her in her American films but she looks like a mouse in those films. Please, honey, come back to your non english speaking roles and dump Tom Cruise!
Old 06-09-2003, 09:45 PM
Overall Yay!

I've liked her in all the movies I've seen her in, she gave a particularly great performance in Abre Los Ojos (Open Your Eyes). She's a pretty good actress, and attractive as well.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:52 PM
Nay, she's ugly and has no charisma in her English speaking roles such as Vanilla Sky and All the Pretty Horses.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:30 PM
I really liked her before she started to make Hollywood crap, (Vanilla sky for example, just a bad version of the spanish film Abre los ojos). Now I don't know, I think she should go back to the type of characters she performed in Almodovar's movies.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:46 AM
I think she is a super hottie. She pretty much rocks in her spanish films, but struggles so much with english that her USA career hasn't impressed me at all.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:28 PM
She's an okay actress but she kinda looks like Tom Cruise in drag.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:51 PM
NAY!!! NAY!!!! NNNEEEEYYYY!!!!

Talentless, horsefaced, moooooo!!!

But that's just my opinion... like who you like...
Old 06-20-2003, 10:08 PM
Nay
Old 06-21-2003, 09:10 AM
YaY
Old 06-21-2003, 05:52 PM