Old 07-08-2004, 12:46 PM
"Army of Darkness: Ashes 2 Ashes"

Does anyone have any information on this new comic based on the Evil Dead films?
Here's the plot synopsis that I got from a newsletter at my local comic shop:

"Ash is back in action, once again taking on the Necronomicon and its Deadite minions. This time, though, he's getting a once-in-a-lifetime second chance to correct a VERY big mistake..."

Sounds pretty sweet. I know that the release date is sometime this month, but I don't know when... Release date, anyone?...

(BTW, if there's already a thread on this, sorry)
Old 07-09-2004, 05:32 PM
yes. i preordered this in may from my comic shop. cannot wait for this, as i'm a huge dead, raimi and campbell fan.

ciao
drdash
Old 07-10-2004, 04:37 PM
So, do you know the release date?
Old 07-10-2004, 06:48 PM
doesn't have a release date yet. the company that puts it out doesn't put out one except week by week, so i know it's not coming out this or next week. so, it'll probably be out either on july 21 or 28.

ciao
drdash
Old 07-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Nice. Are you getting the variant cover? I think it's a photo cover, but I'm not sure.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Am I insane? I just spent $76.00 on the following two Ashes 2 Ashes variant covers.

Old 08-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Yes, you probably ARE insane. I, on the other hand, have still not picked it up.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LoomisFan
Yes, you probably ARE insane. I, on the other hand, have still not picked it up.
Heh.

You should try to get a copy (though the two comic shops in Glasgow have now sold out and I would imagine this isn't an isolated case). It's a lot of fun. I was surprised by the direction it took. It's very cartoony (if they ever made an Evil Dead cartoon series - not a bad idea in itself if handled right - I would hope that visually it was something like Ashes To Ashes). There are a lot of verbal ashisms and for the most part they sound right (it helps if while you are reading it you try to do a Bruce Campbell impression in your head...or even out loud if you want to look like an idiot).

As for the $76.00. In my defense these two covers are very rare variants (especally the Necronomicon cover...it has been fetching as much as $90 on it's own). Let's just call it an investment (fingers crossed). Only time will tell whether I wasted my money.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:08 PM
My local comic shop is sold out. They're ordering more and they're gonna hold a copy for me. I'll be picking it up on Wednesday.
Old 08-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Quote:
My local comic shop is sold out. They're ordering more and they're gonna hold a copy for me. I'll be picking it up on Wednesday.
I've now got every cover except for the Wizard World glow in the dark variant. I'm not usually a variant cover junkie but i'm anticipating that this comic is going to be valuable. With seven fucking covers per issue though it's gotta be said that Devil's Due are a bunch of greedy sons of bitches. Talk about overkill.

BTW...is this a limited series or an ongoing?
Old 08-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Quote:
BTW...is this a limited series or an ongoing?
I'm pretty sure it's a limited series (like, 4 to 6 issues).
But, perhaps success could make it an ongoing series...?
*Crosses fingers*
Old 08-08-2004, 05:45 PM
Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's a limited series (like, 4 to 6 issues).
But, perhaps success could make it an ongoing series...?
*Crosses fingers*
I actually hope it's a limited. I can't afford multiple covers on a monthly basis for much longer than four issues.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:23 PM
I finally picked up issue #1 today. I thought that it was pretty good. Not perfect. There were a couple of problems (like how Ash's hand changes from metal covered in flesh to just plain metal), but they were just minor things. Mainly I got everything I could have ever wanted from an Army of Darkness comic: Blood, guts, and Ash bein' Ash, baby!

By the way, as for the multiple covers thing, there's like 7 covers for #1 and four for #2.

Since I'm only gonna spend cash on one cover, I'll be picking up the cover that looks like an old pulp comic (with the 299 cents price on the cover...priceless).

Later, all you primitive screwheads.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:43 PM
I am one sad mutha. I have six of the seven covers for #1 and am about to have a snoop around Ebay for the seventh. I have more money than sense.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Sorry. My mistake. There are eight covers for #1. I have seven of the fuckers.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:24 PM
Hell yeah, Army of Darkness rules...
Old 09-03-2004, 03:04 AM
Awww man, you get all the best stuff in your part of the country Psychocandy, I aint even had a sniff of ANY of the #1 prints down my end
Old 09-16-2004, 07:50 PM
Hey, when does #2 come out?
Old 09-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychocandy
Sorry. My mistake. There are eight covers for #1. I have seven of the fuckers.
Jesus Christ! Talk about double-diiping!
Old 09-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Got #2 yesterday. It was better than the first issue. I loved the Freddy claw in the shed, it was a nice nod to Evil Dead 2.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Got #2 yesterday. It was better than the first issue. I loved the Freddy claw in the shed, it was a nice nod to Evil Dead 2.
I got four of #2 (all four regular covers). I've yet to read it though. I'll report back when I do.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:48 AM
This sounds pretty schweet..
Does the comics stand true to the movie?
Old 10-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dead Zed
This sounds pretty schweet..
Does the comics stand true to the movie?
Yeah, pretty much. Actually, a bit TOO much I'm getting pretty tired of them repeating lines from Army of Darkness just for nostalgia's sake. It's kinda annoying, in my honest opinion.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:34 PM
BUMP.
The final issue just came out. All in all, I thought that the series was fun, if a little underwhelming. I liked the ending, I guess.
Next month, I'm picking up the new one-shot, Shop Till You Drop Dead.
Good news, Psychocandy, it's got 4 covers, as well!
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 09:13 PM
im trying to get it where i am but it seems unlikly right now cause i have no money and they are all sold out. i have to wait awhile that sux