Old 10-08-2010, 03:14 PM
The Canadian public broadcasting channel is essentially a PR firm for them. It's like state-sponsored propaganda for a privately owned organization.

Last edited by outsyder; 10-08-2010 at 03:39 PM..
Old 10-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxeGrinder View Post
Another day, another 'attempt' by TSN to prove that they aren't biased towards the Leafs. This is of course after they make it seem like the Leafs won the Cup by beating Montreal last night. If I ever wrote a book, it'd be called 'A Hockey Fan in Leafs Country: How to Survive as a Sens Fan in Toronto'.
umm.... TSN predicted the Leafs 13th and I haven't seen one expert pick them higher than 10th.

I liked what I saw from last night this is different team than at the start of last year defensively we look better(although it was bad on both goals) I thought overall we were really good blocking shots and out god awful penalty killing the last 2 years picked up from the end of last year I really like Sjostrom and Versteeg. Versteeg is probably going to be my favourite player this year can play the power play, penalty kill, everything and he looked great

Sure we don't have the depth that some of these other teams in the East do but there's no way we will be as awful as last year.

As for Montreal this is going to be a long year I can see it Price just dosen't look right I know the first goal wasn't his fault with a tip in but he doesn't look like he can steal the games like Halak did last year and this team that just barely made the playoffs and I see the crowd in Montreal turning on him in about a month when Montreal is way under .500 and I still see this team being one of the 5-10 worst teams in the league this year.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Wow I know the Sens played last night but jesus the Leafs really played well and made them look really pathetic tonight if it wasn't for Leclaire it would have been way worse than 5-1 it seemed like he was the only player there that showed up for Ottawa tonight.

The Leafs top line looks really dangerous I really like Versteeg and I'm really liking how much better this team looks compared to the past 2 years of course having an actual goalie who doesn't allow crappy goals and look like a sieve for the first time in 6 years also helps as well although we could have won this with any goalie the way the Sens played tonight.

On the jersey from tonight liked the retro jerseys from Vancouver and LA tonight(even thought I'd rather LA go back to their early 90s jerseys) as for Buffalo I like that they are back to their old logo and their oldf jerseys but did they have to have an alternate jersey. I'd rather them just have the old blue and white road and home jerseys.

Also like the retro Flyers road jerseys as well to match the retro home jerseys they wore last year and continue this year as well.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Nicklas Hjalmarsson gets 2 games for hitting Jason Pominville into the boards giving him a concussion.

I give up..........
Old 10-14-2010, 12:32 AM
Anyone else pissed off about this season so far?
Old 10-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Quote:
It's been weird, but remember, Edmonton started out 6-2-1 last year.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
I'm actually kind of happy this season so far Clarke MaCarthur 4 goals and tied for the lead in goals. I'm sure it won't lastbut its definatley nice to see and seeing games like last night reminds me how nice it is to get good goaltending since these were games Toskala couldn't steal for us on a constant basis the last 2 years.

It definatley makes a difference.

Oh and nice to see Montreal lose these were the types of games that they would win last year draw a questionable penalty and score to tie and win in overtime.

It;s nice for karma to finally bite them on the ass
Old 10-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Don't anyone count out my Devils, yet. They always start out slow as they get used to losing yet another huge player every year.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Don't anyone count out my Devils, yet. They always start out slow as they get used to losing yet another huge player every year.
Not counting them out yet but the poor start and the injures and not being able to dress a full lineup is concerning.

I'm sure Brodeur will turn it around and won't be this bad all year but a bad start can kill your year

I know this from the Leafs going 0-7-1 to start last year and never really recovered

The Sens are hitting there their goaltending has actually been not too bad to start the year but the rest of the team god they were awful in almost every game except their only win against Carolina.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:10 AM
What's going on with Toronto ? They had a great start with 4 wins in a row .... but now they lost there last 7 games.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:46 AM
I saw that Sean Avery cheap shot against the Oilers the other day. Avery sucker punches a guy with a visor. DUH! Then the rest of his line has to get involved in a scrum as he gets taken off the ice. I doubt the Rangers are happy with him, again.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratlehed View Post
I saw that Sean Avery cheap shot against the Oilers the other day. Avery sucker punches a guy with a visor. DUH! Then the rest of his line has to get involved in a scrum as he gets taken off the ice. I doubt the Rangers are happy with him, again.
The sad part is he gets away with it. I swear if anybody deserves to get cheap shotted is him.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Sean Avery is a fucking goon. Not that there anything wrong with that but what Sean did against the Oilers was just him being dirty.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Red Wings are doing really good so far. Against the Flames the other night, they score to tie it with 3 seconds. Then Lidstrom pulls a great move on Kiprusoff and gets the game winner in OT.

I think the Olympics last year really wore down Det.. I think they'll be more consitent this year. Hopefully Howard proves to be a stable goalie.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Well, Hossa (on the Hawks) is out for another fucking 2-3 weeks!

Hopefully, the rest of the team can pick up the slack...but first they need to learn how to communicate with one another. That only seems to happen when they have Crawford in the net. Maybe John Scott should just fight everyone and knock out the entire team.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3vG3ZTxQ68

I just saw this on the Huffington Post today and this is something we don't see often in hockey. Sorry but I don't feel that bad for the goalie.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:19 PM
That's a pretty cheap move. The D should have been on him though.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:39 AM
WOW! Very quiet NHL boards these days. I really don't like what I have been reading from the boys at ESPN about my Devils. I have read worst team and front office in the NHL. How fucking rude! Yeah, they are hurting pretty bad these days, but how quickly they forget how successful this team has been for the last alomst 20 years. I think a team with that kind of success is allowed to faulter without being called the worst run team. Locally, the Rangers were a joke for basically 10-15 years and the Islanders are a continuing joke for the last 20.

The worst part is the Devils lost at least one star player every year to free agency and have for at least the last 5 years. No team in NHL history could have said that and still have been great like the Devils. SO a big Fuck you ESPN!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:05 AM
Yeah, I tried posting in here to get next to no replies, so I stopped.

I'm just happy my Hawks won in a shutout...against the Islanders nonetheless, who have been quite possibly the weirdest team in the NHL lately, with beating the Penguins, the Capitals, the Red Wings, and the Avalanche consecutively these past games. Crawford got his first shutout for the season and second for his career, and this the first time we've beat the Islanders since 2002...9 fucking years!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
WOW! Very quiet NHL boards these days. I really don't like what I have been reading from the boys at ESPN about my Devils. I have read worst team and front office in the NHL. How fucking rude! Yeah, they are hurting pretty bad these days, but how quickly they forget how successful this team has been for the last alomst 20 years. I think a team with that kind of success is allowed to faulter without being called the worst run team. Locally, the Rangers were a joke for basically 10-15 years and the Islanders are a continuing joke for the last 20.

The worst part is the Devils lost at least one star player every year to free agency and have for at least the last 5 years. No team in NHL history could have said that and still have been great like the Devils. SO a big Fuck you ESPN!
lol the screw up was the Kovalchuk contract and the lack of D is finally catching up to them after a few years and with them having cap troubles the Kovalchuk contract is likely going to cost them their best player Zack Parise his injury dosen't help
Old 01-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
lol the screw up was the Kovalchuk contract and the lack of D is finally catching up to them after a few years and with them having cap troubles the Kovalchuk contract is likely going to cost them their best player Zack Parise his injury dosen't help
Zack was leaving no matter what. They lose at least one star a year. I would like to know how other teams can over pay for a star and not have cap problems. The Flyers, Detriot and Rangers buy need people every year.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Zack was leaving no matter what. They lose at least one star a year. I would like to know how other teams can over pay for a star and not have cap problems. The Flyers, Detriot and Rangers buy need people every year.
By buring their cap problems in the minors the Rangers buried Wade Redden's contract in the minors the Leafs did the same with Jeff Finger and the Devils did that with a couple contracts a few years ago and not that the Oilers needed the cap space but they did the same with Sheldon Souray. As long as the player isn't 35 when they signed the contract you can bury the contract in the minors and not have it count against the salary cap.

Detroit hasn't really gone on a huge free agent spending spree the past couple years since they are right tied up to the salary cap

The Flyers did that with signing Pronger and getting Mesaros but they needed to trade Simon Gagne this year they don't have much cap space and won't have much next year either which is why both of their goalies make about less than $1 million
Old 01-20-2011, 01:58 PM
On the other end of things, you could be a team like the Kings, which had to spend to meet the cap floor. Surprising, given the amount of talent the team has, and even more surprising that the team is struggling at the moment. Then again, the whole Western Conference is weird...
Old 01-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Quote:
On the other end of things, you could be a team like the Kings, which had to spend to meet the cap floor. Surprising, given the amount of talent the team has, and even more surprising that the team is struggling at the moment. Then again, the whole Western Conference is weird...
You could be 4th or 5th in the West and a 4 or 5 game losing streak will put you in 9th or 10th place the West is that close it feels weird seeing LA and San Jose out of the top 8 right now considering the talent on both teams
Old 01-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Anyone else kind of 'meh' with the new All-Star Game format?
Old 01-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Kind of, but the prospect of the Sedins playing against each other entices me. Had Crosby played and ended up on the same team as Ovechkin, that would have also been fun to see.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:45 AM
It's different I'm intrigued to see how this turns out would have been more interested for sure if Crosby was able to play.

I'm not able to watch the All-Star game on sunday due to work I'm always pumped for the skills competition more than anything.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm guessing I'm in the minority for Team Lidstrom, right?
Old 01-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clever guy View Post
I'm guessing I'm in the minority for Team Lidstrom, right?
not really I think between the two teams Lidstrom's team looks better. I'll probably be cheering for them since Kessel is on there.

I work and have no chance at seeing this anyways
Old 01-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Team Lidstrom is much better.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Well, that's a relief! Everywhere I look (even on MFC), I see stuff for Team Staal. Looks like there's a few more people on my side, haha.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:50 PM
NHL all-star game was another snooze fest. They changed the team formula this year but that didnt help. Actually , i think it was worse. Players are just phoning it in.

Skill contest was the only good part of that weekend.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:03 PM
At least Patrick Sharp got MVP.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
NHL all-star game was another snooze fest. They changed the team formula this year but that didnt help. Actually , i think it was worse. Players are just phoning it in.

Skill contest was the only good part of that weekend.
Thats usually the case not only with the NHL but pretty much every All-Star game in the NHL or in the other sports.

I'm pretty sure the NFL's one today was just as much of snoozefest as well.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Boston VS Dallas last night : 3 fights in the first 4 seconds of the game lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu5B2vNq0GE
Old 02-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Devils
Old 02-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyfrog View Post
Boston VS Dallas last night : 3 fights in the first 4 seconds of the game lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu5B2vNq0GE
Missed the game but just saw and heard about this morning. One of my teachers said that hockey has more fights now than ever. I'm pretty sure all of us hockey fans know that this isn't true(see the 70's for hockey and come back to me if you think today game has too much fighting).
Old 02-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@$$ View Post
Missed the game but just saw and heard about this morning. One of my teachers said that hockey has more fights now than ever. I'm pretty sure all of us hockey fans know that this isn't true(see the 70's for hockey and come back to me if you think today game has too much fighting).
lol the people who said that never saw the 70s I was never born then though but I've seen enough Flyers highlights from the 70s to know.

BTW saw that Bruins-Stars highlights those fights were brewing from 2 incidents Steve Ott decking Gregory Campbell as a member of the Florida Panthers last year and Steve Ott decking a Bruins player a couple years ago(can't remember who) so thats what that was from.

Never seen that before to start a game.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Marc Savard is out for the season. Fuck, this guy is injury prone. I have heard that he will send text during end of periods according to NESN.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:49 AM
It's not because he's injury prone, but because Matt Cooke is a piece of shit.