Old 06-25-2003, 02:53 PM
TUTORIAL! How To Post A Picture In Your Review

OK, Schmoes. I had a request from a Schmoe friend on the board on how to post pictures in his reviews, so I thought I'd be kind enough to share the secret with you all!

OK, let's say you've written a review of The Pianist and wanted to put a piccie of Adrien Brody (who I know gets the heart of at least one of our female Schmoes racing! ) into it.

First thing you need to do is find a picture of Mr Brody somewhere on the internet, and as luck would have it, JoBlo has a piccie on his review on this very site! So, what we effectively have to do is to put a link into your review to tell it to look at the site where the picture is and 'pull' the piccie through from there. OK?

Right, we need to go to JoBlo's review page, here (click) and then right click on the picture of Adrien (or Ade to his friends). This will bring up a list of options, of which we want the bottom one, Properties.

Left click on Properties and you will be presented with another grey box! About half way down you'll see Address URL, which is basically where this picture 'lives' on the internet. Highlight the address - in this case http://www.joblo.com/images2/picpianist.jpg. Right click on this and select Copy.

OK, next go back to your review and at the point in your review where you want the picture, click on the IMG button in the vB Code panel above the grey Message box. This will bring up another box which will have a white address line with http:// highlighted already. Right click anywhere in this white box and select Paste. This will place the address of the picture into your message text and there you have it! A piccie in your review!

Hope this helps!

(Should look something like this.............)
Old 06-25-2003, 02:57 PM
Thanks man, I was wondering about that for like a year.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by rushmore beauty
Thanks man, I was wondering about that for like a year.
same here
Old 06-25-2003, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Fettdog
OK, let's say you've written a review of The Pianist and wanted to put a piccie of Adrien Brody (who I know gets the heart of at least one of our female Schmoes racing! ) into it.
You mean...like this?

OK...now my heart is officially racing.

Thanks for the lesson, Fett!