Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Movie Talk! > General Movie Talk
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Horror whore
There was a big debate about that picture over on the TLC comment boards. It turns our that actually is Michael Gambon, if you look closely enough you should be able to see it's actually his face. He looks good, it's not very noticable at all....
Thats what i thought but I read the caption and said it was Harris... I think the Dumbledore looks weird.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:50 PM
There's a rumor floating around the internet that the first teaser for PoA will be attached to November's The Matrix Revolutions, starring Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne. Harry Potter fansite The Leaky Cauldron is working to try and verify this.

Personally, I don't believe this for 2 reasons. Revolutions is is practically guaranteed to recieve an "R" rating from the MPAA, while PoA is likely to recieve a "PG" or, possibly, a "PG-13." Also, AOL Time Warner could wait a month and release the trailer with their "PG-13" fantasy adventure, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

In other news, The Snitch has posted new pictures from the PoA set. Why was the word "new" in itallics? They were taken 2 and 1/2 months ago on the Privet Drive set, but were just uploaded...

Old 07-14-2003, 02:16 PM

Remember that Dementor picture from a while back?!?! Well, it wasn't real:

Old 07-15-2003, 01:37 AM
Wow! That shocks me. I am suprised the WB never released an official statement, saying it was a rip. I mean, if someone took Michael Gambon's head, and pasted it on the body of a Playgirl model, and said "This is Dumbledore's new look!," everyone would know it was untrue, and roll their eyes, but that was a stunning PhotoShop piece, that many, all over the HP internet sites, believed was real. Honestly, thinking back, I feel like an idiot. I should've known that the picture was too highly-stylized to be a quick snap from an intruder on the set, but I jumped to conclusions, and believed it. I am sorry everyone. From this time on, I'll be more selective of what I post.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Remember that Dementor picture from a while back?!?! Well, it wasn't real:

That stinks like crazy, I thought that those things looked absolutely picture perfect except I thought they should be taller,well cant wait for the real dementor pics!
Old 07-15-2003, 08:37 AM

AINC posted some new rumors:

"Okay, first of all, looks like those Dementors pictures last week were indeed superfake. TheOneRing.net ran a very effective proof of this that showed how they were doctored up. That’s good news, though. The e-mails I got from the effects guys working on the Dementors make it sound like they’re something very, very different."

and

"The look is much much darker and creepier, the sets are the same but the lighting etc is much more shadowy

The scenes she saw were pam ferris being blown up, the initial train scenes with the dementors (who hadnt been put in yet), michael gambon as dumbledore (more commanding, threatening and moody), and a scene with dumbledore racing upstairs which she thought looked a bit odd as you wouldnt think he would be so nimble.

There was more but she hasnt read the books so she couldnt really say what they were.

Gary Oldman as Sirius is as described in book – really greasy long black hair and shabby clothes. The werewolf is enormous and the different heads for the transformation are quite horrific. She thinks that this might get a twelve rating over here. The animagus sirius is also huge and effective with someone inside controlling the animatronics."
Old 07-15-2003, 01:26 PM
I wonder if that footage is the same that is going to be shown this Saturday in San Diego at the big Comic-Con?

BTW, thanks for the report, 'Horror Whore'!
Old 07-15-2003, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dh1989
I wonder if that footage is the same that is going to be shown this Saturday in San Diego at the big Comic-Con?

BTW, thanks for the report, 'Horror Whore'!
You're very welcome.

I think that report came from the set so I'd bet they'll be seeing something different at the Comic Con...
Old 07-15-2003, 03:25 PM
Quote:
I think that report came from the set so I'd bet they'll be seeing something different at the Comic Con...
You're probably right.

Now that I think about it, I doubt the WB would show the werewolf at the Comic-Con. It'd be a large spoiler, and might be something they want to keep under-wraps, similar to the CoS situation, where they used the Pixies and Mandrakes in the trailers, but kept the Basilisk and, to an extent, the Acromantulas secret.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:27 PM

WOOOO-HOOOOO!

The first trailer for PoA will before...........

Looney Tunes: Back In Action

Not a movie I planned on seeing but I sure as hell will now!

It opens November 14th.... Only 4 months away.....
Old 07-17-2003, 01:55 AM
To me, that's good news and bad news. The good part is that we'll see official footage from the film, the bad news is the film looks pretty mediocre, and wasn't something I was planning to see until DVD, but now, I'll be at my theatre's first showing of it!

Here is some news, all from the Harry Potter Automatic News Aggregator!

A giant 'Potter' fan who is terminally ill experiences a dream come true....

The Make-A-Wish Foundation in Canada granted 17-year-old Candy hers: to visit England and experience the world of Harry Potter. With the help of Rogers Video and British Airways, the teen celebrated her 18th birthday with the cast and crew of the new Harry Potter movie, Prisoner of Azkaban!

Candy has a very rare and life-threatening blood disorder called Thalassemia. Ever since she was eight years old, she has wanted to see the sights of England. When the Harry Potter books and movies came out, she was enthralled and wanted more than ever to see this country and experience the world of the Hogwarts School of Wizardry.

Second, is a report on the fate of Hagrid's hut....

Harry Potter character Rubeus Hagrid's home is to be demolished - despite a plea from TV star Jimmy Savile. Savile, who has a home in Glencoe, hoped the Sundial Garden, Hagrid's hut, the castle gatehouse and the Bridge to Nowhere built for the third film would be allowed to stay there as a tourist attraction. But Warner Brothers are obliged to return the local landscape to its wild, natural state under a deal with Highland Council planners.

Third, is a report on PoA's 'competition' (HA! ) on opening day, June 4th, 2004....

June 4, 2004 is confirmed for the release date of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and an orange feline of comic strip-fame, Garfield, may be going up against the wizard. Greg Dean Schmitz of Yahoo! Movies gives us an update:

This movie has been slated for June, 2004 for about a year now, but only now do we know the specific date... June 4th. Another family-friendly movie, Garfield, had already lain claim to that date, but I expect the orange kitty movie will be padding off to another location to avoid the box office behemoth that is a new Harry Potter movie.

Fourth, and most exciting, are comments from actors Richard Griffiths (Vernon Dursley) and Harry Melling (Dudley Dursley) about the 3rd film....

Brazilian site Omelete in May interviewed Richard Griffiths (Vernon Dursley) and Harry Melling (Dudley) at the Chamber of Secrets DVD release party. Some revealing details seemed to have slipped under the radar at the time, but thanks to Potterish.com, they have surfaced.....

During the launch party of the Chamber of Secrets DVD, Omelete (the site), had the oportunity to talk with some of the actors of the series. Read below for the interview with Richard Griffins (Uncle Vernon) and Harry Melling (Dudley.)

Omelete: Are you guys already filming with Alfonso Cuarón?

Richard Griffiths: To tell you the truth, we're already done. The only reason that we are here, it's because they don't need us at the set anymore.

O: What's the difference between Cuarón and Chris Columbus?

RG: You can't tell yet. We're a bad part of the story, the unliked. Of course there's the basic difference, which is the form of how each one treats the project and everyone knows that the story will become more darker from now on. What I thought was interesting, is that Alfonso showed us that there should be more fear. Harry's more powerful each time. We're not a threat to him anymore. Now he can act on his own, in a frightening way. In the beginning, we were evil. Now, we want to be, but we don't have this power anymore. We were scared all the time, that Harry was gonna do something to us.

O: Is it hard to be a Dursley in the real life?

Harry Melling: Truthfully, the people practically don't know me for Dudley, which is great. It would be really bad if they knew [Translator's note: I think he's referring to girls].

RG: What no one knows about Harry [Melling, (Dudley)], is that he wears those "fattening" clothes, which makes him gigantic. When he puts those clothes on he turns into Dudley Dursley, but at the end of the day, he takes it off and goes back to being this normal, healthy kid. I don't have that problem (slapping his enormous belly) Hahahaha.

O: And at school, what do your friends say?

HM: They keep on calling me Dudley Dursley, but they're joking around. It's fun.

O: Would you like to be Harry Potter, to change a little?

HM: No. I like Dudley. I like to interpret evil people, hehehe.

O: How do you think people will react at this darker Potter movie?

RG: The stories are becoming more dark and I think that's what makes them more attractive. Because the people that saw the first movie were 13 and 14 years olds, they're growing along with the story. So it's natural of movies to also grow, and become more complex and mature. Of course there will always be new children of 10 years, to see the first movie and repeat the cycle. They wouldn't be able to use the same people and repeat the stories changing just a little. It wouldn't be fun.

In the fourth book, new problems begins to arise, in normal relations of sexuality. The hormones are changing these kids. But I think everything starts in Prisoner of Azkaban.

O: And what about the fourth movie?

RG: I hope it is made. When I signed the contract for the first movie, there was an option on whether I wanted to be in the fourth one. But the difference between this option and really filming it, is really big. First the producers need to decide if they'll make it.

If this movie (Azkaban), goes well, they should make the next one. I don't know what will happen, but that production is something big. On one side, you think that there's no way that there won't be a fourth movie, since there's a lot of money invested here. But I've seen projects that were being filmed, and suddenly cancelled. Out of nowhere the people come and say "We don't have any more money to continue. Here's your payment, you can go home."

O: And you Harry (Melling), also have this option to be in the fourth movie?

HM: Yes. I received that option when I signed the contract for the second movie. But just how Richard was saying, it's just an option.

RG: But it's great. It means they like you!

O: How long did you guys work on this movie?

RG: We worked for about a month, and maybe we'll go back for a few more days, if they need to redo something.

O: Harry, do you get along well with the other kids?

HM: Yes, always. This month that we spent filming, I had to go to school with them.

RG: The children here have to study. It's classes with more than 300 kids.

O: Is participating in the Harry Potter movies turning into a routine, or is this impossible?

HM: A little. It's kind of like going to school: you wake up, change clothes and go. But of course it's more fun.

Finally, I just wanted to remind you all that in just over two days, the first PoA footage will be screened. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled all over the internet for reports detaling what the lucky fans in San Diego, CA saw!
Old 07-20-2003, 08:33 AM

Apparently the San Diego Comic-Con "footage" was just Daniel Radcliffe and Alfonso Cuaron talking about the movie, it wasn't an actual scene from the movie.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Apparently the San Diego Comic-Con "footage" was just Daniel Radcliffe and Alfonso Cuaron talking about the movie, it wasn't an actual scene from the movie.
Yes, I just read that on The Leaky Cauldron. I hear that two of the topics they talk about are "Hippogriffs and Quidditch in the rain." I suppose it is cool to have anything Harry-related, but I was still quite disappointed, especially after hearing that prior report about all the footage the WB has in a good-enough form to show at a half-way production party.
Old 07-20-2003, 10:44 AM
Id still like to know what they said about the hippogriffs and stormy quidditch.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:00 PM
Here's the first pic of Sirius....

Old 07-23-2003, 01:12 AM
Quote:

I suppose the guy on the right is Sirius? Who are those 2 girls and who is the other guy? And why is Ron wearing a girls shirt? Not to mention his hair.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:20 AM
Quote:
suppose the guy on the right is Sirius?
Yes.

Quote:
Who are those 2 girls?
No idea.

Quote:
and who is the other guy?
Alan Rickman (Severus Snape)

Quote:
And why is Ron wearing a girls shirt?
Does the swoop neck make it a girl's shirt?

Quote:
Not to mention his hair.
His hair is always that length, it's just messed up at the time.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:47 AM
Quote:

Not to make anyone feel bad but they look really nasty in that pic, really nasty.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DevilMonkey
Not to make anyone feel bad but they look really nasty in that pic, really nasty.
Well, Sirius is SUPPOSED to look dirty, since he's spent years in a dirty prison, and now has been running around eating rats and living off the land. As for Ron, this picture was taken directly after filming a scene in The Shrieking Shack, so he's been smacked by the Whomping Willow, bitten by a dog, and been dragged through a dirty, old underground tunnell.

Last edited by dh1989; 07-23-2003 at 07:33 AM..
Old 07-23-2003, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Does the swoop neck make it a girl's shirt?
No but it makes it look like one. I was just kidding around anyways, I liked Ron the least in the movies.

Sirius looks pretty cool, I hope that his chemistry is really good with Harry.

The other guy was Snape?!?! Wow is it just me or did it look like he had blonde hair? Thats what thruogh me off.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Well, Sirius is SUPPOSED to look dirty, since he's spent years in a dirty prison, and now has been running around eating rats and living off the land. As for Ron, this picture was taken directly after filming a scene in The Shrieking Shack, so he's been smacked by the Whomping Willow, bitten by a dog, and been dragged through a dirty, old underground tunnell.
I know sirius is suppsosed to look bad but I didn't know it was right after filing a scene in the shreiking shack, sorry bout that.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:05 PM
The WB has requested that all fansites remove the Sirius photo from the 'net, thus it no longer here.

Also, they've told many people that the picture was of Oldman, half way out of costume, so many components of it was missing, and they'd rather fans get they're first glimpse of the FULL costume and make-up.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:27 AM

Last edited by dh1989; 07-24-2003 at 05:33 AM..
Old 07-24-2003, 11:20 PM
JoBlo's coverage of the Harry Potter San Diego footage can be read here!
Old 07-25-2003, 05:22 AM
Where???
Old 07-25-2003, 09:44 AM
WOW! Awesome stuff, you guys (esp. DH).
I'm so pumped to see this movie and yes, I might have to go see Loony Tunes, just for the preview of PoA, too!

315 more sleeps until June 4, 2004!
Old 07-25-2003, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DevilMonkey
Where???
'DevilMonkey,' click on the link. Scroll down to below the Troy coverage, and you'll see a big Harry Potter logo, and there it'll be.
Old 07-27-2003, 10:15 AM

Here is a GREAT article on the movie: Click here now!!!

Old 07-27-2003, 04:20 PM
Thanks 'Horror Whore'! That was truly the first concrete article about the film, and I truly enjoyed reading it. It looks Cuaron may bring some controversy to the film, comparing Lord Voldemort to a mix of George W. Bush Jr. and Saddam Hussein. I wonder if that is why he won't be directing the 4th? The WB must be scared of bringing any negative, politically-fueled buzz to their family adventure film. But, anyway, the small bits of news were great, and the article was well-written. I can't wait for June 4th!

Old 07-27-2003, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Thanks 'Horror Whore'! That was truly the first concrete article about the film, and I truly enjoyed reading it. It looks Cuaron may bring some controversy to the film, comparing Lord Voldemort to a mix of George W. Bush Jr. and Saddam Hussein. I wonder if that is why he won't be directing the 4th? The WB must be scared of bringing any negative, politically-fueled buzz to their family adventure film. But, anyway, the small bits of news were great, and the article was well-written. I can't wait for June 4th!

I agree completly, and those pics are great, especially the first.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:57 PM
[/IMG]

*singing* love shack! Baby! Love Shack!

Good pictures!
Old 07-27-2003, 11:35 PM
AHHHHH!

Old 07-28-2003, 01:40 AM
Re: AHHHHH!

Quote:
So is that the new Dumbledore? Looks pretty good, he will have a hard time filling some big shoes though.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:12 AM
Michael Gambon looks amazing as Albus Dumbledore. The beard, hat, facial expression, and glasses look perfect. I am sure he'll live up to what Richard Harris did with the role.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:12 AM
The two girls in that picture with Gary Oldman, Rupert Grint and Alan Rickman are extras, according to Empire Online.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:39 PM
AHHHHHHHHH Part II

Old 07-29-2003, 10:41 AM
SNEAKING OUT OF HAGRID'S HUT!!!

Old 07-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Who is Cuaran playing in the movie?
Old 07-29-2003, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jolanar
Who is Cuaran playing in the movie?
Hes directing
Old 07-30-2003, 12:40 AM
i am still a lil uncertian??? did they decided to include Cho Chang in this movie or are they waiting to cast her until the next one?

josh