Old 11-28-2003, 06:39 PM
Lamest Superheroes

Who do you think is the worst comic book characters of all?

-Cage (Marvel)

-Lapstick (Marvel)

-Supreme (Image)

-Strong Guy (Marvel/X-men)

-Young Blood (Image)

-I would say the Wild C.A.T.S but Voodoo was cute...

-Too many DC characters.

Last edited by Dead Halloween; 11-28-2003 at 06:44 PM..
Old 11-28-2003, 08:54 PM
Anyone here heard of Marvel Comic's SuperPro? The Pro NFL Quarterback/ Masked Crimefighter? He was sheer brilliance.

Yes, the first and last official comic book of the NFL and for good reason.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:58 PM
The kid who can't sleep and the girl that screams in X2 (if they count) sucked!
Old 11-29-2003, 12:28 AM
Zan of the Wondertwins, who wants some idiot who can turn into a form of water?
Old 11-29-2003, 09:36 PM
I know I'll really get blasted for this, but I think Superman is one of the lames heroes ever. The main reason I think this is because he's just too damn powerful. It's actually kind of stupid, when you think about it. He has all those powers, yet a rock can kill him. A fuckin' ROCK!!!
Old 11-29-2003, 10:06 PM
superman
batman
robyn
daredevil
the xmen
spiderman
the punisher
captain america
the hulk
Old 11-29-2003, 10:26 PM
Lets not forget Bucky and Robin II. Glad they offed those little baestrads.
Old 11-30-2003, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dignan
Anyone here heard of Marvel Comic's SuperPro? The Pro NFL Quarterback/ Masked Crimefighter? He was sheer brilliance.

Yes, the first and last official comic book of the NFL and for good reason.
Damn right! I forgot about him.

In the store were I work we have tons of old comics, most of them really bad. We have a couple of Superpro.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:47 AM
THE lamest superhero ever is Sorry the Nearly Man. He was nearly a superhero you know.

Jack Kirby's Satan's Six is also uber-lame.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phallusinchains
superman
batman
the xmen
spiderman
I implore you to reconsider.

Yes, the madness of quoting Kung Pow won't end!!
Old 12-01-2003, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dead Halloween
Damn right! I forgot about him.

In the store were I work we have tons of old comics, most of them really bad. We have a couple of Superpro.
I hope you use them to start bonfires. Hell there not worth the paper they were printed on. But- on a side note- I did tear out a cool Last Boy Scout mini poster ad from one.
Yay for Joe Halenbeck.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Nightcrawler
I implore you to reconsider.

Yes, the madness of quoting Kung Pow won't end!!

ok i did..now what? anyhow i forgot

wonder woman
the green lantern
the flash
and anybody else in the justice league i forgot about
Old 12-02-2003, 01:06 AM
What? Why are they lame? i mean you just listed ALL of the greatest ones of all time....

You must explain grasshoppa.

TO answer the question though:

me.....
Old 12-02-2003, 12:50 PM
Superman goes for me as the lamest hero of all time. The guy has too many powers, is given the invencible schtick way too often (I hate nearly of fully invencible characters), has zero personality, is way too boring, and his main weakness is some sort of rare metal that is suddenly more common to come across than french fries, plus to this day I still don't understand how nobody notices Superman and Clark Kent are the same guy.

Most DC heroes except for Wonder Woman and the original Green Lantern are lame for me, and in the Marvel comics, I'd say the New warriors, The Fantastic Four and Wolverine. New Warriors, no explanation needed, they all suck. The Fantastic Four are some of the lamest guys ever (some guy who's elastic, a girl who turns invisible and makes force fields, some orange stone guy in a blue diaper, and a guy who can turn to fire, cool power, but he's too much of a whiner), and Wolverine is as bad as Superman on the whole invencible thing, plus I really despise his "badass" attitude.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by adamjohnson
[B]What? Why are they lame? i mean you just listed ALL of the greatest ones of all time....

You must explain grasshoppa.

TO answer the question though:

i don`t like superheroes who define their actions with the christian word good.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phallusinchains
[i don`t like superheroes who define their actions with the christian word good. [/B]
Hey Phallus, did you ever read any of the Hellstorm comics Marvel put out a few years back? I've got almost the entire run (picked up most of the issues after the series was cancelled)

That series was about as far from "the christian word good" as you can get! Angels were the villains (for the most part), and the hero was the son of Satan! Great story's and atrwork IMO

As for really lame heroes, I remember a character called the Heckler from years gone by. He looked really lame!
Old 12-02-2003, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Quiver
[B]Hey Phallus, did you ever read any of the Hellstorm comics Marvel put out a few years back? I've got almost the entire run (picked up most of the issues after the series was cancelled)

i haven`t, i don`t read comics,reading small print gives me migraines,sorry didn`t mean to offend any of you.unless it`s that TKZ or whatever fellow with the pennywise avatar,who keeps sending me ims,he`s not cool.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:58 PM
Most Marvel heores don't strike me as original or good. However, I have to say Spiderman wins the worst for me. He's a blatant knock-off of Superman. The costume, the job, the sad attempt at flying using wrist jism...even the villains all resemble Superman from decades prior. Norman Osbourne is a sad Lex Luthor knock-off. Spiderman sucks.

Other bad heroes include:

The Wondertwins: How about shape of a real career and form of not mooching off the Justice league?? These twits are the Donnie and Marie of the superhero world. Ugh!

Robin - any incarnation after Dick Grayson. Whiners one and all. At least Grayson did his job.

The Teen Titans were/are awful.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by El Intruder
New Warriors, no explanation needed, they all suck.

ack!!!

*heart stops beating*

Wh... wh... what??

My (second) favorite comic book of all time did not suck!

Nah, it's cool... but I loved that series to death. Not to mention it contained one of the coolest younger heroes Marvel has ever spawned (in the shape of Firestar... now a member of The Avengers). Man, Firestar rocked my world... *sigh* I want her back in The Avengers... NOW!!!

I don't think any of the big name super heroes suck. Sure there are some that are overrated... but if we're talking lame, we're talking characters like Slapstick... now there's a frikkin' lame character!
Old 12-04-2003, 10:42 AM
Hey Tommy great call on the New Warriors! I had not though of them in years!

BTW, was it just me, or did the Firestar/Justice (or Marvel Boy) relationship seem to mirror the Jean Grey/Cyclops relationship just a tad? Besides the fact that both women had red hair, bioth of the guys had trouble contoling their powers. Seems like marvel wanted to rehash abit there

Quote:
The Teen Titans were/are awful.
The only really lame character I remember from Teen Titans was Beast Boy. Man I hated him. Other than that I can give TT alot of slack, because it introduced one of the best DC characters ever, Deathstroke the Terminator!!!

Old 12-04-2003, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Quiver
Hey Tommy great call on the New Warriors! I had not though of them in years!

BTW, was it just me, or did the Firestar/Justice (or Marvel Boy) relationship seem to mirror the Jean Grey/Cyclops relationship just a tad? Besides the fact that both women had red hair, bioth of the guys had trouble contoling their powers. Seems like marvel wanted to rehash abit there
I noticed it too. I don't think there were any HUGE similarities, but there were definitely a few reminders of a Jean Grey/Cyclops match-up. I remember while reading The New Warriors, that I was kinda hoping they would do something huge to the characters like they did with Cyclops and Jean Grey... kinda like The Dark Phoenix Saga. Not a rip-off, 'cause then I would've been pissed, but something big all the same. Although I always imagined it as being Justice that was the one who would go out of control or whatever as Firestar always seemed a little more grounded, a little more in control than Justice ever did.

I really hope they get brought back into The Avengers sometimes soon.

I will give a thumbs down to the second Volume of The New Warriors though. It was rightfully cancelled after only ten issues or so... It was a comic book without aim if you ask me. It was going nowhere fast. A shame though because I loved the original so much at the time.... Aaahhh... memories of my younger days!!
Old 12-13-2003, 10:33 PM
Aqua Lad
Aqua Man
She Hulk
Basically all DC characters.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:32 PM
The Blue Beetle. A cocky member of Justice League America who really couldn't do shit... I only thought he was lame after he got his ass royally kicked by Doomsday.

Just check out the Death of Superman story and when you see a guy in blue get his ass handed to him, that's the guy. Poor bastard.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:03 PM
Superman gets my vote for lamest superhero. He's just too much. It makes him less interesting.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:42 PM
all the superheroes who have no defence are lame. If they can't regenerate, or have immunity or some kind, a simple police officer could take them out. Or they could get hit by a car, or a thug with a handgun. Tonnes of heroes are like that.

also, Wolverine is always lame in tv series. They never let him go crazy. He just cuts a rope which drops something on his enemie's head. Or he cuts a support beam and the roof caves in on someone. They shouldn't even make him a character on tv if they are gonna make him a little punk.