Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Books/Comics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Because they're lazy - and reading actually takes a bit of concentration and time. Unlike playing a video game or watching TV.

(No disrespect meant to anyone who plays video games. I, myself, play them too.)
Old 01-21-2004, 10:20 AM
I'll agree w/ Jack and blankpage. I have friends who do drugs, yet they love to read. Then I know others who are only focussed on where the next hit will come from. Very sad.
I also agree that kids are getting lazy at using their head. Hell, they're just lazy about everything now. I don't understand how people can set and do nothing unless it was a very stressful, emotional and physical day. But I wouldn't call future Peg Bundy's stressed in any way.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:47 PM
I dont read books because of many reasons...

1) I have a very short attention span (in a really bad way, ill be reading on this message board, and ill hear the tap dripping, so ill count how many drips i hear before someone goes and turns it off, the longest is like 80 or so, then i get too annoyed and turn it off myself)
2) Most books I see I haven't found any interest in.
3) The few books I have found interest in, I didnt finish partly due to bad attention span (stephen king's insomnia, i got 150 pages in, and stopped)
4) In school I dont read the books, I pretend i have, get the general jist of it, and hope im right.
5) they are too long (400 pages, no thank yu, ill stick to my primary school goosebumps books)
6) I have never gone to a library and searched for a good book that would ineterest me, on the few times i have gone to the library i go to the sports section.

I do however find screenplays interesting to read, does that count?

but i might just go down there and look for a cool book.