Old 03-30-2005, 06:20 AM
well, i think England are gonna score 3 or more goals if they were in form. I just hope that the bloody showoff fuck called beckham doesnt score. The fucking asshole.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jason statham
I just hope that the bloody showoff fuck called beckham doesnt score. The fucking asshole.
He did
Old 03-31-2005, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mattjk_17
He did
That goal ruined the match for me.
The asian fucker.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bullet Tooth Tony
I'd be very surprised if England scored more than 3 tomorrow.
I love it when I'm right. It doesnt happen often...
Old 04-02-2005, 11:18 AM
lol newcastle lol
Old 04-02-2005, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Heart Collector
lol newcastle lol
Bwahahahaha!

That was a great three points for us, and a very entertaining boxing match.

The video can be found here.

Thanks to the guys over at VillaTalk for providing me with that link
Old 04-02-2005, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Bwahahahaha!

That was a great three points for us, and a very entertaining boxing match.

The video can be found here.

Thanks to the guys over at VillaTalk for providing me with that link
Thanks for that matt!

All jokes aside these guys need to have a long hard look at themselves, they are ALWAYS in trouble. Bowyer is an animal and deserves to sacked. If any Spurs players did that I'd be disgusted and wouldnt want them to wear the shirt again. Little twats.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:11 AM
can someone tell me what exactly happened cause i didnt see the match and the link didnt work with me.

BTW, how many teams will drop from the premierleague and how many teams will rise next season ?

Last edited by jason statham; 04-03-2005 at 05:19 AM..
Old 04-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Hmm, they must have taken the video down.

Villa had just gone 3-0 up against Newcastle after a second Gareth Barry penalty, Keiron Dyer was in possession of the ball and Lee Bowyer was asking him to pass it. Instead, Dyer sent the ball back to Boumsong (I think), who sent a long ball forward. Dyer walked past Bowyer and the pair had an exchange of words, Bowyer walked up to Dyer and made contact with him head first. Bowyer threw some punches and, although Dyer later claimed he threw none, I'm certain I did see him throw one back.

Both are suspended, along with Taylor (who handled the ball on the line for our first penalty), for the FA Cup clash with Manchester United.

Three teams will be relegated from the Premiership, three will come up.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:27 AM
Bowyer and Dyer both disgarced the club. However the real taking point has to be the quite brilliant attempt by taylor to try and con the ref that the ball had hit him in the ribs not palmed round the post. Easily the funniest moment I've seen on a footie pitch.

Come on the L'pool against the Italians
Old 04-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Quote:

Three teams will be relegated from the Premiership, three will come up.
so sheffield united doesnt stand a chance, well, maybe nexy season
Old 04-06-2005, 07:55 AM
A quite stunning 1st half performance by the Scousers last night. It's a pity they gave that goal away like they did really feel like we missed a chance to kill the tie off las night. Oh well
Old 04-06-2005, 08:37 AM
They outclassed Juve in the first 45 minutes, Hyypia struck his shot very well, Garcia's goal was amazing. I really hope Liverpool can get the win in Italy.

I still want AC to win the Champions League though. Tonight's game with Inter should be fun to watch.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Yea that's the tie of the round. A.C are class the best outfit in the tourni. Can't help but feel last night isn't going to be enough for us. At 2-0 i would have backed us but that away goal hurt bad. Still thou it was a great performance with a very weakened team. Mustn't grumble
Old 04-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Disgusted with Bowyer and Dyer, they're bad role models for the kids who watch the game. Especially Bowyer who's been in the bad books ever since he became a professional player.

Good on Liverpool with the 2-1 win last night, hope they can hold on the advantage when the two sides meet again in Turin next week.

Hopefully Chelsea can do the same with B. Munich tonight. It'd be nice to see another English team win the European Championship again.

My final predictions for the top and for the drop of premier league:

PREMIERSHIP
1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Manchester United
4. Liverpool
18. Portsmouth
19. West Bromwich Albion
20. Norwich City

Hopefully QPR can still make the Coca-Cola Championship play-offs and be facing premiership opposition next season.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:04 AM
that fucking Morinho got his contract renewed for 5 freakin` years, i cant stand him anymore. He thinks alot of himself...the show-off. Chelsea could`ve done well without him.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Quote:
that fucking Morinho got his contract renewed for 5 freakin` years, i cant stand him anymore. He thinks alot of himself...the show-off. Chelsea could`ve done well without him.

HUH??????

Do without him? The man is the best manager in the world right now. He's won practicaly everything that he's entered in the past 3 years. I'm a liverpool fan and I wouldn't have minded having him before rafa come along.

Ask yourself this. If he's such a bad guy why do his players love him so much?

Watch 1 of his news conference's and then see how it's reported the next day in the papers. i swear they're watching something else half the time.

He's a winner, he looks after his players, he looks after his staff and he thinks nothing is more important than his family.

MMMM yea....... what a cunt.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:34 AM
Mourinho is a Grade A cunt.

But he's a fucking terrific manager.

I still don't want Chelsea to win the Champions League, but I think they'll just get past Bayern tonight. Looking forward to the game very much so, I'll be flicking between the Chelsea/Bayern and AC/Inter games. I'd expect Chelsea and AC to qualify for the semis tonight.

Premiership-wise, and Rob Styles is an utter cunt, an incompetent referee and I hope West Brom get relegated. Lousy tesco-bag wearing scumbags

And I'm done
Old 04-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio24
HUH??????

Do without him? The man is the best manager in the world right now.
And a cheating, lying, insulting, unfair bastard. A low kind of human being. But one fucking hell of a great manager, be it tactically, or in the choice of players, or also (and his asshole-itude helps with this) creating an "us-against-the-world" feeling for his players that motivates them more than anything else.

And if we're talking grade-A cunts...shame on you, Inter ultras. Throwing keys and umbrellas and having tifos picturing tonight's derby as almost WWIII?

I swear to God, I hope Dida's all right. Because if he's seriously hurt, I'm picking up a shotgun and a pitchfork and driving down to Milan and taking care of a dozen of those motherfuckers myself. They're despicable.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by James Logan
I swear to God, I hope Dida's all right. Because if he's seriously hurt, I'm picking up a shotgun and a pitchfork and driving down to Milan and taking care of a dozen of those motherfuckers myself. They're despicable.
You and me both dude.

I saw the events unfold on TV, absolutely sickening. You wouldn't expect it in this day and age, it was absolutely uncalled for. Fucking idiots.

Old 04-13-2005, 04:51 AM
Quote:
And a cheating, lying, insulting, unfair bastard. A low kind of human being. But one fucking hell of a great manager, be it tactically, or in the choice of players, or also (and his asshole-itude helps with this) creating an "us-against-the-world" feeling for his players that motivates them more than anything else.

And if we're talking grade-A cunts...shame on you, Inter ultras. Throwing keys and umbrellas and having tifos picturing tonight's derby as almost WWIII?

I assume by cheating, lying, insulting, unfair bastard. You'd also includer 90% of managers in the top league's around the world.

Liar - UEFA tried fucking him and it turned out they lied.

He tapped up Ashley Cole. - Big fucking deal. Every body sounds out other people when they are under contract. Alex Ferguson said a few month's ago. "I'd love to sign Steven Gerrard but the boy won't come here." What is he fucking phsycic or was a not so descreet inquiry made.

Insulting - well ok i'll concede that point.

Unfair - Why I wouldn't say he's a liar. If he's unfair because he tells things as it is and tells people when they are wrong well ok I think that description covers more than half the people on this forum including me.

Like I said though. He love's his family very much and his players love him. I think it would tell you that the outside perception of him could be very much different to the man.

Anyway Rant over

Yea those cunts in Milan have been getting away with this shit for years - fuck that - decades. If that happened in an England international UEFAssholes would kick them out. Yet the Italians and the Turkish in particular are like fucking savages at matches but yet fuck all is said. Logan when you're finshed i'll borrow that shot gun off you and blow fucking UEFA away. Guttless Cunts.

From what i've heard Dida is ok. I hope th results stand and they kick Inter out of the tourni for a few years.

I may have mentioned i'm a liverpool fan. I am very very concerned about tonights match. I really wish none of our fans had gone over there. After the efforts of the club and fans last week I was hoping that we could buil bridges but the response of Juve fans really worried me. If 3000 react like that. I dread to think how 70000 could go off. What could be worse is if we actualy put them out tonight. I just really hope that the fans behave themselves and that they are given sufficent protection from the Italian police. Although i doubt it they are just as big as animal's as the hooligans.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Quote:

Yea those cunts in Milan have been getting away with this shit for years - fuck that - decades. If that happened in an England international UEFAssholes would kick them out. Yet the Italians and the Turkish in particular are like fucking savages at matches but yet fuck all is said. Logan when you're finshed i'll borrow that shot gun off you and blow fucking UEFA away. Guttless Cunts.

thats right, those UEFA guys think that these think happen only in England neglecting the other european countries.

And about the AC/ inter match, it was, as i expected from italian clubs, boring just like the previous one. Anyway, good luck to Liverpool today as its a tough match and i really hope that they win the champions league.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Yeah, looking forward to tonight's match in Turin, come on you Reds!
Old 04-14-2005, 04:14 AM
Quote:
I assume by cheating, lying, insulting, unfair bastard. You'd also includer 90% of managers in the top league's around the world.
I'd get into the argument, but I get pissed red whenever José Mourinho comes up. I'm not contesting that a fair share of what he does a lot of other managers do (and don't mention Alex Ferguson to me either, that arrogant Roy Keane-protecting motherfucker ). Only Mourinho, to me, either because he knows he has Abramovitch's money and greenlight with him, or because he just feels like he's the Second Coming, feels like he can do it all in the most blatant and disrespectful of ways, and even if he gets caught, all he has to do is be arrogant some more and get Roman to pay the fine.

The UEFA didn't lie -- the official report says Riijkard was seen going to see Frisk to talk to him, first by saying hello, but then Frisk turned him down and away right in the tunnel where everyone could see him do it, when Mourinho claims he accepted Riijkard in. And as for the credibility of Mourinho's story -- first he said he saw it, then he said one of his staff saw it, first he said he saw everything and heard everything, then he said he just got suspicious from them talking...He disgutedly used it to get his psychological games going, when let's be honest, Drogba deserved that red card in the first game of the tie (I hate Frisk, but let's be honest here), whereas Chelsea's fourth and final goal at Stamford Bridge never should've been accepted because of a huge and anti-sportive flagrant foul. But you never hear José talk about that one.

The Ashley Cole thing -- definitely everybody does it. But when you do it in the open in the lobby of a big London hotel, then you're either one of two things: a) incredibly fucking stupid, and b) incredibly arrogant and confident that no one can do anything to you even if you do get caught. Excuse me for thinking José falls in the latter category.

The man's not just like any other coach. He's been in England for under a year, and he's been in a half-dozen disciplinary charges already. The Barcelona referee thing -- he invented the exact same thing for a Cup game against United and in that case it was shown nothing happened at all.

And the fact that his players love him don't mean squat. All you gotta do for a player to love you is support him, make them win, and make them feel you're all in the same boat. And Mourinho does that. He does that fine. But it doesn't say anything about the kind of human being he is.

Anyways, I have to admit one thing, though: if this Champion's League somehow comes to a final between PSV Eindhoven and Chelsea, it breaks my heart to say so, but I hope Chelsea wins. Because I cannot believe how disgusting Eindhoven has been throughout their semi-finals against Lyon. Not once on defense did they play the ball before the man. Always the man. And Van Bommel turns my stomach. He gets his first yellow card, and then keeps hacking away at his opponents legs, but stands up and talks to the referee and, surprise, the referee gives him nothing. On one specific play he clobbed Mahamadou Diarra in the face, dropped him to the ground, went on to get the ball back on defense, and when his teammates told him that Diarra was still on the ground and to put the ball out of the field so he could get treatment, he answered with a "fuck off, keep on playing, keep on playing!" wave and yell. I mean what the fuck? And five minutes later, as Lyon attacks, he tackles a Lyon player with both feet off the ground, the referee says nothing, the Lyon player tries to get up to run after the ball, Van Bommel literally holds him down, and still nothing. And all through that time Guus Hiddink is standing by his bench trash-talking Paul Le Guen.

And that Nielsen guy. Dude. Up until the extra time, Lyon didn't get a single free kick from under 30 yards to the goal. Why? Because Juninho would've scored with a free kick like that, that's why. And they would've deserved a handful of 'em. Nielsen didn't give a single red card to PSV, when Van Bommel alone would've deserved two (that's right, kick him out, bring him back, and kick him back out again!). Then he counted the PSV goal as valid, when the original free kick got kicked before he whistled and without him giving the Eindhoven player the authorization to play quickly. Nielsen was just helping the wall get to distance, the two players in the wall had their backs turned to the ball to look at their goalkeeper as he positioned them, and the Eindhoven guy just hit the ball, and bam, goal. What did Nielsen do? Award the goal. And then the 90 minute mark rolls on, Lyon has the ball inside the 16 for what could be a decisive goal...and Nielsen whistles the end of the game. The end of the game while a team is actually in the fucking opposing sixteen and could score??? And then the extra time comes along, he still keeps on not whistling Eindhoven fouls, and he refuses to give a penalty to Lyon where the foul was so obvious they even saw it in Rotterdam.

I mean, fuck. Either the man was scared shitless of pissing Eindhoven fans off, or he got an extra check in his pocket before this game, because it was stomach-turning.

And kudos to Liverpool. Getting a draw in Turin without Steven Gerrard...I'll be honest, I never thought they'd make it. Congrats to them. Really.

Now if they could just kick Chelsea's ass out, I'd officially be a Reds fan.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:30 AM
Quote:
I'd get into the argument, but I get pissed red whenever José Mourinho comes up. I'm not contesting that a fair share of what he does a lot of other managers do (and don't mention Alex Ferguson to me either, that arrogant Roy Keane-protecting motherfucker ). Only Mourinho, to me, either because he knows he has Abramovitch's money and greenlight with him, or because he just feels like he's the Second Coming, feels like he can do it all in the most blatant and disrespectful of ways, and even if he gets caught, all he has to do is be arrogant some more and get Roman to pay the fine.

The UEFA didn't lie -- the official report says Riijkard was seen going to see Frisk to talk to him, first by saying hello, but then Frisk turned him down and away right in the tunnel where everyone could see him do it, when Mourinho claims he accepted Riijkard in. And as for the credibility of Mourinho's story -- first he said he saw it, then he said one of his staff saw it, first he said he saw everything and heard everything, then he said he just got suspicious from them talking...He disgutedly used it to get his psychological games going, when let's be honest, Drogba deserved that red card in the first game of the tie (I hate Frisk, but let's be honest here), whereas Chelsea's fourth and final goal at Stamford Bridge never should've been accepted because of a huge and anti-sportive flagrant foul. But you never hear José talk about that one.

The Ashley Cole thing -- definitely everybody does it. But when you do it in the open in the lobby of a big London hotel, then you're either one of two things: a) incredibly fucking stupid, and b) incredibly arrogant and confident that no one can do anything to you even if you do get caught. Excuse me for thinking José falls in the latter category.

The man's not just like any other coach. He's been in England for under a year, and he's been in a half-dozen disciplinary charges already. The Barcelona referee thing -- he invented the exact same thing for a Cup game against United and in that case it was shown nothing happened at all.

And the fact that his players love him don't mean squat. All you gotta do for a player to love you is support him, make them win, and make them feel you're all in the same boat. And Mourinho does that. He does that fine. But it doesn't say anything about the kind of human being he is.

Anyways, I have to admit one thing, though: if this Champion's League somehow comes to a final between PSV Eindhoven and Chelsea, it breaks my heart to say so, but I hope Chelsea wins. Because I cannot believe how disgusting Eindhoven has been throughout their semi-finals against Lyon. Not once on defense did they play the ball before the man. Always the man. And Van Bommel turns my stomach. He gets his first yellow card, and then keeps hacking away at his opponents legs, but stands up and talks to the referee and, surprise, the referee gives him nothing. On one specific play he clobbed Mahamadou Diarra in the face, dropped him to the ground, went on to get the ball back on defense, and when his teammates told him that Diarra was still on the ground and to put the ball out of the field so he could get treatment, he answered with a "fuck off, keep on playing, keep on playing!" wave and yell. I mean what the fuck? And five minutes later, as Lyon attacks, he tackles a Lyon player with both feet off the ground, the referee says nothing, the Lyon player tries to get up to run after the ball, Van Bommel literally holds him down, and still nothing. And all through that time Guus Hiddink is standing by his bench trash-talking Paul Le Guen.

And that Nielsen guy. Dude. Up until the extra time, Lyon didn't get a single free kick from under 30 yards to the goal. Why? Because Juninho would've scored with a free kick like that, that's why. And they would've deserved a handful of 'em. Nielsen didn't give a single red card to PSV, when Van Bommel alone would've deserved two (that's right, kick him out, bring him back, and kick him back out again!). Then he counted the PSV goal as valid, when the original free kick got kicked before he whistled and without him giving the Eindhoven player the authorization to play quickly. Nielsen was just helping the wall get to distance, the two players in the wall had their backs turned to the ball to look at their goalkeeper as he positioned them, and the Eindhoven guy just hit the ball, and bam, goal. What did Nielsen do? Award the goal. And then the 90 minute mark rolls on, Lyon has the ball inside the 16 for what could be a decisive goal...and Nielsen whistles the end of the game. The end of the game while a team is actually in the fucking opposing sixteen and could score??? And then the extra time comes along, he still keeps on not whistling Eindhoven fouls, and he refuses to give a penalty to Lyon where the foul was so obvious they even saw it in Rotterdam.

I mean, fuck. Either the man was scared shitless of pissing Eindhoven fans off, or he got an extra check in his pocket before this game, because it was stomach-turning.

And kudos to Liverpool. Getting a draw in Turin without Steven Gerrard...I'll be honest, I never thought they'd make it. Congrats to them. Really.

Now if they could just kick Chelsea's ass out, I'd officially be a Reds fan.

Hang on just have to get this out of my system.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fucking fabulous result. Supurb performance. Benitez got his tactics spot on. Made a very good team look ordinary.

Anyway back to Jose. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Because he is a football manager first and yes he may have Abromivich money behind him but he's also got the most high pressure job in football right now. I think it's a given that if he doesn't win and win alot of trophies he'll be sacked. Anyway his attitude may suck but it makes him win. And you know what ask any porto or chelsea fan if they give a fuck when he brings them success.

Also it's not just in England. When he was with Porto he recieved 4 warnings from the Portugese FA and a two game ban from UEFAssholes all within 7 months of each other. So i don't think he needs money behind him to be an asshole.

Another point is. I really think the guy is a genuinley nice guy off the pitch. He does masses of charity work and puts his family 1st. Also when Chelsea didn't back him recently against UEFA he ordered Abromivich back for a meeting because he was so pissed. I like that. If he lost this job Real Madrid would sign him in s flash and he'd make them great to.

Bit gutted that Lyon didn't go through actualy. The played some great stuff over the tourni. I agree with you about Van Bommel i've always found him a snidey peice of shit. I didn't see the games cause they were on same time as my boys so I can't really comment.

Oh and Drogba should have been sent off no way. He had a right to go for that ball and if you start sending people of for that we r gonna end up with 5aside football soon.

We are gonna beat Chelsea of this i'm confident. So i'm gonna hold you to becoming a red. I want nothing but flattery every day about how great we are in a few weeks
Old 04-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Quote:
We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
Looks like it. Cause I'm never gonna stop hating the bastard.

Quote:
Also when Chelsea didn't back him recently against UEFA he ordered Abromivich back for a meeting because he was so pissed.
And, in the process, put enough pressure on the man to get the best salary a Premiership manager has had since, well, ever. Wasn't exactly just a case of morals.

Quote:

Oh and Drogba should have been sent off no way. He had a right to go for that ball and if you start sending people of for that we r gonna end up with 5aside football soon.
Oh, I'm not saying people don't have the right to go for the ball. People have the right to go for the ball. Only, when you already have a yellow card and have been involved in a few pushings and shovings and divings earlier, and that going for the ball involves clobbering the other team's goalkeeper in the process, then yeah, I think you deserve a red card.

The thing about this red card is that I've never heard a non-Englishman contest the decision. No one on French or Spanish or German or Swiss TV disagreed with Frisk, the UEFA didn't disagree with Frisk, and none of the newspapers I read the next day even called the foul "arguable". It just became a problem when Barcelona finally won, José felt he was robbed (I mean, he can't admit he actually lost, that'd look bad) and threw oil on the fire by suggesting strongly through the whole Riijkard talking to Frisk thing that that was the reason Drogba got sent off. When the truth is, Drogba got sent off because he ran into the goalkeeper going for the ball and excessively shoved him.

And dude, I'm with you. If Liverpool kicks Chelsea out of this competition, I promise to use a Liverpool FC logo as my avatar for a whole month. I promise to buy a Steven Gerrard jersey. I promise to sing the "Walk Alone" song under the shower every day for a whole week. And I even promise that whenever Arsenal plays Liverpool in the future, I'll be hoping for the game to draw, and not for Arsenal to win.

I'll give you guys all that, and unconditional love. Just whip those fuckers for me.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:55 PM
1) Well done Liverpool!
2) Well done PSV!
3) Newcastle? Ouch!
Old 04-15-2005, 02:57 AM
Quote:

2) Well done PSV!
You bastard.

Old 04-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Looks like it. Cause I'm never gonna stop hating the bastard.

And, in the process, put enough pressure on the man to get the best salary a Premiership manager has had since, well, ever. Wasn't exactly just a case of morals.

Oh, I'm not saying people don't have the right to go for the ball. People have the right to go for the ball. Only, when you already have a yellow card and have been involved in a few pushings and shovings and divings earlier, and that going for the ball involves clobbering the other team's goalkeeper in the process, then yeah, I think you deserve a red card.

The thing about this red card is that I've never heard a non-Englishman contest the decision. No one on French or Spanish or German or Swiss TV disagreed with Frisk, the UEFA didn't disagree with Frisk, and none of the newspapers I read the next day even called the foul "arguable". It just became a problem when Barcelona finally won, José felt he was robbed (I mean, he can't admit he actually lost, that'd look bad) and threw oil on the fire by suggesting strongly through the whole Riijkard talking to Frisk thing that that was the reason Drogba got sent off. When the truth is, Drogba got sent off because he ran into the goalkeeper going for the ball and excessively shoved him.

And dude, I'm with you. If Liverpool kicks Chelsea out of this competition, I promise to use a Liverpool FC logo as my avatar for a whole month. I promise to buy a Steven Gerrard jersey. I promise to sing the "Walk Alone" song under the shower every day for a whole week. And I even promise that whenever Arsenal plays Liverpool in the future, I'll be hoping for the game to draw, and not for Arsenal to win.

I'll give you guys all that, and unconditional love. Just whip those fuckers for me.
About Drogba. I think you've hit the nail on the head there. You said that on the continent nobody has argured with the decision. It is however the complete oppositte over here. Almost every news report I read slagged off the decision. I think that highlights the difference. We prefer the game to be much more physical over here more man-o-man-o than outhinking an opponent. It's why there is alot more diving in Europe than there is in the UK. Let me reiterate that WAS. When ever I watch a match against a european team I'm constantly shouting at the tv for the over picky decision of the officials. "Did you just blow on this gent's neck. I'm, sorry thats an automatic Yellow son."

Although ironicly the 1st match i've seen a ref let the game flow and if anything was not picky enough was for my boys against juve the other night. I was very gratefull for his lenieancy shall we say to my team.

Arsnel fan a? After my team. They are the team I most enjoy watching playing football. They can mix it up with the physical when they need it but their play when on form is unmatched by any team in the world today. Now I know why the Anti Moriniho and Ferguson(Although i hate this fucker to) You're a Wenger man. (You're either 1 or the other.) A polite witty warm chap. I have alot of respect for wenger but he does happen to miss a hell of alot of dives by pires and fouls by viera when talking of other bad behaviour by opponents.

I'm definitley holding you to that vow. You have to put a pic of you in the schomes gallery in a stevie top

There's a liverpool Avarta. Where? Do you know the number?
Old 04-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Quote:
We prefer the game to be much more physical over here more man-o-man-o than outhinking an opponent.
That's definitely a fact, and I agree with it. The diving thing...I'm not sure. Pires dives. Rooney dives. People dive in England too. Not the way they do in Italy and in France, but let's be honest, Italian and French players are pussies.

But I don't think that played such a huge part in those decisions. Eindhoven plays very rough, and they got along without pissing off referees. Bayern plays rough, although not as much as they used to, and they did about all right. I just think there's a measure in that toughness, and maybe continental teams are more used to what will get a card and what won't, because it's true, it IS slightly different.

I will say, though, that I watch Premiership games every week, and the Cup games and so on, and I personally find England to have the best first League in Europe right now. Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Everton...Like them or not, those teams are all playing all-out, passionate, solid football, when most of the other European leagues are dominated by two or three teams and the others just play average ball.

Quote:

You're a Wenger man. (You're either 1 or the other.) A polite witty warm chap. I have alot of respect for wenger but he does happen to miss a hell of alot of dives by pires and fouls by viera when talking of other bad behaviour by opponents.
Yeah, I'm a Wenger man. I love his approach to the game, the way he wants to play it, and the way he treats his boys. Smart, good man.

Pires does. I ain't denying that. But not much more than a fair share of other Premiership players.

As for the fouls things...It actually depends on the day. I usually agree with Wenger's perception that, when you play the open running kind of game he likes, sometimes a tackle will come late, or someone'll get pushed, and you get a yellow card, that happens. But it's true, Vieira had a couple of seasons where his behavior was terrible, and even though it was understandable what with all the abuse he was getting from other players the moment he got that reputation (and from a couple of referees), I mostly blame him, because it was a case of having a hard time to adapt to the toughness of the English way midfielders play, and he tended to lose his temper and go overboard too quick. That was definitely his fault. Ljungberg, also, sometimes has a propension to elbowing people when he struggles in a game -- oddly enough, it happens mostly when he's coming back from a period of time with the Sweden national team. Like he gets worked up when he's over there. And we got Lehmann, who's just pig-headed and, well, very German. But overall, I think that compared to most Premiership sides, we have a pretty decent, fair behavior -- most of the time.

Quote:

I'm definitley holding you to that vow. You have to put a pic of you in the schomes gallery in a stevie top

There's a liverpool Avarta. Where? Do you know the number?
Well, to your first sentence here, I say "Definitely, will do, just beat the Blues and you've got it."

To your second sentence, though, I'll have to say...what?
Old 04-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Maybe I was a little harsh on picking out pires. The reason I went with him was because I picked up you were a gunners fan and wanted to use it as an example.

There definitley is diving in England now and going back to Rooney his dive when the Scum (Man Utd) played the gunners at Old Trafford was disgracefull. If i had been Sol Campbell that day it would have taken all my patience to stop me from nutting the ugly cunt.

I hate cheating it really upsets me more than anything else. and i don't wish to label people, but I think it's crept into our game the more foriegn players that have entered our league. I remember when I was a kid watching football. Diving was unheard of in the englsh game. Now though kids are seeing it week in week out and copying it. I play for a local pub in a local league for a bit of fun on a saturday afternoon and there's 15 stone muscle bound gimps throwing themselves to the floor in the penalty area. I've been sent off more times this season for twating a few of the cunts than have been sent off for blatant cheating. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

The only way it will stop is if UEFAssholes ban a few of these tossers.
For intstance Ballak's Dive against Chelsae a few weeks ago for a penalty in the last few minutes was an absolute disgarce. He should be banned from playing in the competition for a year wise his cheating ass up.

Got to say really looking forward to the FA Cup final now. Will be shouting for Gunners as usual.

I support only 2 teams.
Liverpool
And whoever Manchester United are playing.

About the Avata. Don't worry not really sure what I was on about myself.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:29 AM
Quote:

There definitley is diving in England now...

...and i don't wish to label people, but I think it's crept into our game the more foriegn players that have entered our league.
Can't blame you, I actually agree with you. Just think of diving, and see what players come to mind. When I do, I get images of Pipo Inzaghi, Roberto Baggio, Ruud Van Nistleroy, Fabrice Fiorèse, Roberto Rojas, Diego Simeone, Slaven Bilic, Alessandro Del Piero, Christian Panucci, Hakan Sukur, Sidney Govou... All foreigners (including 4 Italians, I wonder why ). And even in the Premiership, for the past ten or so years, as foreign players have come in, the "best" divers have been foreigners -- Robert Pires earns a spot on there, although not at the top, but there's also Ruud Van Offside, Kasper Schmeichel, Cristiano Ronaldo...And the two latest "best" English divers, if you ask me, got the knack of it while playing on multinational teams -- Francis Jeffers when he was a Gunner, and Wayne Rooney now as a United man (there's also Robbie Savage, who dives a lot, but actually sucks at it).

I think it's a fact that diving is more present in continental, and especially Latin football, than it is in English football, because on the continent it feels like a lot of people consider it "experience" or "savvy" or "game intelligence" to know how and when to dive.

I personally hate it -- to me, it's cheating. I'm with you. If the foul knocks you to the ground, then it knocks you to the ground, but if it don't, just play, for fuck's sake, be a man. That's why my favorite players are generally the tougher players -- Patrick Vieira at Arsenal, Zinedine Zidane because he used to take beatings on his ankles and legs but never let himself drop to fool the referee (he kept on playing and then head-butted people instead ), Gabby Heinze and Michael Essien because you'd need a freight train to make their bodies touch the ground, and defenders like Sol Campbell or Jaap Stam who play it rough and tough in their box.

That's why I like Premiership football, too. There's diving, but it's still waaay better than the French Ligue 1 or the Italian Calcio, where sometimes it feels like you're not even watching men out there on the pitch (not even women, either, it'd be an insult to women too).
Old 04-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Quote:
I support only 2 teams.
Liverpool
And whoever Manchester United are playing.

so its Arsenal eh, well, we`re gonna KICK THEIR FUCKING ASS !
Old 04-19-2005, 06:01 AM
Quote:
so its Arsenal eh, well, we`re gonna KICK THEIR FUCKING ASS !
I'm looking really forward to this game.

I got to be honest though i get the same feeling about this game as i do about our matches against Chelsea. You have used all your luck up against Arsnel this year. You played well in the game agianst them at Highbury but no way did you deserve a win at Old Trafford.

Anyway I can't wait.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Can't blame you, I actually agree with you. Just think of diving, and see what players come to mind. When I do, I get images of Pipo Inzaghi, Roberto Baggio, Ruud Van Nistleroy, Fabrice Fiorèse, Roberto Rojas, Diego Simeone, Slaven Bilic, Alessandro Del Piero, Christian Panucci, Hakan Sukur, Sidney Govou... All foreigners (including 4 Italians, I wonder why ). And even in the Premiership, for the past ten or so years, as foreign players have come in, the "best" divers have been foreigners -- Robert Pires earns a spot on there, although not at the top, but there's also Ruud Van Offside, Kasper Schmeichel, Cristiano Ronaldo...And the two latest "best" English divers, if you ask me, got the knack of it while playing on multinational teams -- Francis Jeffers when he was a Gunner, and Wayne Rooney now as a United man (there's also Robbie Savage, who dives a lot, but actually sucks at it).

I think it's a fact that diving is more present in continental, and especially Latin football, than it is in English football, because on the continent it feels like a lot of people consider it "experience" or "savvy" or "game intelligence" to know how and when to dive.

I personally hate it -- to me, it's cheating. I'm with you. If the foul knocks you to the ground, then it knocks you to the ground, but if it don't, just play, for fuck's sake, be a man. That's why my favorite players are generally the tougher players -- Patrick Vieira at Arsenal, Zinedine Zidane because he used to take beatings on his ankles and legs but never let himself drop to fool the referee (he kept on playing and then head-butted people instead ), Gabby Heinze and Michael Essien because you'd need a freight train to make their bodies touch the ground, and defenders like Sol Campbell or Jaap Stam who play it rough and tough in their box.

That's why I like Premiership football, too. There's diving, but it's still waaay better than the French Ligue 1 or the Italian Calcio, where sometimes it feels like you're not even watching men out there on the pitch (not even women, either, it'd be an insult to women too).
Zidane is a ledgend. He takes so much punishment and carries on like a man. Yea i've always been for the tougher players to. Although being a Welsh man i have to say Savage is an embaresment. He really gets on my tits. He's like a spoiled brat. Runs around with his locks flowing looking for trouble and when he finds it he shits out.

I'm going to say this even though I may get killed for it. I think it may be a good idea to sell Stevie G.

Anybody who knows me knows I love this guy to death. Hell I even started a thread up a few months back ago just to say how wonderfull he is. In fact Logan I think you commented on it.

However. I read a stunning fact yesterday. Liverpool have won more games in the last 18months without him than they have with him. Also there seems to be a dip in the performance of his team mates when he plays. Maybe down to the fact that they see Stevie next to them and think no problem Stevie will win this for us. I think some players like Biscan are a little in awe of him. When he isnt playing Biscan steps up. When he is however Biscan seems to go into his shell scared to try anything.

Also Gerrard his very dynamic and direct and I think you have to fit a team around him and not fit him into the team. That can't be good for any team. Also Xabi Alonso has impressed me a hell of alot this year. what a passer of the ball and a fine tackler to.

If we could get 25-30 million for Gerrard we could really build a great team. It's obviuos that we need rebuilding.

Also you only have to look at Everton. With Rooney trying to keep him happy. - Just Escaped Relegation.
Without Rooney and building a team with no superstars - Pushing for Champions League place.

It's just a thought and I will drink heavily and be deeply depressed for a few weeks if he does go. however if it meant build a great team well sorry Stevie G but you're not big than club.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:38 AM
Quote:

I'm going to say this even though I may get killed for it. I think it may be a good idea to sell Stevie G.

Anybody who knows me knows I love this guy to death. Hell I even started a thread up a few months back ago just to say how wonderfull he is. In fact Logan I think you commented on it.
Yup. Not a huge fanboy per se, but he has guts and dedication, and he represents something. And he knows how to kick a football, too.

I personally agree with you. I don't think Liverpool NEEDS to sell Gerrard, but I definitely think they should look at it as an option. Because if this team can keep playing the way they do without him (and they probably can, the past 18 months they have, as you said, and a year and a half is a long time), and if Liverpool can get good money for him, then they should go ahead with it. Use that money to get one or two players that are also good-to-great and that can fit well in the system Rafa Benitez is trying to put together. Yeah, that'd make Liverpool a great, dangerous team. And it'd make the Premiership extremely interesting. Instead of getting Man Utd all alone ahead, or Man Utd vs. Arsenal, or Arsenal going unbeaten, or Chelsea dominating, we'd have four great teams going at it.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:10 AM
A bit of new news on the Stevie G front.

It's in the Sun Newspaper today although thats no real hard evidence that the two properties he was looking to buy in London a few streets away from Chelsea's ground has fallen through.

Aparentley he had instructed his advisors to pull out of the deal 3 days after Liverpool went through against Juventus believing that Liverpool under Benitez's guidance can become more than a force in the Premiership and European Cup. It has been claimed that he has instructed his advisors to not look for anymore London based properties.

Could be conclusive proof. If he is moving to London he'd definitley have an house lined up. Then again it might not mean anything.

Mmmmmmm
Old 04-21-2005, 06:54 AM
Good game between chelski and Gooners last night. Viera was starting to look back to his best to. Just my opinion but I think the quicker Arsnel sell Reyes the better. At the beginning of the season he was on fire but he's just not the same player these days. He's really struggled since the radio hoax played on him and his heart looks like it's in Madrid.
Could have done with a Gooners win last night to stop Chelski from resting any players before the Liverpool ties.

And on I move to the Scum. Unbelievable just when you need the fuckers to do us a favour they lose to Everton. What the fuck are they up to. I'm sure the bastards did it on purpose. Well ur finshing behind Arsnel now and I hope you go out in the qualifying round of the Champ Lge next year.

Liverpool dropped Gerrard last night which was a shock. They even brought on Smicer before him when garcia was injured. Could be a good move by Benitez. Wake him up a bit. He hasn't been doing the buisness for us recently
Old 04-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Uriah Rennie, for those of you who didn't know, is an incompetent bastard.

Martin Laursen, however, could very well turn out to be one of the best defenders we have bought in the past ten or so years. Immense against Bolton, dealt with almost every ball that came near him. What a player.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:40 AM

Well thanks a lot West Brom, just roll over for Middlesborough why dont you? I still think we'll make 7th but I'm writing tomorrows game off as a defeat straight off the bat. We then have Villa at home, Middlesborough away and then Blackburn at home. Three games we could win (sorry matt!) but will probably win one out of the three.

Its alll about how much do the players want that UEFA cup place...because I bloody want it!