Old 07-16-2003, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikey2Dope
It pains me that actual talent like Stevie Richards and Trish have to get stuck working with suck god awful wrestlers like Nash,Steiner and Test.

Steiner is a decent wrestler, but the WWE hasn't handled him right since they put him on RAW. I'm a fan of Nash too, but they don't know what to do with him either. Test was just really starting to come around with Stacy as his manager but they kicked that out from under him. The WWE is loaded with talent, but they just don't use them the right way.

They're both so super annoying and I hope they bring in Jesse Ventura one day so you have an actual heel announcer in the booth.

I remember back when announcers were exciting. They called the matches so well that you could turn away from the tv and still know what was going on in the ring.

Luckily I missed the wrestlecrap moment of JR getting lit on fire. The WWE has to stop with this sad attempt at "Shock TV" bullshit.
And I thought Vince McMahon said "Shock TV" was dead? I wish it was. Whether they realize it or not, fans are getting more and more sick of this crap week after week.

Since I don't get Smackdown, I can't say much about that show, but RAW desperately needs some big changes. Since WCW is gone, lack of competition has made them lazy, and now it's showing more than ever.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by NuclearMisfit
yeah I know, he was on that old show American gladiators last week, I was quite shocked when I realized this Rico is the same guy who wears makeup every week.
holy shit i saw it too! someone should show that on RAW just to piss off RIco, start a grduge. ...
Old 07-18-2003, 11:36 AM
Smackdown was good tonight. The main event was good and the Benoit/Hardy match was great. The food fight was hillairious also.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:10 PM
I mised the show last night. had to house sit for my inlaws, and they dont have a satellite dish!

From the recap I read of the show, there was'nt too much going on last night, other than the Semi-finals for the US title. Any more memorable moments?
Old 07-18-2003, 03:07 PM
I didn't think anything else memorable did happen. Although I FINALLY got to see Zach Gown fight (I missed the past few weeks of Smackdown so I didn't get to see how he wrestled). It's pretty......weird
Old 07-18-2003, 03:24 PM

I've seen Zach Gowen wrestle when they aired some Smackdown stuff on Velocity, I think he is very talented, and I have to give the WWE props for sigining him.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:48 PM
It seems like they are building a feud between Billy Gunn and Jamie Noble for the pay per view. I think that that match will be added but other than that, the card seems to be made.

Brock Lesnar(wwe champ) VS Kurt Angle VS Big Show

Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman VS The World's Greatest Tag Team(tag champs)

Eddie Gurrero VS Chris Benoit U.S. Title Finals

Zach Gowen VS Vince McMahon

Stephanie McMahon VS Sable

APA Annual Bar Fight

The Undertaker VS John Cena

Besides the APA Annual Bar Fight and the two McMahon matches, the card seems to be looking pretty good so far. I think it will be better than the RAW only ppv, last month. Anyone agree?
Old 07-19-2003, 03:10 AM
Yeah this payperview does look good just for the match between Guerrerro and Benoit for the U.S. title
Old 07-19-2003, 09:39 PM
Forgive me... but I'm still kinda wondering how the Dudley's can be pushed as a serious tag team against the horrid gimmick of "LA RESISTANCE" when they all got they're asses whooped like simple bitches in the elimination matchup against Evolution?

Hello?

Flair?

Orton?

We know we're not allowed to job HHH, but let's at least not see this one go down like that...
Old 07-20-2003, 12:58 AM
i know it just seemed wrong to have a six man elim and not have a SINLGE person eliminated on the other side. I kept waitin and waiting for spike a dvon to run and get the tables, and help bubba even up the score a little. It was just sad.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:19 AM
I could have seen Flair eliminated (logic alone would have put himout first), but I'm guessing the whole match was being used to push Orton more, as he was technically the one who eliminated all of the Dudleys.

If they really want to push Orton, I'd set him up against Booker T in a series of matches for the IC title.

Personally, I cant wait for Batista to return so thay can set Orton and him up as a great tag team. That's just my opinion tho
Old 07-21-2003, 11:24 AM
You know what I'd wish would happen: someone pleeeeease tell Triple H to quit trying to make himself into one of the greatest wrestlers ever and drop the title already! I am getting so sick of having Triple H use his political power backstage to keep that title to himself. It's gotten to the point where it's beyond boring. No wonder Smackdown! has the better ratings. Triple H has gotten way too much control in the locker room and it shows. Geez, all that talent and the egos get in the way.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheAxeGrinder
You know what I'd wish would happen: someone pleeeeease tell Triple H to quit trying to make himself into one of the greatest wrestlers ever and drop the title already! I am getting so sick of having Triple H use his political power backstage to keep that title to himself. It's gotten to the point where it's beyond boring. No wonder Smackdown! has the better ratings. Triple H has gotten way too much control in the locker room and it shows. Geez, all that talent and the egos get in the way.
There is anexcellent xhance of that happening at Summerslam although it might not be Goldberg but they could be pushing Kane up there but we will have to wait.

I've heard a lot of rumors about an WCW invasion coming back and here is a link from Ticketmaster about a WCW event on January 1st 2004 at Cicic Centre in Columbus so take it for what it's worthhttp://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E0036F1A59678DD?brand=&artistid=841273&majorcatid =10004&minorcatid=27
Old 07-21-2003, 12:33 PM
there was a raw house show here last night,nothing of note apparently happened. i couldn't go but i read a report and guess what

TRIPLE H PINNED GOLDBERG
he has officially, cleanly demolished the entire roster.
who can stop the juggernaut that is hhh.
he's had the damn belt since december(september if you dont count the loss to hbk)
Old 07-21-2003, 05:30 PM
The only way Triple H will lose his belt is if he injures himself and has to retire otherwise that belt isn't going anywhere.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 07-21-2003 at 05:34 PM..
Old 07-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sharkstank

he has officially, cleanly demolished the entire roster.
who can stop the juggernaut that is hhh.
he's had the damn belt since december (september if you dont count the loss to hbk)
Besides the fact that the title was literally handed to him on tv. And every top face has lost to him since.

You know, they keep denying that HHH's relationship with the boss's daughter (Stephanie) has nothing to do with booking. If that's true then why do they booking it to look like it has?
Old 07-21-2003, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
The only way Triple H will lose his belt is if he injures himself and has to retire otherwise that belt isn't going anywhere.
I highly doubt that it would come to that. Whenever Vince gets his balls back from having them ripped off by Hogan, he should take back control of the booking from Triple H and get that mess sorted out, because as far as I'm concerned, it's been the same damn show since December, and who the hell wants to see Triple H with the belt more than he has already? Certainly not me. Damn, where's The Rock when you need him? I'd prefer him to have the belt than Triple H. Screw the movies Rock and come back home.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:45 PM
Rumor has it, and I stress 'rumor', that since they are in HOLLYWOOD tonight, the Rock might stop by. Who knows? Even if he does, nothing major would happen, because hes making a movie so he couldnt have an on screen role for awhile.

I read another rumor that they are trying to phase J.R. out of the announcing role, and replace him with 'Coach'. Please god say it aint so, I love J.R., they way he and King banter back & forth and the way J.R. always overreacts and blows everything out of proportion. imo, Coach sucks as an announcer.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:52 PM
For old school wrestling fans The Ultimate Warrior is on C-SPAN 2 right now.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Oh shit it just ended as soon as I started watching.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:07 AM
i read a raw review at 411wrestling's site, and scott keith brought up a good idea.i'll just do the ole cut n paste

I guess the best way to sum it up is to note that if you like Kane, you probably like the direction they’re going with the show, and I’ll leave it at that. The problem is that HHH has already destroyed all the top babyfaces, so there’s no one left on top for him to be programmed with. Personally I’d have Austin trade Kane to Smackdown for Chris Benoit, which gives you a top babyface on RAW for HHH to get a few PPVs out of, and a new unstoppable monster for Brock Lesnar to slay. Plus Kurt Angle has historically gotten better matches out of Kane than anyone else.

i whole heartidly agree.this is a great idea.send kane to do a monster feud w/lesnar,and benoit w/hhh.they could say that raw has had enough of him,sent him to sd,and sd sent benoit as an "even" trade. maybe i'm just saying this because i want benoit to make hhh to tap like a little bitch and take that damn belt.

btw,hbk vs y2j was a huge disappointment.i loved the wm19 match and i thought it was the best match there.this one got boring and all the run ins killed it.glad jericho won, but it took two guys,nut shot,a chair and it was 4 months late.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:24 AM
I wouldn't mind it if Benoit gets traded to Smackdown. Raw needs a face now with Kane turning heel and Booker T stuck in the midcard ranks. But I wonder if Benoit goes to Raw if he may get buried as well and he'll end up just like how he's ending up in Smackdown: feuding for the IC/US title.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:04 AM
I loved Jericho/Shawn, but it wasn't as good as Mania even though it's the best raw match this year and maybe the best tv match this year.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:59 AM
I can't believe it took them 4 months to do the rematch. But the result which should've been on WM. Why would you push a guy who doesn't wrestle every week over one that does?

The commercial break was totally stupid...right in the middle of a submission?

Kane vs RVD was OK, they'll probably try to build this up more.

Hilarious segment of the night goes to the Faces talking about Kane. Hurricane sees Rosey as a Super Hero In Training. Goldust pops by and sums it up "S. H. I. T."

Scott Keith added a few more into his rant.

I like that idea of trading Kane to Smackdown for Benoit. Angle/Kane are good matches and Kane's never faced Lesnar. Plus bringing Benoit over to Raw, we could have a GREAT Benoit/Jericho feud to lead into Benoit/Triple H. I wish he'd have a title run soon. Just like my friend says...Benoit should've stayed in WCW he's in the same spot as he's been.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
I loved Jericho/Shawn, but it wasn't as good as Mania even though it's the best raw match this year and maybe the best tv match this year.
Definately the best Raw match this year . Best TV matches though were Eddie Guererro and Tajiri vs Team Angle on 2 different occasions in May,Chris Benoit vs Matt Hardy on 2 different occasions, one which was in May and the second match taking place last Thursday,Spankv vs Xavier from Velocity which was just a GREAT match or Rey Mysterio vs Matt Hardy where Rey won the Cruiserweight Championship.

I love the Benoit/Kane trade idea. I read that last night and thought Keith had stumbled onto a great idea so long as Benoit goes over and takes the belt. If they have HHH destroy Benoit's heat I would quit watching wrestling for a long,long time.

Not too much to say about Raw so I'll say what I usually do: Pretty much sucked. Michaels/Jericho was good but could have been better,Booker T and Test STUNK and Booker T has failed to impress me as IC Champ so far and I'm still undecided if I like the new Kane yet. It would have been cool to see Kane tombstone Linda McMahon just because I hate her and her bad acting so much, but unfortunately I live in Canada so it was censored.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:10 PM
I don't remember the first Benoit/Hardy match being great or anything but the two Team Angle/EddyTajiri matches and the Mysterio/Hardy match might equalin quality as the Jericho/Shawn match.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:59 AM
Is it just me, or does The Booker Man need an actual finishing move? Sure, he has The Book End, but lets face it, all it is is a weak Rock Bottom. The Spinaroonie isnt a finishing move, its just for show, and his Bicycle Kick is nothing really. The man has no finishing move! Booker, get one, now, and you'll be a much better IC champ, I guarantee it.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:08 AM
Oh yeah, and I just read that Shane O'Mac is set to return to RAW on monday. Shane is awesome, like him or not, and should help liven up the show. Apparently hes supposed to address what happened to Linda. Could we be seeing 'The Giant Killer' taking on Kane in the near future? I'd like to see it. When Shane is in a match he's the craziest sumbitch this side of Mick Foley. Need proof? Just watch one of his matches. Any match.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:21 AM
hell yeah he rocks! When else have you EVER seen someone fall off a rig 80 feet in the air, I dont care if it was padded, if he missed it, and it was SMALL, he was a dead man.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:25 AM
Just to add more proof, he did that TWICE.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:33 AM
and that diving elbow, damn! IT was like his first PPV with test, back in the golden days i guess, through the announcers table, an art i wish they would bring back.

that was frikkin awesome too!\

by the way, does anyone see a Austin/Bischoff fued brewing like the ol mcmhaon/austin one? Cuz i think that MIGHT help the ratings.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jackson13
Is it just me, or does The Booker Man need an actual finishing move? Sure, he has The Book End, but lets face it, all it is is a weak Rock Bottom. The Spinaroonie isnt a finishing move, its just for show, and his Bicycle Kick is nothing really. The man has no finishing move! Booker, get one, now, and you'll be a much better IC champ, I guarantee it.
He still caan use the Houston Hangover which is a pretty cool move.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikey2Dope
I love the Benoit/Kane trade idea. I read that last night and thought Keith had stumbled onto a great idea so long as Benoit goes over and takes the belt.
I'd love to see Benoit on RAW, but only if they'll let him get somewhere. He deserves a World title run. They've pushed so many guys into the top face spot only to have them take a Pedigree and fall down into the midcard.

Quote:
Oh yeah, and I just read that Shane O'Mac is set to return to RAW on monday.
That's good, at this point I'm up for just about anything new. I'll give Shane props, he comes out about once a year and puts it on the line and has a good match. And unlike Vince he doesn't hog the spotlight.

I'm not the biggest Goldberg fan in the world, but I'll admit he's good when he's handled right. I wanna see less talk and more action. And I hope he kicks HHH's ass at Summer Slam.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:46 PM
These are the non spoiler Smackdown matches

Rey Mysterio & Billy Kidman vs. Matt Hardy & Shannon Moore

Billy Gunn vs. Jamie Noble

Rhyno vs. Eddie Guerrero

A.P.A. vs. Chuck Palumbo & Johnny Stamboli

Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, & Zach Gowan vs. The Big Show & The World's Greatest Tag Team also knownas Team Angle

The opener, the main and Rhyno/Eddie all sound good.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 07-23-2003 at 01:48 PM..
Old 07-24-2003, 01:14 PM
I've heard a rumor at Vengence that we could see a old formation of an old WCW stable called the Filthy Animals which included Mysterio, Kidman and Konnan with Konnan helping them win the tag titles. Either that or Kidman turns on Mysterio and both of them fued at Summerslam.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:40 PM
That won't happen because Konnan is in NWA TNA as apart of the 3 Live Crew with The Truth and Road Dogg, but your second idea might be what will happen.

Last edited by Frank the Tank; 07-24-2003 at 02:15 PM..
Old 07-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Just watch one of his matches. Any match.

I will drink to that...
Old 07-24-2003, 11:08 PM
Shane vs Kane would be good, but I would rather have RVD vs Kane at Summerslam and they save Shane/Kane for Unforgiven. If the rumors of Vince wanting the Summerslam main event to be Vince vs Brock for the title that's just too many McMahons for a ppv.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:13 AM
Well if vince does do that, we can only hope that it is vinces last match EVER. MAybe hes trying ot go out with abang or something.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:54 PM
Put it this way: Raw is fucked. Period. Having Triple H as the champ along with his influence on the show is killing Raw. If Vince were smart, he'd diminish Triple H's role in booking and get his rear in gear.