Old 09-26-2003, 02:04 AM
John Travolta

Man has this guy sucked the last couple of years or what? I seriously cannot say that I have or even want any of the last couple of movies he's done. Lorenzo: "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent" ..................... a Bronx Tale
Old 09-26-2003, 08:48 AM
I have a soft spot for Johnny.

Sorry, but me can't help myself when it comes to the older guy. I just want to take care of him.

I will always be a fan, no-matter what shit he spurts out. We can never take the good things away from the guy, and thats to me is what being a fan is about. Taking the good with the bad.

Old 09-29-2003, 11:45 PM
John's most recent work hasn't been that bad. "Swordfish" and "Domestic Disturbance," both from 2001, I found to be decent movies that had enough redeeming qualities to keep them above-average films. "Swordfish" was actually kind of a unique and cool heist/action flick, while "Domestic Disturbance," was a mostly thrilling movie that excelled thanks to Trovolta's turn as a dedicated father out to save his family from creep, Vince Vaughn.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:50 PM
I think the problem lies with knowing how to pick the right movies- he picked them great for a while, then had a long run of crappy films and then Pulp Fiction started him on an unbelievable run.

He's had a longer career than most and is a pretty consistent actor, IMO. He doesn't seem jaded or conceited. Maybe he should try some indies to shake things up but he has to support those airplanes of his.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:03 PM
What are you talking about? Travolta's track record for the past few years is SPOTLESS!

"Battlefield Earth", "Lucky Numbers", "Domestic Disturbance", "Basic"...

Sarcasm, n: mocking, contemptuous, or ironic language intended to convey scorn or insult.