Old 09-30-2003, 05:51 PM
is anyone down for having a joblo fantasy hockey league on yahoo!?

if we get about 10 guys ill set one up?
Old 09-30-2003, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by daddiefatsacks

Sure, why not.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by daddiefatsacks

Absolutely.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:08 PM
I'm in!
Old 09-30-2003, 10:10 PM
I'll be in. Dibbs on Hossa.

BTW, the Sens (half of which were rookies) just beat a stacked Red Wings team (Hasek incl.) 3 - 1.

WOOOoooo.

Last edited by outsyder; 09-30-2003 at 10:37 PM..
Old 09-30-2003, 10:12 PM
Im also in, and I want Joe Thornton!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2003, 10:27 PM
I'm in. And Sundin is mine.
Old 09-30-2003, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ToRontoRon

I'll fight ya for him.

No one takes the Captaincy over me.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:16 AM
You guys can open up a hockey fantasy pool thread to organize this if you like. It seemed to work just fine for the football fantasy pool.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:19 AM
Quote:
And you can keep the bastard
Old 10-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by arto_j
And you can keep the bastard

Urge to kill...rising.

Old 10-01-2003, 08:51 PM
It's gonna rise some more . . . .

Sens up 3-1.

Yeah!!

PS: How do you MISS the net on a penalty shot???
Old 10-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by outsyder
It's gonna rise some more . . . .

Sens up 3-1.

Yeah!!

PS: How do you MISS the net on a penalty shot???

BWAHAHAHA!! Foolish mortals! Didst thou doubt the great and powerful Senators of Ottawa? Begone (and while you're at it, kick me for doing this shpeal)!
Old 10-01-2003, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheAxeGrinder
BWAHAHAHA!! Foolish mortals! Didst thou doubt the great and powerful Senators of Ottawa? Begone (and while you're at it, kick me for doing this shpeal)!
Wait untill Nov. 29 when it really counts.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:58 PM
I'll be counting the days . . .

With a big fat grin on my face.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:35 PM
I remember when i was in minor hockey and playing against both Matt Stajan and Jason Spezza, it was good seeing both of them in a game, couple of Mississauga boys, as for Stajan missing the penalty shot, all the more reason why he wont be on the squad for another year or two.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:00 PM
This Leafs/Senators rivalry here on the boards is almost as heated as the one between the two teams.

The Sens however have OWNED the Leafs in this pre-season. Three straight wins.

The Sens are a better team, no question, although between both teams, I'm a Leafs fan.

I find the Senators excruciatingly boring.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:09 PM
Well Sev, to you I present this . . . .

The sens aren't boring GODDAMIT! And reasons why "Ottawa Will Win It All."

More Specifically . . . .

Quote:
Defensive? Trapping? Boring? Think again. The Senators don't always play the passive 1-2-2 anymore. General managers cite the Senators as an example of how playing good defense doesn't necessarily mean not scoring.

"They're a team that can play any style of hockey," says former Senators defenseman Lance Pitlick, who covered last season's playoff run for an Ottawa radio station. "A lot of teams thought they'd run them out of the building, and they showed they couldn't."

The Senators did put people to sleep in the past. But the team that concentrated on positioning and stifling the opposition has changed. Now it's a team with speed and skill, built on a foundation of positioning and defensive responsibility.

The Senators can trap with the Wild or run with the Avalanche. They can shut it down and hold on to a small lead or open it up and come from behind. Those rare qualities allow them to have multiple plans of attack and a winning result.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:23 PM
People, People, People....

It's all a moot point.

The Stanley Cup Champ will come from the West. Who cares about the boring East?!?!

btw, Joe Thoenton will win the scoring title.

Old 10-02-2003, 12:06 AM
This Leafs/Senators rivalry is really cooking! I'm loving every second of it.

Let's see...they play 8 times in the regular season? Of course we all know the Sens own the Buds in the reg season. Let's all hope these two clubs meet in the playoffs.

And yes the Sens are UBER boring to watch. They trap and trap and trap. They don't get in any scrums or fights. They are booooooring. You think that with a team loaded with speedsters like Hossa, Havlat and White that they'd be one of the spectacular teams to watch.

Say what you will about the Leafs. At least we don't trap. I find that admirable.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by docholiday_13
I'll fight ya for him.

No one takes the Captaincy over me.
(Drops the gloves and gets the first blows in with some cheap shots.)

Haha. Didn't think I'd fight dirty did ya?
Old 10-02-2003, 05:21 AM
Including today

7 Days Left...

- October 8th, the party officially begins.

- On October 9th, the Canadiens visit Ottawa. The Senators will go on to SODOMIZE the Habs, good and proper. A likely final result, 5 - 1 Sens.

- October 10th, the Montreal media begins lynching the organization.

- October 11th, the Habs visit Toronto and take a similar thrashing, more bloody, but just as one-sided. A likely final result, 3 - 0 Leafs.

This winter will be fun!

Old 10-02-2003, 05:32 AM

The animosity and petty squabbling in this thread is too fun to pass up, I've changed the subject header to this thread making it the regular season thread.

Enjoy!
Old 10-02-2003, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by docholiday_13
Say what you will about the Leafs. At least we don't trap. I find that admirable.

Sure they dont trap but they sure to take every moment to kick, pull hair, and bitch whenever they get the chance...
Old 10-02-2003, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Haddonfield
Sure they dont trap but they sure to take every moment to kick, pull hair, and bitch whenever they get the chance...
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:44 PM
Quote:
You say that like it's a bad thing.
It;s not only a bad thing but it DRIVES ME UP THE WALL!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 01:25 PM
Only a week away, ladies and gentleman.

I'm trying to stay clear of the Sens bashing right now, because really it doesn't matter, since it's the PRE-SEASON, the time when the Sens are kings...than the REAL hockey begins.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

But I will admit that I think Sens will kick Montreal's ass, 6-1. Than Montreal will loose to the Leafs 4-2.

I can't wait.
Old 10-02-2003, 04:36 PM
Damn you HABS bashers! We will do much better than ya'll think, in fact I will go on to say that the Habs will win the season series with Toronto...and please, is there at least one more Canadiens fan out there? Please? Anyone? Bueller?(okay that's been over-done, but what the hey)
Old 10-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Rated R
and please, is there at least one more Canadiens fan out there? Please? Anyone? Bueller?(okay that's been over-done, but what the hey)
The Surgeon is a huge Habs fan.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Im a HUGE Hab fan. Big big fan. I love them because I know it means a W everytime my Bruins play them.

Old 10-02-2003, 05:29 PM
Does any of this really matter? The only team from the East that can win the cup is The Devils, and even they can only muster it once in a while. The cup will go to the West, like it always does.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bob
Does any of this really matter? The only team from the East that can win the cup is The Devils, and even they can only muster it once in a while. The cup will go to the West, like it always does.
Oh please. The only teams that have a chance in the West are Detroit, Vancouver and Colorado. Come to think of it, Detroit is too old and Colorado is overrated. Vancouver could do it if they have the goaltending situation covered (I feel sorry for Cloutier). As for the East, let me see. The east has Ottawa, New Jersey and Toronto (yeah, right). Hmm, New Jersey got lucky against the Sens last year, and Toronto is Toronto, so I guess the Sens are the only ones from the East with the chance. I'll be waiting to see a Vancouver/Ottawa finals, just to screw over the US networks.
Old 10-02-2003, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Oh please. The only teams that have a chance in the West are Detroit, Vancouver and Colorado. Come to think of it, Detroit is too old and Colorado is overrated. Vancouver could do it if they have the goaltending situation covered (I feel sorry for Cloutier). As for the East, let me see. The east has Ottawa, New Jersey and Toronto (yeah, right). Hmm, New Jersey got lucky against the Sens last year, and Toronto is Toronto, so I guess the Sens are the only ones from the East with the chance. I'll be waiting to see a Vancouver/Ottawa finals, just to screw over the US networks.

I love you THIII<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------->IIIIS much.

But seriously folks, he has some good points.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:04 PM
I want to get this straight before the season begins:

Leafs Fans

Slim
ToRontoRon
docholiday_13
daddiefatsacks
horrorfreak13
blankpage
Clarkey07
arby19

Senators Fans

outsyder
TheAxeGrinder
arto_j

Bruins Fans

Haddonfield
Indiana Sev

Canadiens Fans

The Shootin' Surgeon
Rated R

Avalanche Fans

bob

Stars Fans

Morgana
RicochetShaw

Sharks Fans

Puck Bond

Flyers Fans

Benny

Sabres Fans

The Delfonics

Pretty good assortment so far, if I've made mistakes, please correct me, I'll update this every so often before the season begins. I can also add others.

It's just interesting to see who's rooting for which team. It's pretty one-sided so far. Damn, there are a lot of Leaf fans. I like them too, but I prefer the B's.

Last edited by Indiana Sev; 10-02-2003 at 07:16 PM..
Old 10-02-2003, 07:06 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry, I couldn't read your post. I had something jealous in my eye.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bob
I'm sorry, I couldn't read your post. I had something jealous in my eye.

Must have been that tear you shed watching Aebischer play . . .

PS: Put me down as a Buffalo fan too. Although I'd take my homwtown sens over them any day, they always brought out the best in the sens and can still pull down some big wins.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:16 PM

GO LEAFS GO

GO LEAFS GO

GO LEAFS GO

GO LEAFS GO
Old 10-02-2003, 10:40 PM
Mmmm. Titties!

GO HABS GO!

GO SENS GO!

CHUG EDDIE CHUG!

GO SENS GO!

Ummm . . . . GO FRANKENSTEIN?!?!?
Old 10-02-2003, 11:40 PM
buncha red x's

what a threat
Old 10-03-2003, 02:49 PM
Travis Green got claimed by Columbus and then gets shipped to Boston for god knows what. The Leafs got Petr Tenkrat or some crap like that and I have no clue who he is.