Old 04-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Everything's Eventual?

Has anybody had read this collection by Stephen King? I'd like to know a little about it before I buy!

Death to Beth

Old 04-21-2004, 04:41 AM
i have read it, it is probably my favorite of the recent king books. a very good short story collection. i would recommend picking it up.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:41 PM
Good short story collection I particuraly liked Lunch at Gothan Cafe, the title story, and Riding The Bullet
Old 04-21-2004, 05:35 PM
Yeah, another quality King short story collection - not a dud among them, although my favourite is Autopsy Room 4.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:17 AM
Highy recomended...one of the best of the new "white cover" books. There are one or two filler stories...but most of them are great. (Stephen King seems to shine in the short story department). I'd buy it alone for his tale "The Road Virus Heads North". But in addition you also get "Riding the Bullet" and a cool "Dark Tower" prologue.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:17 AM
I read it a little while back and it was a pretty strong collection overall. I enjoyed it for the most part. there was one story that i really hated, but I am damned if i can remember the name of it

the schmoe consensus is positive, so perhaps you should purchase it at once

or as soon is convenient, of course. You don't have to run off in a buying frenzy just because the schmoes said so
Old 05-10-2004, 03:56 AM
All the stories are basically King's take on a popular genre or setting story. (Autopsy story, haunted hotel, meeting with the devil, etc, etc.)

The one story in there, "Riding the bullet" is actually to become a film soon.

I liked mostly all of the stories, but couldn't stand the one story which was about a 50 page bonus for the people that like to read that Gunslinger shit. I never could stand that, I made it about 10-15 pages in and skipped it.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:16 PM
well that story is really just for Dark Tower fans like me. Im not surprised you w ere able to get into it.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:51 PM

As a dedication to the surprisingly good hit movie 1408 I have decided to bump up the Everything's Eventual thread from which the story was based on. I'd like to read the short but I wouldn't go as far as buying the entire book for it though. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.