Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Books/Comics
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Interested in Reviewing First 2/3 Fantasy Chapters?

I've just begun a fantasy novel that will, most likely, end up spinning into a series of at least three. I'm wondering if anyone is interested in reading a prologue, looking over some of the other materials (including maps and some world building material that includes geographical information on the regions).

It's longer than can be posted here, but not terribly epic. My chief concern is whether my prologue is giving too much information. Secondary is whether I've set too dark a tone early on.

Any interested takers would get major suckup points from me. Email me at moviemuffin@earthlink.net OR pm me here on the site.

Thanks in advance for any brave souls who volunteer.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:39 PM
Hey

Didn't I mention I read a lot of fantasy? Send what you have to me at demonx1@angelfire.com, and i will read it over and get back to you ok?

Cheers

QTR
Old 02-09-2004, 10:52 PM
Gracias!

Gracias muchas. It will come in with a file attachment inserted that is a BMP (it's the map).

Expect to see it tut suite

I'm sending to the Joblo crowd at the same time as my writing group and a few others.

Much appreciated!

Last edited by moviemuffin; 02-09-2004 at 11:13 PM..
Old 02-10-2004, 11:54 PM
UPDATE:

I sent the drafts out but MOST people who have online email (hotmail, etc) can't receive it because their storage space is not big enough.

My critique group asked me if I would put it online so they could access it quicker and easier, so:

Read Echo's Daemon Here

You can read and view the map, etc at that location. Feel free to copy and paste if you want to read offline but PLEASE leave the copyright as it is.

Thanks so much to everyone who expressed interest and willingness!!!
Old 02-11-2004, 09:50 AM
Thats ok. i will pm my thoughts when i have finished. its going to take me a while because i am juggling a few third year law committments at the second, but give me a day or two and i will see what i can see
Old 02-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Take your time. My biggest concern is that the Prologue, to which I'm very attached, doesn't work.

I'm getting conflicting feedback elsewhere, so I'm confuzzled.

No rush, no worries, and thanks again.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Reviewed. Sent a message.