Old 07-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Michael Caine

I just finished reading Michael Caine's autobiography "What's It All About?" and came away impressed. It's a good read if you can find it.

Caine shot to stardom in the mid 60's with the back to back hits of The Ipcress File and Alfie. His long list of films include the original Get Carter(and it's remake), The Italian Job, Sleuth, Man Who Would Be King, Dressed to Kill, Educating Rita, Hannah and Her Sisters(Which he won his first Oscar) and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (great movie).

Most recently he's appeared in the overrated The Cider House Rules(In which he won another Oscar), The Quiet American and of course Goldmember.

He's also appeared in many crappy films like the notorious Jaws: The Revenge in which he said "I have never seen the film and by all accounts it was terrible. However I have seen the house that it built, and it is terriffic." I love that line.

Anyways what are your thoughts on this great actor?
Old 07-10-2004, 07:46 PM
He's cool. YAY! Loved The Cider House Rules!
Old 07-10-2004, 08:23 PM

A very big YAY from moi. The man is a legend, a masterful actor who has yet to disappoint me with a bad performance (hell, he was the best thing about the abysmal Jaws: The Revenge and the remake of Get Carter!).

Last edited by Hannibal21; 07-13-2004 at 08:11 PM..
Old 07-10-2004, 08:52 PM
The guy's amazing. I felt he deserved the Oscar more for Quiet American than for Cider House Rules, but that's just me. And he's the only reason I watched Jaws: The Revenge through to its conclusion (which didn't come soon enough). He's also a great sport when he can let his hair down and have a little fun in movies like Goldmember, in which he was hilarious by the way.

"Do you know who I am? Have you got any idea how many anonymous henchmen I've killed over the years? I mean, look at you. You don't even have a name tag. You don't stand a chance. Why don't you just fall down?"

YAY
Old 07-10-2004, 09:12 PM
YAY. I loved him in the original 'Italian Job', 'Alfie' and 'Get Carter'. He's pretty excellent indeed.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:54 PM
The almighty Caine gets a YAY from me. A great actor, and probably one of the biggest British badasses of all time.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:37 PM
YAY!

Great talented actor. Lots of memorable films under his belt. I recently watched him in a fun little comedy BLAME IT ON RIO, and thought he was great!
Old 07-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Oh yes, yes yes, oh YAY! I love this man. As people have said, even in the mosy dismal of films he cannot put a foot wrong.

To me, he epitomises 60s Britain (I wasn't there, but from what I've heard...), is an absolute icon, and can do touching and subtle as well as sharp and witty.

In his heyday, he was bloody gorgeous, too - the phone sex scene in 'Get Carter,' anyone?
Old 07-21-2004, 01:14 PM
YAY!

The man is an Icon. 'Nuff said.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Succubus
Oh yes, yes yes, oh YAY! I love this man. As people have said, even in the mosy dismal of films he cannot put a foot wrong.

To me, he epitomises 60s Britain (I wasn't there, but from what I've heard...), is an absolute icon, and can do touching and subtle as well as sharp and witty.

In his heyday, he was bloody gorgeous, too - the phone sex scene in 'Get Carter,' anyone?
AMEN sister