Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2003, 03:41 PM
CountingDown.Com has posted an article about a companies' plans to build minatures for PoA....

Cinesite Europe announced that the company has won a major contract for the models and miniatures on the forthcoming Harry Potter installment, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban." Warner Bros. has subcontracted Cinesite with all the model unit construction and miniature photography.

Construction work will begin immediately on models of the Hogwarts and Privet Drive, and on other major structures for the film. The build will continue until early May at Shepperton Studios workshops. Photography is scheduled to run from early June into early September.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:15 PM
POSSIBLE SPOILERS FOR THE THIRD BOOK

My expectations of this film are VERY high. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE The Prisoner of Azkaban, my favourite book of all time, and if they don't include these things I will be pissed off...

Hermione going mental/being naughty to Professor Trelawney. My favourite part of the entire series. And then her slapping Malfoy. They HAVE to include that.

The Dementors I will be very specific about. I have this perfect vision of the Quiddditch match when the Dementors walk in, with rising music and Harry falling off the broom...they just have to be very good with all of the Dementors scenes, because they are J.K. Rowling's best creature creation yet.

I don't want them to overdo Malfoy's Dementor/fainting impressions like Rowling did in the book.

Harry going ape at Snape has to be done excellently, and I have great faith in Daniel, he'll pull it off.

I also must mention the time travelling thing has to be done excellently!! That's one of the best ideas Rowling ever had and THEY...MUST...DO...IT...EXCELLENTLY...!...!

...as you can see I will be very fussy with this film because the book is a MASTERPIECE, a great improvement on the other two films.

I have awesome faith in the director and writer so I think it will be one of the best films of 2004! And Pam Ferris was definitely MY FIRST CHOICE for the classic Aunt Marge! I am SO EXCITED about this movie!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!
!!!

!!!

Old 02-06-2003, 11:17 PM
OOh, just read that they're FINALLY includign Peeves in the movies! He will b played Rik Mayall!!!

I!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T!!!!

WAIT!!!!

FOR!!!!

2004!!!!

Old 02-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Has Cho Chang been cast?

The usuallly reliable website, The Leaky Cauldron, has posted an article about Cho Chang, Ravenclaw Seeker and Harry's crush, being cast. Read....

Actress Jennifer Nguyen today told a friend who is one of TLC's regular readers that she got word that she has been cast as Cho Chang in PoA. We haven't had confirmation from WB yet but we're working on getting it, so this should still be in the category of "unconfirmed information" - though we hope beyond hope that it's true, because we'd love for Cho to be a TLC reader.

?
Old 02-11-2003, 08:15 PM
CBBC Newsround has posted an article telling that the Cho Chang casting rumors are just that: RUMORS.....

With filming on Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban due to start very soon, rumours have been sweeping the internet that the part of Cho Chang had been cast.

According to the whispers, an actress called Jennifer Nguyen would be filling the part.

But insiders at the studios have told CBBC Newsround the rumours simply aren't true.

Also in the article is a bit about CoS, that I'll report on here because it does not really merit its own thread...

And also on the subject of false rumours, many fans have been waiting eagerly for the DVD of Chamber of Secrets to be released.

They want to go through it frame by frame to check out speculation that JK Rowling had a tiny part as a witch in Knockturn Alley.

Well, we'll save you the trouble!

People at the studio tell us there's no truth in that rumour either.

But, don't worry, with the start of filming on the next movie being so close, more firm casting info should be coming our way soon.

Also, TheSnitch.Co.Uk has reported that we may be getting the first official image from the PoA film on Saturday. It is rumored to be a shot of the "violently purple" Knight Bus. Whether this is true or just fan wishes remains to be seen, but I certainly am interested!

TheSnitch.Co.Uk has also posted a blurb about REPTILES in PoA.....

A couple who has supplied various reptiles and small animals for the previous 'Harry Potter' films (think the iguana that Professor Quirrell held in 'Sorceror's Stone') has confirmed that 'Prisoner of Azkaban' will be using their "small creatures" again. The Bradford couple was unable to say anything more about which animals would be shown onscreen.
Old 02-12-2003, 03:44 PM
Filming on Alfonso Cuaron's "HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN" has begun and we've gotten our first images from the set! First, here is some proof from Coming Soon! that filming had indeed begun....

Interesting news hit today regarding the third installment of the "Harry Potter" series. The Los Angeles Times tried to get a statement from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban director Alfonso Cuarón for his "Original Screenplay" nomination for Y Tu Mama Tambien.

The trade says that they couldn't get in touch with him because they were told the director is shooting the third installment in London at this time. Production was originally scheduled to start on February 17th in London at the Leavesden Studios.

Now, here is an article from The Sun about the Knight Bus, but beware of some MAJOR SPOILERS within.....

NOW that’s magic! Schoolboy wizard Harry Potter hops aboard this TRIPLE-decker in his third movie.

The over-sized London bus makes its debut in Prisoner of Azkaban, currently being filmed.

Our sneak preview reveals the giant purple Knight Bus, a real three-deck vehicle created specially from a red London double decker for the film.

It was pictured in West London yesterday.

In the third film from JK Rowling’s stories, Harry — played by Daniel Radcliffe — escapes in the Ministry of Magic bus after he is confronted in the street by baddie Sirius Black, in the form of a black dog.

When Harry steps aboard he finds dozens of wizards lying on beds while they wait to reach their stops. The Knight Bus is used to rescue wizards in distress.

It can take them anywhere — except underwater — and clears a route through London in the most spectacular special effects sequence in the film.

But the dramatic scene was considered too dangerous for star Daniel, 13, and a stunt double acts in his place.

The first Harry Potter film, The Philosopher's Stone, premiered in 2001 and took £620million at the box office.

Last year the second Harry Potter book — Chamber of Secrets — repeated the success of the first movie.

One highlight was Harry’s sidekick Ron Weasley escaping a speeding train in a flying Ford Anglia.

Here are some images from that same article....

The Knight Bus.....

The beds on board......

Dan Radcliffe, who plays Harry, on set....

Now, to conclude this exciting day of PoA news, Rex has posted some images from the PoA set to be found at: http://www.rexfeatures.com/cgi-bin/r...zC42z5Tsmp1rpW.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:07 PM
The Knight Bus looks brilliant - exactly how I pictured it!
Old 02-14-2003, 08:41 AM
Old 02-14-2003, 10:04 AM
Coming Soon! has posted a set report, and some sweet photos...

Shooting on the third Harry Potter is underway already at Leavesden studios - A local road has been closed for about 12 hours a day for the past few days.

Got some pictures today but unforunately not much going on during daylight! When it gets dark those huge cranes lift lightboxes into the air to illuminate an area (I would guess) around 50 square metres. Not sure what exactly they are shooting as it is impossible to get very close.

Have tried taking some night pictures (the cranes can be seen for a good mile or so) but they look very bad! I will try to get some around dusk today or tomorrow, assuming the lighting is up.

Also, something is being built and stored in the back lot, hard to say what though.

Photos:

http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/im...ner_of_Azkaban
Old 02-14-2003, 10:57 PM
CountingDown.Com has posted a photograph of Daniel Radcliffe on the set of PoA. It appears that Cuaron plans to include the "Harry's untidy hair" plot, which I dig. I am starting to get VERY excited for this film, and summer 2004 seems so far away, well at least I'll have the first two on DVD.........

Old 02-15-2003, 06:20 PM
A while back before i was a shmoe you were talking about what should be the new teaser poster and i thought maybe scabers or a full moon near the dark forest and a demontor i thought those would be cool.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:04 PM
The Leaky Cauldron has posted some cool stuff dealing with shooting of PoA. First, is a set report, which is quite long, so I'll post a sample photo and some quoatage, and the URL for the rest......

"Later that afternoon, I decided we should go past it again - who knew what or who we'd see behind those big fences. As we got closer, we could see some of the road surrounding the studios were blocked off, and we could see some huge lights blaring over a largish area of houses close to the studio. Once we parked the van, we walked towards the area and found filming cameras and a group of about 30 people, along with police keeping an eye on onlookers. We'd managed to stumble upon the filming of PoA! They were filming parts of the scene where Harry's just run away from Privet Drive, and has caught glimpse of the big black dog when the arriving Knight Bus causes him to fall over the gutter."

Find more at: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/poasetreport.html

Second, is a set of two new shots of Dan on the set....

Now, this is an article from THIS IS GLOUCESTERSHIRE about a change in the location of Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry.....

Tourism in the county has been dealt another blow with the news that the next Harry Potter blockbuster will NOT be filmed at Gloucester Cathedral.

Cathedral officials say the third Potter film ??? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, will definitely not be shot in its world-famous cloisters. The shock news comes as The Citizen reveals that Prinknash Abbey Pottery has been forced to close because the company which owns it has gone into receivership.

And this follows the announcement earlier this year that the National Bird of Prey Centre, in Newent, was leaving the town and relocating to the southern USA in 2004.

However, Gloucestershire's tourism chief Chris Dee insisted the future was still bright for tourism in the county.

The Potter films' producers at Warner Brothers are neither denying or confirming the claim.

A spokeswoman said: "We can not say which locations we will use until it is officially announced in March."

Tourists flocked to the Cathedral to get a glimpse of the cloisters, which became the corridors of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the last two Potter films.

Geoff Crago, spokesman for the Cathedral, said: "We understood a few months ago it was very likely that the cloisters would be used for the third film.

"But we have now been told that will definitely not be the case. It is a big disappointment."

But he added: "Nevertheless, Harry Potter will, for many years to come, be associated with the Cathedral."

Another blow to the tourist industry in Gloucestershire comes with the closure of the Prinknash Abbey Pottery.

For many years, the main income of Prinknash Abbey, in Cranham, near Painswick, came from its pottery.

Monks from the 14th Century monastery started the business in 1942 from a hut in the old Abbey grounds.

But due to a dwindling number of visitors the abbey was forced to sell the pottery in 1996 to the Manchester-based company Heredities Ltd, who employed staff to take over the role of potters.

The pottery still operated on the abbey's premises and was open for public tours. Now all work there has ceased and its 12 employees have been made redundant.

The abbey, its bird park and its shop ??? which will sell the remaining pottery stock until it runs out ??? is still open as normal.

A spokesman for Heredities Ltd said its directors had decided to commence liquidation proceedings, but would not comment further.

Adrian Jones, general manager at the abbey, said: "We are trying to find alternative tenants for the pottery and hope that we can get it running again in some shape or form in the future.

"It is such a shame this has happened as pottery production is a very long-standing tradition here.

"It is world famous but I think pottery, in general, has lost its popularity.

"One of our managers will still be firing and decorating christening and birth goblets because they are very popular and they will be sold in the shop.

"But apart from that all production at the pottery has stopped."

It was also recently revealed that the legendary National Birds of Prey Centre, near Newent, plans to move to America.

Some falconry will continue at the May Hill centre, including teaching and courses, but these will not be open to the public in a drop-in basis.

The news comes after the publication of a damning report on the Government's attitude towards tourism in England.

The report, by the House of Commons Culture Committee, demanded a major injection of extra funding into the tourism industry.

Gloucestershire tourism officer Chris Dee, said: "I think the Government should take tourism more seriously.

"The fundamental point is that this area has greatly suffered in terms of tourism due to foot-and-mouth and then the events of September 11."

He said he was sad to hear the latest developments.

"It is, of course, disappointing to hear that filming for Harry Potter won't take place in the cloisters once again," he added.

"Apart from anything the visit by the film crew was an important piece of business for local hoteliers."

But he said he was confident that tourism in Gloucester has, and will continue, to thrive thanks to the magical world of Harry Potter.

He said the scenes filmed at the Cathedral were "out there forever" and had generated substantial positive international press coverage for Gloucester over the last two year, in places as far away as Japan and America.

He added: "There's no doubt in my mind that the city should be proud of its involvement with Harry Potter from the start, say 'that was great' and move on to the next big story.

"Gloucestershire is not the sort of place that only has one string to its bow."

Have a good day!
Old 02-18-2003, 10:44 PM
TheSnitch.co.uk has posted some great photos from the PoA set. First, are two new shots of the Knight Bus......

They've also added a photo of Ernie Prang, the bus driver.....

Also, CBBC Newsround has posted an article about that SET VISIT I posted yesterday.....

One hopeful Potter fan visiting England decided to take a chance and went to the Leavesden Studios near London, just in case they saw some Potter filming.

Amazingly, Allison and her mum happened upon the filming of the Magnolia Crescent scenes from Prisoner of Azkaban.

Like any true Potter fan, the Australian tourist immediately whipped out her camera and took all the pictures she could.

Allison managed to get this blurry pic of Daniel Radcliffe at least

Allison then sent all the images to the Leaky Cauldron website along with a report on her experiences.

In the book, Magnolia Crescent is where Harry first sees the Grim after running away from the Dursleys. It's also where the Knight Bus appears.

Although Allison talks about security being strict on set, they were obviously friendly too.

A television had been set up for onlookers and a nearby policeman seemed very informed, sharing gossip about the production.

Old 02-20-2003, 08:37 PM
Coming Soon! has posted an article about the filming of PoA, which features comments from some involved like producer David Heyman and director Alfonso Cuaron. The article also includes information about who is playing Sir Cadogan and Albus Dumbledore.....

Warner Bros. Pictures' Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban will commence principal photography in Leavesden, England, on February 24, it was announced today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Renowned actors Gary Oldman, Timothy Spall (Nicholas Nickleby), Michael Gambon (Gosford Park), David Thewlis (Timeline), Pam Ferris (Matilda) and Paul Whitehouse (star of the BBC's The Fast Show) have joined the esteemed ensemble cast of the film, which is being directed by Academy Award nominee Alfonso Cuaron (Y Tu Mama Tambien) and produced by David Heyman, Chris Columbus and Mark Radcliffe.

The executive producers of the film are Michael Barnathan and Callum McDougall. The screenplay is by Steve Kloves.

In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and his friends Ron and Hermione return as teenagers to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for their third year of study, where they delve into the mystery surrounding an escaped prisoner who poses a dangerous threat to the young wizard.

"We couldn't be more excited about 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' being in the hands of such a relentlessly imaginative director as Alfonso Cuaron, and are thrilled about the new actors he has assembled to join our already established cast," said David Heyman.

"To be entrusted with such rich and beloved material, and given the opportunity to collaborate with this extraordinary cast and crew on the next Harry Potter adventure is an honor," Alfonso Cuaron said. "I look forward to bringing this intricate story to the screen and sharing it with film audiences around the world."

"I'm so proud to have been involved in this truly amazing film series, both as a director and a producer," added Chris Columbus. "I look forward to seeing it grow as Alfonso and the cast and crew further our imaginations with their truly inspired work."

In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Gary Oldman plays Sirius Black, the eponymous prisoner whose escape is thought to pose a great threat to Harry Potter; Michael Gambon plays the role of Professor Dumbledore, Hogwarts' venerable headmaster; Timothy Spall portrays Peter Pettigrew, an old friend of Harry's father, James Potter, from their days at Hogwarts; David Thewlis plays Professor Lupin, the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor who harbors a mysterious secret; Pam Ferris plays Harry's overbearing Aunt Marge; and Paul Whitehouse portrays Sir Caddogan, a Knight who becomes the temporary guardian of Gryffindor Tower.

Reprising their roles from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets are Daniel Radcliffe in the title role; Emma Watson as Hermione Granger; Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley; Robbie Coltrane as Hagrid; David Bradley as Argus Filch; Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy; Richard Griffiths as Uncle Vernon Dursley; Robert Hardy as Cornelius Fudge; Alan Rickman as Professor Snape; Fiona Shaw as Aunt Petunia Dursley; Dame Maggie Smith as Professor McGonagall; Julie Walters as Mrs. Weasley; and Mark Williams as Mr. Weasley.

A photo included with the article is of Alfonso Cuaron and Daniel Radcliffe talking about a scene in front of the Knight Bus. To check out the photo, click on the following link: http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/im...1.jpg&img=&tt=.

Enjoy!

Last edited by dh1989; 02-23-2003 at 01:12 PM..
Old 02-22-2003, 04:44 AM
hope this film is better than the first and second.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:11 PM
Disaster Strikes!

The Scotsman has published an article about a disaster on the set of "Prisoner of Azkaban". Read......

The new Harry Potter movie yesterday set the heather alight, months before it is due to be seen by cinema audiences.

During filming, the veteran steam train cast as the Hogwarts Express sparked a fire which destroyed up to 50 acres of heather moorland and trees on a Highland hillside.

A helicopter had to be brought in to bomb the blaze with water as over 20 firefighters and forestry workers struggled to prevent the fire, close to the Glenfinnan Viaduct in the West Highlands, from spreading and causing more damage. At one stage, fire was raging along a one-mile front.

Film-makers working for Warner Brothers were filming scenes for the third Potter movie - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Filming was temporarily suspended in the wake of the fire.

The train is used as the Hogwarts Express, which, in the JK Rowling novels and the films, magically transports Harry and his fellow pupils to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It has been used in the previous two Harry Potter films.

Sparks flying from the wheels of the train or from its funnel are believed to have ignited tinder-dry undergrowth as the train completed a run over the 90ft-high viaduct towards Glenfinnan station. Unusually for February, the area has not had any rain for 10 days.

The film-makers must have wished they had access to the Hogwarts book of spells for a vanishing trick as the blaze, which started around 12.30pm, raged out of control.

Although four appliances from Fort William and Mallaig rushed to the scene, fire chiefs quickly decided that a helicopter was needed to tackle the fire.

A spokeswoman for the Highlands and Islands Fire Brigade said: "We have dealt with several fires of this type across the Highlands today, but the Glenfinnan incident is clearly the largest."

One eyewitness described the fire as "absolutely spectacular". He said: "It looked as though the whole hillside was going up in flames. It was amazing to see the smoke and the flames dominating the landscape."

The devastated hillside belongs to the Glenfinnan estates, which is being paid by Warners Brothers for access to its land for filming.

A spokeswoman for the estate said: "The fire had a front of about a mile in length at one point and got into a forestry plantation.

"I wouldn’t like to say what caused the fire. The crew are here filming Harry Potter and they have been reversing the Hogwarts Express backward and forward over the Glenfinnan Viaduct."

The picturesque railway line had been closed yesterday to accommodate the filming. ScotRail passengers were being diverted by bus.

Around 40 extras, children recruited from local primary and secondary schools, were sent home early.

Sandra MacCallum’s son Lewis was one of the children, aged between eight and 14, who are being paid £35 a day to be extras on the Hogwarts Express.

She said: "He has had a great time, but I don’t think the youngsters were there at the time the fire started. Its great money for the youngsters."

The steam engine that was being used is owned by the West Highland Railway company.

The West Highland scenery has already ‘starred’ in the two previous films - Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - with Glen Nevis and the Glenfinnan Viaduct being prominently used in some spectacular scenes.

Locals had welcomed the film-makers back with enthusiasm, as the exposure received for the area from its prominence in the second film created a tourism bonanza.

Highland councillors expect the area to bank at least £3m from the filming of the third instalment alone.

Around 400 cast and crew are involved in the production and planning permission has just been granted for massive film sets in Glencoe and Fort William. The Hogwarts School of Magic Wizardry will be built at Torren near Clachaig. The longer term tourist revenue is likely to dwarf the initial direct income.

Visitor numbers at the Wallace Monument in Stirling more than doubled after Braveheart, which involved six weeks of filming in Scotland, and Badenoch and Strathspey now markets itself as Monarch Country to cash in on the international success of the Monarch of the Glen television series.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, due out next year, marks the directorial debut in the Potter series of Mexican Alfonso Cuaron, taking over from Christopher Columbus.

It appears no one was hurt.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:38 PM
That could have been a tragedy!
Old 02-28-2003, 08:15 PM
icSouthlondon has posted an article about PoA shooting.....

HARRY Potter is coming to south London to film part of the latest chapter in the epic saga due for release next year.

Last-minute preparations were being made to a set under the railway bridge at Borough Market this week, for one of the scenes from the long-awaited Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is due to be shot next week.

Workmen were putting together a temporary brick doorway leading into premises underneath the bridge to be featured in the final production.

This is the latest in a series of film and television productions to be set in the south London location, which have included Bridget Jones' Diary, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Entrapment, which starred Bafta award winner Catherine Zeta Jones and Sean Connery.

In this film, the third of the series of JK Rowling's popular Harry Potter books, the teenage wizard comes face-to-face with Sirius Black, an escapee of a notorious prison for wizards.

Yet again young Harry's life is put at risk by the followers of the evil wizard Voldermort, but fear not, the lad and his mates will undoubtedly save the day.

The part of Sirius Black is played by New Crossborn actor Gary Oldman, who was a student at the Rose Bruford College of Speech and Drama in Sidcup from 1976 to 1979.

Timothy Spall, who lives in Honor Oak, is also appearing in the film as Peter Pettigrew.

And it seems the workmen are not new to the world of film, as painted along the ladder was the title of the most recent film, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Winifred Joseph, assistant financial controller at Borough Market, said: "I can confirm that filming of the Harry Potter film will be taking place at the weekend, on Sunday.

"The Third Hand Book Emporium is not one of our shops, that is something the film crew has created."
Old 03-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Brazillian Harry Potter film site has posted 12 new, and cool, shots from the Poa set

http://www.harrypotterofilme.hpg.ig.com.br/index.html

Just look for this heading:

"EXCLUSIVO: Imagens do set de Harry Potter e o prisioneiro de Azkaban em Londres"
Old 03-05-2003, 09:50 AM
There is a large update today for all of you! All of these photos and news are here thanks to the best Potter website on the internet, "The Leaky Cauldron".......

First, here are some cool new photos from filming. Due to their immense size, I'll just post the links.....

Daniel Radcliffe films a scene in Diagon Alley!

The crew films a scene involving STAN SHUNPIKE!

The Knight Bus is parked during the day, awaiting the busy night shoots.

A crew films the Knight Bus.

Another shot of the Knight Bus being filmed.

Click here to learn more about Jimmy Gardner, who shall play Ernie Prang, the Knight Bus driver, in the third Potter film!

Click here for CBBC Newsround's many pictures from the PoA set!

Enjoy!
Old 03-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Sean Biggerstaff made it official today. He will not play Oliver Wood in the Harry Potter film. I'll miss him, he was great as Wood, and I wish him luck in all future projects!
Old 03-10-2003, 12:57 PM
Click here to read Potter fan's reactions to Sean Biggerstaff (Oliver Wood) not appearing in PoA.
Old 03-11-2003, 01:53 AM
Does not having Oliver mean there will be no Quidditch. It better not , it's a important part of POA. If there is no Quidditch I will forever hate the new director , unless he manages to bring more Draco and Hermione into it of course.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:38 PM
I wonder why Biggerstaff decided not to come back? Sure, he's a cute fellow and's got a lovely accent...but, he's not exactly getting any Oscar nods anytime soon.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:29 PM
It wasn't up to Sean. The "powers that be" said the character of Oliver Wood will not be in the movie.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:27 PM
The Leaky Cauldron has posted an interesting set report from the PoA shoot at King's Cross Station! Read it below.....

I heard a rumour about filming at King's Cross train station in London awhile back. It was supposedly taking place on Sunday March 23, 2003 at 7am.

On Sat, March 22, I happened to be going to London and the only way for me to get there is to take a train directly from Hatfield (where I live) to K. Cross. I was talking to my friend Sarah and she asked if I was going to go in the next day to see the filming. I said no because I wasn't sure if the filming was actually going on, and if I wasted my time and money and got up at the crack of dawn to go, and there was no filming, I would have cried.

So we got to London Sat. about noon and all looked normal in K. Cross. I decided I wasn't going to bother the next day.

We got back to K. Cross at 9 pm to go home and there it was: a giant sign in front of the footbridge over the tracks that said, "Closed due to filming." The footbridge was where they filmed Harry and Hagrid in the first movie.

I knew then and there that it was for real.

I got there Sundary morning and saw some guys walk by me with lighting equipment. I almost cried because they were bringing it to a truck outside.

Then I walked into the station and what did I see? Hogwarts Express, giantly purple with steam coming from it. And all the fancy Platform 9 3/4 signs on the walls.

There were only 4 or so other people there, one of them being the girl who wrote to BBC Newsround and TLC after seeing filming at Crescent Moon - I met her and she was cool.

Soon, we went down the platform next to the Express, with nothing between us and the filming crew/actors but the actual train. They literally filmed with us in the backround.. Then they kept doing takes of the same scene with us standing there in the backround! The train was leaving and all the people were waving bye.

We had to leave the platform after awhile and stood near the gate where the actors had to come and go if they had to "take a break".

Within 5 minutes, Mrs. Weasley (Julie Walters) went on break - after she came out I asked for her autograph and got it. She was really nice!

We kept seeing the doubles for Daniel and Emma - the real ones weren't there - but Dan's double is a spitting image of him.

Rupert Grint was there, the Phelps twins, who play Fred and George Weasley, and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley's actors, Walters and Mark Williams). I got Mr. Weasley's (Mark Williams) autograph and George's (Oliver Phelps) at the end of filming. Then, Rupert came out. He couldn't sign autographs, the guard wouldn't let him stop. There were only about 5 of us there though, no one else knew about the filming. But Rupert was two feet in front of my face, had to walk by me to leave the station. There were no crowds or anything at all.

And then, the guard gave me an 8x10 black and white photo of the trio, signed by all three of them.

So, all in all an exciting day, though it left me exhausted. But I don't mind at all!
Old 03-25-2003, 11:24 AM
The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) has an article about a strike on the set of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban that could cause some problems.....

Filming on the set of the new Harry Potter movie has been thrown into turmoil - after workers voted to strike over a pay row. Construction staff for Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban are due to walk out this Friday, only weeks after shooting started. British tabloid The Sun reports that talks between set painters, carpenters and builders, and film bosses broke down late last week. The construction personnel were demanding an eight per cent pay rise - but movie-makers Warner Bros allegedly refused. Now - with some parts of the set only half built - workers will be packing away their tools, which means filming will come to a complete halt until an agreement is reached. One worker on the Leavesden Studios set in Hertfordshire, England, told The Sun, "None of us have had a pay rise since we worked on the first Harry Potter film more than three years ago. We had a meeting on Friday and were told we weren't going to be getting any more money. Around 90 per cent of the construction team said they will walk out. We won't return until this is resolved. If that means the film is delayed reaching cinemas, so be it. The ball is in the bosses' court now."
Old 03-28-2003, 07:57 PM
I have two stories for you today! First, is a bit with Emma Watson, from Coming Soon!, about the physical changes of the child cast and how Hermione will change in the third film....

The powers behind the "Harry Potter" films have been concerned about their young stars growing out of their roles before they get all the movies made, report columnists Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith.

"I've grown loads, and so has everyone else. I definitely see changes in everyone," says 12-year-old Emma Watson, who plays Hermione. She just started filming Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, with Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint, and says, "We're the same age as our characters - nobody is trying to make us look younger."

Watson says we'll be seeing lots more of her in the third film than the last time around. "You're going to see changes in Hermione. She actually becomes a bit of a rebel. She's not going to take anything from anybody else."

And here is a piece about the crisis on the set of PoA ended from This Is Hertfordshire!.....

Construction workers set to walk out of filming of the third instalment of Harry Potter have called off the strike.

The freelance painters, carpenters and builders were due to strike on Friday, March 28, following a pay dispute with filmmaker Warner Bros.

The workers, who claim they have not received a pay rise in four years, were demanding an eight per cent increase.

However, the strike was called off after their union, the Broadcasting Entertainment Cinematograph and Theatre Union (BECTU), reached an agreement with Warner Bros chiefs.

Filming of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban will continue as normal.

Assistant general secretary of BECTU Martin Spence was "absolutely delighted" with the proposal by Warner Bros, which has been accepted by members.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:19 PM
DH I bet you feel like I'm I posting this for nothing because nobody else has anything else to say well i would like to thank you for keeping me up to date with the new harry potter film so what im saying is your not doing this for nothing *begins to cry*
Old 03-29-2003, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DevilMonkey
DH I bet you feel like I'm I posting this for nothing because nobody else has anything else to say well i would like to thank you for keeping me up to date with the new harry potter film so what im saying is your not doing this for nothing *begins to cry*
Thanks, DevilMonkey!
Old 03-31-2003, 11:01 PM
CBBC Newsround has posted a great article about Hagrid's locations in PoA....

This pile of scaffolding is about to be magically turned into a hideaway for Hagrid for the third Harry Potter film.
The makers of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban have spent £2m on making a set for the film in Scotland.

Hagrid's hideaway is perched 3,000ft up a mountain in Glencoe. The set will also include the gatehouse to Harry's school, Hogwarts.

The Sunday Mirror newspaper also says 400 cast and crew members will be moving to Glencoe for the filming.

Potter 3 started shooting in February.

Old faves - including Daniel Radcliffe as Harry and Robbie Coltrane as Hagrid - have been joined by loads of new stars, including Gary Oldman as Sirius Black.

There have already been a few hiccups with the shoot. A fire in the Highlands halted filming and then some of the crew threatened to go on strike.

But everything's been sorted out now and Hagrid's hideaway will soon take shape.

Also, Coming Soon! has posted an article featuring quotes from producer David Heyman and GARY OLDMAN......

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban producer David Heyman spoke with the San Francisco Chronicle about the switch in directors.

WATCH OUT FOR SPOILERS!

Heyman pointed out that in "Prisoner of Azkaban," the third in the Potter series, Harry and his pals have become teenagers. "Alfonso dealt with boys at the end of adolescence in his last movie, and in 'Harry Potter' he will deal with boys at the beginning, so there's a logical connection," Heyman said. Cuaron will have more time to craft his "Potter" installment than his predecessor. "Prisoner of Azkaban" won't be out until June 2004.

Gary Oldman was also asked about his role as the prisoner of Azkaban...

Gary Oldman, not known for appearing in children's movies, shares title- role honors with Harry. Oldman plays Harry's godfather, Sirius Black, who was framed for the deaths of Harry's parents and banished to Azkaban without a trial. "It's great being on the set," he told us. "It's like joining a family."

Last edited by dh1989; 03-31-2003 at 11:04 PM..
Old 04-02-2003, 08:01 PM
Tons of PoA set news today!

First, The Leaky Cauldron has recieved a brief set report. Beware of some minor spoilers.....

We went along to the POA filming in Palmers green yesterday and got chatting to a man working on the film; he was telling us some of the scenes that had been shot already - the aunt Marge bit is slightly different from the book, apparently she floats out into the conservatory and then into the sky, Uncle Vernon grabs her ankle and the dog jumps at his. Also ... they've kept ... Snape dressed in woman's clothing when the students have their lesson about boggarts with Lupin. Oh and apparently the models of the Dementors are really scary.

Also, Palmers has posted a set report and some photos....

We went back to Palmers Green on Tuesday night and saw the huge lights pointing down at an area at the bottom of Hedge Lane (I think that's the road). It was a fairly typical London suburban area which I guess is what they want. Part of the road was blocked off from 1900-0000. We were told no actors would be there. Once again this was the 2nd unit and they were just shooting the KB driving down the road. We timed it well - after about 5 mins of waiting (in the freezing cold!!) they started shooting. THe bus pulls out of Larches raod and swings road the corner and up the road, tilting incredibly as it corned and swerved past on coming cars! They did 2 takes while we were there.

Just before leaving we walked round the back or Larches Road hoping to see the bus from a distance. But it was sooo much better. They let us go right up to it, take as many photos as we wanted. I had 2 photos taken of me holding the hand rail 'about to get on'!! :-) Looked inside - there were 3 simple beds downstairs with a chair near the front - I guess for Stan. Very basic - far from luxurious travel in every sense.

Here are their photos....

Last edited by dh1989; 04-02-2003 at 08:10 PM..
Old 04-02-2003, 08:15 PM
Also, I forgot to post these sweet pictures from MuggleNet.....

Old 04-05-2003, 02:27 PM
The Mirror debuted a small article talking to Anna Friel, David Thewlis' girlfriend, talking about his role in the next Potter film.....

"David is just starting work on the new Harry Potter film, so we'll have even less time together. He is playing Professor Lupin and has now become the favourite with all our friends who've got kids. Their eyes are huge with awe at the fact that David is going to be meeting Harry Potter. It will be brilliant - I'm really excited for him.

It will be nice to say to our kids one day, 'look there's Daddy,' especially with Gary Oldman and Michael Gambon, who is taking over the Richard Harris role of Professor Dumbledore. But I won't be as popluar as he is - the girlfriend of Professor Lupin doesn't sound quite as cool."

Old 04-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Those pictures look great!!
Old 04-06-2003, 04:50 PM
This movie is going to be by far the most magical based on just those pictures.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:58 PM
I thought some of you might4 fight this interesting, I read it at BBC Newsround:

"Before Tuesday's launch Heyman says they finished a scene in the Gryffindor Common Room where Professor McGonagall is furious after Neville has left the password list lying aorund, as well as some of the Boggart scene."

Last edited by Horror whore; 04-09-2003 at 08:02 PM..
Old 04-09-2003, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Horror whore
"Boggart scene."
Old 04-09-2003, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Horror whore
"Before Tuesday's launch Heyman says they finished a scene in the Gryffindor Common Room where Professor McGonagall is furious after Neville has left the password list lying aorund, as well as some of the Boggart scene."
That single paragraph makes me so incredibly happy. The Boggart scene was very clever and one the funnest scene in PoA. It'll be a dark film, but this great scene should provide some nice laughs for the audience. Very exciting news. Thanks Horror Whore!
Old 04-09-2003, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dh1989
That single paragraph makes me so incredibly happy. The Boggart scene was very clever and one the funnest scene in PoA. It'll be a dark film, but this great scene should provide some nice laughs for the audience. Very exciting news. Thanks Horror Whore!
Including comic relif