Old 01-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bullet Tooth Tony

The Official FA Comment

Chuckling to himself the FA spokesman added "The goal had to be disallowed to avoid us descending down a slippery slope that would be bad for the national game. It's a fine line the officials have to walk. If theyaward a
goal this week, next week someone might expect a penalty or ask that Van Nistleroy be booked for diving. Can you imagine? That would just never do. No no no. Shocking, just the thought of it."

That shite decision cost me £500 in a bet. The fuckers! Spurs were 7/1 in my accumulator!

(Just to sum up. I didn't put £500 on a 7/1 shot. I put a pound on eight games and Spurs not winning cost me my return of half a grand )
Old 01-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh yesh! I'm back...you probably have noticed my absence from this thread this season(Starting next month I will have access to this computer a lot more as it is being moved to my home! Woohoo...) but fear not I have been watching my EPL when I can...CL on ESPN etc. and as you may have guessed I am basking in what is a healthy 10 point lead for my Blues who are on top of the football world at the moment. It means nothing!!!! if they don't finish it off and also have a strong finish in the FA Cup and the CL. I am more afraid of Man U. than Arsenal right now...Man U. have a full squad and are playing great so once again those meetings with Man U. and Arsenal will be huge as they were last season! Lets hope they beat each other up this coming weekend.You have pry talked Chelsea to death this year and pry sick of all the praise they get!!! muahahahahaha...two things I'll say Arjen Robben has been the signing of the season no doubt(I excluded him from my Chelsea season preview and right now I think John Terry is one of the best defenders in football period...he is the anchor of that stingy defense.
That's all for now...oh and one more thing I'm getting a Frank Lampard jersey for my B-day too!
Old 02-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Manchester United 4 - 2 Arsenal
So, i hope arsene wenger and all arsenal fans out there learnt a lesson, ok ..... poor fucks, and in highbury too ?
Old 02-19-2005, 08:19 PM
So... what have I missed in this thread since my last visit?

Looking forward to the visit of Everton next weekend, a game that Villa are capable of winning as it's a home game. We managed a 1-1 draw up on Merseyside earlier this season, and with home advantage, we could get all three points in this one.

I certainly hope we do.

It's good to see Luke Moore getting his chance now that Carlton "fucking useless" Cole is injured, long may his injury continue. The sooner he pisses back off to Chelsea, the better.

And with Vassell now back in action for the reserves, things are looking good!
Old 02-24-2005, 05:11 PM
We fuckin lost to a bloody italian team at old trafford, and the blame goes to that fucking ferguson for selling Butt and buying useless youngsters ( fortune,heinze and the bloody ronaldo ) that are good for nothing . FUCK THEM.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:22 PM
European football is starting to piss me off. Particularly Spain and just how fucking shamelessly racist the fans are. I mean, I remember when I asked my father why Freddy Rincon (a player from my country) didn't triumph in Real Madrid and he replied "because he was black", which I thought was funny but probably way off base.

But really. Now black players in the field get monkey sounds done by the crowd (WTF?), and I just saw a video clip of Thomas Gravesen being asked for a comment by an arab guy. Gravesen asks where the guy's from, and after the guy says he's from the middle east, Gravesen replies he doesn't have time for the middle east.

Goddamn it. Cut this bullshit out, Europe. It's not making you look good.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Heart Collector.
Particularly Spain and just how fucking shamelessly racist the fans are
The amount of racism from Spanish fans (and notice, I didn't say all Spanish fans!) over the past few months has been absolutely disgraceful. FIFA should step in on this, if they haven't already. It's disgusting and shouldn't be expected in this day and age.

Quote:
Originally posted by jason statham
We fuckin lost to a bloody italian team at old trafford
But you must remember, they are an incredible Italian team. I expected Milan to win 2-0. Even though they didn't, they still go into the game in Italy with the advantage. To be honest, I think United are out. It's going to have to be one heck of a performance to prove me wrong, especially at the San Siro.

Other CL games, well I'm happy that Barca beat Chelsea, and overjoyed that Arsenal got their arses handed to them on a silver platter. The Liverpool result surprised me, however they're probably the only one of the four English teams remaining in the CL that I don't really mind.

As for the Premiership today, here's hoping we beat Everton!
Old 02-26-2005, 07:38 PM
In a word...

OUCH!

Old 02-27-2005, 06:42 AM

Ok now we have some discussion!

TOTTENHAM 2 FULHAM 0

Good God what a boring game. That is all.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Manchester United 4 - 2 Arsenal
So, i hope arsene wenger and all arsenal fans out there learnt a lesson, ok ..... poor fucks, and in highbury too ?
I'm an Arsenal fan...are you calling me a poor fuck? Because I'll have you know I'm actually pretty wealthy, thank you very much.

Quote:
We fuckin lost to a bloody italian team at old trafford, and the blame goes to that fucking ferguson for selling Butt and buying useless youngsters ( fortune,heinze and the bloody ronaldo ) that are good for nothing . FUCK THEM.
I don't agree on this, though. Butt never impressed me lots, solid, but that's it. And yeah, Fortune isn't worth shit, but Heinze and Ronaldo? Heinze used to play here for PSG, my favorite French team, and since then he's been one of the best lateral defenders in the world in my opinion -- tough, smart, experienced, disciplined, and a fighter. As for Ronaldo, sure, he still needs a few years, but have you seen what that kid can do? He can do stuff in his sleep that Nicky Butt couldn't even picture in his dreams.

Man Utd lost 0-1 to the best Italian team in years. No shame in that. The guys beat Inter this weekend (who were undefeated until then), they have the best attacker in football this year (Schevchenko), and even when he's out as he was a week ago, they still have Kaka and Crespo in front. And one hell of a solid midfield, and a great defense.

People have been talking about Barca and Chelsea winning the Champions League this year. I agree on Barca, huge fan of theirs -- but I think Milan should be added to that short list. Terrific, terrific squad. And as much as I hate Man Utd, I got to give it to them -- they took just one goal against that team.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by James Logan

I don't agree on this, though. Butt never impressed me lots, solid, but that's it. And yeah, Fortune isn't worth shit, but Heinze and Ronaldo? Heinze used to play here for PSG, my favorite French team, and since then he's been one of the best lateral defenders in the world in my opinion -- tough, smart, experienced, disciplined, and a fighter. As for Ronaldo, sure, he still needs a few years, but have you seen what that kid can do? He can do stuff in his sleep that Nicky Butt couldn't even picture in his dreams.
allright rich fuck , that bloody ferguson rarely allowed nicky butt to play to show off his great talent and as you stated that you hate Man Utd, it means that you know a little bit about the players. Well, i hope nicky b. does great with newcastle to teach ferguson a lesson just like riquelme did with your beloved Barcelona who are going to get their ass kicked in stamford bridge
Old 03-05-2005, 09:32 AM
Aston Villa 2 0 Middlesbrough

Thank you Martin Laursen. Thank you Luke Moore.

That was definitely needed after last week's horror show!
Old 03-05-2005, 03:18 PM

Southampton 1 Tottenham

Inconsistent bastards!
Old 03-07-2005, 06:59 AM
Quote:
allright rich fuck , that bloody ferguson rarely allowed nicky butt to play to show off his great talent and as you stated that you hate Man Utd, it means that you know a little bit about the players. Well, i hope nicky b. does great with newcastle to teach ferguson a lesson just like riquelme did with your beloved Barcelona who are going to get their ass kicked in stamford bridge
Barcelona ain't getting nothing kicked this week. They'll wrap it up nicely, and Jose can feed us some bad loser behavior and fake tears again, the fucker.

As for the rest...I'd love Nicky Butt to teach Fergie a lesson. I hate Alex Ferguson. If you put Alex Ferguson in front of me, I'd punch him smack in the jaw -- as many times as I can before the cops take me away. It'd be worth it. So, yes indeed -- GO NICKY BUTT!
Old 03-08-2005, 07:56 AM
I just heard Jose Mourinho's latest antics, and fucking puh-leeze. I mean the guy is a great coach, and surely a very intelligent dude, but he must be the lowest, most despicable kind of human being involved in sports right now. He's just a lying, whining, pathetic, unfair bad loser. First there was the speech and the crocodile tears show in his press conference about his being sent off during the Liverpool cup game (you shush the fans and tell people to fuck off, you get sent off, what's so unfair about that, mister Bigshot?), and then there's his deliberate keeping on calling Riijkard and Frisk (a referee I personally hate, on a separate note) cheaters when the UEFA's established nothing happened. And now he calls the UEFA cheaters because they asked him to stop "putting pressure" on the official decisions, and he's acting like the whole world is against poor mistreated little him.

I agree with Johan Cruyff. Not only do I want Barcelona to win because I love them, but I want Chelsea to lose "for the good of football", as Cruyff put it. And to see what kind of sad show Mourinho'll put on next to act like it was a conspiracy against his sorry little hairy ass.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Well Milan went through

So did Chelsea

I really do pray that Chelsea do not win the CL.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Honestly?

I loved the Chelsea / Barcelona game. Great football, offensive football, open play, probably the best game I've seen in years. And then the 76th minute came by.

My kid brother is a Chelsea fan, and right before then, I was telling him -- "I don't even mind if Chelsea goes through right now, I'd rather see them lose, but if they can score another goal, they'll have fairly earned it." But having Carvalho pull Valdes down is NOT earning it. I hope no one's going to deny what happened -- it was on every shot, it was in every slow motion recap, it was obvious, and even Claude Makelele, in an interview with French TV, had to admit there was a foul and the goal shouldn't have been given.

The evening was fine until then. But Chelsea passing on such an example of bad play (can't blame Collina, it's never an easy thing to see on corner kicks, especially seeing how Valdes didn't dive but instead kept playing fair and going after the ball) spoiled it for me. The ball flew right next to Valdes, and as he was jumping to catch it, Carvalho pulled him back, pinned him away, and as soon as the ball hit the nets, he raised his hands in the classic football "I-know-I'm-guilty-but-I'll-fake-being-innocent" gesture.

Unfair ending to a beautiful game. Still, what a show.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:22 PM
Oh, and here's to the French club of Lyon -- who after beating German champ Werder Brêmen in Germany by the score of 3-0, finished the job with a magnificient 7-2 performance at home in France. True, Werder didn't play terrific football, and played very kamikaze-like (they had to, being three goals down), but what panache from a French club. Monaco did it last year beating Deportivo 8 to 3 -- if this can become a yearly thing, I'll be a happy man.

And kudos to Riijkard and Giuly, they're the only Barcelona players I've heard in interviews so far, and they didn't even mention the final goal, saying it was a great game, that anyone could've came out on top, and that that's football, there needed to be a loser. They're way more mature than I am (I'm still resentful ), so kudos to them, because this thing could've become ugly and pathetic again (still could, also why I'm praising them now, might not have the chance later).

Last edited by James Logan; 03-08-2005 at 05:24 PM..
Old 03-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Quote:
He's just a lying, whining, pathetic, unfair bad loser. First there was the speech and the crocodile tears show in his press conference about his being sent off during the Liverpool cup game (you shush the fans and tell people to fuck off, you get sent off, what's so unfair about that, mister Bigshot?), and then there's his deliberate keeping on calling Riijkard and Frisk (a referee I personally hate, on a separate note) cheaters when the UEFA's established nothing happened. And now he calls the UEFA cheaters because they asked him to stop "putting pressure" on the official decisions, and he's acting like the whole world is against poor mistreated little him.

i agree with you, hes a fucking bastard and about the barcelona/ chelsea game, all i can say that it was magnificent and talking about caravalho, what can you do, hes a bloody portuguese who was recommended by morinho so they are from the same filthy blood.

As for my beloved manchester, i ws kinda happy so that fergy learns a fucking lesson about trading/buying players......... i just hope that Chelsea wins the CL and lets all hope real shitty madrid loses so that showoff beckham can cry till death and all the other so called superstars learn a lesson in something they dont know shit about called Soccer
Old 03-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mattjk_17
Well Milan went through

So did Chelsea

I really do pray that Chelsea do not win the CL.
Me too. Great game last night but I Milan are probably the only team that can beat them. Barca let me down. Ronaldinho's second goal was
Old 03-09-2005, 05:30 PM
After a few dozen replays of Ronaldinho's second goal, I still couldn't lift my jaw from the ground.

Simply stunning.

I agree with you though Tony, Milan are probably the only team that can beat Chelsea. It'd be a hell of a game to watch.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Well, the two teams I were rooting for, Arsenal and Barcelona, are out, but they gave good fights. Shame, but hey, what can you do.

I do think Chelsea and Milan are the two most solid teams right now left in the CL, so all my hopes are on Milan whipping Mourinho's boys straight back home as soon as the teams cross paths. But other than those...Juventus is a top contender too, they kicked Real out, and that's never an easy feat (even though they were helped by Ronaldo's red card and, in my mind, by Luxembergo's pulling Zidane out of the game, it was a mistake and Madrid's pressure slipped from there on), but all my hopes and cheers are with AC Milan now. It'll give Berlusconi another trophy, but fuck...better him than Mourinho.

Oh, and speaking of Real...I think we're gonna see some major changes there before next season. They're out of the CL, I'm not sure but I think they're out of the Copa del Rey, and they're eight points behind Barcelona in the Liga, and haven't one much in two or three years. I feel that now, with the new coach shaking things up, and "old" stars like Ronaldo and Figo not really playing as they're expected to, Real's gonna have to make some tough changes and shake things up a bit for next season if they want to come back to the top of European football quick.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:31 AM
Looks like i am the only one who wishes that chelsea makes it to the final and wins the CL and i was very pleased to see liverpool making it to the QF without owen whereas owens team got there ass kicked.
Hey guys, if the final is between two italian teams, its gonna be a fucking boring match cause all italian teams has like 10 defenders and no attackers.

P.S : Can someone clear my curiosity, mattjk_17 & BTT are both from the UK and they are not even happy that 2 british clubs made it to the QF and they even want them to lose, i mean i am not from the UK but i still want chelsea and liverpool to make it to the final and i hope that liverpool wins the CL and i am not even from the UK ( which i visited for 10 days during the vacation and London was the most beautiful city everrrr )...... Can you guys explain to me why is the hate against the british teams that you dont support cause it is really bothering me and i am thinking about the answer ???
Old 03-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Surprisingly enough, I actually want Liverpool to do well in this competition. I hate Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea as they are the three main teams that the media over here focus on. There are more teams in the world than those, but I think that due to the constant coverage of these teams, I have eventually grown quite a hatred towards them. As for Liverpool, well I've never really been a fan of theirs, but since Benitez took over I've actually enjoyed watching them play.

As for the final itself, an all Italian final wouldn't be so bad. The final in 2003 was settled between two Italian sides, Milan and Juventus, it was a pretty good game to be fair. Not the greatest game of the competition that year (that award goes to AC and Inter in their second game during the semis), but it was an enjoyable watch nonetheless.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't mind a Milan vs. Juventus final either. France still has one club in, Lyon, so I'm hoping they'll go as far as they can, but we might not have a high-caliber enough squad to go all the way (even if Monaco did get to the Finals last year, beating Real along the way), as Lyon's only international players are Wiltord, Juninho, Coupet, Essien, Govou, and Malouda. It'd be good if Lyon drew PSV Eindhoven in the next round and could beat them to secure a semi-final berth.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:57 PM
God, let Inter win this thing.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Quote:

P.S : Can someone clear my curiosity, mattjk_17 & BTT are both from the UK and they are not even happy that 2 british clubs made it to the QF and they even want them to lose, i mean i am not from the UK but i still want chelsea and liverpool to make it to the final and i hope that liverpool wins the CL and i am not even from the UK ( which i visited for 10 days during the vacation and London was the most beautiful city everrrr )...... Can you guys explain to me why is the hate against the british teams that you dont support cause it is really bothering me and i am thinking about the answer ???
Well I'm a Tottenham season ticket holder so its only natural for me to hate Chelsea and Arsenal. I actually don't mind Liverpool or even Man Utd these days. Its a British thing. Like Matt said the constant media coverage and arse licking can get a tad tiresome.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Well I'm a Tottenham season ticket holder so its only natural for me to hate Chelsea...
Yay!

Quote:
...and Arsenal.
Boooh!

Old 03-18-2005, 05:38 AM
Does God hate Inter Milan?

I propose that yes, he does.

Inter Milan - AC Milan
Liverpool - Juventus
Chelsea - Bayern Munich
Lyon - PSV Eindhoven
Old 03-18-2005, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Yay!

Boooh!

what a surprise, aresenal is full of french players as well as a french coach. Ah, who cares, i hate them too
Old 03-19-2005, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Heart Collector

Inter Milan - AC Milan
Liverpool - Juventus
Chelsea - Bayern Munich
Lyon - PSV Eindhoven
I like the way this plays out. Lyon can try and eliminate Eindhoven, and thus venge Monaco (which Eindhoven eliminated in the previous round). Hopefully Bayern can try and beat Chelsea (I doubt it, but fingers crossed), and that way the team that'll have taken Arsenal out will have taken Big Mouth Mourinho out too (I'd like that).

And the Milan vs. Milan derby...plain terrific. It'll probably be the highlight of these quarterfinals.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:56 AM
The Champions League draw looks like a good one to me, and I'm definitely going to be looking forward to the Milan derby.

However, this weekend is, to me, more important than the Milan derby. It's the Midlands derby. We're away to Birmingham, a fixture we've not won since they scraped promotion a few years back. Hopefully, tomorrow will change that.

Come on Villa!
Old 03-20-2005, 08:31 AM
On second thoughts, fuck it. Fuck it all to fucking Hell.

For the first time in my life, I am seriously questioning why I even bother supporting Villa. We've fallen from greatness under Doug Ellis, we never show up for the big games, our players don't seem to give a flying fuck as long as they get their undeserved £20,000 cheques at the end of every week, I am beginning to actually feel true hatred towards the club that I have loved all of my life.

And to make things worse, we've got West Brom in three weeks. Yes, the same West Brom who slaughtered Charlton 4-1 yesterday.

What a fucking disgrace.

And some people wonder why I haven't watched them play since September

Last edited by mattjk_17; 03-20-2005 at 08:36 AM..
Old 03-20-2005, 09:29 AM

Matt I feel for you I really do. I felt that way on Wednesday against Charlton. I mean are Chalton really better than us? No. Did they want it more? Yes.

Tottenham 2 Man City 1

Another snoozefest at the Lane. We played pretty poorly and a draw would have been kinda fair but fuck it we've had some bad luck recently so its about time we got some. Keano is my hero.

Hopefully next season we can get some consistency but I say that every season. Atouba is a cunt though. I didnt see it at the game but the elbow was clear as day on TV. He's a shit footballer anyway.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Predictions for England - N.Ireland match.
2 - 0 for england.

BTW, first, as far as i recall, ireland was a part of the UK, then at the olympics, i saw that Ireland is an individual country, and now, it northern ireland..... i dont understand a fucking thing.
I dont want to get into politics, i just want to see an explanation for all this which i think has something to do with the story of brad pitts character in the devils own with the IRA or somethin`.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Predictions for England - N.Ireland match.
2 - 0 for england.

BTW, first, as far as i recall, ireland was a part of the UK, then at the olympics, i saw that Ireland is an individual country, and now, it northern ireland..... i dont understand a fucking thing.
I dont want to get into politics, i just want to see an explanation for all this which i think has something to do with the story of brad pitts character in the devils own with the IRA or somethin`.
Well I was born in Eire and we are not part of the British Isles. Its a long story and I dont really want to get into it here in this topic but theres some long standing hatred between the two which looks like NEVER ending.

Anyway, tomorrow England will win 3-1 and Eire will grab a sneaky 2-1 victory.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:19 PM
I put a fiver on Joe Cole to score first and England to win 3-0

My, how I cursed when that fourth went in!

England's biggest win for four years had to be at my expense!!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Well, England might even have a bigger win in a couple days, mathematically. I mean, they're playing Azerbaidjan, and a friend told me Poland beat Azerbaidjan this weekend by 8-0...

...think you guys can top that?

As for the French, they've come off a scoreless draw against Switzerland, which is good, because I'm Swiss, and because the new French coach is a prick.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Well, England might even have a bigger win in a couple days, mathematically. I mean, they're playing Azerbaidjan, and a friend told me Poland beat Azerbaidjan this weekend by 8-0...

...think you guys can top that?

As for the French, they've come off a scoreless draw against Switzerland, which is good, because I'm Swiss, and because the new French coach is a prick.
I have to say, I'm surprised by France's poor start to the campaign, but saying that, they haven't conceded a goal in their five group games, they just can't score either.

I expect England V Azerbaijan to finish about 5-0 to us.

They'll probably be pissed at losing 8-0 at the weekend, so chances are we'll be playing against 10 defenders.

Still I think 5-0 if Rooney and Owen can find their usual form.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:12 PM

I'd be very surprised if England scored more than 3 tomorrow. The result against Poland was a freak one and I cant see them wanting to get their arses spanked again.