Old 05-11-2003, 02:43 PM
FARGO

CAST:

William H Macy, Frances McDormand, Steve Buscemi & Peter Stormare.

PLOT: A desperate husband arranges his wifes kidnapping so he can extort a million dollars from her wealthy father. Things do not go according to plan....

A great pitch black comedy/thriller. The acting is dead-on and the accents are hilarious. William H. Macy was robbed at the 1996 Acadamy Awards, although Frances McDormand did win an Oscar for her role as the pregnant cop, I felt that Macy was more deserving.

It did in fact deserve Best Original Screenplay, the dialogue was sharp and the plot kept tossing twists our way. The Coens did a wonderful job writing and directing. The movie was never boring and the snowy scenery was great to look at at.

If your looking for a darkly funny thriller, check Fargo out.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Best film of the 90s. In the days when Hollywood tries to overthrow your emotions with unrealistic characters, over-the-top visuals and stories that get more and more unbelievable as the acts go on, Fargo is a simple story, about simple people, who make simple mistakes... in fact, it's so complex in it's simplicity, it's scary.

Brillantly directed, wonderfully written and sculpted, suberb performances all around and one of the greatest characters to ever to grace the screen, Margie... Fargo is pure brillance...

10/10.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:22 AM
It was an good film, nothing more. Personally I feel it's overrated.

7/10
Old 05-17-2003, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by urbanlegend23

7/10
mmm-hmmm. I agree 100 %
Old 05-17-2003, 11:56 AM
Quote:

7/10
I also agree, 7/10
Old 05-17-2003, 12:46 PM
Quote:

7/10
Uh-Huh, You Betcha.

It was a good flick, but I don't think Frances McDormand deserved an Oscar for talkin with an accent.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RickySlade
It was a good flick, but I don't think Frances McDormand deserved an Oscar for talkin with an accent.

Oh Yaaah??
Old 05-19-2003, 11:20 PM
One of my favorite movies of all time! Frances McDormand, William.H.Macy, Steve Buscemi, they were all great. But the best thing about this movie was how original it was, in an age where the same ideas are used over and over again, Fargo simply went against that. A great character driven drama that you won't forget! 9/10
Old 05-20-2003, 12:22 AM
Fargo 7/10

I am a massive Coen brothers fan- love everything they have done- except this

Found FARGO 7/10 lacking in a big way when compared to all of there other films. Maybe Ive been spoilt by the high quality of there were but this to me fell flat. Just doesnt hold the genius of films like Miller's Crossing, Blood Simple, Hudsucker and Lebowski.

Not a bad film but to me the worst in the Coens resume.
Old 05-20-2003, 06:08 PM
I love this movie...great cast, great story, and some funny lines in there :P...

and i like how they made it out to be a "based on a true story" type movie heheh...i thought that was funny

9/10
Old 05-20-2003, 06:51 PM
Ehhh...it was okay.

My favorite film of all time, and for good reason; great dialogue like nothing I've heard, very well-drawn characters, a fucking great cast, great imagery, a well-rounded combination of genres...All part of what blew me away.

**** out of ****, 10 out of 10...The flick is sheer brilliance, I tell ya.