Old 05-21-2002, 07:53 PM
John Ritter

how come whenever this guy opens his mouth i just wonna punch him in the face.what do you guys think of him

[This message has been edited by kiwihitman (edited 05-21-2002).]
Old 05-21-2002, 08:25 PM
He'll always be the dorky Jack Tripper from Three's Company to me, but he doesn't outright bother me.
Old 05-21-2002, 08:25 PM
i haven't seen him in any films but i did see him when he was on buffy and loved it when she beats the shit out of him and kicks him down the stairs
Old 05-21-2002, 09:12 PM
The guy sure doesn't show his age.
Old 05-21-2002, 10:04 PM
He was doing a play here in Los Angeles for a bit but I'm not sure how long it was running. I know people who know him and I was always under the impression that in person he's a pretty nice guy.
Old 05-21-2002, 11:32 PM
He was great in Sling Blade. As Karl said: "Not funny 'Ha Ha', funny 'queer'".

[This message has been edited by Professor Falk (edited 05-22-2002).]
Old 05-22-2002, 12:27 AM
Ritter is chill. Why do you want to punch him? I could give you a list of people that you'd probably want to punch much more.

Carrot Top

Howie Mandel

Steve Guttenberg

Old 05-22-2002, 12:51 AM
Howie Mandel and Steve Guttenberg aint annoying to me,carrot top i agree though,i cant stand him...how could you not like bobbys world dude?
Old 05-22-2002, 01:43 AM
I don't see anything wrong with John Ritter, in fact I think he looks like a nice guy.

I liked him in his role of Jack Tripper in Three's company. I've also seen him in the movies "Problem Child 1 & 2" and in a movie where he plays a man who beats his wife but i don't know the title.
Old 05-22-2002, 01:51 AM
He did a great job in Panic and his role as Jack Tripper is classic. Do you have a reason you dislike the dude?
Old 05-22-2002, 03:34 AM
I've never had anything against John Ritter, as a matter of fact I like his work, what I've seen of it. A guy I'd like to from here to the moon is Adam Sandler...but that's a different story.
Old 05-22-2002, 07:41 AM
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by XCoRyX:
how could you not like bobbys world dude?</font>
OKay, I give him props for his voice work, and for his stand-up gag where he puts the condom on his head.

I'm not backing down on Guttenberg, though. That man single handedly ruined those Police Acadamy movies.

[This message has been edited by Irene Manor (edited 05-22-2002).]
Old 05-22-2002, 09:05 AM
i also must say i liked john ritters performance in Panic and dont have any bad feelings to him...
Old 05-22-2002, 11:19 AM
Aw, cmon! Who can forget his great work in Bride of Chucky?!?!??? The man was asshole personified in that one. The sign of a true character is when you can get an emotional response out of the audience towards your character...I don't know about anyone else, but when I saw this in the theater, everybody cheered when he kicked the bucket. Guess that means he did his job.
Old 05-22-2002, 05:08 PM
AUGH!!! CARROT TOP! THE ANTI-CHRIST! I HATE THAT GUY!!!

Sorry about that, I flip out when I see that no-talent dick.

John Ritter? Eh, I've got nothing against him. He's just whatshisname from that coincidence show to me...
Old 05-23-2002, 05:01 AM
Well, John Ritter is alright. Although he's got that strange ssssss-thing going when he talks. And I didn't like it at all when he was Ally McBeal's love interest! That didn't make any sense.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:46 AM
John Ritter was born in my town of Nederland, Texas. His dad was Tex Ritter, which is another famous guy, and his cousin, Allan Ritter, is also a state representative in the Texas legislature. I don't know about John, but I work in a pharmacy, and his relatives come in their to get their prescriptions all the time, and they seem like really nice people to me. I don't know if that makes you want to punch him any less...LOL... but in case you were curious about why he's kind of a goofball, it's because he's from Texas like me!
Old 05-23-2002, 09:57 AM
john Ritter is great! i saw him in this movie with Christopher Llyod on WE, but i can't remember what it was called -- I liked it though.

also what was that movie he was in where he played a maniac?
Old 05-23-2002, 02:32 PM
He had a cool death in Bride of chukcky.
props to pinhead.
Old 05-23-2002, 03:24 PM
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Irene Manor:
john Ritter is great! i saw him in this movie with Christopher Llyod on WE, but i can't remember what it was called -- I liked it though.</font>
I believe the one you're talking about here is called It Came From the Sky.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:36 AM
I'm a big fan of JR's.

Hero at Large rules.
Old 05-24-2002, 04:49 PM
Anybody watch Scrubs?

John Ritter was cool in that.
Old 05-25-2002, 07:38 AM
ok i've taken a little time to reflect about this and it probally wasn't the actor itself but the movie i was watching its true he did get alot of emotion out of me.anyway the movie was about a wife beater and by the end of the movie we were suppose to feel sorry for the character which i truly didn't.a lame and petty excuse for hating the guy i know .i've changed my opinion about him i can't be the odd one out sorry about the late reply.

[This message has been edited by kiwihitman (edited 05-25-2002).]
Old 12-21-2002, 10:44 PM
I dont really know why i'm bumping this topic/adding my thoughts to it. I'm weird like that i guess. I like john ritter he makes me laugh. I like to laugh, but then again i'm easily amused so i guess pretty much everyone makes me laugh. I do agree that steve guttenberg is annoying but i still like those police academy movies. man that guy who made those voices was great. YES. i amdit i laughed at those damn movies. carrot top, tom green, martin lawerance, jim beulish and steven stegal are guys i want to punch in the face many times.

I also like howie mandel, but dont tell anyone. please.
Old 12-22-2002, 06:34 AM
Yeah, I like the the guy, myself. I haven't really disliked a performance of his that I've seen, so he's cool with me,
Old 12-22-2002, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bullet Tooth Tony
Anybody watch Scrubs?

John Ritter was cool in that.
I liked his character in Scrubs, pretty cool
Old 12-22-2002, 05:42 PM
What about when he played the sex addict on Newsradio?

Why do I keep standing up for Ritter?
Old 12-23-2002, 02:19 AM
i love john ritter. i loved him as jack and ever since then, i have loved everything he does!
Old 12-23-2002, 11:18 AM
Very much like John Ritter. I have liked pretty much everything I've seen him in, and when I met him I got no negative vibe at all. Down to earth, and very sincere. I just wish 8 Simple Rules would go away.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:29 PM
I just watched one of the Buffy Season Two DVDs which had the episode "Ted" on it. John Ritter was absolutely PERFECT as the "evil boyfriend" character. The change from being all smiles to dark menace was amazing.
Old 12-23-2002, 06:06 PM
He don't bother, me, In fact I quite like him. really.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:34 PM
He's one of my all-time favorite comedians. His best work is in sitcoms of course and he has not had too much success in movies. One movie of his I liked was Stay Tuned, Problem Child wasn't too bad either.

I think his humour was kind of love it or hate it and I am obviously in the former category. I could completely understand why someone might want to clock him though. He's got that look to him...
Old 12-30-2002, 10:28 AM
I've always loved him. Three's Company was great.......John Ritter is priceless!
Old 12-30-2002, 08:24 PM
He's not bad at all...but I loved Sling Blade. I wouldn't know why to hate the guy.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:15 AM
sure, he'll always be jack tripper to me, but i think he was pretty damn good in 'tadpole' (great movie, by the way)... p.s. star i would like to punch out: to be totally last season and cliche, bobby trendy. never liked the fuck.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:13 AM

I wanted to pay tribute to the man so I decided to bump this thread. I really did think John Ritter was an amazing guy. He just had this sort of boyish charm to him. His slapstick comedy was great in Three's Company. He was good at doing physical humor no question.

I also liked both Problem Child movies and seriously think he did a good, if not silly, job portraying the caring father. Stay Tuned with Pam Dawber was excellent. Even his final role in Bad Santa, although brief, brought a smile to my face.

When I heard of his passing that September 11th I seriously was depressed that whole weekend. It was a very upsetting shock and I didn't even know the man personally. Thanks for all the laughs John. It's a shame that your second big success with 8 Simple Rules was cut so short. You are missed.

Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:37 PM
I went there and I am not ashamed. I did a few movies that I played a part I didn't like and I played it for all it was worth. If you don't like it don't watch is what I always said. If you think you can do better then get in the ring. I always went toe to toe with everyone who gave me a hard time. I never let anyone deter me from doing it the way I wanted. If you were in my shoes would you have been better and could you have been clean in a kid's movie? I had a reputation to uphold. I always wanted to do something serious, but then kids would see it. I had that happen and a kid called me on it. I felt horrible. I wanted to leave everyone smiling as does Grendelmonkye. He is so funny, I wish him all the best. J, you know he is communicating with me. Don't tell. He has enough problems with this town already. He is the best thing this town ever got. I hope he really cranks 'em out. I am waiting. We can all see it from here. Make us proud. I am done. I never wanted to say anything to anyone about how I felt. This town was so foul, yet we occaisionally hit a sweet spot that made the world appreciate us. I want to see that come back. I hope Gren gets it right everytime. I will do what I can to help him. I am out. J. Ritter. Power on and I will help you from the great beyond. (-I am on it JR, Thanks)