Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Books/Comics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2003, 11:43 PM
Comic Collectors: Most valuable and or important comics you own?

Not valuable in terms of sentimental value or anything, but the comic that's worth the most. The comic(s) don't have to be in excellent condition, just base your pick on what they would be worth if they were in mint condition.

I have a few treasures that I adore (I bought them all mostly just to have a little piece of comic history, not for the $ amount truthfully. My comic collection is priceless to me, I don't care how much they're worth, but I thought this might be interesting!)

And what I mean by interesting is, like, a first apperance of a major character or something. I made a short list (I have a few more) to share:

X-Men #4 (1st Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Toad & Mastermind) $1000

X-Men #121 (1st Alpha Flight) $100

Wolverine Limited Series #1 $60.00

Wolverine Origin #1 45.00

Avengers #8 (1st Kang) $250

Avengers #12 $150

Avengers #13 (1st Count Nefaria) $150

Ultimates #1 $10

Ultimate X-Men #1 $35

Daredevil #181 ("death" of Elektra) $75

Daredevil Vol. 2 #1 $30

Amazing Spider-Man #194 (1st Black Cat) $30

JLA CGC Grade 9.4 $14 (non CGC graded)

Green Arrow Vol. 3 #1 $15

Silver Surfer #1 $250 (last time I checked)

Fantastic Four #5 (1st Doctor Doom) $3780

Fantastic Four #48 (1st Silver Surfer) $1225

Not many, but I hope one day to get many more. I love owning a little piece of comic history, you know?

Like, I think about the recent Daredevil movie and the death of Elektra in it, and I think "I own that idea when it was originally on paper". Things like that make me happy... loser, I know!
Old 08-01-2003, 07:00 AM
I don't really have issues, except unvaluable ones...Here in France they publish the important stuff as big editions regrouping several issues. I got a collector's edition of the Dark Phoenix Saga and one of the Death of Superman saga, though, maybe those will have some value in a few years.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:31 PM
Umm... I've got an

Uncanny X-men #1

The dealer wrote a date on the cover, but it's still probably a $600+ comic, also

Somehow, I've acquired 3 Daredevil #168's (Elektra; one is a CGC 9.0), but

Most of my stuff is for reading only & isn't worth all that much

Hey, what actually did happen in Origin (wolverine 1-6)? I'm intellectually curious, but not so much that I'd pay $80.

Last edited by Nekretaal; 08-04-2003 at 03:16 PM..
Old 08-02-2003, 12:06 AM
I don't own many comics, so I will just say that there is a series of comics that I loved to no end and I think I will die with this at my number one in years to come. The X-Men's Age Of Apocalypse. WOW! What a great spinoff, completely changed the face of MARVEL comics for a couple months. So intricate and powerful...I have never read any comics that were even close to being as enjoyable as this set
Old 08-02-2003, 01:03 AM
Everyone laughs at me when I tell them my comics are going to be at my side until I die!!

I am never ever getting rid of any of them. I own them for a reason, I love them.

People always say "well, why don't you sell the more expensive ones?" and they don't get the fact that I have them because I love them! I own a little piece of history, they're special to me!

Screw what they're worth (which kind of makes this thread moot actually! ) I have them because I love them.

I agree Rated R, The Age of Apocalypse storyline was AMAZING. There have been very few times where I've actually been anticipating for an entire month for the next issue to come out.

The only other storylines I feel so strongly about are The Dark Pheonix Saga, the Korvac Saga (in Avengers), the recent Ultron storyline in Avengers (issues 19 - 22 I believe) and the upcoming Avengers vs. JLA.
Old 08-02-2003, 03:10 AM
I only buy Trade Paperbacks of comics, so none of them are really that expensive. Unless you count Dark Knight Returns being worth $20
Old 08-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarface98.9
Unless you count Dark Knight Returns being worth $20
Oh yeah, I got that one too.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:36 PM
I've got a few:

Complete Wolverine Limited Series (bought it for $25!!!) heheheh

Alpha Flight #1

X-Men/Teen Titans crossover

Spawn #1

And too many more to mention...I'm not sure how much these are worth, but I wouldn't sell 'em anyway.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:29 PM
my west coast avengers 4 book set,THE first 4 ever made.