Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2003, 08:55 PM
CBBC Newsround covered the CoS DVD launch. While talking to the stars, the topic of shooting PoA naturally came up. Here's the great article....

Rupert Grint couldn't be happier.

No, not because it's finally dawned on him that he's one of the Big Three actors in one of the most successful films of all time.

Or because he's got an army of girl fans following his every move.

But because, simply, he doesn't have to go to school.

Fair enough.

The Ron Weasley actor is back on the set of Harry Potter 3, where he belongs.

"I'm having so much fun," he told Newsround. "Filming is sooo much better than school, it's so good to get back to it.

'Suck up'

"We've been doing it for six weeks now and we're having such a laugh. It's weird - me, Daniel and Emma get on really, really well now. They're cool.

"I had to go back to school for a bit. My friends were great - it's the teachers who are the problem. They suck up a bit. I'm sorry!"

Rupert may be in the thick of filming the Prisoner of Azkaban right now, but that doesn't give him any privileges with a certain JK Rowling. He said he "couldn't wait" for book five, but he'd have to go out and buy it like the rest of us.

No sneak previews for the stars then!

Rupert's on-screen brothers, Chris Rankin (Percy) and Oliver and James Phelps (the twins), were almost as happy to be back filming. But they were quick to put young Rupert in his place.

"Rupert's a little brat!" Chris joked. "Filming's awful 'cos he's such a horrible child. Only joking Rupert!"

The twins added: "Being on set is just like going back to school. Everyone's like, 'hi, did you have a nice summer?' It's such a laugh."

Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger, said she was ecstatic to be back on the set of Potter 3, even though filming is pretty time consuming.

"It does take up a lot of your life," she told Newsround. "But it's worth it. It's a fantastic experience.

"I completely understand that I've been handed this on a silver plate. But it's really cool."

All of the young cast have had to cope with massive attention since the Philosopher's Stone came out in 2001. And some cope with it differently to others.

Sean Biggerstaff, who plays Quidditch heartthrob Oliver Wood, reckons he has a sneaky way of hiding from fans.

He told Newsround: "I avoid it by going out in disguise. I wear a beard and long hair, so it's not a problem for me!"

But Sean's cool about not being not being in Potter 3, even though his dedicated fans started a petition to keep him in it.

"It's a huge book, something has to go. It's fair enough. I wish them all well, but I might be back!" he said.

Old 04-09-2003, 08:58 PM
I read that over on btheat site Horor Whore gave a link to interesting stuff if you ask me BTW DH ireally like how you color your words.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:08 PM
it's a shame that we have to wait till 2004 to Harry Potter & the Prisioner of Azkaban.
Old 04-13-2003, 04:06 PM
CASTING NEWS!

The Leaky Cauldron has revealed new PoA casting tidbits!

Julie Christie ("Doctor Zhivago"), pictured above, will portray Madam Rosmerta, the barmaid at The Three Broomsticks, Hogsmeade's number one spot for butterbeer, in the 2004 Warner Brothers release "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"

Comedian Dawn French ("Maybe Baby"), pictured above, will portray The Fat Lady, the portrait who protects the Gryffindor common room at Hogwarts, in the 2004 Warner Brothers release "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

I wonder why Elizabeth Spriggs, the actress who played The Fat Lady in the first Potter film, can not return. The only logical explanation could be she is busy with here British television show "Swiss Toni". Too bad, she was quite good, but I've heard many people say French is hilarious, so this is good news, I suppose.

Last edited by dh1989; 04-22-2003 at 12:57 PM..
Old 04-16-2003, 04:30 PM
Woah....

I didn't know filming had even been greenlit yet and look at all the progress they made. I just read all 4 pages of this thread and dh I want to say thank you for all your research and time it really really brought me up to date with this movie

I'm going to try to become a regular on this thread now that I've discovered it. The third installment was by far my favourite of the series and the one I have always looked foward to wanting to see on the big screen.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bowieee
dh I want to say thank you for all your research and time it really really brought me up to date with this movie
Thanks, it is great to have a new reader!

Here is some new news from CBBC Newsround....

With filming going well for The Prisoner of Azkaban, more sneak preview snaps are coming out showing various bits of set.

And we have got our hands on exclusive pictures of Hagrid's hut, some mysterious pumpkins and a spooky scarecrow which will have Potter fans wondering!

Recently you might have seen pictures in newspapers showing what was reported to be Hagrid's mountain hideaway.

The snaps, showing a hut surrounded with scaffolding, were taken from a film set in Glencoe in the Scottish Highlands.

But our exclusive pictures show the almost-completed hut.

And it's not Hagrid's "hideaway"!

It is in fact Hagrid's hut in Hogwarts' grounds.

As well as that, you can see loads of pumpkins and a scarecrow dressed in a Hogwarts uniform.

Professional photographer, Luke, who took the photos told CBBC Newsround's website: "Glencoe is quite a popular snowboarding and skiing place.

"You can see where the hut has been built from the road going up to one of big hotels there."

He had already been there once to snap the hut when it was being built.

But he told us: "The second time I went there, I went up and around the hill behind. You can't see that bit from the road."

Luke also told us there were loads and loads of boxes labelled "pumpkins" around the set.

Perhaps the pumpkins are for scenes leading up to Hallowe'en and Sirius Black attacks?

Or are they there for bits featuring Hagrid's Care of Magical Creatures lessons?

You can also see in the main picture there are two spires. That's because two huts have been built there so scenes can be filmed in different ways.

We can't wait for more!

Here is the photo of Hagrid's renovated hut....

And the pumpkins and scarecrow.....

Old 04-22-2003, 02:35 PM

So why are they building Hagrid's hut again?
Old 04-23-2003, 04:36 AM
i'm glad that dawn french is in it because she is a great actress/comedian.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:14 PM
I can't say whether this is 100% reliable, but in an article in a German magazine, available with a partial translation at

http://www.danielradcliffeexposed.com/

Daniel mentions a "quidditch match in which the special effects will put everything in the shade--It's called: Quidditch in Lightning and thunder! Also Heyman says its 90% sure that Daniel will be back for the fourth movie (translation wrongly says 3rd)
Old 04-24-2003, 09:12 PM
I like that new look for hagrids shack but I'm sort of scared what sort of visual direction this new director will take.... Way back when the first movie was coming out I had full faith in christopher columbus due to his track record but this guy I 'm not so sure about *gulp*

Pllllease be good
Old 04-25-2003, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bowieee
this guy I 'm not so sure about *gulp*
If you get the chance to check out Y Tu Mama Tambien or A Little Princess, that should give you confidence that Alfonso Cuaron can deliver a superb Harry Potter film.
Old 04-25-2003, 02:52 PM
A Quidditch match during a storm would be uber cool! It was during a storm in the book but I'd think it'd be pretty hard to film... (How do they film Quidditch anyway? I've never seen any pictures of the crew filming any part of a Quiditch scene...) It'd be the perfect atmosphere for the dementors to enter and for Harry to fall off his broom...
Old 04-25-2003, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Horror whore
A Quidditch match during a storm would be uber cool! It was during a storm in the book but I'd think it'd be pretty hard to film... (How do they film Quidditch anyway? I've never seen any pictures of the crew filming any part of a Quiditch scene...) It'd be the perfect atmosphere for the dementors to enter and for Harry to fall off his broom...
It is a secret! They won't tell!
Old 04-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Quote:
They will have the quidditch in a storm and they film qudditch by having the kids sit on broomsticks in a green room with a fan blowinjg in their face, and them making silly fces (like ah! BLUDGER!) And then I think they film people in crowds then in the end they put them all together to create a scene of quidditch , I think
Old 04-25-2003, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DevilMonkey
They will have the quidditch in a storm and they film qudditch by having the kids sit on broomsticks in a green room with a fan blowinjg in their face, and them making silly fces (like ah! BLUDGER!) And then I think they film people in crowds then in the end they put them all together to create a scene of quidditch , I think
That's what I thought too... It'd be nice to see some footage of them filming it though, but since the DVD is made for 5 year-olds there isn't any footage like that on the DVDs.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Quote:
That's what I thought too... It'd be nice to see some footage of them filming it though, but since the DVD is made for 5 year-olds there isn't any footage like that on the DVDs.
You are correct, sadly...
Old 04-29-2003, 01:54 AM
I've got the attention span of a 5 year old so they go down well with me
Old 04-29-2003, 07:27 AM
I agree that a Quidditch game in a rough storm would be pretty cool, but I doubt it'll happen. Due to the fact that Oliver Wood is not returning to play Oliver Wood in the third film, I doubt Quidditch will be in it at all. It is a long book, some things need to go to make sure it is a suitable length....

Here is an article from The Electronic Herald (UK) about Harry Potter fans in Glencoe stealing from the set of "The Prisoner of Azkaban"....

Souvenir hunters have spirited away some of the props from the Harry Potter film set in Glencoe.

Security has been stepped up after polystyrene pumpkins and plaster rocks were removed or vandalised.

Film company construction crews have been working with local tradesmen to construct a Harry Potter land near the Clachaig Gully.

Filming on location for Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban is due to start next weekend, and 350 members of cast and crew have been drafted in to Glencoe and the surrounding area.

However, sightseers, souvenir hunters - and vandals - have not been thwarted by any of Harry Potter's magic spells.

Much of the set, including Hagrid's Hut - the hexagonal stone structure Robbie Coltrane's character lives in - is built so close to the A82 Glasgow to Fort William trunk road it has become a visitor attraction.

Alongside the hut is a Sundial Garden, Pumpkin Patch and a Scarecrow. On the mountainside above is a huge turreted gatehouse and a massive staircase walkway leading through an Archway to Nowhere, which actually looks across to Ben Nevis.

The problem of pilfering may be down to the fact that part of the set is on a mountain-track right of way for walkers, climbers and mountaineers.

Here is an article about Mr. Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) from The Age (Australia). Most of it is about his turn as Mr. Darling/Captain Hook in the upcoming Peter Pan, but he does shed some light on his thoughts about Mr. Malfoy and the Potter filming experience.....

And last year, he gained a foothold in the Harry Potter series by playing wily wizard Lucius Malfoy, who is the white-haired father of Draco (played by Tom Felton) and an active Death Eater who keeps a secret chamber under his drawing room to conceal his Dark Arts equipment.

"I try not to be a cartoon but obviously he's a particularly unctuous man with some repulsive, disgusting views," says Isaacs when asked how he approached his role in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. "But currently - and certainly at the time - it seems to me that there were people like that getting elected all over Europe. With all these right-wing politicians and racist anti-immigration rants everywhere, it just didn't seem that farfetched that a leader of men would be talking about these things."

As for the challenge of working alongside the film's top-shelf cast, most of whom had already teamed up for the first Harry Potter film? "On the one hand you get a film like this with all those beautiful British characters and what I'm trying to do is outham them all," says Isaacs. "On the other hand, in order to pull it all off you've got to find something real about this guy."

Chamber of Secrets, which has just been released in Australia on DVD, is likely to be the first of several Isaac appearances in the Potter films, but almost certainly won't be his last. Although Malfoy doesn't appear in the upcoming Prisoner of Azkaban, he is set to return in the subsequent Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Last edited by dh1989; 04-29-2003 at 07:30 AM..
Old 05-05-2003, 10:00 PM
CNN has posted a long piece about composer John Williams (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Hook). For some time, Williams was telling the press he had not been signed to score PoA, but it is now confirmed. Most of the article is about his work on Speilberg's projects, like Catch Me If You Can. Here is the part that confirms the PoA news....

And the indefatigable composer shows no signs of slowing down. In addition to the upcoming "Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban," he's looking forward to some more projects with Spielberg, with whom he's worked regularly since the 1970s.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:42 AM
The Snitch has posted the first photos ever of the Dementors....!

WOW!

Last edited by dh1989; 05-15-2003 at 10:51 AM..
Old 05-15-2003, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dh1989
The Snitch has posted the first photos ever of the Dementors....!

WOW!

Oh
My
God!

I though that there would b never a movie to better The Chamber of Secrets but the early stuff posted about Prisoner of Azkaban is fantastic. The Knight Bus was very cool but the dementors are..

Oh
My
God!

Last edited by dh1989; 05-25-2003 at 02:13 PM..
Old 05-15-2003, 10:21 AM
dh, I need a favor, whether through this thread or a private message, can you tell me about the main websites through which I can follow the HP news or read\see some cool stuff about the movies or the books?
I'll be some thankful!

PS: Great job on this thread
Old 05-15-2003, 03:57 PM
There is no way this movie will get anything lower than PG-13...
Old 05-15-2003, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by xirtam
There is no way this movie will get anything lower than PG-13...
In a uncle vernon voice:

To right you are.

I can not believe how fricking awsome that pic of the dementors is.... It shall soon be my new avatar if anyone will make it for me.... I am so psched! I love that pic! I feel like crying... I just clapped.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Quote:

I can not believe how fricking awsome that pic of the dementors is.... It shall soon be my new avatar if anyone will make it for me.... I am so psched! I love that pic! I feel like crying... I just clapped.
I have no words.... Okay, I do, AMAZING! And I want it as my avatar too, I guess we'll both have the same one!
Old 05-19-2003, 11:07 AM
Here is a small blurb from The Daily Express about the animals in the "Harry Potter" films.....

Animal trainer Julie Tottman, 32, gave the £1,000 hound a home and job after its owner took ill. He already played back-up in the second Potter film and this is his first time as lead dog.

A second mastiff named Hugo has retired as Hagrid's pet, with a third, Bella on the sidelines.

Julie, who runs Herefordshire-based Birds and Animals, said: "This breed is very strong willed and don't make good family pets, but they can be very loving."

Animals are all over the Harry Potter set, including a fox, raven, snowy owls and budgies. A Warner Brothers spokesman said: "Two other stand-in mastiffs were also rescued, one as the result of a divorce, the other because of bad treatment".
Old 05-19-2003, 01:46 PM
Quote:
I have no words.... Okay, I do, AMAZING! And I want it as my avatar too, I guess we'll both have the same one!
I was going to make it my avatar too!
Next new hot pic will be MINE!
Old 05-20-2003, 08:43 AM
Here is today's update on the film adaptation of "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban"......

First, this is an update on the shooting from CBBC Newsround.....

Harry Potter magic is once again casting a spell over tourism in the UK as Potter spotters flock to filming in the Highlands.

Over 400 cast and crew have set up camp around Glencoe where a huge open-air set has been built on the side of a mountain.

And local towns and villages are noticing how good it's all been for their businesses since filming started properly on Thursday.

Muggles from all over the country have been winging their way to the Highlands for a glimpse of the magic being created there.

Hagrid's hut has been built and there is a smallish castle structure too, says one local councillor.

He told the BBC: "The set looks wonderful - many people locally want to keep it but planners have said no."

The same thing happened with the first two Potter flicks. Filming took place in different places around the country, including Alnwick Castle in Northumberland.

Fans flocked to have their photos taken where Ron and Harry stood in the films.

And what that meant was the hotels and shops in those areas also had loads more visitors.

But Glencoe is no stranger to big Hollywood stars setting up home in their towns.

The scenery of Glencoe is extremely dramatic and ghostly. It's full of history and has been used in films for over 30 years.

Braveheart, Rob Roy and Highlander have all been filmed there.

The release date for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban hasn't been decided on, but it's thought it will hit our screens sometime in 2004.

Second is a update from the local Glencoe paper, Lochaber, on the shooting......

Harry Potter’s Hogwarts School has banned new pupils, film bosses have revealed
Dozens of youngsters want to be among the new intake at the famous school of magic and earn themselves a place alongside the young wizard and his friends.
But they’ve been told they’re not welcome.
And it’s got nothing to do with Harry’s arch-enemy the evil Draco Malfoy or Professor Snape – the move is down to studio bosses filming Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban at Glencoe.
Warner Brothers has been inundated with requests from kids and parents to be extras on set during the location shoot in the gloomy glen.
The scheduled start to the filming by Warner Brothers put on hold until today (Thursday) after incessant rain in Lochaber which even Harry couldn’t magic away!
But even the odd touch of snow hasn’t put off keen kids who want to appear as extras in next summer’s blockbuster.
Warner Brothers’ spokeswoman Vanessa Davies said yesterday: “We would say to children or adults who want to come along: ‘Please don’t think
there’s any chance that you’re going in the film’.
“We are getting calls from kids or parents or schools asking if they can come along to the film set and be extras.
“We do not have any need for them. We just don’t want children to come along and be disappointed.
“We don’t need that many to be involved as we have scenes that don’t require many extras.
“When you have children you are required to apply to the local council for a licence – what we are trying to do is discourage kids from coming along.”
Today (Thursday) 40 local schoolchildren who have parts as Harry’s disciples are hoping the cameras will capture them in Glencoe.
The 20 boys and 20 girls, all aged 13-14, who will be dressed in wizard and witch costumes are all agog at the prospect of their screen debuts.
They will feature mainly in the Sundial Garden outside Hagrid’s Hut.
Ms Davies said big names like Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid) have been in the area.
She added: “It’s going extremely well and everyone has been incredibly kind.
“Obviously we have had loads of children around and from coverage in the newspapers you can see that Robbie Coltrane has been here.
“The rain has not actually stopped filming – any film production that goes on has scenes that you can shoot should it rain.
“We have been filming for the last few days and once the summer comes back out we will be back out.”
An insider confirmed it is expected the film crew will remain in the area for the next few weeks.
But locals said it was too wet in Glencoe for Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), his pals Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint) and Hermione Granger (Emma Watson), Draco Malfoy (Tom Fenton), and Coltrane to venture out on location.
Outdoor sequences were due to be shot at the elaborately constructed set in Clachaig Gully and contingency plans made to shoot indoors at the huge auction market complex at Fort William.
But the cast and crew were hopeful of seeing cameras rolling at Lochailort and Hagrid’s Hut.
Finishing touches were put to Hagrid’s Hut over the weekend with on the mountainside above, a frontage of Hogwart’s School.
Towering above the hexagonal hut and the Sundial Garden, which now has its Pumpkin Patch and Scarecrow in place, is a turreted gatehouse and a staircase which leads through an Archway to Nowhere.
However, there was some last-minute battling against the elements – and the slopes – to get a series of Standing Stones – to actually stand.
And a few days ago Harry’s “Hypogriff”, the half-bird, half-horse contraption on which he rides majestically around, was moved onto the Glencoe set.
This is understood to be the most expensive piece of electronic gadgetry ever used in a film – and that’s including the complicated technology so beloved of the James Bond moviemakers.
So far this month, there has not been a dry day in nearby Fort William, the town which usually records the highest annual amount of rain – around 80 inches – in the UK.
And yesterday cast and crew put in an appearance at the Lochaber Rural Complex at Torlundy.
Warner Brothers have hired the huge auction mart building there to provide them with wet weather cover for indoor filming.
Harry and his pal, Ron, and Robbie Coltrane, were in evidence for a time.

Have a good day!
Old 05-22-2003, 08:11 AM
The Leaky Cauldron has posted 3 new photos from the set of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban......

Here are two pictures of Hagrid's re-designed hut....

The final photo is of the gatehouse where the Dementors reside.....

Old 05-24-2003, 10:15 AM
Here is today's PoA update......

Here is an article on Cho Chang's film appearance and a small bit o' casting news from CBBC Newsround......

Poor old Daniel Radcliffe - the Harry Potter star won't be getting any love action until the fourth Potter movie.

Cho Chang won't be making an appearance in the film version of the Prisoner of Azkaban.

The Ravenclaw Seeker will be joining Oliver Wood in the list of Quidditch no-shows for the third film in the series, according to a studio insider.

It means that fans will have to wait until the Goblet of Fire hits the screen for their first glimpse of the girl that Harry develops a crush on.

Filming on Azkaban has been continuing in the Scottish Highlands, and a film set insider tells us that the small role of MacNair the Executioner is being played by little-known actor Peter Best.

The movie of Prisoner of Azkaban will be in cinemas sometime in 2004.

And here is a bit of release date news from The Leaky Cauldron......

We've just received a release that confirms the rumored date of June 4, 2004 for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban's release date. Now, this came through the US instead of the UK, and confirmation with WB is still pending, but this is the first official anything we've received on that date. So pencil in an "X" on the calendar and stay tuned.

EDIT: Early word is that this is still wishful thinking by PR companies and no one's really made the decision yet. It could very well be that the companies just need a placeholder, which is why this date is being thrown around. In any event, that's what's being used as "official" for now, and we'll let you know when we hear from the WB.
Old 05-24-2003, 02:48 PM
June 4, 2004 is a thursday! I that turns out to be the day I'l be very happy. that would be great if it does a thing like the matrix or Star wars with a thursday opening, As for the Cho news it stinks!
Old 05-25-2003, 02:11 PM
Here is the first image (However, blurry) of Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) on the set of Alfonso Cuaron's "The Prisoner of Azkaban" from The Snitch.......

Old 06-03-2003, 02:41 PM
"The Sorcerer's Stone" and "The Chamber of Secrets" are on DVD. "The Order Of The Phoenix" will be available for sale in less than 20 days. And "The Prisoner of Azkaban" is shooting for release on June 4th, 2004 (Tommorow, it'll be exactly a year away...!). It is an exciting time for all Harry Potter fans. And if you want an HP fix, read on, because today has tons of exciting PoA film news.....

First, is an article from CBBC Newsround about the Potter cast and crew vacating Scotland, where they were shooting on location.....

It's looking likely the next Harry Potter flicks won't be filmed in the Scottish Highlands because of the weather and midges.

The rain's been so bad, shooting of the Prisoner of Azkaban in Glencoe is at least two weeks behind schedule, says the Express newspaper.

And as well as the rain, the cast and crew have been scratching themselves silly because of the infamous midges.

The mini-flies are well-known in Scotland and not even the most powerful spell seems to be able to stop the swarms which really bite.

Three weeks of heavy rain has made the ground of the set, built on a mountainside, so slippery it's dangerous to use parts of it.

Dan, Rupert, Emma and Hagrid were to be taken up there by a special mountain car, but it's too wet even for that.

The newspaper says the filmmakers have had to take apart a huge part of the set - Hogwarts Bridge - and rebuild it in an indoor studio back in England.

The bridge cost a lot of money to build in the first place.

The annoying thing is, while the mountainside set - which includes Hagrid's hut - was being built the weather was perfect!

Second, GREAT NEWS! Despite early reports, the brilliant music composer, John Williams, will score "The Prisoner of Azkaban".....

Conductor-composer extraordinaire John Williams has signed on to write the score for the next Harry Potter film, which recently began production and is due out next year. Williams supervised the music for the first two movies, but for ''Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban'' he's actually writing it. (If all goes well, he'll do the score for ''Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,'' the fourth film based on J.K. Rowling's novels.) Williams is booked for a slew of movies in 2005, including Steven Spielberg's remake of ''The Secret Life of Walter Mitty'' slated to star Jim Carrey, and ''Indiana Jones IV'' and ''Star Wars: Episode III.''

Finally, a bit from a bitter filmmaker who was a nominee for the gig of directing "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".....

[Alan] Parker ("The Life Of David Gale"), who finished the book during an "enforced hiatus" caused by threatened actors' and writers' strikes in America, revealed he had been approached to direct the first Harry Potter film but had been "auditioned in a late night phone call from LA after I had one or two glasses of white wine.

"I think I would have made a better film," he quipped.

Old 06-17-2003, 04:30 PM
What is the password for a long PoA article with new, high-quality photos?

"Pig snout"
Old 06-17-2003, 05:21 PM
It all looks great, but...... Thats not the Dumbledore I know
Old 06-17-2003, 06:15 PM
Quote:
It all looks great, but...... Thats not the Dumbledore I know
I hope this does not offend anyone, but, I must say, Michael Gambon is a much better actor than Richard Harris, who was amazing, though. I have no doubt that Gambon will deliver an amazing performance as Headmaster Albus Dumbledore.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dh1989
I hope this does not offend anyone, but, I must say, Michael Gambon is a much better actor than Richard Harris, who was amazing, though. I have no doubt that Gambon will deliver an amazing performance as Headmaster Albus Dumbledore.
I'm not offended but when I read the books I have the charcters in my head and the new dumbledore looks weird because I'm so used to the old one.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:26 PM
Quote:
I'm not offended but when I read the books I have the charcters in my head and the new dumbledore looks weird because I'm so used to the old one.
Um... How do you know if he looks "weird"?! I mean, we haven't seen a shot of him in costume or with the beard on, minus a wet one completely covered by wrapping. Please explain.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Oh, wow... I went back to the site and that was Harris in the dumbledore suit.... He looked weird in that pic.... Sorry bout that.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:41 PM

There was a big debate about that picture over on the TLC comment boards. It turns our that actually is Michael Gambon, if you look closely enough you should be able to see it's actually his face. He looks good, it's not very noticable at all....