Old 02-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
I don't understand why everyone keeps calling that title the spinner belt. They took away the spinning aspect of it in 2007 or 2008. It's still an ugly belt though, they need to make the ECW one a little smaller and just use that for the WWE Title. That was a great looking belt.

I hate the weekly WWE skits, but I can't say it's the lowest point in wrestling. That's hyperbole in the purest sense. The lowest point in wrestling would be WWE superstar Chris Benoit killing his family and the terrible handling of the situation by the WWE in the media. How about Jose Gonzales who stabbed and killed Bruiser Brody getting a face push in Puerto Rico a year after committing the murder(He got acquitted and said it was in self defense, but it was still a murder). How about any angle where Fritz Von Erich fakes a heart attack which many thought was real due to the fact that most of his sons were dead at that point. Or how about Vince McMahon interviewing Melanie Pillman on Raw the day after her husband died and asking her what she's going to do about the kids. Look for it on Youtube, it's much more disgusting than Raw Celebrity hosts.

From a fans standpoint, Vince buying WCW and ECW is much worst than mid-carders doing a goofy skit. If you mean lowest point on wrestling television, it's crappy television, but it's no different than the wackiness of Doink and The Bushwhackers in the 90's. This stuff will be forgotten a year from now. It's not as morally appalling and embarrassing to watch as Katie Vick, HLA/Lesbians get destroyed for a few minutes by 3 Minute Warning, or that demeaning segment where Vince made Trish Stratus strip and then bark like a dog, or Undertaker trying to kill Austin on live television(Live embalming), and so on. Rusty, I respect your views, but I can't think of the last time you enjoyed Raw. There could be a show full of great matches and great angles top to bottom you would ignore that and complain about the ten second Bella Twins or Hornswoggle segment instead. Raw has been shitty for the past couple years at least 60% of the time, but most of the time even with the lamest comedy segment there is a good match or two to make up for it somewhat. Even on that show with the Midget court segment/Jerishow believe in Santa segment which gets called the worst Raw of all time with good reason, there was a good John Cena vs Jack Swagger match on it. I'll take that over WCW Thunder from 99/00 or the AWA show on ESPN in 89/90, or Nitro in 2000 where they were maybe 1 or 2 decent matches the whole year.

Wendi going in makes sense because she was in the original screwjob and since I guess Vince/Bret backstage have made nice, it makes sense for Vince to atone for his sins and induct the victim for the original screwjob.

As for female wrestlers to induct in a Hall of Fame, the choices are slim. Definately, more deserving candidates than Ivory though. That's bottom of the barrel for diva Hall of Famers. There are a ton of Japanese female wrestlers that should be in a hall of fame like Aja Kong, Akira Hokuto, Bull Nakano, Manami Toyota, The Crush Girls, and Dump Matsumoto but they've all either had very limited or no American experience. None of them really had the American following that Inoki had. For American female wrestlers, the only logical one I can see is Sunny/Tammy Lynn Sytch. Miss Elizabeth will probably get in soon. Trish and Lita will probably get inducted in 5-10 years. Sunny was the original diva that set the standard. Except, Sunny was more charismatic than 90% of the divas in the company combined. She was a great heel and it's sad that she only really got a chance to shine from 93 in SMW to 97 when they turned her face and the drug use started to show.
Let me start off by saying a joyous happy birthday to you, Frank. And many more, my friend.

Simply to clarify:

The wrestling on RAW is average to pretty good, depending on who's in the ring wrestling. If it's Cena v.s. Orton AGAIN, I know it's going to be good (unless it's a ten minute match at 10:50PM resulting in Cena getting beat with a chair and the DQ) but we've SEEN it. But they do offer matches with at least some newness to them (giving Kofi some run a few weeks ago and adding the ECW guys is a good move) but Frank, here's my problem.

When you use the word "entertainment" in your company name, when you roll these skits out AND you have a team of writers that create these skits, several of which involve themselves in programming, it IS relevant and for me,(an amateur writer and a wrestling fan) it's something to focus on.

Ten seconds of the Bellas? More like several minutes and they always tie into a more serious problem which is this idiotic guest host theme. I'm glad to see they're finally gonna end it because it was a bad idea from jump and it only got worse as it went along.

Whoever enjoyed it, keep doing so. If that's what you consider entertainment, then you're satisfied. I'm not. I want more of what they did on NXT (very impressed by everything...except the way they treated Darren Young and that damned song. It's going to get old quick) and less of what they're currently rolling out.

I have no problem with the "wrestling" on the show but McMahon is supposed to offer a total package with this promotion.

For me, that's not being achieved. I know I'm not alone. I think when this guest host thing ends and they get back to focusing on wrestling-centric storylines solely, personally speaking, RAW will go in a far better direction.

WHo wins NXT?
Daniel Bryan's too obvious a choice.
But who I ask?
Old 02-26-2010, 11:34 AM
On rewatch, I'm more peeved at the way they treated Wade Barrett than Darren Young. Young and the way he interacts with Punk is the obvious comic relief of the show. And bizarre resemblence to Cena or not, he's probably never going to be anything more than a jobber based on how goofy the guy looks with his awful hair and the fact that he looks like a super guido with a bunch of bronze on. They gave Barrett a couple of opportunities to talk and despite his weird voice, Jericho and Matt Striker both cut him off when he was finding his groove. Barrett is a good talker and he's the commentator on FCW, so hopefully they will give him a chance to talk more. The bareknuckled brawler that happens to be a gentleman who carries roses has potential to be good stuff. One thing I noticed is that it sounded like the crowd was chanting "Danielson, Danielson" during the Bryan/Jericho match which is pretty cool.

The theme song is really bad and annoying, but aren't most of the music the WWE uses. It's of the boring radio rock variety like Nickleback, Papa Roach, Three Day Grace, and so on.

On the rewatch the only worthless one of the bunch is Heath Slater. As Young could bring the funny based on being around Punk. The only thing Slater has going for him is that when him and Christian team people can call them Christian Slater.

Watching some FCW, Justin Angel/Gabriel or the guy who Matt Hardy is mentoring could possibly be a darkhorse. He's a great highflyer with some good charisma and is pretty similar to AJ Styles. I'm still excited for Regal/Cowboy wackiness.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 02-26-2010 at 11:39 AM..
Old 02-26-2010, 01:55 PM
- WWE has released Paul Burchill. Burchill had most recently been part of ECW. There was some talk of moving him to RAW as a face and he had even tried the role out at a few house shows, but it never happened.

- WWE announced that they have released Gregory Helms/Hurricane. He had last been on the ECW brand. Helsm was involved in an incident with Chris Jericho after a Smackdown taping last month that might have had something to do with his release.

Credit: PWInsider

I'm shocked Helms lasted as long as he did. He was having a good little run on Smackdown in 06 until he got injured and was out for almost two years. He was never the same after that and looked pretty bad on ECW.

Burchill was someone who was decent, but never had enough charisma. He was kind of wasted as he was an athletic freak for a big guy who could do Standing Shooting Star Presses and Sommersault planchas, but doing that stuff when he was younger led to his body getting broke down much quicker and suffering a bunch of injuries which hurt his ringwork. I hope they keep Katie Lea as she plays a great face in the footage I've seen of her in British promotions, but I doubt it.

I figure Vance Archer and Tyler Reks will probably be next. I hope Goldust and Mike Knox are safe. Knox is someone who I disliked at first, but he's grown to be one of my favorites on Smackdown. All of his offense looks like it hurts and his crossbody is devestating. He's had some great matches with Finlay and Mysterio and I wish they'd let him get one match against Taker. They'd mesh together perfectly. He's also surprisingly athletic as I heard that he used to bust out a standing moonsault all the time when he was in the developmentals and his dropkick is fluid as hell. It's not like Kane or Big Show's dropkick, it's like AJ Styles or Morrison's with the complete flip after the dropkick. It's a shame that he's not what Vince wants in a big guy because he should be doing a Bruiser Brody 2010 gimmick right now.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 02-26-2010 at 02:08 PM..
Old 02-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Helms will more than likely land in TNA, is he still dating Velvet Sky? Plus, he is good friends with Shannon Moore and Jeff Hardy. He has been hurt for a long time, so, a shorter schedule would be better for him.

I never liked Burchill, what little I saw of him. I am sure more cuts will being coming because they always come this time of the year.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:51 PM
WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Diva Maria as of today February 26, 2010. We wish Maria the best in all future endeavors.

WWE.com

Maria getting released is kind of surprising since she's in an angle with Matt Hardy right now, but from what I've read she's trying to become a musician as I think she has an album coming out soon with her band. She's also going to be on Celebrity Apprentice and is looking to branch out of the wrestling business. Maria's originally from Ottawa, Illinois which is about ten minutes from where I live, so it's cool that someone that lives in my area made it big somewhat. I always thought Maria was attractive and I thought her dumbass interviewer character was adorable and she was great with Santino, but once they broke them up and she became generic diva #55 I could care less. If she still wants to be in the wrestling business, than she would be perfect in The Beautiful People replacing Lacey Von Erich as the complete dumbass of the group.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Matt is released during this round of cuts. He's been making some embarrasingly bad youtube videos as of late with his brother which make the business look like it involves nothing but crazed drug addicted rednecks, was apart of the whole Helms thing (Jericho's the champ though so that's weird), and is pretty out of shape. Couple that with constant mocking of the WWE and sounding miserable on his Twitter account and I'm shocked he hasn't asked for his release yet. It looks like the prime years of his career (05-08) are over since the guy had a disappointing 2009 and is pretty much a JTTS right now.

Rusty, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bellas are on the chopping block. So you can rejoice. They have like 15 divas in FCW and the Bellas aren't incredibly hot or anything so they can be replaced by hotter chicks standing there doing nothing. In fact, they really need to combine the two divas divisions and make it one belt again. They can release all of the Raw divas except Maryse, Katie Lea, and Eve (I think Eve has a lot of charisma and has more personality than the eye candy divas like Kelly and The Bellas so you can use her as a manager until she gets better in the ring) and combine those divas with the Smackdown divas for the women's division. Gail has been awful since her return to the WWE and seems to hurt someone everytime she's in the ring and Melina is injured more than she's around anymore. In a perfect world Michelle McCool would get released since she brings nothing to the table looks, wrestling, or personality wise but she's still with Taker so that won't happen. You can build the division around Beth, Natalya, Katie, Mickie, Serena, McCool, and Maryse.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 02-26-2010 at 04:09 PM..
Old 02-26-2010, 04:17 PM
The last time I watched RAW, before Bret Hart's return, Maria was still playing a decent role, how times have changed since then. Her Playboy shoot was awful, and since then, she seems to have gone downhill. But, she was really just eye candy, and you can find more, and more attractive, females out there.

As for you mentioned Matt Hardy, Frank, that would be an interesting cut. From what I have read, he gets one of the biggest pops out of the crowd, and he is a mentor on NXT. I do not see him going anywhere, mainly due to the new show.

Burchill and Helms were dead weight. Maria is played out. With the "rookies," I think the E is trying to get rid of a lot of people that are just not cutting it right now, and hoping some of the "rookies" cut it.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe1985 View Post

As for you mentioned Matt Hardy, Frank, that would be an interesting cut. From what I have read, he gets one of the biggest pops out of the crowd, and he is a mentor on NXT. I do not see him going anywhere, mainly due to the new show.

If Hardy were to get cut/ask for his release they could do a slight bury job and say he couldn't cut it as a trainer and replace him with Mysterio possibly. Justin Gabriel is supposed to be a great high flyer and it could add to the Punk/Mysterio buildup for their Mania match.

Another release

WWE has released another roster member. The latest victim is referee Scott Armstrong. The son of wrestling legend "Bullet" Bob Armstrong joined the company in 2006 and was well-liked backstage.

Credit: PWInsider

I'm a bit of a mark for Brad, Steve, and Scott Armstrong but wow Scott was a terrible referee. A very good wrestler, but he usually took away from the match and botched a bunch of calls and finishes. The most recent example was the end of Sheamus/Randy Orton at the Rumble.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 02-26-2010 at 07:25 PM..
Old 02-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Maria was hot.

Helms will be in TNA eventually.

I don't know about Burchill. I always thought they guy had potential.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm really happy that Scott Armstrong got released. I never like his counts, the way he would raise and drop his hand annoyed the hell outta me,i didnt like his always red face, his bright blond hair..everything about him I just wanted to hit him. Whatever happened to that black ref they had like 2-3 months ago? I saw him at a raw show I believe and after that never saw him again.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:53 PM
More winter cleaning from the WWE

WWE.com announced the following today…

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Charlie Haas as of today, February 28, 2010. We wish Charlie Haas the best in all future endeavors.

Haas reminds me of Steve Blackman in that technically, he's a decent wrestler but he doesn't emote enough or give me any reason to care about him. He's kind of a black hole of charisma and has zero crowd connection. He was good in Team Angle/World's Greatest Tag Team with Shelton and the impersonation deal had a fun Cena impression.

I'm wondering if Funaki is still even employed. Maybe, it's a deal like Milton from Office Space where he got fired in 2005 and he keeps showing up since they forgot to tell him.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 02-28-2010 at 04:40 PM..
Old 02-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Haas is no big surprise. I don't even remember the last time I saw him.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:15 PM
When I read they let Haas go I was thinking, "He is still employed by them?"
Old 02-28-2010, 07:56 PM
You will be missed Charlie Haas. I've always liked him. Made a good heel. Its like when they broke up the World's Greatest Tag Team, he never really got a push while Shelton beat Triple H twice in 2 weeks lol.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm pretty sure The Great Khali will get future endeavored soon. Along with Mickie James(pursuing singing), Alicia Fox, Chavo, Hornswoggle, Primo, Curt Hawkins(no idea he was still employed lmao), Jimmy Wang Yang, Kung Fu Naki, and Slam Masta Jay..
Old 02-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
I'm pretty sure The Great Khali will get future endeavored soon. Along with Mickie James(pursuing singing), Alicia Fox, Chavo, Hornswoggle, Primo, Curt Hawkins(no idea he was still employed lmao), Jimmy Wang Yang, Kung Fu Naki, and Slam Masta Jay..
Hornswoggle isn't going anywhere. The kiddies love him. As for Chavo, I feel like he's only be around this long because of Eddie. While he is a good worker, it's clear they don't give a shit about him.

I don't see Fu Naki being released. Maybe made a road agent. He's been there awhile (12 years! Damn) and I remember reading a lot of people actually respect him and that he's really we liked by almost every body.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:19 AM
Doesn't matter how long you've been in the business. You'll take cuts any way you can get them. There's word going around that Hornswoggle's push into DX was his final "stand". Chavo, I don't know. I'd love for him to stick around but I don't know.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Guys, what happened to JR? Is he no longer doing PPVs or Smackdown!? I haven't got Smackdown! in Asia so I wouldn't know.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe8byrant View Post
Guys, what happened to JR? Is he no longer doing PPVs or Smackdown!? I haven't got Smackdown! in Asia so I wouldn't know.
He had another Bells Palsey attack and is recovering.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I'll take these in order.

Burchill: they could've done more with him (team him with Regal and Katie Lee and have a British stable) but too many midcarders, this is what happens.

Helms: wasn't he limited with the neck injury anyway? With a small gathering of cruiserweights and no belt to compete for, this was inevitable.

Maria: ...what? TV time most recently, she's on their damned website all of the time. And Kelly Kelly is still employed? Hmmm.....

Charlie Haas: a damned shame. The guy can wrestle, he has the charisma thing, but again - midcarder in a promotion with a locker room full of midcarders. Little or no time on TV just meant it was a matter of time.

How many more will go?
And are they identifiable? No TV time, horrible skits, pairing together in comical tag teams or TV filler tag teams?
Keep watching the skies...
Old 03-01-2010, 03:58 PM
If you have ever read anything from bookers/writers, they all say the same thing: you have to make an impact right away. Your gimmick could be terrible, but you do what you can to get over. Take HHH, terrible gimmick when he came in, but he made it work. Shawn Michaels, came in with a gimmick that we all knew would fade, and he went on to become a huge star. Bret Hart wore pink and black his whole career, which should have buried him, the pink part, and yet, he is one of the most popular wrestlers of all time.

Doink the Clown, yes Doink, a terrible gimmick. The guy is still on the indies.

Also, these writers/bookers will ask talent for their opinions on where to take their character. It is not just up to them to create storylines, but the wrestlers need to play their part. I watched a shoot interview a few years back with Shawn Michaels. He basically said why people hated him and the Clique. They were not afraid to voice their opinions on things. If something sucked, they voiced their opinions, and offered suggestions. Look at Shawn and Hunter, they play a role in storylines because they were not afraid to step up, and do this.

I do not know these guys/girls, but there is a reason these people don't make it far in the business.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Well, the Cheech And Chong stuff was pretty stupid but they had to find some PGish way to have them act stoned. Plus, both guys are charismatic enough that they come off better than a lot of hosts even with the crappy Raw writing. Pillowfight stuff was dumb, but much better than Jerry Springer parody/bull riding. They really should've ended the guest host stuff the night after the Rumble because it completely clashes with the serious Road To Wrestlemania buildup. It didn't feel as long as the last two weeks though. I am pumped for Austin as host just to see how he interacts with the Bret/Vince feud since it's two of his biggest rivals ever.

The show was light was wrestling, but completely heavy on Wrestlemania buildup and this is even a better build than last year. Batista/Cena had a great duel promo (Batista easily cut his best promo ever and the kissing babies and fat girls line was incredible) and they have a feud that's simple and to the point and had some great quasi shoot comments. Their feud doesn't need any home invasion angles or car crash angles, just one wrestler jealous of another. That promo actually made more excited for Cena/Batista then Bret/Vince. They kind of botched the Bret/Vince stuff in a way with it getting repetive (Three times Bret went in to give a farewell address only to get humiliated) and the goofy car stuff, but Bret's been delivering good promos. Vince has brought his A-Game promowise and is cutting his best promos in years and is constantly cracking me up. But wow, does Bret have to look like a chump every week. I guess it's all buildup for Vince finally getting his at Wrestlemania. I wish they would've had Vince with the contract for the match and he signs it knowing Bret is "injured" only for Bret to reveal that the car crash was a setup and he's not injured. Maybe, he can do that during the match. The Shawn/Taker hype videos continue to rule with them using Johnny Cash this week. I love that Hunter's kind of an afterthought this year and will be in the fourth or fifth most important match of the show. Mania card seems locked at this point with:

Batista/Cena, HBK/Taker, Bret/Vince, Edge/Jericho, Punk/Rey, Hunter/Sheamus, Orton/Legacy, Money In The Bank, A tag title match (ShowMiz told Teddy to find them some opponents for Mania), and probably something with the divas. Outside of divas and Hunter/Sheamus (Although they could surprise), the show seems potentially awesome.

I haven't seen enough Mad Dog Vachon to judge him as a wrestler, but he was one of the biggest AWA stars and it's another step in trying to make the WWE Hall of Fame a Wrestling Hall Of Fame.

The weirdest wrestlers becoming BFF story I've read since Juventud Guerrera and Bob Orton Jr. being great friends and traveling together back when they were both in the WWE in 05 is that according to the Wrestling Observer, Hornswaggle and Bret Hart are now great friends and hang out all the time.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 03-01-2010 at 11:24 PM..
Old 03-02-2010, 10:28 AM
...so they're paying Lucky Charms for the use of their cereal, right? I've been thinking about that for awhile now. They would have to (even with Hornswaggle's face covering Lucky's on the box) or they wouldn't be able to use that stuff legally.

Yeah. Stupid. It was nice to see them together again but I had no interest in them rolling out the crappy dialogue. Won't get started.

Wrestling: it was very "setting up for Wrestlemania" which they do every year, but Vince v.s. Cena next week?

Seriously?

A ten minute match at 10:50PM I'm assuming, a run in with Batista, Brett Hart hobbles out and the match with those two in the corners of these guys at Wrestlemania is set, right?

...Orton.
Tweener.
Wronged heel.
Rhodes and DiBiase.
Disgruntled employees / faces for finally standing up?
The crowd doesn't seem to think so.
He's the Viper, he's the heel.
Wha?

Sheamus attacking his workout partner HHH. A feud brewing between these two is a nice change of pace BUT will they do anything interesting with it?

I've never seen Mad Dog in action but watched his daughter Luna who was supposed to be the living embodiment of her dad. And if so, holy crap. That broad was nuts.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRazor View Post

Wrestling: it was very "setting up for Wrestlemania" which they do every year, but Vince v.s. Cena next week?

Seriously?

A ten minute match at 10:50PM I'm assuming, a run in with Batista, Brett Hart hobbles out and the match with those two in the corners of these guys at Wrestlemania is set, right?
They already set up Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon in a singles match. Like I said, I hope Bret hobbles out and Vince is all cocky and confident and then once the bell rings Bret reveals he's faking and Bret destroys Vince in less than five minutes. It's the only way to do the match and it would be fufilling after all the crap Bret's been through. It does seem that having Bret look like a chump every week will make sense in the long run as this is definately ending with Vince in the Sharpshooter and I'm sure they will make a great video package for the feud. They can't blow their load and have Bret snap and do a beatdown on Vince this early.

Weirdly enough, they did a Cena/Vince match right before Wrestlemania 22 so I imagine this will end up the same thing with with a big schmoz to end the show and everyone brawling.

I think they wanted to turn Dibiase face, but if the Marine 2 is any indication, he would make a terrible face. The whole thing would end up like Orton's face turn from 2004 where he would have to be turned back in six months. Besides the crowd has been hugely into Orton for a long time now so it only makes sense to turn him face yet have him act exactly the same except towards bad guys. I don't want to see Orton kissing babies and hugging fat girls, I want to see him whooping ass.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 03-02-2010 at 11:51 AM..
Old 03-02-2010, 04:46 PM
When is Austin hosting? Cause I'll actually watch that.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson13 View Post
When is Austin hosting? Cause I'll actually watch that.
March 15th
Old 03-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Isn't that supposed to conclude the guest hosting?
Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:

Seriously?

Probably start it at 11 lots of back and forth banter vince tries to kick cena..cena picks him up AA on vince..brotista hits ring beats down cena, AA on brotista..end show on high note..book it!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMarcey View Post
Isn't that supposed to conclude the guest hosting?
Yep

Also, next week starts the new Monday Night "Wars" where Hulk Hogan who can't even do his legdrop teams with Abyss A.K.A. Evad Sullivan 2010 to face Ric Flair who's now completely pissing on his retirement match from Mania 24 since this is his first match on American soil since then and AJ Styles.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:24 AM
I'm gonna keep an eye on NXT only for Danielson. The first show was okay, but like all WWE shows, the matches are too damned short.

The rest of the WWE programming... tu-hell with it. Far, far too many guys that just don't deserve a push that not only get pushed, but have titles... Cena, Batista the big 2. Plus all the yack yack, skit based bullshit that was old and boring back in 98... guh! I tried to come back when Punk made the main roster, but they way the treat/push him... fuck'm. He's nothing but a bitch. His title runs have been weak, and... to hell with Vince and his "entertainers". I'll stick with ROH thanks.

As for TNA... HAHAHAHA!!!! Joke... total joke. At this point, it's nothing but WCW circa 2000. Too many washed up has beens in front and behind the camera. Just waiting for it to fail. Shame, cause there's SO much talent on their roster, but like WCW (and WWE), they just push the already established guys, cause I guess building new talent is too much actual work.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Darko View Post
I tried to come back when Punk made the main roster, but they way the treat/push him... fuck'm. He's nothing but a bitch. His title runs have been weak
the way they treat/push him? What are you watching? He won the ECW Championship, has won the Money In The Bank match TWICE in a row, is a 4 time straight-edge world champion..oh yea they sure push/treat him And he's not a bitch btw, hes the most consistent worker in the company. Always spot on in his promos, has really almost never had a bad match in the WWE.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:20 AM
The second episode of NXT was good. Daniel Bryan is leaps ahead of everyone else. Although, it seems like they are trying to bury him with these losses, but he will probably make a comeback later on as the hero. Otunga did not look that good to me as he did last week. Gabriel looked good. Sheffield was good with Regal, but I don't see him getting far.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:45 AM
Banzai explained it quite well, but the Punk is getting berried stuff is the silliest shit ever. Plus, the guy dominated the first part of The Royal Rumble and got constant mic skills during that. He gets a ten minute segment every week on Smackdown to showcase his mic skills. Shit, the segment before the Rumble where the Straight Edge Society beat down Triple H and almost cut his hair was the few times I remember Hunter looking weak in the past few years. I bet guys like Jimmy Wang Yang and Primo would kill for a chance to look like a star like that.

I get no sense that they are burying Daniel Bryan. He looked great during his first match in the WWE against the world champion and only lost last night because of his rib injury. The myth that taking a loss means you are getting buried annoys me. Jim Neidhart getting humiliated by DX the week after the Montreal Screwjob and getting WCW spraypainted on his back was a burial. The Spirit Squad getting beat up by DX and shoved in a box that says Back to OVW was getting buried. Daniel Bryan losing due to slipping off the ropes because of his hurt ribs was just losing a match.

NXT week 2 was decent, but not as good as last week. The Darren Young/David Ortiz match was pretty bad and the tag kind of dragged. Skip Sheffield was the star of this episode. That promo video for him was so damn goofy and his chemistry with Regal was great. They need to have a meeting with him and Zack Ryder so woo woo woo and yip yip yip can collide. Justin Gabriel looked decent and his 450 splash was pretty good. The entrance gear has got to go though, that looked terrible. Wade Barrett is pretty bad ass. He looks like he has the potential to be a star and the rose mixed in with his robe gives him a gentleman badass vibe. He needs to tag with Regal. Otunga still isn't bad and his line about his versace tights was great. He's really green in the ring right now and definately needs more seasoning before going to the main shows. Darren Young is also really green but the love child of John Cena and Saba Simba just cracks me up. Guy is so goofy looking and him heeling it up yet still playing an oblivious babyface was great. His interactions with Punk has been the highlight of the shows.

The only one so far that has shown me nothing is Heath Slater and he will probably be the first guy cut or whatever they are doing. He's such a douchebag and not in the hilarious Batista way, but in the get this ugly uncharismatic guy off my TV X-Pac circa 2000/2001 or Justin Credible type of way.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Frank, buried is not what I meant. I have a feeling they are doing this buried storyline, and in the end he will become a hero. It has been done before. I like where they are taking the storyline.

The Miz is great in this role of his mentor. I can see The Miz in the main event role after this is over. He has really gotten over well as a heel.

I can see Daniel Bryan being a big part of the semi main event scene. I don't see him being a world champion, but you never know.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:51 PM
The Raw guest host deal got extended for at least a week as March 22nd's guest host is

Spoiler:
Pete Rose who at least will probably be attacked by Kane again to play off the twelve year story.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:03 PM
RIP Angelo Poffo

Wrestling legend Angelo Poffo, the father of Randy Savage and Lanny "The Genius" Poffo, died this morning at age 84.
A message on Lanny Poffo's official website reads, "It is with heavy heart we announce the loss of wrestling legend Angelo Poffo who passed away peacefully in his sleep this morning age 84."

Lanny Poffo posted a poem he wrote about his father, which you can read at LannyPoffo.com.

Our condolences to the family and friends of the late Angelo Poffo

link: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...ge/index.shtml

McMahon's differences of Randy Savage aside, I hope the WWE acknowledges the passing.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:16 PM
All I know about Angelo Poffo is when he appeared at WCW Slamboree 95 to be inducted in their Hall Of Fame and Ric Flair and Arn Anderson beat him up which led up to a solid Flair/Macho match at the Great American Bash.

Still, he lived a long and full life and in some ways I'm glad it's not another wrestler passing in their late 30's/early 40's.

RIP Angelo Poffo

They might acknowledge the passing because it wasn't drug related like Umaga or Test's passings. They still haven't mentioned either of those two's passing due to them trying to avoid any mention of steroids/drugs and wrestlers together. On the other hand, I don't think Poffo ever wrestled for the WWE and honestly he was most famous for being Macho Man's dad as the only reason he got in the WCW Hall Of Fame was due to Macho demanding it, so he might not get a mention.

Also, the guest host concept is definately going forward through the Summer. The cast of Hot Tub Time Machine is hosting on the 29th (Although knowing the WWE it'll probably just be Clark Duke and Rob Cordry and not John Cusack, Chevy Chase, or Craig Robinson). I read that Crispin Glover is in that as well. He would be the best Raw guest host ever and they could make Raw as surreal as hell. At least with TNA on at the same time, there's a choice to change the channel.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 03-04-2010 at 01:51 PM..
Old 03-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
The Raw guest host deal got extended for at least a week as March 22nd's guest host is

Spoiler:
Pete Rose who at least will probably be attacked by Kane again to play off the twelve year story.

Firstly, RIP Angelo Poffo.

Secondly, regarding that guest host spoiler?

Why? Motherf-ing why? Was the Slap Chop guy busy getting attacked by prostitutes to do a bit?
Seriously, call me overreactionary if you want but this can't end soon enough. It really is going to just get worse and worse before it's over.

Criss Angel.

Are you feeling me?
Old 03-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:

Why? Motherf-ing why? Was the Slap Chop guy busy getting attacked by prostitutes to do a bit?
Seriously, call me overreactionary if you want but this can't end soon enough. It really is going to just get worse and worse before it's over.

Criss Angel.

Are you feeling me?
Yeah, but at least now when the guest host segments are on you can switch to

Although, Abyss, The Nasty Boys, Team 3-D, The Band, Hogan or Rhino will probably be on the television at the same time.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:

Criss Angel.

Are you feeling me?
But but but..he'll do his greatest trick yet..make hornswoggle and the bella twins disappear
Old 03-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Yeah, but at least now when the guest host segments are on you can switch to

Although, Abyss, The Nasty Boys, Team 3-D, The Band, Hogan or Rhino will probably be on the television at the same time.
...man, what a friggin' option.
I might choose OPTION THREE: slamming my head into the closet door until they go to the commercials for this week's fast food joint or body spray.
The way TNA is nowadays, it's just that more enjoyable.