Old 05-20-2003, 07:42 PM
Comic book or graphic novel?

Hello, I'm starting with my superheroe story, but I don't know if start with a comic book or a graphic novel? which is more better
to star a comic book or a graphic novel?
Old 05-20-2003, 11:15 PM
If I'm not mistaken, they're basically the same thing. Difference being that the term "Graphic Novel" is a pretentious term made my marketing guys to make a comic book sound sophistocated to the average person, even if the book is something like Watchmen. The best place to start is with Trade Paperbacks of comic series with different stories. Like the TPC of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, or Year One.

If you're interested in a specific storyline, browse around for a Trade Paperback of it, since they're compilations of a series of comics, cutting down on the costs
Old 05-21-2003, 04:47 PM
what means trade paperbacks? I don't understand it?
Old 05-21-2003, 04:58 PM
A trade paperback is a compilation of a particular storyline from a comic. A number of issues of the comic will be gathered together into one book.
Old 05-21-2003, 07:59 PM
Correct. Like for example, today in the mail I got "Daredevil Born Again," a Trade Paperback that features all 8 issues of that storyline in one book. A very useful kind of book, and saves money
Old 05-22-2003, 09:52 PM
comic book
Old 05-24-2003, 09:31 PM
I absolutely love graphic novels!!!!!!!!!!! Great plots, characters, settings, graphic novels has the works! Comic Books are good if you want something short and plain!
Old 05-28-2003, 10:38 PM
well, I prefer to create a book like Harry Potter, or at least a 200 page little book, because I don't have any skill to draw characters
Old 06-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Graphic Novel may sound pretentious. But it's not as bad as 'Sequential Art', or even 'Graphic Literature'...