#4401  
Old 08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I just went to the Patriots hall of fame. Wasn't bad at all. They had a good movie about the team history and long time fans talking about the events. Too bad camp wasn't open and my mom, her friend, and my sister wanted to leave. The place looks like a theme park now than just a football stadium.
Reply With Quote
  #4402  
Old 08-04-2010, 10:22 PM
My predictions for the upcoming season.

NFC East Champs-Dallas Cowboys
NFC North Champs-Green Bay
NFC South Champs-New Orleans
NFC West Champs-San Francisco
NFC Wild Cards-Minnesota and Philadelphia

AFC East Champs-New York Jets
AFC North Champs-Cincinnati Bengals
AFC South Champs-Indianapolis Colts
AFC West Champs-San Diego Chargers
AFC Wild Cards-Houston Texans and Denver Broncos
Reply With Quote
  #4403  
Old 08-04-2010, 11:23 PM
in regards to Favre:

It is going to be tough for him to call it quits knowing that his final play in his storied NFL career was a CRUCIAL interception (was it IN the End zone or NEAR the End zone)??


Whenever I hear of Favre and I see his wife, i ALWAYS think about Any Given Sunday and the roles of Lauren Holly and Dennis Quaid... he was ready to hang it up, but his bitch of a wife kept on pushing him. I dontknow why, but it just seems that way in regards to Favre and his wife! I could be way off, but you know!
Reply With Quote
  #4404  
Old 08-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNet View Post
in regards to Favre:

It is going to be tough for him to call it quits knowing that his final play in his storied NFL career was a CRUCIAL interception (was it IN the End zone or NEAR the End zone)??


Whenever I hear of Favre and I see his wife, i ALWAYS think about Any Given Sunday and the roles of Lauren Holly and Dennis Quaid... he was ready to hang it up, but his bitch of a wife kept on pushing him. I dontknow why, but it just seems that way in regards to Favre and his wife! I could be way off, but you know!
I think you're way off. And it was near the end zone.

Here's a really good article about the whole Favre situation, and as a packers fan it makes me smile:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...rksUUUycaEacyU
Reply With Quote
  #4405  
Old 08-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
My predictions for the upcoming season.

NFC East Champs-Dallas Cowboys
NFC North Champs-Green Bay
NFC South Champs-New Orleans
NFC West Champs-San Francisco
NFC Wild Cards-Minnesota and Philadelphia

AFC East Champs-New England Patriots
AFC North Champs-Baltimore Ravens
AFC South Champs-Indianapolis Colts
AFC West Champs-San Diego Chargers
AFC Wild Cards-Houston Texans and New York Jets
Fixed. My opinion anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #4406  
Old 08-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@$$ View Post
Fixed. My opinion anyway.
I don't like it when people fix my own posts. If you want to make your own predicitions go ahead but dont fix other peoples post ok?
Reply With Quote
  #4407  
Old 08-05-2010, 05:30 PM
I really don't see what everyone else sees about the Ravens. They still have an an aging defense which the Bengals had no trouble tearing up, and an overrated (in my opinion) quarterback in Joe Flacco (sorry folks, but the Ravens--just like the Steelers--suffer when their quarterback throws the ball around. The Ravens did better in the playoffs because they played their traditional ground and pound football). I just don't see it being that easy for them this season.

Last edited by Mr. Fred Krueger; 08-05-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4408  
Old 08-05-2010, 06:39 PM
I agree Fred. They arent as formidable as they once were. On the other hand, I think Flacco is actually UNDER RATED tbh. But you pressure him out of the pocket and he panics. Kid needs to learn to throw on the run.

And in other AWESOME news, the Houston Texans and Andre Johnson have come to terms on a long term deal that will keep Johnson in Houston till at least 2016. With Johnson,Daniels,Slaton, and Schaub(our first competent quarterback)..we stand a great chance of making the playoffs. No more sub-par .500 seasons for us!
Reply With Quote
  #4409  
Old 08-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
. No more sub-par .500 seasons for us!
haha, won't this season be the first if that does happen?
Reply With Quote
  #4410  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smok3h View Post
haha, won't this season be the first if that does happen?
2nd. We finished 9-7 last season and finished 1 game out of the final wild card berth.
Reply With Quote
  #4411  
Old 08-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
My predictions for the upcoming season.

NFC East Champs-Dallas Cowboys
NFC North Champs-Green Bay
NFC South Champs-New Orleans
NFC West Champs-San Francisco
NFC Wild Cards-Minnesota and Philadelphia

AFC East Champs-New York Jets
AFC North Champs-Cincinnati Bengals
AFC South Champs-Indianapolis Colts
AFC West Champs-San Diego Chargers
AFC Wild Cards-Houston Texans and Denver Broncos
I find it curious that you picked San Fran to win the west over a better Cards team (rookie QB pretty much) and then pick Philly's rookie QB to make the wild card. Is Minn winning the wild card based on BF playing?

I am betting on a Jet let down.
Reply With Quote
  #4412  
Old 08-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I find it curious that you picked San Fran to win the west over a better Cards team (rookie QB pretty much) and then pick Philly's rookie QB to make the wild card. Is Minn winning the wild card based on BF playing?

I am betting on a Jet let down.
The NFC West is the weakest division in all of the NFL. Arizona had its time in the limelight but lost Warner, Boldin, Rolle. Leinart isnt ready to lead the team as he has already lost his chance before. Im picking the 49er's simply because they have all the cards stacked up as the team to beat in the NFC West. With the 49'ers running attack(Gore) plus a revamped passing attack consisting of Alex Smith,Crabtree and Davis should propel them to their respective division title.To be honest, I honestly think Green Bay is the better team than Minnesota WITH Brett Favre. Even WHEN Brett does come back, I still think they won't repeat what happened to them last year. Green Bay won't let it happen.
Reply With Quote
  #4413  
Old 08-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofKings2525 View Post
Because I'm a Packers fan and there is almost nothing worst than Vikings fans (3rd behind Bears & Raiders fans).
Eagles fans are THE worst than any sports fans in the world, besides the futball/soccer fans overseas. What wrong with Vikings and Bears fans besides their rivalry of your team?
Reply With Quote
  #4414  
Old 08-07-2010, 11:52 AM
how are Eagles fans the "worst?" They're passionate and consistently support the team. When the Eagles suck, the fans still pay money to see them play, even if they criticize a bit. Give me fans like that, who genuinely care, over fans like New England, who just gravitate to whatever Boston sports team is most successful at the current time (aside fromt he Red Sox, who are always supported and have amazing fans).
Reply With Quote
  #4415  
Old 08-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
how are Eagles fans the "worst?" They're passionate and consistently support the team. When the Eagles suck, the fans still pay money to see them play, even if they criticize a bit. Give me fans like that, who genuinely care, over fans like New England, who just gravitate to whatever Boston sports team is most successful at the current time (aside fromt he Red Sox, who are always supported and have amazing fans).
Yes it's great that they are passionate but they can always be the roughest. If you suck they hate you. When you are great they love you. Don't forget about the Micheal Irvin injury they cheered for. I know the rival but still that was classless at best. Boston has tons of loyal fans too but yes there lots of bandwagon fans as well, any team that does good gets them. I have respect for any Philly sports fan that doesn't make the fanbase look bad like lot of them do. The worst part wasn't about fairweather but more about how they criticize some of it's players and coaches.
Reply With Quote
  #4416  
Old 08-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Did anyone see the hall of fame last night? I only saw Floyd Little and Emmit Smith speech.
Reply With Quote
  #4417  
Old 08-08-2010, 11:12 PM
NFC North: Green Bay
NFC South: New Orleans
NFC East: Dallas
NFC West: San Francisco
Wildcard: Minnesota, Atlanta

AFC North: Baltimore
AFC South: Indianapolis
AFC East: New York Jets
AFC West: San Diego
Wildcard: New England, Houston

I will take it a step further for Playoff results:

Wildcard Weekend:
New Orleans over Atlanta
Minnesota over San Francisco
San Diego over Houston
New England over Baltimore

Divisional Weekend
Green Bay over New Orleans
Minnesota over Dallas
Indianapolis over New England
New York Jets over San Diego

Conference Weekend
Green Bay over Minnesota
Indianapolis over New York Jets

Super Bowl
Green Bay over Indianapolis

I think the winner of the NFC North will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl for sure. Dallas is overrated (they will only win 10+ games because their schedule is so easy) and Romo will choke in the playoffs and the Saints will not be able to recreate the magic (or the bad calls) to make it to the Super Bowl again.

The AFC is pretty simple for me too. Indy is clearly the best team right now with the Jets having a pretty great team too. I don't think the Jets have the offense to win the AFC. Yeah, their defense is amazing but it won't be able to out match Peyton when it comes down to it.

Hence, Packers vs. Colts in the Super Bowl
Reply With Quote
  #4418  
Old 08-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkisFig View Post
NFC North: Green Bay
NFC South: New Orleans
NFC East: Dallas
NFC West: San Francisco
Wildcard: Minnesota, Atlanta

AFC North: Baltimore
AFC South: Indianapolis
AFC East: New York Jets
AFC West: San Diego
Wildcard: New England, Houston

I will take it a step further for Playoff results:

Wildcard Weekend:
New Orleans over Atlanta
Minnesota over San Francisco
San Diego over Houston
New England over Baltimore

Divisional Weekend
Green Bay over New Orleans
Minnesota over Dallas
Indianapolis over New England
New York Jets over San Diego

Conference Weekend
Green Bay over Minnesota
Indianapolis over New York Jets

Super Bowl
Green Bay over Indianapolis

I think the winner of the NFC North will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl for sure. Dallas is overrated (they will only win 10+ games because their schedule is so easy) and Romo will choke in the playoffs and the Saints will not be able to recreate the magic (or the bad calls) to make it to the Super Bowl again.

The AFC is pretty simple for me too. Indy is clearly the best team right now with the Jets having a pretty great team too. I don't think the Jets have the offense to win the AFC. Yeah, their defense is amazing but it won't be able to out match Peyton when it comes down to it.

Hence, Packers vs. Colts in the Super Bowl
Their schedule is the third hardest in the league. Only the Texans and Titans have worse schdules.
Reply With Quote
  #4419  
Old 08-08-2010, 11:23 PM
If Favre doesnt play, the NFC is Dallas'. Cant wait until Green Bay doesnt win another playoff game and we beat New Orleans just like last year.
Reply With Quote
  #4420  
Old 08-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
If Favre doesnt play, the NFC is Dallas'. Cant wait until Green Bay doesnt win another playoff game and we beat New Orleans just like last year.
If Favre does play, Minnesota won't have the same success as last year. I have a gut feeling about it.
Reply With Quote
  #4421  
Old 08-11-2010, 12:46 PM
The Packers will win the NFC North. My prediction for that division.
Reply With Quote
  #4422  
Old 08-11-2010, 12:50 PM
I just went to the Patriots/Saints tranning camp. Was very fun. I like that both teams were practice together too. I'm also going to the game tomorrow. Yeah it's preseason but it will still be fun I hope.
Reply With Quote
  #4423  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:47 PM
What a fun preseason game that was. I just went to Gillette Stadium for the second time(first in 05 against the Buffalo Bills). I will be very interested in Julian Edelman for the future. He was solid in the Saints game. Laurence Maroney wasn't too bad either. Brain Hoyer who is a backup qb did well in the game as well. The Saints did very well too. Larry Beavers kickoff return was amazing. I was very pleased that I went to the game.



Go Patriots!
Reply With Quote
  #4424  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Congrets to Sam "Bam" Cunningham for going in the Pats Hall Of Fame. One of the leading rushing yards in the team history.
Reply With Quote
  #4425  
Old 08-13-2010, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
If Favre doesnt play, the NFC is Dallas'. Cant wait until Green Bay doesnt win another playoff game and we beat New Orleans just like last year.
Romo can't win when it counts. Favre can. Brees can. Rodgers will.
Reply With Quote
  #4426  
Old 08-13-2010, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkisFig View Post
Romo can't win when it counts. Favre can. Brees can. Rodgers will.
How insightful. Rodgers has never won a playoff game. If anything, I say Rodgers cant win when it counts.

As for Favre, havent his last three seasons ended on an interception?
Reply With Quote
  #4427  
Old 08-13-2010, 11:47 AM
^Yes. It was all interceptions.
Reply With Quote
  #4428  
Old 08-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Fuck what a awful list this is. http://www.wedolists.com/2010/08/top...s-of-all-time/
Reply With Quote
  #4429  
Old 08-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@$$ View Post
Im a longtime Broncos fan, and Im not sure if Shanahan belongs on that list before Dungy or Holmgren. Shanahan had a great team for a while right around the milenia mark(imo one of the greatest), but the last 4 or five years of his tenure as a Bronco were painful. He had a raw talent in Cutler but couldnt cut the college crybaby out of the kid. Shani just couldn't hold a team together down the stretch in his later years. Now hes in D.C, so he has the possibility to add to his legend, another superbowl or two would put him on this list in my mind.

Not that im rooting for the Skins or anybody else in the NFC, except maybe the Saints if/when the Broncos season ends.

Last edited by fixedMind; 08-14-2010 at 07:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4430  
Old 08-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@$$ View Post
Bill Walsh needs to be higher... much higher.

Yes, he won with talent, but he also created an iconic form of offense that has been copied ever since. Having him that low is like saying "Phil Jackson never won without MJ or Kobe, so he's not really that good." Ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #4431  
Old 08-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
How insightful. Rodgers has never won a playoff game. If anything, I say Rodgers cant win when it counts.

As for Favre, havent his last three seasons ended on an interception?
Yeah, I am with him. As far as I am concerned, Eli Manning can be counted on better with the last pass of a game on the line than 90% of all starting QBs. He'd be his brother if he could play the rest of the game that way.
Reply With Quote
  #4432  
Old 08-14-2010, 02:41 PM
can't fucking wait for next season though i have no clue how i will watch the games seeing that i am moving to bristol and will not be able to afford sky or the overpriced nfl pass which doesn't even stream properly. looks like i may have to make friends with some lame english nfl click, "hey dudes, how about we watch the foosball every sunday round jerome's house?"

kill me now
Reply With Quote
  #4433  
Old 08-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@$$ View Post
Eagles fans are THE worst than any sports fans in the world, besides the futball/soccer fans overseas. What wrong with Vikings and Bears fans besides their rivalry of your team?
I am with him. I live in the Philly market. Philly sports fans are the worst. They travel very well though.
Reply With Quote
  #4434  
Old 08-14-2010, 09:06 PM
And Philly fans are loyal fuckers.
Reply With Quote
  #4435  
Old 08-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Percy Harvin collapsed at practice today and was sent away in am ambulance. His grandmother died recently and he has been suffering from migraines again all preseason. The Vikings sent him a 5 day letter last week, which pretty much means, get your ass to camp.

Vikings management is clueless and incompetent.
Reply With Quote
  #4436  
Old 08-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Sad how with all the technology we have and research that has been done, the NFL still doesn't quite understand head issues. Yeah, they're getting better with concussions (although honestly, I feel that's more of a PR thing) but this is absurd. I hope Harvin is ok. And the Vikings are morons.
Reply With Quote
  #4437  
Old 08-19-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm actually worried about Harvin's state of health. The Vikings are fucking clueless as they said to get his ass to camp even though he's been dealing with migraines..I guess thats how they deal with their top stars in Minnesota, either that or they were to busy sucking Brett's dick to try and get him back.

Speaking of Brett Favre...FUCK YOU BRETT. I hate your guts. You aren't doing it for your team mates or because you "love" the game too much. You're doing it because you want a damn paycheck and you want another championship. You aint gonna get one in Minnesota, I assure you of that. Minnesota is good but not even the best team in the NFC!

Onto my team's news...Texans LB Brian Cushing's suspension was upheld today. We're gonna get gashed on the run with him gone for 4 games.
Reply With Quote
  #4438  
Old 08-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
Speaking of Brett Favre...FUCK YOU BRETT. I hate your guts. You aren't doing it for your team mates or because you "love" the game too much. You're doing it because you want a damn paycheck and you want another championship. You aint gonna get one in Minnesota, I assure you of that. Minnesota is good but not even the best team in the NFC!
Doesn't he have a retirement deal in place with the Packers, or was that voided when he went to a divisonal rival? I know it was in tact when he left the Jets...
Reply With Quote
  #4439  
Old 08-20-2010, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Doesn't he have a retirement deal in place with the Packers, or was that voided when he went to a divisonal rival? I know it was in tact when he left the Jets...
Honestly, Darth I have no idea. I never heard of anything like that. I do know that Brett was PISSED that the Packers didn't "try" to get him back after he said he was gonna retire. At that point, I was with the Packers the whole way.
Reply With Quote
  #4440  
Old 08-20-2010, 11:05 AM
^^^

I only ask because if he has that deal still, then I don't think this is about money. But I know the Packers didn't want him to go to the Vikings (so much so that they had a clause in the trade with the Jets that prevented them from trading him to the Vikes) so that retirement deal might be void now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump