Old 02-09-2011, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsyder View Post
It's not because he's injury prone, but because Matt Cooke is a piece of shit.
agreed he was generally healthy his entire career until that hit happenned and Cooke tried to take Ovechkin out why hasn't someone taken his head off yet? Seriously

BTW you know you're bad when you have lost 10 straight and you're 1 point ahead of the Islanders and 2 points ahead of Edmonton. Yes I'm referring to Ottawa they need to blow it up and start over the peoblem is they have 2 disaster of a contracts they can't get out of (Spezza, Gonchar) BTW I said the Gonchar contract would be a big mistake but not this quickly.

They need to clear contracts out and get picks and prospects unfortunatley that may mean Mike Fisher I love the guy he's a big heart player who gives it his all but this team needs to get younger and somehow get a good goalie because neither of Leclaire, Elliot, Brodeur or whoever else they have tried and nothing has worked.

I feel bad for Alfredsson who has spent his career in Ottawa and likely will stay there until he retires and I think deserves a chance to get a stanley cup but only I think if managment proposes it to him because he dosen't have too many years left maybe 3 or 4 and it ain't happening in Ottawa.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
It's not because he's injury prone, but because Matt Cooke is a piece of shit.
Haha, that too.

And man, the West is looking close. And the Blackhawks might not even make it this year. Vancouver and Tample Bay are teams to watch out for. Los Angeles is looking worse then I thought but I still think there a bright future in that team. And OT but do any of you hockey fans go to HfBoards forums?

Last edited by John@$$; 02-09-2011 at 01:38 PM..
Old 02-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Tb and Philly are doing better than i expected
Old 02-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Two first rounders now. Not too shabby.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Save us again, number 99!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Devils
Old 02-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Devils
You just wonder where this was the first half of the season.

Also liking the trades Burke is doing the first 2 getting Gardiner, Lupul, 1st and 3rd round picks for Versteeg and Bauchemin and Kaberle maybe to Boston wonder what we would get back.

Nice haul for the Sens a 2nd rounder for Chris Kelly I think is a good trade for them.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Devils.

First half of the season attention was devoted to the Giants and football.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:51 PM
This is amazing about 6 weeks ago New Jersey was 27 points out of a playoff spot now they are 12 points.

If they somehow get in it will be one of the most unbelieveable things I've ever seen I don't see it though unfortunatley

BTW How close is the West after Detroit from 3rd to 11th is separated by 5 points its unreal.

Like I can pretty much make a case for any of the top 8 to come out of the West I can't really say that about the East. In the East I can make a case for 3 teams at least maybe 4 if that.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
This is amazing about 6 weeks ago New Jersey was 27 points out of a playoff spot now they are 12 points.

If they somehow get in it will be one of the most unbelieveable things I've ever seen I don't see it though unfortunatley

BTW How close is the West after Detroit from 3rd to 11th is separated by 5 points its unreal.

Like I can pretty much make a case for any of the top 8 to come out of the West I can't really say that about the East. In the East I can make a case for 3 teams at least maybe 4 if that.
Not only to the Devils have a shot to make the playoffs, they might make 7th seed. As of 3/3/11 they are 10 points out of a playoff spot. That team is the Rangers, who is going down faster than the Devils are going up. They also have 3 games in hand compared to the Rangers. Win those 3 and the Devils are now 4 points out.

True, Toronto and Buffalo are playing well, while Carolina and the Rangers are dropping and the Devils are 7 and 8 pionts behind those two teams. The Devils next game is against the Penguins and then 6 games are against Atlanta, the Islanders and Ottawa. Then they close with 12 games and one each against Buffalo, Toronto and the Rangers. They also have 2 games in hand against Toronto and Carolina. They win those games in hand and it is a very tight race.

The defense and goaltending has been awesome. Kovalchuk is earning his money and his worth every night. Parise might play for the last 6 or 7 games and would be a great additon for the playoffs. They keep playing this way and I can't say that I would count them out.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Ahh, same old story. Toronto always makes this late playoff run.

I get excited.

They miss out by a few points.

Not getting any hopes up, but after some bone-headed moves, Burke seems to be getting a good group together, finally finding their chemistry. A small glimmer of hope after so many gloomy years.

We'll see how they hold up down the final stretch here.

But hey, what a great couple of back-to-back wins!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:10 AM
I'm pretty happy to see my Blackhawks back in the game. For a while, I was quite worried with them not playing like the team they were for the past couple years. And now 6 in a row?! Yup...things are looking up once again...
Old 03-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Not only to the Devils have a shot to make the playoffs, they might make 7th seed. As of 3/3/11 they are 10 points out of a playoff spot. That team is the Rangers, who is going down faster than the Devils are going up. They also have 3 games in hand compared to the Rangers. Win those 3 and the Devils are now 4 points out.

True, Toronto and Buffalo are playing well, while Carolina and the Rangers are dropping and the Devils are 7 and 8 pionts behind those two teams. The Devils next game is against the Penguins and then 6 games are against Atlanta, the Islanders and Ottawa. Then they close with 12 games and one each against Buffalo, Toronto and the Rangers. They also have 2 games in hand against Toronto and Carolina. They win those games in hand and it is a very tight race.

The defense and goaltending has been awesome. Kovalchuk is earning his money and his worth every night. Parise might play for the last 6 or 7 games and would be a great additon for the playoffs. They keep playing this way and I can't say that I would count them out.
The problem iwith the Devils is that both the Leafs and Buffalo are playing well at the moment. Leafs are 10-2-4 in their last 16 and Buffalo also has 3 games in hand on the Rangers and 2 on almost everyone else. And Carolina seems to pick it up again winning 3 straight games.

If you go by that it pretty much takes 90 points to get in the margin for error for the Devils is very very slim and they pretty much have to play .900 hockey the rest of the season. I don't really see that happening.

Great to see the Leafs pick it up though and play like I thought this team was going to play and it took trading 3 players for that to happen haha. Reimer is a huge part of that though I'm impressed and I think he's for real. He reminds me of the type of goalie Ed Belfour was.

If we make it great if not at least we aren't giving Boston an embarrasing top 5 draft pick again
Old 03-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
The problem iwith the Devils is that both the Leafs and Buffalo are playing well at the moment. Leafs are 10-2-4 in their last 16 and Buffalo also has 3 games in hand on the Rangers and 2 on almost everyone else. And Carolina seems to pick it up again winning 3 straight games.

If you go by that it pretty much takes 90 points to get in the margin for error for the Devils is very very slim and they pretty much have to play .900 hockey the rest of the season. I don't really see that happening.

Great to see the Leafs pick it up though and play like I thought this team was going to play and it took trading 3 players for that to happen haha. Reimer is a huge part of that though I'm impressed and I think he's for real. He reminds me of the type of goalie Ed Belfour was.

If we make it great if not at least we aren't giving Boston an embarrasing top 5 draft pick again
It would help is Philly would not tank all the games of teams we need them to beat. Fuckers!

DEVILS!!!!!!!!

Buf will make it in. Carolina is all, but out. Rangers are going down and out. Devils hold 3 games in hand and if they win all three they are only 4 points off the Rangers.

I only worry about Toronto. They are hot, but I hope they cool off enough for the Devils to pass them by. Plus, they have 1 game in hand on them and only 3 points behind as of now. Forget about the 90 points. They might all get near there, but that is not the number or thing to think about. The games in hand and current numbers are all that matters. There are also a few teams in the east really getting killed right now. Would not surprise me if one of them completely loses it and falls out as others pass them by. Prob not, but the season is full of ups and downs.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Quote:
It would help is Philly would not tank all the games of teams we need them to beat. Fuckers!

DEVILS!!!!!!!!

Buf will make it in. Carolina is all, but out. Rangers are going down and out. Devils hold 3 games in hand and if they win all three they are only 4 points off the Rangers.

I only worry about Toronto. They are hot, but I hope they cool off enough for the Devils to pass them by. Plus, they have 1 game in hand on them and only 3 points behind as of now. Forget about the 90 points. They might all get near there, but that is not the number or thing to think about. The games in hand and current numbers are all that matters. There are also a few teams in the east really getting killed right now. Would not surprise me if one of them completely loses it and falls out as others pass them by. Prob not, but the season is full of ups and downs.
How do you think I feel seeing Buffalo and the Rangers win this weekend has turned being 3 points back into 5 now.

Also one thing to keep in mind is this

Regulation wins

New York Rangers 24
Toronto Maple Leafs 23
New Jersey Devils: 22
Buffalo Sabres: 22
Carolina Hurricanes: 19

Its the top tiebreaker just incase anybody is wondering and as for the West I believe LA is the team is the most screwed by it if they end up tied with anybody in the West
Old 03-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Sickening hit on Pacorietty on Tuesday and having a fracture vertebrae and a severe concussion and might never play again and Chara gets nothing for it NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

And the league wonders why they have a problem with concussions because hits like this happen and the league does nothing about it.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:19 AM
I didn't think it was as bad as it looked, but I expected maybe a few games.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:42 PM
.500 for the Devils. What a fucking turn around. Who gets coach of the year if they make the playoffs? JL! Who deserves the Hart trophy? The $100 million dollar man!

What a magical ride! I cant wait to see how it ends!

My prayers go out to all those in Japan. Any hot young ladies ages 18-25 are welcome to come stay with me.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
.500 for the Devils. What a fucking turn around. Who gets coach of the year if they make the playoffs? JL! Who deserves the Hart trophy? The $100 million dollar man!

What a magical ride! I cant wait to see how it ends!

My prayers go out to all those in Japan. Any hot young ladies ages 18-25 are welcome to come stay with me.
Its quite the run dont see them making it since Toronto, Buffalo and the Rangers keep winning.

Despite that Lemaire has to get consideration for coach of the year for this turnaround
Old 03-23-2011, 11:33 PM
OK Slim left the building. I hope they finish over .500 and I will be happy considering the first half.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:44 PM
2 losses to the Sens within 2 weeks. We're both unhappy about that.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Quote:
2 losses to the Sens within 2 weeks. We're both unhappy about that.
I don't know what it is about that team, but they got their first point and win off us when they started out. The second half ride was fun. At least they don't go down as a joke for this year. Kinda reminds me of Tin Cup.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:05 PM
ANOTHER WIN FOR THE CANUCKS WOO HOO
Old 03-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Rangers and Bruins. Big game. I'm excited.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:43 PM
OMG MY VANCOUVER CANUCKS BEAT LA 3-1 TO CLINCH THE PRESIDENT'S TROPHY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE TEAM'S 40 YEAR HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Hawks vs Canucks Round 1. Wow this should probably be an epic series. I would have rather played Dallas but this gives the Canucks the chance to prove that they are a much different team than the last 2 years. Really wish we had Manny though.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm sure the Hawks wish they still had Buff. I bet Luongo still gets nightmares about being smothered by a massive pair of hockey pants.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:37 PM
HfBoards poll question of don't care who wins the Cup, as long as it's NOT...

Washington 16 3.60%
Philly 17 3.83%
Boston 44 9.91%
Montreal 40 9.01%
Buffalo 6 1.35%
New York Rangers 20 4.50%
Tampa Bay 1 0.23%
Pittsburgh 39 8.78%
Vancouver 128 28.83%
Detroit 25 5.63%
Chicago 71 15.99%
Los Angeles 9 2.03%
Anaheim 8 1.80%
San Jose 13 2.93%
Phoenix/Nashville 7 1.58
Old 04-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Wow the bruins are awful.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Wow the bruins are awful.
Yeah, and it won't look better sadly. Fucking habs .
Old 04-22-2011, 02:25 PM
I have zero clue what has happened to the Canucks. They look lost out there and have completely changed everything that was working. They were hitting everything in their path for the first 3 games and now look scared. Luongo looks to be rattled too. I can't see them blowing a 3-0 lead, but if they do I might be done with hockey for awhile.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey2Dope View Post
I have zero clue what has happened to the Canucks. They look lost out there and have completely changed everything that was working. They were hitting everything in their path for the first 3 games and now look scared. Luongo looks to be rattled too. I can't see them blowing a 3-0 lead, but if they do I might be done with hockey for awhile.
I have absolutely NO problem with what's been going on with them. I'm glad the Hawks finally decided to play some fucking hockey. But yeah, Luongo has definitely been getting rattled...especially after leaving the ice two games in a row.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:33 PM
http://arenadigest.com/201104223224/...-coyotes-lease

Goldwater Institute: We still oppose Coyotes lease

rena-management fees and a financing plan for Matthew Hulsizer to buy the Phoenix Coyotes from the NHL are still under debate in Glendale, as reps from the Goldwater Institute continue their fight to scuttle the deal in the name of fiscal responsibility.

The deal, which calls for Glendale to pay Hulsizer $97 million to manage Jobing.com Arena and basically give him $100 million to buy the Coyotes, is opposed by the Goldwater Institute (and plenty of locals, we should add) as an affront to a clause in the state constitution barring a direct gift to benefit an individual. If the plan goes forward, Goldwater Foundation say they will sue.

The deal is remarkably sweet: GWI officials point out that the New Orleans Saints receive $1 million a year to administer the Superdome; AEG receives a base management fee of $1.53 million to run Minneapolis's Target Center as well as the proceeds of a revenue-sharing deal, a deal that's far less than the $19.4 million Glendale wants to pay Hulsizer. GWI officials suggest opening the arena-management contract to bid.

It doesn't sound like GWI is opposed to any arena deal: it's opposed to this arena deal, and with good reason -- it's surely the most one-sided arena-management deal ever presented. What's surprising is how stubborn Glendale officials are in defending this deal: we understand the desire to keep the Coyotes, but it makes no sense to work to keep them at such a high price, especially when there are private sources of funding from Tohono O’odham Nation, which is willing to look at a purchase of the arena or even the Coyotes.

The arena deal as it stand right now will certainly die in court and draw out the Coyotes drama. It's time for both Glendale officials and NHL leaders to realize the realities of the situation and come up with a new financing plan that relies less on public money. Reports indicate the NHL is indeed exploring private-financing options, which could draw this drama to a close this summer.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Fucking epic. Go HAWKS!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Fucking epic. Go HAWKS!
That was quite possibly one of the biggest "edge of your seat" games since the Stanley Cup last year.

Actually, it was the biggest "edge of your seat" since last years Stanley.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:46 AM
Come on Hawks, you can do it. Make the Nukes choke that even makes last year Bruins choke look like Stanley Cup winning.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clever guy View Post
That was quite possibly one of the biggest "edge of your seat" games since the Stanley Cup last year.

Actually, it was the biggest "edge of your seat" since last years Stanley.
It was quite the epic game. I gotta give credit to the Hawks for finding a way to win it as Vancouver was all over them for the last 2 periods. Unfortunately the 2 Schneider giveaways coupled with the Burrows shot off the post in the second on the PP and the Higgins shot off the post with under 5 to go in the 3rd all contributed to the loss.

I honestly think if Chicago wins tomorrow that it will be the biggest collapse in sports history. I always thought that would belong to the Yankees blowing the 3-0 series lead to the Red Sox, but given all the factors of this series, it would be mindblowing for the Canucks to lose.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey2Dope View Post
It was quite the epic game. I gotta give credit to the Hawks for finding a way to win it as Vancouver was all over them for the last 2 periods. Unfortunately the 2 Schneider giveaways coupled with the Burrows shot off the post in the second on the PP and the Higgins shot off the post with under 5 to go in the 3rd all contributed to the loss.

I honestly think if Chicago wins tomorrow that it will be the biggest collapse in sports history. I always thought that would belong to the Yankees blowing the 3-0 series lead to the Red Sox, but given all the factors of this series, it would be mindblowing for the Canucks to lose.
Agreed. With Schneider now out, I think the Hawks have a chance. Sure, Luongo is a fantastic goalie, but his cage is obviously rattled. The fact that the game is taking place on their home ice must be really pressing for them. Sure, they'll have home-ice advantage, but I think the pressure might cause them to crack. I just hope at least one of the Sedin twins gets taken out.

Although, now we have Bickell out for at least 6-8 weeks (pretty much the rest of the post-season) due to hand surgery from an injury in Game 2. It's one big guy off our team that we need, but luckily we Have John Scott to put on the ice for a couple minutes to take some people out. He's a shitty skater, passer, and overall hockey player, but I'll be damned if he ain't a brute force on skates.

In any case, it's going to be a damned good game. GO HAWKS!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Fucking epic. Go HAWKS!

hope they enjoy the golfing hehe
Old 04-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Talk about an exciting game. Sure, we lost, but it was a damn good battle with Toews scoring a last minute goal on Vancouver's PP. Damn good series.

It looks like I'll be rooting for the Preds to pull through. I was worried about them facing us if we won (the Hawks), since they're the hardest team for us to beat.