Old 07-04-2003, 05:06 PM
Quote:
I am NOT talking about that WWE abomination. I'm talking about the original. The BETTER one. Man I miss WCW
So was I... always hated NWO... always. It took the spotlight away from everyone NOT in NWO. Factions suck.

And yea... I miss WCW too. Their "upper card" was crap (see WWF right now), but their under card, and Cruiser Division was the best. I would tune in just for the Lucha's and Cruisers. See, sometimes good CAN come from talent raiding. Not to the company getting raided tho (ECW). They raided other promotions, and actually USED the talent, where as Vince just takes guys cause he CAN... dick.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:45 PM
Raw was actually good last night, they didnt give the entire time to waste on the evolution bullshit which they needed to do and RVD and Bubba actually beat the tag of Flair and Orton without outside disqualification. Which had me very pleased.

The Kane Storyline is coming along nicely and it actually has me hyped up for Kane again, its actually good to see the that the fire actually still burns and that Kanes been given a big push.

One thing for them to do now is give a push to those guys who dont ever get pushes anymore aka the bastard sons of Vince Mcmahon (Tommy Dreamer, Al Snow, Mr Ass, Bradshaw, Farooq) I think the show would be more entertaining if they gave alot more people better pushes and cooler storylines.

Last night during the Highlight Reel, it seemed to fall pretty flat on its face and it was a blown chance for Brett to come in for one last time and kick ass, what Shawn Michaels said last night was so true, it wasnt his fault Vince did that to Brett he was just doing his job and for people to move on with their lives. 9/10 for last nights raw for me.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:56 PM
I liked Raw last night and the crowd cheered a long time for Austin. Montreal was the place he returned for NO WAY OUT back in February (I was there) nice building too.

Get the feeling Earl Hebner didn't referee as well last night because he would have gotten the you screwed bret chants as well.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:52 PM
they should put goldberg in there with kane. monster vs monster. It would help goldberg become a better wrestler in there with such a great one like kane, give him his first defeat so we wont have to worry about some new streak, and it would put kane over big time.

and where the hell is jeff hardy.

JOYGASM
Old 07-08-2003, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by adamjohnson
[B
and where the hell is jeff hardy.

[/B]

They booted him out not too long ago. Others can tell ya what for but I heard that his heart wasnt in it anymore.

Tho I did read today that he may be a few months away from coming back.

I like him much more than his 'roid lovin "brother"
Old 07-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Jeff was realesed in April I think, due to a lack of passion and missed house shows, along with a drug problem. Good riddence, Matt Hardy is much better anyways since he can actually wrestle.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:29 PM
On the Jeff Hardy subject, he's working this months ROH show.

The HBK/Y2J bit was good, but kinda went poop after the first 6min. What HBK said was SO FUCKING TRUE!! Get OVER it!! Jeez. It's going on 6 years, and it seems the only people that aren't over it are the majority of Canadian fans and Bret. My personal opinion is that the whole damn thing's a work, and like they say, never let the GREATEST angle in wrestling history die. I think even Bret has himself convinced that he was screwed. Combine that with his stroke, and he probably vividly remembers being "screwed over" in Montreal... posh... he knew, HBK knew, Hebner knew, Vince knew, and that was it. What better way to leave the company than to be "screwed", and take that "poor disgruntled employee" character over to WCW (which he did... and NEVER dropped it). It also catapulted Vince into the #1 heel roll. HBK became a true premadonna, and everyone lived happily ever after... BUT, WCW screwed up every shot they had with Bret, and instead of blaming himself and WCW, he just blames Vince, then when Owen died, he kinda snapped, and has been a big whiny bitch ever since. WHEW, now THAT was an unnessessarily long sentence!!

As for the whole show... With the exception of the Womens match, and getting to see Gail Kim, it was just like every other RAW.... BOOOOOORING.... BOOOOOORING.... BOOOOOORING!!!
Old 07-08-2003, 06:09 PM
I just read that one of the matches for Smackdown tonight is Eddie Guererro vs Ultimo Dragon! *marks the FUCK out* If they let these guys wrestle like they can this is an easy **** star match. Smackdown absolutely owns Raw.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:43 PM
Yea, I read that too... hope it happens... no spoilers yet. That match will fucking OWN the show... no doubt. I'm just wondering if it was just a match, or part of the US tournament. I'm hoping the US tourny, cause seeing Eddy vs Benoit at the PPV for the title... DAMN!!! MOTY potential for sure!

<edit>UPDATE

Well... as I suspected, Eddy vs Ultimo was a US tournament match (but apparently short... booo).

The brackets for the US tourny are...

Eddy vs Gunn
Benoit vs Matt

Okay... am I the only one that thinks Benoit vs Eddy WILL be MOTY? (provided it happens AND it gets at least 20min). SOOO tempted to get the PPV... but I doubt I will.

Last edited by Donnie_Darko; 07-09-2003 at 12:22 AM..
Old 07-09-2003, 01:39 AM
Well I read last week that the original plan was to put the belt on Benoit but because Vince McMahon is so big on Billy Gunn that plans have changed and it looks like Gunn will get it.

Ugh I mean how many failed Billy Gunn pushes does it take to make WWE realize the dude just flat out sucks? If Gunn is slated to win I guarantee the final will be Billy Gunn vs Matt Hardy and Gunn will have gone over 2 amazingly more deserving stars than himself and #1,145 wasted oppurtunity with Benoit. Vince McMahon is a moron.

********SMACKDOWN SPOILERS*******

Also 2 new matches got added to the Vengeance card as of angles from Smackdown tonight:

Vince McMahon vs Zack Gowen
Stephanie McMahon vs Sable

*******END SPOILERS********

And no I seriously did not that make that up. And they wonder why this promotion is in the shitter? Oh yeah I forgot it was the war that caused them to have low ratings not shitty angles,bad writing and pushing the wrong people..............

Last edited by Mikey2Dope; 07-09-2003 at 05:13 AM..
Old 07-09-2003, 08:17 AM
The only thing good about the Steph Vs Sable match is maybe theyll rip each others clothes off or something because thats the only thing thatll keep me from using that match as a bathroom break. The Z Vs. Mcmahon match should be exciting but I hope the one legged act doesnt wear off.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:21 PM
Yea... the PPV had high hopes until those matches were added. Jeez... I mean... jeez. To have Zach, and kid who's only been wrestling for just over a year, wrestle Vince, an old ego-fuck who can only bump and blade... yea... buyrate!!! WHOOHOO!!!

Then you've got Steph vs Leatherface... EWWW!!! Two NON WRESTLERS taking up fucking PPV time (and they'll probably get more than the CW title match that'll most likely be added). Steph is still hot, but Leatherface... GOD that is ONE UGLY "WOMAN"!! I was considering getting the PPV, but not now... no WAY in hell am I gonna give that dick money, just to see a fucking show who's card is littered with McMahons... nope, ain't gonna happen.

And it's true, they'll stick the US strap on Gunn cause Vince does have a hardon for him (hey, where did you think he got the nickname "Mr Ass" in the first place?). Waste of a title, waste of talent (Benoit/Eddy/Hardy)... I hope there's a fucking revolt backstage and people start threatening walkouts... I know I sure as shit would.

"What? I don't get PPV time, but fucking Steph is in a match with Sable? Fuck this..." runs down the hall toward Vince... "Hey, Vince! Yea, uhm, fuck you, I quit. Watch TNA on Wednesday night, and you'll see that I actually AM a wrestler, and not your bitch... and by the way, I've got Benoit, Eddy, Spanky, Rey, Angle and Lesner on my side"

Vince either wants a wrestling promotion, or a fucking platform to show off his "power". He's gotta decide which. One week you'll get some great matches, and the next, you'll get one maybe two good matches, but are so fucking short, cause heaven for bid, a McMahon segment go under 20 fucking minutes!!

And people in the WWF wonder why buyrates are down, and TV ratings are stagnated.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:09 PM
Yeah, they need to get rid of those two McMahon matches and fill up the card with more cruiserweight action and giving younger guys a push. Smackdown has a lot of the young guys(and while everyone on Smackdown besides Eddie Gurrero and Big Show seem to be heels) more feuds should have started by now to have the pay off at the PPV.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason
Yeah, they need to get rid of those two McMahon matches and fill up the card with more cruiserweight action and giving younger guys a push. Smackdown has a lot of the young guys(and while everyone on Smackdown besides Eddie Gurrero and Big Show seem to be heels) more feuds should have started by now to have the pay off at the PPV.
Thats my look on the PPV as well. I had thought with WWE splitting the PPV's between the two shows would lead to more build up to some great matches.

I honestly did not expect them to push Angle/Lesnar again so soon after WM, so the addition of Big Show to that match is no real surprise.

What the hell happened to the building fued between Benoit and Rhyno? I hope there is a payoff at the PPV on this, as I think those two could have some really great matches together. Alot of intensity!

Cena/Taker seems to have been picked out of thin air, and the US title tourney was really poorly handled. I mean thay only announced the brackets this week! It should have been a 16 man tournament, with the finals at the PPV. Some of the strong midcard players should have been involved in this, like A-Train, Spanky, Jamie Knoble etc. It would have seemed more professional than the way they handled it.

Steph/Sable - Pure fluff-filler match. No one cares, least of all me

Zack Gowan/Mr. McMahon - I'll post my thought on this later,as I have to choose my words carefully,as to not offend

Later
Old 07-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Quiver
What the hell happened to the building fued between Benoit and Rhyno? I hope there is a payoff at the PPV on this, as I think those two could have some really great matches together. Alot of intensity!

Later
It appeared the way it was handled that benoit was going to be the heel which the WWE was against I think they would have preferred Rhyno as a heel instead.

As far as the PPV goes I'll wait until tomorrow to post my thoughts on it.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Damn! Nice chokeslam!! Still would have like dot see the F5 from up there but whatever.

Someone PLEASE post a pic of that shit.

By the way, does anyone else think the us title looks really gay, i mean supremely?
Old 07-10-2003, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by adamjohnson
By the way, does anyone else think the us title looks really gay, i mean supremely?

Yeah man, that leather belt with metal attached to it looks so homosexual. I think you meant to say 'stupid', correct? An inanimate object, with no sexual organs or a brain, can be gay. Dont people realize this??
Old 07-10-2003, 10:35 PM
no, but you know know what i meant. It has the flag pasted behind the nameplates on the center. WTF?
Old 07-11-2003, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Yeah man, that leather belt with metal attached to it looks so homosexual. I think you meant to say 'stupid', correct? An inanimate object, with no sexual organs or a brain, can be gay. Dont people realize this??
"Gay Patrol Alert!!"

I use the term "Gay" a lot too, and have the "Gay Patrol" get all bent out of shape... think of it like this...

Gay as in...

Queer
Pronunciation: 'kwir
Function: adjective
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1508
2 a : differing in some odd way from what is usual or normal
as in...

Odd
Pronunciation: 'äd
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English odde, from Old Norse oddi point of land, triangle, odd number; akin to Old English ord point of a weapon
Date: 14th century
6 : differing markedly from the usual or ordinary or accepted : PECULIAR

So as you can see, the term "Gay" doesn't nessessarily mean "homosexual"... as much as "Gay" people would like to control the word, just ain't gonna happen.

ANYWAY...

On to the belt... I don't mind it. It's the "United States" title, and it's got the US flag on it... what's so wrong with that?

One thing that got me PISSED OFF tonight (and no, it didn't make me "piss" the bug repellant "Off"... it made me mad) was the Eddy/Ultimo match. Good match, but JEEEZ... from Eddy's intro, until the start of the match was just over 5min... the match itself... 3min22sec!!! FUCK!!!! (and no, not to fornicate)

It has... does... and always will piss me off, when fucking intros/promos get WAY more straight (yea... STRAIGHT) airtime than matches. Vince = Asswad
Old 07-11-2003, 10:04 AM
The thing that bothered me about the Eddie/Ultimo match was that Ultimo was brought in with alot of fanfare 2 weeks ago. He was not on the show last week, and now this week that have him lose his second match. This is not intended as a shot against Eddie, because I think he is one of the top 5 preformers on the show, but why have Ultimo job out so quickly, and in such a bad way? There were any number of people they could have put in the ring against Eddie for this matchup, and they could have put Ultimo in another match (prefferably a fast paced crusierweight matchup)

Vince is losing his mind. And on that note here's my two cents on the whole Zack Gowan angle. Vince does not care that this kid has been through alot in his life. Vince does not care that he is a phenomenal athelete. Vince is using Zack for ratings and publicity. I would not be surprised if Vince has Zack win the WWE championship within a few months, just to get his name int he press again. I have nothing against Zack, and I applaud him for his efforts, determination and guts. But honestly, if he had both his legs, he would never have gotten a contract.

I hope I didnt offend anyone, but this brief rant was against Vince, not Zack. Maybe once I see him in a few more matches, I will find I am wrong, and he truly is a superior athelete, andmaybe that is why Vince hired him...but knowing how Vince thinks, I doubt it.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:12 AM
WWE has a history of hyping up a wrestler and then an immediate back off....RVD and Tazz are recent examples. and in the case of RVD...he came in with so much fan support that he could have been an instant top level performer...but nope...he isnt big enough (size wise) for Vince so he doesnt get a big push.

and they even edited out RVD chants for some lame reason.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:31 AM
Hey guys, I was just wondering (and going completely off topic at the same time), how many people would be interested in an entire forum dedicated to WWE/Professional Wrestling? I was thinking of asking JoBlo if he would be willing to add a forum to the TV Forums regarding this. There are just so many topics that could be discussed in a forum like that, and one thread just does not do it justice.

Would anyone else like to see a forum for WWE? Please respond, and if enough are interested I'll make a formal request to JoBlo.

Thanks for your time and support
Quiver
Old 07-11-2003, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Hey guys, I was just wondering (and going completely off topic at the same time), how many people would be interested in an entire forum dedicated to WWE/Professional Wrestling? I was thinking of asking JoBlo if he would be willing to add a forum to the TV Forums regarding this. There are just so many topics that could be discussed in a forum like that, and one thread just does not do it justice.

Would anyone else like to see a forum for WWE? Please respond, and if enough are interested I'll make a formal request to JoBlo.

Quiver
I'm up for a WWE forum because you are right there are two many things to discuss RAW, smackdown, PPVs etc.

There is a Rumour that The Rock might make another special appearence he is filming a movie in Vancouver BC and RAW comes to Vancouver on August 4th.

Now my opinion on the shape of Vengance. The matches I am interested in is the triple threat match and if they put Benoit vs Guerrero in the US championship match at Vengance them I'd be interested.

Plus this Zack Gowan kid looks very good in the ring on 1 leg hell I can't even balence myself like that.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:52 PM
The WWE just signed Paul London, for those who don't know Paul works for ROH and NWATNA and is one of the best talents on the independent circuit. He could be a star, if they don't job him to A Train right away. They also signed Daphnie from WCW, who should also be great for business and a good rival to Victoria.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:03 PM

DAYAMNNNN
Old 07-12-2003, 04:47 AM
Yea... Vince raping the Indie scene yet again. Okay, the money is not THAT bad in the indies (especially if you have a name for yourself), but it's either a "dream" or the money is REALLY good (which I doubt). I just don't know why Paul would sign... I really don't. He's NOT gonna get a push, or EVER be allowed to wrestle a good, solid 15-20min match EVER again. Doesn't he see what they did to Spanky? Spanky is nothing but a jobber/toe-rag in the WWF, and that's all Paul will be. Paul is an incredible worker, and... well, I think he's making a mistake (and so did Spanky). He's gonna get dumped down to OVW to "unlearn" everything he's learned, so he can dumb down to the WWF style.

In the indies you work... maybe 10 shows/month... TOPS, and if you're a recognized name, you'd most likely get up to $500/show, maybe more. In the WWF, you work 5 days/week, and probably get and upside of $1000/week. Yea, the money's better, but then you're also working 10x the shows, and travel (YOU have to pay accomodations)... meh, not worth it in my eyes.

Money, exposure, whatever... I have a feeling he'll regret it, just like Spanky probably already is.

Hope Paul gets treated right, and they use him better than they use EVERY other cruiser... but I ain't holding my breath.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Sadly, I read that London has to go to OVW first so they can dumb down his style.
Old 07-13-2003, 01:07 AM
Im watching Smackdown right now, for the first time in god knows how long. (Smackdown comes on at midnight on our local ABC affiliate here) Anyways, when I turned it on, the Basham Bros. were in the ring and I said "Who are these fucking guys?" Needless to say they didnt do anything to impress me so i dont give a shit. But also during that match, the APA was involved, and I see some short haired blonde dude with a babyface and I say "who the fuck is this? wheres bradshaw" then i realize "it is bradshaw!" What the hell did he do to himself? He looks like a boyish pussy now!

Im totally back in love with Stephanie though, shes so hot. I enjoyed seeing the replay of the Gowen/Steph vs. Show match last week. That kids pretty damn impressive. Also, nice tackle by Steph into Sable back in the locker room, that was an excellent take down. Right now its Moore/Hardy vs. Beniot/Rhyno, not to much into this match though. Waiting for Big Shows chokeslam on Brock though. Thats the whole reason im watching. Last Smackdown thing I saw was when I taped the show where the ring collapsed, but I fast forwarded through the whole show to get to that spot.

I still like RAW more though. Maybe its just because I watch it more and im not used to whos on smackdown and what goes on there with vince and steph running it.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jackson13
Im watching Smackdown right now, for the first time in god knows how long. (Smackdown comes on at midnight on our local ABC affiliate here) Anyways, when I turned it on, the Basham Bros. were in the ring and I said "Who are these fucking guys?" Needless to say they didnt do anything to impress me so i dont give a shit. But also during that match, the APA was involved, and I see some short haired blonde dude with a babyface and I say "who the fuck is this? wheres bradshaw" then i realize "it is bradshaw!" What the hell did he do to himself? He looks like a boyish pussy now!

Im totally back in love with Stephanie though, shes so hot. I enjoyed seeing the replay of the Gowen/Steph vs. Show match last week. That kids pretty damn impressive. Also, nice tackle by Steph into Sable back in the locker room, that was an excellent take down. Right now its Moore/Hardy vs. Beniot/Rhyno, not to much into this match though. Waiting for Big Shows chokeslam on Brock though. Thats the whole reason im watching. Last Smackdown thing I saw was when I taped the show where the ring collapsed, but I fast forwarded through the whole show to get to that spot.

I still like RAW more though. Maybe its just because I watch it more and im not used to whos on smackdown and what goes on there with vince and steph running it.

Its the latest craze in professional wrestling cutting their hair short but unfortunately poor Bradshaw has went waayyyy overboard. Stephs really hot and shes getting a little meat on her which I like very very much, it beats the pre-implant stephanie where she was really really skinny. And have you seen Gale Kim, man what a fox.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Quote:

Quiver
Count me in, even though the WWE is doing a lot of stuff I don't like, I think it would be better to have it's own seperate section.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:34 PM
I too, agree that wrestling should have its own seperate forum... but not just for the WWE, but for wrestling in general... Including NWA/TNA, Indy's, Past Promotions, History, Etc. That'd be very kool..
Old 07-14-2003, 11:31 PM
What kind of stupid fucking retarded piece of shit suck-ass show was that tonight? Wrestlers signing a petition to get Steve fired, La Resistance singing, Dudley Boyz Singing, every match sucked, Kane setting an obvious dummy on fire, Stone Cold getting fired next week......the shit list from tonight has to be the worst ever. I am appalled at how horrible the show was tonight. I consider it an embarassment to this state that the show resonated out of Indy, which is only an hour and a half from me.

WWE is getting extremely pathetic. I've bout had enough, honestly.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:46 AM
I'm going to agree with the last poster here... tonight's show was a crock of shit, top to bottom.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:08 AM
problems with last nights raw.

1. The whole Mid Carders signing the petition (Rico, The Frenchies, Jackie,Victoria and Steven Richards) who do these guys think they are I mean the only two people I seen back there who actually are good are Dreamer and Storm but they dont do shit anymore most of those people were just handed a contract with little wrestling ability.

2. Bishoff sent JR to interview Kane even when he experienced first hand Kanes instability also I thought the catching dummy JR on fire was a bit over the top, Maybe JR will come back masked. I hope Bishoff gets fired.

3. Are you fucking kidding me, whats with everyone doing skits? I mean you have dudleys singing, The Frenchies singing, Jerrichos highlight reel, the backstage antics of Kane, and the bullshit Lance Storm does now. WTF!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:32 AM
Quote:

I have had enough of RAW, and since I don't get Smackdown where I live, the only things I watch are Velocity and Confidential, and I hardly watch those.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:38 AM
I swear...I never laughed so hard in my life as when JR got set on fire. It was the most idiotic thing I have seen in a long time (except maybe for the whole Katie Vick deal)

Maybe the whole thing was set up to promote JR's barbeque sauce! (the BBQ sauce is really excellent by the way)

One thing I did like about the interview with Kane is tha at least they addressed the issue of why Kane (who was supposedly burned to a crisp as a kid) does'nt look , well, burned or even scarred. I thought that was a nice plot turn

Other than that, I liked some of the Evolution match, and the rest of the show was pretty much filler

BTW, for those who showed interest in a WWE/wrestling thread, I already put in a request to JoBlo about the idea, and he politely denied the request, since these forums are more for movies than "sports Entertainment". He was extremely polite about it, and I will respect his decision. However, I may inquire about this at a later date (maybe in a few months), as things can get a bit confusing in this thread, especially if you dont read alot of the previous posts on a regular basis.

"Burn, Baby, Burn!"
Old 07-15-2003, 12:11 PM
Appearently a fan got hurt last night after RAW went off the air Austin kicked and stunned Bischoff. When Bischoff was kicked his mic went flying in the air and hit a fan in the head. No word on how badly the fan was hurt.

Remind me to watch myself if I ever get a front row seat to a Wrestling even in the future.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Here,here. I hardly watch it as my much as I used too and only caught about an hour of it last night and it was just painful. Boring matches,stupid storylines,annoying announcers the list just goes on and on. The Nash/Steiner/Trish vs Richards/Test/Victoria match was one of the slowest and boring matches I have seen on some time in Raw. It pains me that actual talent like Stevie Richards and Trish have to get stuck working with suck god awful wrestlers like Nash,Steiner and Test. The La Resistance stuff was just dumb and The Coach and The King are the worst announcing due the WWE has. They're both so super annoying and I hope they bring in Jesse Ventura one day so you have an actual heel announcer in the booth.

Luckily I missed the wrestlecrap moment of JR getting lit on fire. The WWE has to stop with this sad attempt at "Shock TV" bullshit. And man do I wish Rico would get used better. If anyone has seen some of his Indy matches they know what I mean. Even as a rookie he was carrying people to good matches and showed unbelievable wrestling talent for an up and comer. Way to use talent Vince. Considering I used to be the most hardcore fan I think it's pretty hilarious that I missed the last hour of Raw to go to the casino with my friends and didn't even bother taping it. Sums up for me at least how bad Raw and WWE in general has gotten.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikey2Dope
And man do I wish Rico would get used better. If anyone has seen some of his Indy matches they know what I mean.
yeah I know, he was on that old show American gladiators last week, I was quite shocked when I realized this Rico is the same guy who wears makeup every week.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:22 PM
I really wish the WWE would go back to what it once was in the mid to late 90's...

A good, entertaining wrestling show...