Old 05-17-2003, 05:56 PM
The Treasure of Sierra Madre (1948)

The Treasure of Sierra Madre

One of the very best films you shall ever watch. Ranking 35 in my all time favourites, this film combines, action, drama, suspence, and a lot of dark tones to it.

Humphrey Bogart, hands down, gives a brilliant performance. One of the best of his career. Just going to show he was (and forever will be) one of the greatest actors to ever live.

John Huston has great tones to the film. Combining dark elements, and very happy elements. But as the film goes on, it gets more dark.

The whole point to the film, really, is to show what happens when tons of money is involved. Which, I think, they showed in brilliant fashion.

The score is brilliant as well. It helps set the tone for the film.

In the end, this film is one of the very best. Brilliant, brilliant film.

10/10
Old 05-17-2003, 06:44 PM

Definitely with you here, blankpage.

THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE has always been high on my list and it deserves every recognition it gets. Possibly the best about greed with a few surprising moments, the ending is classic and performances are AMAZING. Walter Huston's performance is oscar worthy and Humphrey Bogart is brilliant as always, his performance in the film is BEYOND oscars.

Overall, I LOVED the film.

10/10
Old 05-18-2003, 08:18 PM
TRESURE OF SIERRA MADRE 9/10

A near pefect film that provides entertainment and stimulation. Incredible script, perfect acting and all held together by one of the greatest dircetors ever.

A true masterpiece all should see
Old 05-20-2003, 03:53 PM
Looks good...

This is certainly a movie I'd like to see, but I haven't been able to find it. Is it on DVD?
Old 05-21-2003, 05:02 PM
Re: Looks good...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugar Magnolia
This is certainly a movie I'd like to see, but I haven't been able to find it. Is it on DVD?
I'm not quite sure, Sugar. I only found it on VHS. But, it could be on DVD.