Old 12-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky4fingerz View Post
The NFL will not let the Saints lose. That bullshit PI call against ATL when it should have been a pick made me lose all hope in football. Saints will go undefeated and make to the superbowl only because they will play at home during the playoffs. Colts and Saints in the superbowl- both teams undefeated. Wow NFL, next year try to make it fair. 1 step closer to wrestling.
Would you feel the same way if the Falcons were undefeated right now?

And if the last two years have taught us anything, don't sleep on a Colts/Saints Superbowl.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoojib127 View Post
It's the same reason people hate the Yankees, Lakers, and Red Wings in their respective leagues: nobody likes a Glory Hog.
I personally love the Red Wings..Actually I love all the Original Six
Old 12-15-2009, 11:46 PM
I think both the Saints and Colts will lose at least 1 game heading into the playoffs...Saint face the Cowboys and I really wouldn't sleep on the Cowboys(no matter how dreadful they are in December)..and I'm sure the Colts HC will sit his players the last 2 games to get his players healthy for a deep playoff run..
Old 12-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Chris Henry of the Cincy Bengals died today.

Just a lil' FYI for anyone who cares...
Old 12-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post

It's a shame. He had a lot of problems in the beginning of his career, but from everything I read this year, he was finally getting his life in order and maturing. It's too bad he got injured earlier this year, he had a lot of talent and could have been a good receiver.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:52 PM
As a Bengals fan, this is very sad news. Like labialover said, Henry was beginning to come around and was having an impressive season. A very sad and unfortunate situation.

Watch for the Bengals to come out and surprise the Chargers now. Remember when Mike Zimmer's wife passed away? The Bengals have battled through turmoil all season, so expect a huge (passing) game in Henry's honour on Sunday.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:29 PM
Tragic news about Chris Henry. Best wishes to all Bengals fans on the site. My thoughts go out to his family and the Bengals, too. I know this must be rough.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiert Spionam View Post

Absolutely terrible story. What a tragedy. I heard on ESPN that he was successfully turning his life around. It's a shame his life ended this way...and at such a shockingly young age. I believe he has children as well, which makes this a more terrible, tragic story than it already is.

My thoughts go out to Chris Henry's family, as well as the Bengals and the Bengal nation.

Just an awful story...

Strider
Old 12-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Far too young, tragic.

R.I.P
Old 12-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Word its always a shame when people realize they need to turn their life around and when they do, awful shit happens to them. Sucks about his children, but I am wondering why on earth would you get in the back of truck? I dont know..Something about this doesnt add up..

R.I.P Chris Henry
Old 12-19-2009, 02:48 AM
Let's all take a moment to point and laugh at JaMarcus Russell, who lost his starting job to Charlie Frye. Charlie Frye. I think it's safe to assume he's a Ryan Leaf level bust now, right?

The Raiders also signed UFL Champion Quarterback JP Losman. Frye, Russell, Losman, in that order. Best. Depth Chart. Ever.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Pitt wins at the last second, great game.

Mark my words, my Lions will 8 games next year. 8.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:11 PM
*sigh* The Bengals screw it up again. All the defense had to do was stop that cocky asshole Philip Rivers on the final drive of the game, and they couldn't manage it. Hopefully they roll over Kansas City next week, because that's really the only surefire way to win the division at this point (besides the Steelers hopefully beating the Ravens next week...but that's not exactly surefire).
Old 12-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Ha my cowboys forum got hacked by some sore Saints fan.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Anyone know why the Raiders only beat good teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamer581 View Post
Mark my words, my Lions will 8 games next year. 8.
Dude, take it easy.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:42 AM
I believe in the Lions. I would love the think they'd win 8 games next season, but they have an important off seaon (well, many of them are). They need to invest on defense in the first round. They need their Matt Stafford for defense. Who they should go with: Ndamukong Suh. He's definitely a "franchise" player, and is going to be a Pro Bowler for sure. If the Lions can start working on that defense (maybe pick up some solid, "under-the-wire", players in free agency). They also need to sharpen that O-Line up. Kevin Smith is one big play away from living up to his potential.

I mean, Stafford's going to be great. He's proven to be clutch and has played hurt, which shows a lot of character for a rookie. Him and Calvin Johnson are going to have some good seasons ahead of them.

You look at history, and all of the busts and bad draft picks, but I think there's something special here. If Kevin Smith can step it up, Stafford can settle down a little more and not have to throw so many big passes that turn into INTs. They have a very smart minded and confident coach in Jim Shwartz. He believes in his team, and is definitely a worthy captain of the ship.

I know this "love letter" may sound strange for a team that's 2-12, but I really believe in this team.

...and when they're winning tons of games, I can come back and quote this and screamer's posts
Old 12-21-2009, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankpage View Post
I believe in the Lions. I would love the think they'd win 8 games next season, but they have an important off seaon (well, many of them are). They need to invest on defense in the first round. They need their Matt Stafford for defense. Who they should go with: Ndamukong Suh. He's definitely a "franchise" player, and is going to be a Pro Bowler for sure. If the Lions can start working on that defense (maybe pick up some solid, "under-the-wire", players in free agency). They also need to sharpen that O-Line up. Kevin Smith is one big play away from living up to his potential.

I mean, Stafford's going to be great. He's proven to be clutch and has played hurt, which shows a lot of character for a rookie. Him and Calvin Johnson are going to have some good seasons ahead of them.

You look at history, and all of the busts and bad draft picks, but I think there's something special here. If Kevin Smith can step it up, Stafford can settle down a little more and not have to throw so many big passes that turn into INTs. They have a very smart minded and confident coach in Jim Shwartz. He believes in his team, and is definitely a worthy captain of the ship.

I know this "love letter" may sound strange for a team that's 2-12, but I really believe in this team.

...and when they're winning tons of games, I can come back and quote this and screamer's posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamer581
Mark my words, my Lions will 8 games next year. 8
You both realize they play the NFC East next year that's 4 losses right there tell me how they go 8-4 vs the rest of their schedule.

Denver really blew it they blew a chance to clinch a playoff spot and they choked to the Raiders. Wow this team in December I think is worse than Dallas is this team I don't think has won a game in December in the past 4 or 5 years. I'm serious I really do.

Last edited by horrorfreak13; 12-21-2009 at 01:02 AM..
Old 12-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
[QUOTEscreamer581]Mark my words, my Lions will 8 games next year. 8
You both realize they play the NFC East next year that's 4 losses right there tell me how they go 8-4 vs the rest of their schedule.
[/QUOTE]

I said "I would like to believe", but like you pointed out, a tough schedule could prove otherwise. I guess I should have said that the Lions are definitely a project, and next year won't be a big season. They'll improve though, even with the killer schedule.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankpage View Post
I said "I would like to believe", but like you pointed out, a tough schedule could prove otherwise. I guess I should have said that the Lions are definitely a project, and next year won't be a big season. They'll improve though, even with the killer schedule.[/QUOTE]

schedule is alway a key to a season why do you think the Jets prop up every time they have a 10 win season every 4 years and come down to earth the following year.

I know you guys will get the Rams and the Buccaneers next year for finishing last in the division so that's something to look forward too. I don't remember which AFC Division your facing.

Next year my Redskins get the NFC North, the AFC South and the Buccaneers and Rams so there appears to be some easy games next year but I'm going to hate facing that division next year not one easy matchup in there
Old 12-21-2009, 11:11 AM
About the Lions. Kevin Smith could be finished here. He never proved he could be a #1 back in this league. I've made no secret about my man crush on Suh. But if they're not picking #1 then I don't think he'll be available when they do draft. Derrick Morgan is a more likely pick if they can't draft Suh. Their list of needs in no order. RB, WR, OG, OT, C, DT, DE, LB, CB, S. As you can see they still need to plug holes at almost every position. With both lines, and the secondary being the most important to address. I still think they're 2-3 years away. But I do think Schwartz is a good coach.

Other thoughts.

Congrats to Jerome Harrison for breaking Jim Brown's single game team rushing record. And to Louis Delmas, the only rookie in NFL history to score on a safety, a fumble return for a TD, and an interception return for a TD.

I have a lot of respect for the Bengals. I didn't expect them to compete as hard as they did. Flying across country to play is hard enough. To do that, and play as hard as they did under their circumstances is very impressive.

The Vikings need to figure out what kind of team they wanna be. Are they gonna go with their strength and run the ball, or is Childress gonna let Favre run the team? I don't think this team does anything in the playoffs with Brad Childress significantly involved.

The Chargers have won 17 straight December games, that's amazing.

EDIT: About Favre and Childress. If Childress thought Favre wasn't reading the defense, or reacting well to it, and he thought someone else would give the team a better chance to win, then he has that right to pull Favre. Do I think Jackson or Rosenfels was a better option? No. But Favre should not have gone to the media immediately after the game and talked about it. He loves having the attention on him, and that's a matter he should have taken care of in the locker room.

Last edited by labialover; 12-21-2009 at 08:12 PM..
Old 12-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the Packers are going to cause some serious damage in the playoffs?
Old 12-21-2009, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=horrorfreak13;3159464]You both realize they play the NFC East next year that's 4 losses right there tell me how they go 8-4 vs the rest of their schedule.
QUOTE]

That's not necessarily 4 losses. Teams change from year to year, and the Lions are young and no longer under Matt Millen's rule. They are a few years away from possibly contending, sure, but they've shown some signs of growth this year. For example, they were able to hang with the Steelers and Cardinals when they faced them.

Also, the Lions beat an NFC East team this year, the Redskins. And seeing how inconsistent the entire NFC East is, they could possibly put up a challange against them next year. We won't know for sure until it happens.

Other NFL Thoughts:

-The Jets kill me. Top ranked defense and top ranked rushing attack and (likely) no playoffs to show for it. Granted, i'm all for letting the rookie play and learn (even if he does suck his first year), but if the Jets had, say, this year's version of Brett Favre playing with them, they'd be contending. Ugh, it sucks to think about. Anyways, Jets @ Colts is going to be the shit.

-Mangini is so fucked.

-It's kind of weird seeing the Patriots as a vulnerable team going into the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for them losing, just saying it's weird.

-Ideal NFC Championship game: Packers @ Vikings, with the Packers winning in OT when Favre throws a heartbreaking pick that costs his team the Super Bowl...again. Not likely to happen, but how great would that be?

-Screw the Cowboys for actually winning convincingly in December and ruining hopes for an unbeaten Super Bowl. Dicks.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings2525 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the Packers are going to cause some serious damage in the playoffs?
No. I also think the Packers are a huge threat for every NFC team in the Playoffs. After that embarrassing loss to the Buccaneers several weeks ago, the Packers have been playing extremely well. Aaron Rodgers looks great out on the field too. Their loss to the Steelers yesterday was only a slip up -- they could've won the game if the defense had made a couple more plays. Beating the Packers in the Playoffs will be tough.

Strider
Old 12-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Losing to Kurt Warner and the Arizona Cardinals is one thing, but losing to and getting an ass-kicking from the vastly inferior Carolina Panthers and Matt "nobody knows who the fuck you are" Moore is so fucking embarrassing. If you're a Vikings fan, it's time to start panicking. Teams heading into the Playoffs should have some momentum, and the Vikings are one Playoff team that has ZERO momentum right now. They have two weeks to gain some momentum before the Playoffs. If they fail to do so, the Vikings will lose their first game in the post-season.

Mike Holmgren is officially the new president of the Cleveland Browns. This is the end of the line for Eric Mangini. Like TeeRay put it, "Mangini is so fucked."

Will the Bears get rid of Lovie Smith and hire Mike Shanahan to reunite with his former QB Jay Cutler? It's a possibility.

The AFC wildcard race is fucking chaos. Personally, I'd really like to see the Titans get in, somehow, someway. It would make for a great story.

Strider

Last edited by Strider; 12-21-2009 at 10:43 PM..
Old 12-22-2009, 12:35 AM
The Giants DESTROYED the Redskins tonight. I was actually expecting a close game. How stupid of me...

Despite this embarrassing loss, I hope the Redskins can pull off a big upset over the Cowboys this Sunday night. I don't want the Cowboys to make the Playoffs.

Strider
Old 12-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeRay View Post
-Screw the Cowboys for actually winning convincingly in December and ruining hopes for an unbeaten Super Bowl. Dicks.
No it's screw them for winning period I was so looking forward to next week with the jhope of eliminating their asses, beating them and the Giants winning their next 2 it's still a possibility.

As for the Monday nighter I worked and never saw it and it's probably a good thing.

Last edited by horrorfreak13; 12-23-2009 at 10:30 AM..
Old 12-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Quote:
No it's screw them for winning period I was so looking forward to next week with the jhope of eliminating their asses, beating them and the Giants winning their next 2 it's still a possibility.

As for the Monday nighter I worked and never saw it and it's probably a good thing.
Quote:
Despite this embarrassing loss, I hope the Redskins can pull off a big upset over the Cowboys this Sunday night. I don't want the Cowboys to make the Playoffs.
Once again you both prove you'd rather hate another team than love your own team.

It boggles the mind.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Once again you both prove you'd rather hate another team than love your own team.

It boggles the mind.
I've already accepted that this year was going to hell back in week 5 or whatever it was when we lost to the Lions and as a Redskins fan seeing as I can't stand Dallas helping eliminating them from the playoffs might be the only good thing we do all year.

Oh and now that I have finally seen the botch fake field goal near the end of the half against the Giants. Another reason why Jim Zorn is fired after this year, actually there are more reasons why Zorn is fired after this year.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Quote:
I've already accepted that this year was going to hell back in week 5 or whatever it was when we lost to the Lions and as a Redskins fan seeing as I can't stand Dallas helping eliminating them from the playoffs might be the only good thing we do all year.
Wel its no wonder your franchise is in the toilet. You care about another team's failures more than your own success.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Wel its no wonder your franchise is in the toilet. You care about another team's failures more than your own success.
I care about 2 things my franchise success and Dallas failing. If you go back about 2-3 months ago there's a nice long post of how angry I was when we lost to either the Lions or Kansas City I expected way better than 4-10 this year.

Since it became clear to me about 2+ months ago we weren't going anywhere I'd cheer against the teams I hate the most that being Dallas, Phily and Giants in that order.

And I'd rather see the Eagles and Giants in there rather than Dallas and compared to them we have actually won a playoff game in the past 13 years.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:47 AM
The Skins will turn it around. It seems like Snyder may have finally figured out that he needs a good football guy in the front office. Bruce Allen is a good GM, and I'm sure if he doesn't hire Shanahan, he'll make a good hire at coach.

Quote:
I doubt the Skins are bad because horrorfreak doesn't want Dallas to make the playoffs.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Warning to Vikings and Saints:

The Eagles have been to 5 NFC Championship games this decade. They're a veteran team who knows how to win in the playoffs, and are peaking at the right time. Meanwhile, both of you are showing signs of weakness. Assuming the Eagles win the Wild Card round, whoever draws them for the Divisional round will have to deal with that explosive team in a dome. I'm just saying, it's not as much of a lock as we all thought it was a month ago.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Why does everyone think that the Colts and Saints will automatically play in the SuperBowl because they have they best records? I really can't recall a time when the two teams with the best records played each other in the SuperBowl. Last year we would have had a Giants/Titans match up...

It never works out that way, so quit trying to make it seem like the NFL is catering to a team by helping them through the regular season. If there's any team that knows the regular season wins don't mean anything in the playoffs, its the Colts.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Im hoping the Bolts meet the Colts in a playoff match. Just to shut up the hype of Colts/Saints in Super Bowl..I dont even see the Saints as being the best team in the NFC. I give that to the Vikings..even though Favre's been playing like shit(maybe if he actually listened to his coach and stopped being a fucking dick then they might still be undefeated)
Old 12-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Quick side note regarding the Texans:

If Andre Johnson keeps his totals in check, he'll become the first man since Jerry Rice to lead the league in Rec. Yards in back-to-back seasons. The guy is a beast and I hope he never gets traded or leaves via FA..
Old 12-26-2009, 01:01 AM
So the Chargers were pretty damn impressive tonight. They also clinched a first-round bye. But do they even want to take a week off with how well they're playing?

At this point, the playoffs are looking like it could be really exciting, I hope this is the case.

AFC. The Colts are the 1 seed, but the Chargers are arguably playing better football right now. I will never count out the Patriots. I think the Bengals aren't experienced enough, but I also didn't think they would be this good.

NFC. The Saints and Vikings appear to be the favorites, but they both are having problems right now. The Eagles are playing great right now, but they might depend on the big play a little too much. The Cardinals have proven they can get hot at the right time and play great football.

And of course, there's always a wild card team that makes a run. This year is no different. Packers, Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers, Broncos are all capable of doing it.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by labialover View Post
AFC. The Colts are the 1 seed, but the Chargers are arguably playing better football right now.
arguably? They're a better football team right now. Defense is stepping up, more balance on offense, more physical team... they're the best team in football, not just the AFC.

Quote:
The Eagles are playing great right now, but they might depend on the big play a little too much.
I'd agree with that, except for the fact that any road game they play will most likely be indoors. A team that relies on big plays might struggle, say, in Foxboro, Heinz, Lambeau, or Soldier Field in December. But indoors, I think they can pull it off because that explosion won't be slowed down.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Quote:

I doubt the Skins are bad because horrorfreak doesn't want Dallas to make the playoffs.
Maybe, if that wasnt how their entire organization feels.

Just watch, last week Washington rolled over and took it in the ass against the Giants, another NFC East opponent. But this week, against the Cowboys, they'll play like theyre in the goddamn superbowl.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:39 PM
the eagles jackson is freakin loco! he's like that cocky receiver you seen in the movies

chargers look stronger than the colts at mo. sproles, jackson, rivers, jammer, gates, even lt is on form
Old 12-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
the eagles jackson is freakin loco! he's like that cocky receiver you seen in the movies

chargers look stronger than the colts at mo. sproles, jackson, rivers, jammer, gates, even lt is on form
Yep. Couple that with the fact that the Colts are going to regret sitting their starters before the playoffs as opposed to giving them every chance to make that game better. It's an incredibly stupid coaching decision. I could see San Diego pulling an upset in Indianapolis.

While I'm at it, the Saints are not for real. Losses to Tampa Bay and the 'Boys as well as lots of close games against lesser teams prove that they're not ready for prime time.

I could see the Chargers winning the AFC and the Vikings, Eagles or even the Cowboys winning the NFC. How wild would it be for the Bolts and Vikes, two teams who've never won the SuperBowl, to play in the championship game?