Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Sports
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Well, the Wings are going to pick up Hasek's contract. I guess Cujo is going somewhere else now.

I realized something...

Cujo and J-Lo have something in common....

both get around

Oh man, I should stop this.
Old 07-01-2003, 06:21 PM
I can't believe fucking Hasek is coming back. I couldn't hate the guy more (and, just for the record, I hated him a LONG time before the Wings beat us in the conference final).

The Rangers continue to shoot themselves in the foot, they traded Brian Leetch to Edmonton for Markanen and a draft pick.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:29 PM
They traded his "rights" to them...not him...basicly its a way a team can get "something" in the case they dont resign them. The Rags could sign Leetch right now and only owe EDM a draft pick.

Im surprised we didnt see more of this, this year.....the owners are afraid and the players are fucked and the next hockey season is a wash...its good and bad....

Im still praying to GOD that the B's figure somthing out and sign Sammy! Rolston! and Axelsson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2003, 06:33 AM
Selšnne will apparantly be announcing his "plans" for next year sometime before Saturday...It was strongly implied in the piece I read that he'd be set for a move to Anaheim, but we'll have to wait a bit for the confirmation.

Teppo Numminen resigned with Phoenix, and it appears that Jyrki Lumme will indeed be retiring this year.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:20 PM
Pat Brisson the agent for Sergei Federov has said that Federov will not return to the Red Wings next season and he will be lucky if he gets at least 8 million from any team next season.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by arto_j
Selšnne will apparantly be announcing his "plans" for next year sometime before Saturday...It was strongly implied in the piece I read that he'd be set for a move to Anaheim, but we'll have to wait a bit for the confirmation.
Just heard this on TSN.

It seems like Paul Kariya will reunite with Teemu Selanne but not with Anaheim there is a news conference called for 4pm eastern where it is announced that Paul Kariya and Temmu Selanne have signed with the Colorado Avalanche don't know the terms yet, but can you imagine Forsberg centering Kariya and Selanne.

Detroit has signed Derian Hatcher to a 5 year 30 million dollar contract.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:00 PM
Selšnne and Kariya just signed with the Avs.

Kariya, 1 year deal 1.2 Million!?!

Teemu, 1 year deal, 5.8 mill

I still wonder who will play goal for them.

and Hatcher goes to The Wings.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by horrorfreak13
Just heard this on TSN.

It seems like Paul Kariya will reunite with Teemu Selanne but not with Anaheim there is a news conference called for 4pm eastern where it is announced that Paul Kariya and Temmu Selanne have signed with the Colorado Avalanche don't know the terms yet, but can you imagine Forsberg centering Kariya and Selanne.

Detroit has signed Derian Hatcher to a 5 year 30 million dollar contract.

You beat me to the punch!!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Haddonfield
What 1.2 million Jonas Hoglund made more than that.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:10 PM
FUCK.

Fucking Ducks.

Fuck them.

Fuck.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:15 PM
The Avs...should've seen it coming, when he said he'd go for a team that has a real shot at the Cup. He was fairly sure of playing with Kariya, so no surprise that both of them signed. Kind of sucks, since Colorado is the team I dislike the most in the league, and he had to go and sign for them. Hell, it worked with Ray Bourque, why not these two? The Avs will be one helluva team to beat next year...Damned.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by arto_j
The Avs...should've seen it coming, when he said he'd go for a team that has a real shot at the Cup. He was fairly sure of playing with Kariya, so no surprise that both of them signed. Kind of sucks, since Colorado is the team I dislike the most in the league, and he had to go and sign for them. Hell, it worked with Ray Bourque, why not these two? The Avs will be one helluva team to beat next year...Damned.
They sure will be.

Columbus has signed Todd Marchant to a 5 year 14.5 million and Trevor Letowski to a 3 year deal worth around 2.1 million
Old 07-03-2003, 02:32 PM
They will be tough as long as they get a goaltender. I wonder if they fly under the radar screen and we hear in a week that they got CuJo.

Sakic, Forsburg, Kariya, Selanne, Hejduk, Blake, Foote, Morris, Tanguay....

Yikes!
Old 07-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Geez. Now that's a drastic salary reduction!
Old 07-03-2003, 02:44 PM

bob is on cloud nine...
Old 07-03-2003, 02:47 PM
Now I have more reason than ever to hate the AVS...I hope they miss the playoffs and end up like the fuckin Rangers...fuck em!

Go HABS!(although they won't make a single move and they'll finish maybe 8th in the conference...either that or miss the playoffs altogether...oh well, still got my Dolphins in football.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:19 PM
It seems the rich get richer and the poorer lose their players, while the Rangers still suck.

Although I'm sure my Sens will yet again embarass all of these high money teams.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Well you unless they Ranger it or can't get a great starting goalie you might as well hand the cup to Colorado. I can't remember the last time I've seen a team stacked this deep. And Kariya for 1.2 million?!? The Canucks could have signed him for that and he could have played for his home team but I'm guessing playing with Selanne and giving up a shot this good at winning the cup were too much to pass up on.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:44 PM
As of right now the Avs do not have a goalie, but that wont last long, methinks they will trade for Cujo.

I hope the leafs get a smack in the ass and go for someone like Oates or Federov, now that Hatcher is gone....they need some D badly
Old 07-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Bob, you're a friend, but I couldn't hate you more right now .

You lucky bastard, congrats though.

Back at the old Leaf mansion......nothing happens!
Old 07-04-2003, 03:12 AM
Kariya
Selanne
Sakic
Forsberg
Hejduk
Tanguay
Blake
Foote

Okay, that's just not fair. It looks like a freaking all star team.

Meanwhile in Leafland Quinn almost bought a dozen donuts but then decided he could get by with his stale old bagels instead.

Memo to Quinn : Fuck the budget, fuck the work stoppage, fuck the cheap ass owners. Sign Federov and Devries and lets get this team a rolling.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:52 PM
Here is a thought...

What if Roy decides to come back...fer one more year...with the Avs....?

Stranger things have happened.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:55 PM
Well, well, well. Looks like ol' bob's finally getting his due. Hmm, yes, let's look at the Avalanche's top two lines, shall we?

Let's see, Sakic, Hejduk and Tanguay would make a great...SECOND LINE.

And for our first line, just Forsberg, Kariya, and Selanne. Yes, that'll work out nicely.

In case there's any confusion about how little Kariya signed for, here's the scoop as I understand it: Selanne signed with the Avs before Kariya, asking for 5.8 mil in what will probably be his last season. Kariya, not getting his 10 million from Anaheim, then decided to sign with a different team for one year at a salary below the league average (1.5 mil), so he could be an unrestricted free agent next season. Since he wanted to play with Selanne anyway, he thought "Why not the Avs?".

Hmm...I forgot. Someone remind me here: Which team is it that now has 5 of the top 15 players in the NHL? Oh, silly me, that's right: it's the Avalanche.
Old 07-04-2003, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bob
Well, well, well. Looks like ol' bob's finally getting his due. Hmm, yes, let's look at the Avalanche's top two lines, shall we?

Let's see, Sakic, Hejduk and Tanguay would make a great...SECOND LINE.

And for our first line, just Forsberg, Kariya, and Selanne. Yes, that'll work out nicely.

In case there's any confusion about how little Kariya signed for, here's the scoop as I understand it: Selanne signed with the Avs before Kariya, asking for 5.8 mil in what will probably be his last season. Kariya, not getting his 10 million from Anaheim, then decided to sign with a different team for one year at a salary below the league average (1.5 mil), so he could be an unrestricted free agent next season. Since he wanted to play with Selanne anyway, he thought "Why not the Avs?".

Hmm...I forgot. Someone remind me here: Which team is it that now has 5 of the top 15 players in the NHL? Oh, silly me, that's right: it's the Avalanche.

Must you rub it in?!?!
Old 07-04-2003, 05:40 PM
He has nothing to rub in. They lost to minnesota. Detroit lost to Anaheim. Rangers didn't make the playoffs. The Sharks didn't make the playoffs. The Leafs spending spree was a dud. I'm not worried at ALL.

My Senators will see to that.

And when a salary cap is set in place, it'll be all the easier.

Last edited by outsyder; 07-04-2003 at 05:50 PM..
Old 07-04-2003, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by outsyder
He has nothing to rub in. They lost to minnesota. Detroit lost to Anaheim. Rangers didn't make the playoffs. The Sharks didn't make the playoffs. I'm not worried at ALL.

My Senators will see to that.

And when a salary cap is set in place, it'll be all the easier.
.... and the Sens didn't get eliminated by the Leafs this year. Whoop-dee-doo. Don't get cocky there, buddy!

Oh, yeah... DAMN YOU, BOB!!!
Old 07-04-2003, 05:55 PM
Relaying the message of destiny is NOT cocky.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Hey, don't you guys think it's great that we got Kariya AND Selanne for 7 million? I mean, wow, that's less than we would have spent on Roy for another season. Yeah, two world class players for less than the salary that most people in their league get. Yeah, that's sweet. Heck, we saved so much money in signing them we might even pick up Sergei Fedorov for a season!!

Alright, now I'm done.
Old 07-05-2003, 02:46 AM
Isn't this what the Red Wings did last year?
Old 07-05-2003, 06:46 PM
Yes, and the Red Wings won the Cup.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:18 PM
Then a practically identical Red Wings team got swept by the ducks. This was NOT Cujo's fault alone. 50/50, bob.
Old 07-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by outsyder
Then a practically identical Red Wings team got swept by the ducks. This was NOT Cujo's fault alone. 50/50, bob.
Can't you let me enjoy one measly postseason?
Old 07-05-2003, 10:22 PM
Ok, but don't say I didn't warn you.
Old 07-07-2003, 04:41 PM
But the question is, will the Avs get Cujo? Or settle for back-up?

The way the Avs are doing, I think they will aquire a great goalie.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by blankpage

The way the Avs are doing, I think they will aquire a great goalie.
Yup. Not Theodore though, cause he's a bad goalie.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:42 PM
From what Ive read the Avs are content on letting David Aebischer get the number 1 job. Tho it could just be talk...who knows. They may let him take it and run and if he falls pull off a move during the season...which is always dicey.

Fact is NO ONE wins without a better than average goalie.

All the Kariya's and Sakic's cant keep the puck out of the net.

Im not slamming them because who knows how Dave will pan out...and besides...the Avs became my 2nd team as soon as 77 graced there sweater.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:44 PM
and whats up with the Rangers centter who appently commited suicide!?!...hung himself with a belt in his hotel room.

How Sad!
Old 07-07-2003, 06:11 PM
Quote:
and whats up with the Rangers centter who appently commited suicide!?!...hung himself with a belt in his hotel room.

How Sad!
Yes, very sad.

There is absolutely no more doubt left in my mind that the New York Rangers organization is jinxed!
Old 07-07-2003, 07:59 PM
Quote:

How Sad!
Wow. Now that's just some awful news to read.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Bad, bad news.

Who was the guy?