Old 12-17-2003, 07:41 PM
Avril Lavigne

I really like her. I think she does great music and sings very well, and well, she's cute, but that doesn't really matter. I think she's doing her own thing, avoiding any labels. I'm looking forward to her next album.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:21 AM
I HATE HER! actually it's more her fans that label her punk i hate.

the word's "I'm punk" haven't left her mouth, i don't think. she's still rather annoying.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:00 AM

She has a few catchy songs, but that's pretty much all she has going for her. Nay.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:40 AM
On big fat NAY here. I hate her and her "I'm so tough" attitude, when she's extremely commercial... Talk about hypocrites...
Old 12-18-2003, 09:31 AM
I don't like her attitude but she is fairly talented. I'll give her a VERY mild yay.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:04 AM
ARGH! Her songs play on the radio over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... and I got fucking sick of it!

so NAY!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2003, 10:49 AM
ARGH!....i hate her and her music!
Old 12-18-2003, 11:09 AM
Nay. I don't like her songs or her attitude.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:43 PM
I think she's ok, and I like some of her songs..........so YAY!
Old 12-18-2003, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugar_Kane
Nay. I don't like her songs or her attitude.
ditto
Old 12-19-2003, 03:59 AM

Of all the skanky, disease spreading, no talent whores in the world, Avril certainly is one of them. She belongs in the same tradition of talentless bitches such as Britney Spears and Courtney Love. She's got NO class whatsoever and her attitude sucks! Her songs are simply unbearable to listen to and her grotesque apperance fucking turns me off.

Big fat NAY here!

Old 12-19-2003, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal21
Of all the skanky, disease spreading, no talent whores in the world, Avril certainly is one of them. She belongs in the same tradition of talentless bitches such as Britney Spears and Courtney Love. She's got NO class whatsoever and her attitude sucks! Her songs are simply unbearable to listen to and her grotesque apperance fucking turns me off.

Big fat NAY here!

Right on Hannibal...testify! No matter how hard she tries she is a fake. A puppet for her record company. Nay.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:08 PM
She has good range with her voice, so for that I say Yay. And also her songs are that bad IMO.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:50 PM
Avril's a singer, I don't think anyone should mind her "attitude", that's HER problem, and everyone should respect that, even if you don't like her. What matters is if she can actually sing, and I think she does. If you don't, good for you. But people shouldn't go bashing the girl just because they don't like her. Of course, that's just MY opinion, I can respect others. And well, here I go again...:
GIRL KICKS ASS, being a POP artist or a SOFTROCK artist.
And believe it or not, I'm not a fan, I just think she sings VERY VERY well and is WAY ABOVE other pop/rock artists.

Last edited by Thiago; 12-19-2003 at 08:53 PM..
Old 12-20-2003, 07:40 PM
NAY NAY NAY NAY NAY!!!!

I DESPISE this untalented wannabe bitch!
Old 12-20-2003, 08:42 PM
It seems like her attitude is stereotypically punk and that's being used as a gimmick. and that burns my popcorn!

but that's just me
Old 12-20-2003, 09:10 PM
NAY.......just hearing her name pisses me off.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:13 AM
Unlike the rest of the general populace, I don't care if she labels herself punk or not. Hell, if she claimed to be a panda bear from Anne Heche's planet, that's just fine and dandy. Around here, the only stuff that can really be judged are talents at singing, and/or acting. We don't have anything to really test her acting, but I think she's a fairly good singer. I don't listen to the radio, so I don't have a vendetta against her or her overplayed music, and for a Canadian, she seems alright ()

She gets a YAY
Old 12-21-2003, 12:46 PM
NAY. I don't think she is a good singer, and what she is trying to start is something that's incredibly stupid. And this is coming from a Canadian here.
Old 12-21-2003, 06:33 PM
She's from Napanee. So Nay! Fuck all the hicks from Napanee.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:53 AM
Seen worse, heard worse...not much on style or manners, so 'Meh'.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:47 PM
Nay on her attitude but yay on her songs.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:46 AM
My brother has her album and, frankly, it's a piece of shit. Complicated is a catchy record, I'll give her that, but its so overplayed now that I can't abide it plus having seen her attempt to sing live on a couple of tv shows I can testify to how utterly tuneless her voice is without really good production.

If someone gave me her next album I'd use it as a coaster.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hannibal21

Big fat NAY here!

....what he said

NAY for the "Sk8r Gurl"

Death to Beth

~darchangel~
Old 03-24-2004, 11:25 AM
I...I love what she did with the title "Sk8er Boi"...see...what she did...was take the words "skater boy" and CHANGE them. Yes, yes, I know, it's ingenius...she took the word "skater" and put an '8', instead of "at" *much* like they did in biblical times. Then, she took "boy" and changed it to "boi" which is not only pronounced the same way, but could also be a japanese fish! A BIBLICAL FISH! This song is about no skater boy who "slams on his guitar". It's a song about the biblical fish the boi, who has long been forgotten over the centuries.

I know you all think that she's idiotic...but...look at the above-mentioned nuance and intellect...

I think you'll all think a little harder about it next time you hear "He was a sk8er boi, she said 'see you later boy" The ecosystem would never be the same.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:15 PM
nay
Old 03-26-2004, 09:49 AM
Yuk-Nay
Old 07-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Cute as a button.

Or maybe a bug's ear… whatever.

I think she looks like a young cross between Nicole Kidman and Sarah Michelle Geller, and that's fine in my book.

Yay for Avril. Haters can suck my footlong.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:38 PM
I think she's hot, but besides that, I don't like her much. But, I'll say again that I think she's hot.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:00 AM
Yikes, I just think she looks like she smells or something. She's just really gross and she needs to put on weight. The biggest of Nays. Plus her music sucks super duper mega balls.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:41 AM
nay. not hot, fake, horrible music

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 08-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Writes her own music (although I don't like her music), has a great voice and used to play hockey in the boys league....that takes some guts. YAY!
Old 09-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Wow! Avril in Maxim. Never thought I'd see the day…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gm_l9.jpg (58.4 KB, 89 views)
Old 09-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Here's another Maxim pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxim8.jpg (57.7 KB, 90 views)
Old 09-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarface98.9
Unlike the rest of the general populace, I don't care if she labels herself punk or not. Hell, if she claimed to be a panda bear from Anne Heche's planet, that's just fine and dandy. Around here, the only stuff that can really be judged are talents at singing, and/or acting. We don't have anything to really test her acting, but I think she's a fairly good singer. I don't listen to the radio, so I don't have a vendetta against her or her overplayed music, and for a Canadian, she seems alright ()

She gets a YAY
ditto
Old 09-27-2004, 07:22 PM
when i got that maxim in the mail and looked at her on the cover, i didnt like it
shes the least hot chick there. they shouldve put fergie on the cover...or the fuse chicks

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 09-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Fergie (i assume you mean the woman from black eyed peas) is HOT!
Old 09-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Fergie and Juliya from Fuse as well as the other Fuse girl are both way hotter than Avril.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:19 AM
Wow, look at her all rebellious with her belt buckle that says FUCK!
Old 09-28-2004, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
Fergie and Juliya from Fuse as well as the other Fuse girl are both way hotter than Avril.
exactly frank.
damn they're hot.....the other fuse girl is Marianela. shes argentinian
ahem. im off now *runs to issue of maxim*

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO