Old 05-24-2010, 03:03 PM
I'd say the Hawks win in 6. Maybe 5. Against whomever.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Hawks win for sure! I'll say in 6!

But, the most important thing is that the fucking Canadiens are gone!!! Good riddance, fuckers! Fuck man!!! This is such a relief! If they would have gone on to the Stanley Cup Final, it would have killed me!
Old 06-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Hatfreet View Post
Hawks win for sure! I'll say in 6!

But, the most important thing is that the fucking Canadiens are gone!!! Good riddance, fuckers! Fuck man!!! This is such a relief! If they would have gone on to the Stanley Cup Final, it would have killed me!
With the series tied and going back to Chicago, the Hawks might be on their heels now. We'll see.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Congrats to the Hawks. The long drought is over!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:18 PM
I am very happy Philly did not win. I like to see that city lose.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:04 AM
Glad the Hawks won. Great team! At least it's not the Flyers. Philly fans shouldn't get anything for making their fanbase look bad(Eagles fans).
Old 06-10-2010, 06:49 AM
Who fucking boos the winning team?

I would have hated the Flyers winning, but I wouldn't have lost my shit over it and had I been in the arena, I wouldn't fucking boo. What are these people, twelve? Christ.

\o/ Yay Blackhawks. I love the Red Wings, but Chicago are always my No. 2 if Detroit gets knocked out. Good to see the Stanley Cup back with a deserving team.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Can someone tell me why the Habs' GM Gauthier decided to pull a Mike Milbury?
Old 06-18-2010, 09:25 AM
And montreal trade Halak to St. Louis. Loose.

Now the main reason to be excited for Montreals next season has gone out the door. I thought this whole "we love Price" fest woudl have ended with Gainey leaving.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:08 PM
BREAKING: Ex-Red Wing Probert Dies
Bob Probert Becomes Unresponsive While On Lake St. Clair

POSTED: Monday, July 5, 2010
UPDATED: 5:59 pm EDT July 5, 2010

DETROIT -- Former NHL forward and Red Wing Bob Probert died Monday after being rushed to a hospital in Windsor, Local 4 has learned.

Ontario Provincial Police said a medical distress call came from the boat Probert was in on Lake St. Clair, near the Belle River, just before 3 p.m.

He was unresponsive when he was taken to Windsor Regional Hospital.

Family members of the 45-year-old have scheduled a 6 p.m. news conference at the hospital.

Probert was drafted by Detroit in 1983, and was with the team until 1994 before moving on to the Chicago Blackhawks. He retired from hockey in 2002.

He played in 935 games and scored 163 goals.

Probert and Red Wings teammate Joe Kocur were known as the "Bruise Brothers."

He had a public battle with drugs and alcohol for several years.

Stay with Local 4 News and ClickOnDetroit.com for updates to this developing story.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports...65/detail.html
Old 07-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Nabokov has signed a 4 year deal wiht St. Petersburg in the KHL! reports are that the same team is in some sort of talks with Kovalchuk as well!
Old 07-13-2010, 01:05 AM
BTW I'm not dead yet I just haven't posted on here in a long while so some free agent and past trade thoughts.

1. I know this is 3 weeks old but HAHAHA! Montreal trading the player that was the reason that you guys 1. made it that far and 2. Made the playoffs to begin with.

2. Love the Leafs moves so far signing Lebda, aquiring Versteeg and signing Colby Armstrong are nice moves I really think Versteeg can do well with first line duty playing with Kessel and whoever our #1 centre is if it's Bozak I'm okay with that considering his play last year.

3. Ottawa you will regret the Gonchar signing in 2 years I assure you too much money and 1 year too long for a 36 year old defenseman who hasn't played a full year in 2 years.

4. Nabokov good riddance you choked when it matterred anyways just look athis playoff record and the olympics with Russia. I like the Nittymaki signing for a decent amount of money he played really well for Tampa Bay last year.

5. And Kovalchuk I think is pricing himself out for any team to sign him although New Jersey will regret signing him to a huge deal because it will probably cost them keeping Parise since his contract comes up the following year I believe.

That's about it for now I still see a Kaberle trade coming soon as long as teams quit lowballing Burke offers prefer a centre but a star forward will do.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:54 AM
Gonchar was a point per game player in the playoffs last year. The guy can still bring it. Having him on the backend makes our forward group that much more dangerous. The only guy back there last year who could make offensive plays worth a damn was Karlsson. It will have a bigger effect than everyone thinks.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
1. I know this is 3 weeks old but HAHAHA! Montreal trading the player that was the reason that you guys 1. made it that far and 2. Made the playoffs to begin with.
I still can't wrap my head around this decision. So what if Price was your 1 draft pick back a few years ago? So what if he has almost every goalie award in North American Junior hockey? He has done nothing but have an exceptional HALF season. That's it.

Halak has proven himself season after season that when the Price trian runs out of steam he's the man who can get it done. But let's trade him and keep this "young goalie who has his whole career ahead of him- but sucks" instead of a tired and true guy like Halak.

I can just imagin the blow that probably happen in Montreal when this was announced. And the best part of this whole situation is that they don't even have Price under contract! He's a bloody Free Agent! So now Montreal has shot themselves in the foot and will have to end up paying way more then what Price is worth just to have a fucking goalie. Cause i can tell ya one thing there is no way they are going to rely on Auld as their #1.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Halak got 5000 ppl to show-up in a shopping mall in Montreal today to sign autograph. Too many people showed up and what was supposed to last 2 hours lasted almost 4 hours.

Price better not fail this year else this is gonna be the worst trade ever !
Old 09-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
Halak got 5000 ppl to show-up in a shopping mall in Montreal today to sign autograph. Too many people showed up and what was supposed to last 2 hours lasted almost 4 hours.

Price better not fail this year else this is gonna be the worst trade ever !
For sure, i don't see Gauthier making it out of that city alive if Price doesn't preform.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Once again, Montreal's GMs have been huffing gas since '95. Really, why Gainey traded Huet instead of keeping him to help Price transition into a starting role, I don't know.

Bottom line, PRICE IS NOT THE SECOND COMING OF ROY/DRYDEN.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:30 PM
few things on my mind

1)Chicago has ruined it's chances of repeating as Champs since pretty much depleting their entire roster..I mean WHY get rid of Niemi when he was so solid for you during your cup run?! *facepalm*

2) I'm really sad Bob Probert died. He was one of my favorite "goons" growing up. He will be sorely missed.

3) The Kovalchuk deal is outrageous. He's amazing. I love his talent but 15 year 100 dollar deal?! I hope the Devils know what they are doing with this guy.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
few things on my mind

1)Chicago has ruined it's chances of repeating as Champs since pretty much depleting their entire roster..I mean WHY get rid of Niemi when he was so solid for you during your cup run?! *facepalm*

2) I'm really sad Bob Probert died. He was one of my favorite "goons" growing up. He will be sorely missed.

3) The Kovalchuk deal is outrageous. He's amazing. I love his talent but 15 year 100 dollar deal?! I hope the Devils know what they are doing with this guy.
I think Chicago would have rather got rid of Brian Campbell's contract instead but that's the salary cap for you and they are still have to cut about $3 million

Guaranteed New Jersey regrets the deal in 5 years I think some players deserve 10-15 years and Kovalchuk isn't one of them
Old 09-06-2010, 03:28 PM
The Hockey News 2010-11 predictions

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...edictions.html

my comments on EAST ( the conference i know best )

Toronto #12 : I know Toronto has been sucky for the last couple of years so they cant really do worst and with Dion Phaneuf as new captain & JS Giguere in front of the net , they could cause a surprise ... at least in the first half the season. I see them more at #10

Montreal #8 : With little changes to a small team and the loss of Halak , i cant see them keeping the 8th place they got last season ( getting a play-off spot on the last day with the Halak miracles). Now if Markov can avoid injuries , maybe. Just praying that the Price is Right. Caught in the #10-9-8 hell again.

Tampa Bay #7 : With a new management and the addition of Simon Gagné , they could go higher than #7. Solid offense , good defense ... the only weak spot is goaltending. Prolly a #4-5.

Philadelphia #4 : No way. They went to the Stanley Cup finals thanks to Montreal that overcame the #1-2 teams in the conference. They lost Simon Gagné and their goaltending is still unreliable. Their defense and their conservative plays is their only strong points. More like #7 to me.

Boston #3 : What ?!? Boston got some new talents this summer but nothing extraordinaire. The strenght of Boston is the teamplay ( aka the trap ) and their strong defense with captain & team leader Zneno Chara. Marc Savard will be injured again. I see them at #6.

Washington #1 : No contest there. The best player in the league ( Ovechkin ) and a strong supporting cast. I see them going all the way this year Especially after the humbling they got in the play-offs from Montreal last year. They didnt change the team much except the departure of unreliable goaltender J.Theodore. #1 and the cup imo.

I'll check more the WEST conference before commenting , most the teams we see like 2 times in the east. I'll check the Blues for sure with the addition of Halak.

Less than 1 month to go

RIP Bob Probert

Last edited by Dirtyfrog; 09-06-2010 at 03:30 PM..
Old 09-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Quote:
I think Chicago would have rather got rid of Brian Campbell's contract instead but that's the salary cap for you and they are still have to cut about $3 million

Guaranteed New Jersey regrets the deal in 5 years I think some players deserve 10-15 years and Kovalchuk isn't one of them
I agree horror. Devils really shouldn't have gave him a long term contract. If I were the owner/GM, I would've settled on a 7yr/70 mil contract.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
I agree horror. Devils really shouldn't have gave him a long term contract. If I were the owner/GM, I would've settled on a 7yr/70 mil contract.
I wouldn't have went more than 5 years with him

As for the hockey news predictions I've seen them already all I have to say about it is if Price plays like last year there is no god damn way they make the playoffs this year and possible finish as one of the worst teams in the league last year without Halak they don't make the playoffs and finish where the Leafs finished last year.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Quote:
As for the hockey news predictions I've seen them already all I have to say about it is if Price plays like last year there is no god damn way they make the playoffs this year and possible finish as one of the worst teams in the league last year without Halak they don't make the playoffs and finish where the Leafs finished last year.
Speaking of which, once again, the Sens are getting no respect. Of course, they spout out the bullshit about the winning streak as justification for last year's placing not counting, but of course the two 5+ game losing streaks that bookend the winning streak are perfectly legit.

THN can suck it.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
Speaking of which, once again, the Sens are getting no respect. Of course, they spout out the bullshit about the winning streak as justification for last year's placing not counting, but of course the two 5+ game losing streaks that bookend the winning streak are perfectly legit.

THN can suck it.
I don't agree with most of their rankings I think the Sens are with the Leafs and a bunch of other teams where they could place anywhere between 6th and 12th with the Sens it depends on their goaltending and getting any scoring after Spezza and Alfredsson. Michalek looks like he's becoming a good player for them he had a pretty decent year last year.

Speaking of Spezza he has to return to form and play way better defensively
Old 09-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
Montreal #8 : With little changes to a small team and the loss of Halak , i cant see them keeping the 8th place they got last season ( getting a play-off spot on the last day with the Halak miracles). Now if Markov can avoid injuries , maybe. Just praying that the Price is Right. Caught in the #10-9-8 hell again.
I dunno, the forwards found better chemisrty closer to the end of the season, esspecially when Cammillari got moved to the Kost/Plack line. Even with half their top forwards not showing up in the playoffs i think they can still be a decent offensive threat.

But it will infact come down to Price in the end, which is sad. Oh and Gomez sucks balls.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesaker View Post
I dunno, the forwards found better chemisrty closer to the end of the season, esspecially when Cammillari got moved to the Kost/Plack line. Even with half their top forwards not showing up in the playoffs i think they can still be a decent offensive threat.

But it will infact come down to Price in the end, which is sad. Oh and Gomez sucks balls.
Their defense is still shit and if Price has the year he did last year there is no way this team makes the playoffs and finishes in the bottom 5 teams in the league. They were so god awful 5 on 5 last year the only 2 things they had going for them was Halak and their PP that's it.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:33 AM
I can see their offense being a bit better if they can stay healthier, but their defense remains suspect, and they don't have Halak to fall back on if Price goes into one of his sieve streaks.

All in all I expect them to be much the same team they were last year BEFORE the playoffs.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Outlooks for ALL the teams on NHL.com : http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

pretty complete coverage imo .... looking forward to new season
Old 09-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Kovalchuk's contract is costly for the NJ Devils.

The NHL fined the team 3M$ , a 3rd round draft pick in 2011 and one 1rst round drack pick in the next 4 years ( the year choice is up to NJ ).

This penalty was imposed because the NHL said that the team tried to go around the league's salary cap policy when submitting the 17 years & 102M$ contract they gave to Kovalchuk. They had to go back to negociation before the new 15 years & 100M$ contract was accepted by the NHL. The NHLPA lost their appeal yesterday , the judge confirming the league's decision.

Lamoriello got a job to do now as with the acceptance of the contract by the league , the Devils are now 3M$ over the salary cap and are missing 2 players to meet the 23 players roster.

Season starts in 3 weeks.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:06 AM
Anyone else think Boston is hanging Tim Thomas out to dry?

Anyways, if Calgary starts out like they did last year, don't be surprised if both Sutters get the axe.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxeGrinder View Post
Anyone else think Boston is hanging Tim Thomas out to dry?

Anyways, if Calgary starts out like they did last year, don't be surprised if both Sutters get the axe.
The way Rask played last year and younger I think they tried to find someone for him but his cap hit is probably too much of a price for most teams. Considering Boston still has to cut $3 million before the season starts I wouldn't be surprised if they try to bury his salary in the minors.

Calgary the Jokinen signing still baffles me to this day I don't care if it's for cheap
Old 09-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Habs lost their first pre-season game against Boston 4-2.

Price gave up 4 goals on 10 shots ... pretty weak performance. He didn't meet the press after the game. Can u say P-R-E-S-S-U-R-E !!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Predictions for the season

EAST
1. Washington Capitals - 2 playoff series wins in past 3 years just saying
2. Pittsburgh Penguins - long off season compared to past 2 years will make team more refreshed
3. Buffalo Sabres - Miller will have to steal a lot of games the D after the top 2 is very weak and questionable
4. Philadelphia Flyers - Deep and goaltending questions same old story
5. New Jersey Devils - hard to go against them consistent every year
6. Boston Bruins - Savard's health still a concern
7. Tampa Bay Lightning - With new additions the opportunity is there
8. Toronto Maple Leafs - have to avoid the bad start from last year to make the playoffs
9. Ottawa Senators - Goaltending is very questionable if Leclaire or Elliot step up and play well they could grab a spot if they don't they could fall even worse than this
10. New York Rangers - Too weak offensively
11. Montreal Canadiens - Price ha to be Halak last year and I don't see that happening could be one of the 5-10 worst teams in the league this year
12. Carolina Hurricanes - last year was a disaster
13. Atlanta Thrashers - some promising players but too many better teams ahead of them
14. Florida Panthers - the moves this past year will pay off in a few years
15. New York Islanders - Injuries to Steit and Okposo really hurt any optimism this team could have had

WEST
1. San Jose Sharks - goaltending might be better as Nabokov was never great in big games
2. Vancouver Canucks - them and Detroit might be the deepest teams in the West
3. Detroit Red Wings - same with Pittsburgh they will benefit with the rest but sometime age has to catch up to them
4. Chicago Blackhawks - despite having to cut some of their players from their cup run still have the core players in place
5. Los Angeles Kings - Quick has the goaltening job my bet is Bernier grabs it by the midway point of the year
6. Phoenix Coyotes - nice surprise last year they won't sneek up on anybody this year
7. St. Louis Blues - If Halak can carry the Habs in the playoffs why not this team
8. Nashville Predators - always find a way to get in somehow
9. Colorado Avalanche - very hard for me to put them out of the playoffs but very deep conference could find a way in still
10. Calgary Flames - Tanguay I might understand but Olli Joikinen again this didn't work last year why should it work again this year
11. Anaheim Ducks - Lose Pronger one year and Neidermayer the next year not good for them defensively Hiller might have to steal alot of games.
12. Dallas Stars - How long until Kari Lehtonen gets injured again
13. Minnesota Wild - Not enough talent to compete
14. Columbus Blue Jackets - That playoff spot seems so long ago even if it is 2 years
15. Edmonton Oilers - give it 2 or 3 years and they could be good

Hart: Stamkos
Art Ross: Crosby
Richard: Stamkos - I think 60 might be posible
Calder: Taylor Hall
Norris: Drew Doughty
Breakout Player: Erik Karlsson
Best Offseason Aquisition: Jaroslav Halak
Worst Offseason Aquisitiion: Olli Joikinen

And Cup Final pick is.... Pittsburgh over Vancouver.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Very good predictions for the upcoming NHL season. However my prediction for the Stanley Cup finals would be Pittsburgh over Los Angeles.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@$$ View Post
Very good predictions for the upcoming NHL season. However my prediction for the Stanley Cup finals would be Pittsburgh over Los Angeles.
I like LA too as well I find its really tough predicting a lot of this stuff with the Salary Cap in the East after the top 6 I think anybody from 7-12 could be anywhere and I think anybody out of that top 6 in the west could end up in any order pretty much.

Islanders would have been a bit higher if Streit not gotten injured but only like 1 or 2 spots pretty much.

Washington and San Jose have to prove to get off the playoff choke list so not getting burned out by them this time.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Predicting the NHL is tough to bet after the playoffs over the years. Who ever thought the Habs could make it to the semi-finals beating Capitals and Penguins? Not me of course and not because I'm a Bruins fan.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@$$ View Post
Predicting the NHL is tough to bet after the playoffs over the years. Who ever thought the Habs could make it to the semi-finals beating Capitals and Penguins? Not me of course and not because I'm a Bruins fan.
Not me either I'm a Leafs fan and I hate Montreal the fact they got in because of Halak alone and they trade him instead of Price if he has the same year as last year that team is one of the 5-10 worst teams in the league.

And the rest of their roster is pretty much the same as last year.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:37 PM
(taking into account seeding)

EAST

1. Washington - Ridiculously high powered offense and another year of growth for Semyon Varlamov
2. New Jersey - Have further insulated Brodeur and have superstar wingers up front
3. Boston - They have the defence and goaltending to get them here, and the addition of Horton and Seguin should help out scoring.
4. Pittsburgh - With Gonchar gone, they won't be as explosive, but new additions along with centre depth make them as good if not better.
5. Philadelphia - A great team with absolutely no goaltending.
6. Ottawa - Solid offensive and defensive core, with a solid crop of young players. Goaltending will be an issue, but not enough to keep them out.
7. Buffalo - Miller is incredible, but they seem determined to see how little support he can win with.
8. Montreal - Injuries hurt them last year, but if healthy they should be back in. Price just has to be decent, but that's a lot to ask given last year.
9. Tampa Bay - An explosive offense, but unfortunately not much else.
10. New York Rangers - Good defensive team, but because Gaborik is the only one scoring, they will struggle again.
11. Toronto - The worst offensive depth in the conference, but a good if not slow defence. They will improve, but the playoffs are at least another year away.
12. Carolina Hurricanes - Hard team to read, as they seem to yo-yo in the standings year in and out. Even though they have a decent collection of players, I don't think the youth is quite ready to contribute on a high level.
13. Atlanta Thrashers - young team assembling assets. They will be tough to play against, but they won't get very far
14. Florida Panthers - In full-on rebuild mode, but still with some effective players
15. New York Islanders - Solid young core, but lack of depth, and serious injuries to star players means it's the bottom of the conference for them.

WEST

1. Chicago - Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Keith. Losing Byfuglien will be tough, but his presence was moreso in the playoffs than regular season. Turco, like Niemi, will only have to not be terrible.
2. San Jose - Lots of firepower, strong defence, questionable goaltending.
3. Vancouver - Practically every Canuck skater had career years last year. It won't happen again, but they still have great depth.
4. Detroit - Old but very deep. with Hudler back and a full year from Franzen they should be a serious threat.
5. LA - This is a team on the rise with great young talent. Quick is good enough.
6. Phoenix - good young team with no stars, but very good depth and great goaltending.
7. Calgary - Last year was a disaster, and I think that will be in their minds. They are certainly good enough to get here.
8. St. Louis - Defence is young but talented. Halak will help a great deal.
9. Anaheim - They have the talent to get this far. A bit more consistency would go a long way.
10. Colorado - Even with Craig Anderson playing out of his mind, making the playoffs was a challenge. Victim of the numers game here.
11. Nashville - With Trotz behind the bench they will always be tough to play against
12. Dallas - Good young talent coming through the system, but the defensive depth isn't there. Lehtonen will help though.
13. Minnesota - chronic injury problems to best offensive players and general lack of depth. Without insulation, Backstrom has been average at best.
14. Columbus - Depends how Steve Mason does. Maybe for the first time since Rick Nash one of their incredibly talented young forwards will live up to potential.
15. Edmonton - Last for now, but not for long.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Another day, another 'attempt' by TSN to prove that they aren't biased towards the Leafs. This is of course after they make it seem like the Leafs won the Cup by beating Montreal last night. If I ever wrote a book, it'd be called 'A Hockey Fan in Leafs Country: How to Survive as a Sens Fan in Toronto'.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:30 PM
How bad is the bias of the Leafs up in Canada? Around here in the US, NBC has a huge bias to the Flyers, Penguins, Red Wings, and Rangers. I swear that hell will freeze before they ever show a Canadian hockey team.