Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Books/Comics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2004, 12:14 AM
Books your currently reading that you'd recommend to anyone

Right now im reading a book that my cousin got me for Christmas called:

"What were they thinking?: Really BAD ideas throughout history" by Bruce Felton.

It all about what the title says: the worst ideas ever made in history by people. Not only is it pretty damn funny, its very intersesting as well. Im pretty sure anyone who has a sense of humor, and also likes to learn, would enjoy it.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:00 PM
first off, nice choice of an avatar, jackson. i heart Rob VanDam's tight little ass!

so back to the topic at hand...

in case i haven't said it enough on this board, READ MERRICK BY ANNE RICE!!! i thoroughly enjoyed this book; the imagery and sexy feel kept me so entranced i couldn't put it down.

i also currently read One Door Away from Heaven by Dean Koontz, and enjoyed it as well. definitely worth a read.

"talk hard. steal the air."

~darchangel~
Old 01-20-2004, 07:03 PM

Right now I'm almost done with A Density of Souls by Christopher Rice. I think it's excellent. Other than a couple of slow spots, it's a real page turner.

Last edited by Mike; 01-20-2004 at 09:30 PM..
Old 01-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Im reading "The Dark Tower 2: The Drawing Of The Three". Reccomended.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:49 PM

Im reading I am Legend by Richard Matheson. Simply put: a great story so far! Id defeneatly recommend it to a horror loving schmoe! Great vampire story!

Its kind of like 28 days later, except instead of zombies everyone on the planet is a vampire. And the protagonist is the only human left...or so i think. I need to finish it.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Imagine American Psycho mixed with The Birdcage (it's not a book but what are ya gonna do?) and you get...

PARTY MONSTER!

It's hilarious, James St James is as camp as a row of frilly tents so hearing him describe a murder committed by his friend, the equally camp drug dealer Michael Alig, is just...too...much!

This book wont stretch your abilities to the limit but it's a fun piece of fluff. Recommended.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:28 PM
I'm reading Midnight Voices by John Saul, which is a totally creepy, kick ass book. Everyone should definitely pick it up (or you could wait for the movie...why is every book being turned into a movie? Leave Midnight Voices alone!)
Old 01-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by darchangel
first off, nice choice of an avatar, jackson. i heart Rob VanDam's tight little ass!
Thanks. I pay no attention to the ass though. I love him simply because he is The Whole F'n Show. Mr. Monday Night. Mr. Pay-preview. Hardcore to the Extreme......I think you get the point .
Old 02-04-2004, 05:51 AM
I would like to recommend to you all a Nicolo Amaniti book called "The Last New Year". It is not a horror book, but it has Tarantino's twisted ending..
Old 02-04-2004, 07:58 AM
Blood Crazy by Simon Clark.

Quite simply this is one of the best books I have ever read - I even started a thread for it a few days ago(just here) !

The story is awesome (one days parents just start killing their kids for no apparent reason and a bunch of kids have to survive), and the characters very well drawn, to the point where you really do care about them and actually mourn the ones who don't make it.

Although a horror novel, the horrific elements aren't overdone and are completely in keeping with the plot.

And the explanation for the killings - very original and very satisfying.

I can't recommend this book enough (and if you want further praise for it, just ask Psychocandy, 'cause he recommended it to me! )

This is a must read book, for anyone, not just fans of the horror genre.

10/10

Last edited by Fettdog; 02-04-2004 at 08:10 AM..