Old 08-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by labialover View Post
Seems like the Colts are the only team that are complaining about it, and that's really not a shock at all. They've had rules changed to their benefit for the last decade, now they're all pissy about one that won't benefit them.
Examples? Not calling you out, I'm just honestly not sure what you're referring to.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
Examples? Not calling you out, I'm just honestly not sure what you're referring to.
There is some truth to it. Some fans have labeled it the "Peyton Manning Effect" haha.

2003 playoffs: Colts get spanked by the Pats in the AFCC, the Ty Law rule comes about, which means no more bump & run which makes it much harder on defensive backs everywhere. The Colts organization was really gung ho about this.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
Maybe I shouldn't have worded it like that, but echo said it for me. Bill Polian is on the rules committee and it's no secret he lobbied hard for the changes in the secondary a few's years ago. And now they're the only ones that have complained about this rule. I watched the Lions effectively run a no-huddle against the Browns, and it didn't stop the Packers from putting up 59 against the Colts.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d..._headlines2col

The NFL will inform teams Tuesday about tweaks to where the umpire will be stationed in the offensive backfield, The New York Times reported.

The adjustments are in response to a new rule that moved the umpire from the middle of the defense to 14 to 17 yards behind the offense for safety reasons. That was adjusted to 12 yards back after the Hall of Fame Game so the ball could be spotted quicker. Still, the rule drew criticism from Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, whose team was penalized twice for snapping the ball before the umpire was in position during a preseason game Thursday.

The latest tweaks, made after a conference call that included members of the league's competition committee, include requiring the umpire only to be standing behind the deepest member of the offense, and quarterbacks can look at officials near the sidelines to get the go-ahead to snap the ball, rather than turn around and look for a signal from the umpire.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
I don't really have a problem with the rule. The ump doesn't have to spot the ball on every down, and in the last 2 minutes of the half they can go back to their old position. The league is trying to protect them, can't fault them for that.

Seems like the Colts are the only team that are complaining about it, and that's really not a shock at all. They've had rules changed to their benefit for the last decade, now they're all pissy about one that won't benefit them.
Exactly, it was hilarious how big of a baby Peyton was being during the game last Thursday. I didn't ever seen Aaron Rodgers complaining about the new rule. I like Peyton Manning but he can be such a bitch sometimes.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smok3h View Post
Exactly, it was hilarious how big of a baby Peyton was being during the game last Thursday. I didn't ever seen Aaron Rodgers complaining about the new rule. I like Peyton Manning but he can be such a bitch sometimes.
Agree besides that I'm not a fan of Peyton or any Manning which most of you know why.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:23 PM
So uh....go Lions!!!??
Old 09-02-2010, 10:33 PM
screamer I feel bad for you . Rooting for the Lions is like eating shit. Things are very bleak over there isn't it?
Old 09-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@$$ View Post
screamer I feel bad for you . Rooting for the Lions is like eating shit. Things are very bleak over there isn't it?
It is. Although for the first time in years, things are looking up for my Lions. I don't think they will win more than 6 games this year, but in another season or two...well, I don't wanna jinx them.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:21 AM
It's not bleak at all to be a Lions fan.

If Suh stays healthy the entire season he should be Defensive ROY. He probably won't win because he won't have the stats. Dude has been double/triple teamed the entire preseason except a handful of plays, and on those plays he absolutely abused the o-lineman. Likewise with Jahvid Best. If he stays healthy he could win Offensive ROY. The guy has been dynamite all preseason. Stafford has improved a shit ton. They're d-line has been getting after the QB. And their o-line haa even been steady. I know it's the preseason, but things are finally looking up for this franchise.

If they win 6 games this year, it's a success. Another draft where they net linebackers and secondary help and they should win another 3 games.

Unless you're from Michigan it's honestly hard to understand how bad of shape this team was in when Millen was finally fired. I've always personally thought it would take 3-4 years to fix it and I think that's what they're on schedule for.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
I've always personally thought it would take 30-40 years to fix it and I think that's what they're on schedule for.
I fixed that for you

I'm just playing. Even though the Lions are in the Packers division I don't know how I can hate them. If it came down to the Packers being out of the playoffs, and the Lions were still in, I would root for the Lions.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
I fixed that for you

I'm just playing. Even though the Lions are in the Packers division I don't know how I can hate them. If it came down to the Packers being out of the playoffs, and the Lions were still in, I would root for the Lions.
You're a Packer fan living in Minnesota? Is that legal?
Old 09-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
You're a Packer fan living in Minnesota? Is that legal?
Hahaha, I know it doesn't seem right does it? I was trying to look up bars where I could watch Packers games last year and found this one website called something like, "Behind Enemy Lines: Packers fans living in the Twin Cities". That website made me chuckle.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Hahaha, I know it doesn't seem right does it? I was trying to look up bars where I could watch Packers games last year and found this one website called something like, "Behind Enemy Lines: Packers fans living in the Twin Cities". That website made me chuckle.
Lol. I feel you. I live in Jacksonville where the Jaguars rule the city with an iron fist and I'm a Houston Texans fan.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Jaguars rule the city with an iron fist? I thought they can't sellout their games and get black out on TV amirite? I don't think Texans have many bars in this country since they don't have a huge of a fanbase.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Jaguars rule the city with an iron fist? I thought they can't sellout their games and get black out on TV amirite? I don't think Texans have many bars in this country since they don't have a huge of a fanbase.
They do. Trust me. We have some loyal ass fans here. The reason why we only get about 45-50,000 asses in our seats is because 1)Jags season tickets are ridiculously outpriced, 2)our team sucks lol...when we had winning seasons like 10 years ago we were selling out left and right..Now seasons of 7-9, 8-8, 6-11 isnt cutting it anymore..Wayne Weaver(owner) says he has no intentions of selling the team but the League might interfere if this is a declining trend which it looks like.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:17 PM
If I'm not mistaking just about every NFL tickets would have to be overpriced? When almost every NFL team was on the most value team list, they have to be expensive.

Last edited by John@$$; 09-07-2010 at 03:23 PM..
Old 09-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote:
If I'm not mistaking just about every NFL tickets would have to be overpriced? When almost every NFL team was on the most value team list, they have to be expensive.
It's just expensive to attend a game these days.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:20 AM
Predictions

AFC EAST
New York Jets (11-5) Sanchez should improve with more weapons and a top defense

Miami Dolphins (9-7) Brendan Marshall will help the offense if he dosen't pull the same stuff he did with Denver

New England Patriots (9-7) Defense isn't the same as it used to be

Buffalo Bills (4-12) You want hope Bills fans there's....... umm...... I can't think of anything

AFC NORTH
Baltimore Ravens (12-4) Not too many chances left for Ray Lewis and this Defense which is showing signs of aging especially the secondary

Cincinnati Bengals (10-6) If the defense keeps it up like last year they should return to the playoffs

Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8) No Big Ben for the first 4 weeks will hurt

Cleveland Browns (5-11) Jake Delhomme is an improvment over Derek Anderson and that's the sad part but barely

AFC SOUTH
Indianapolis Colts (13-3) The Super Bowl loss still stings

Houston Texans (9-7) Can Schaub stay healthy for 2 straight years

Tennessee Titans (7-9) Defense is a problem and so is playing the NFC East

Jacksonville Jaguars (4-12) David Garrard decent QB but no big playmaking WR and has yet to repeat the decent year he had a few years back.

AFC WEST
San Diego Chargers (13-3) Great regular season team but can they do it when it really matters in the playoffs for once

Oakland Raiders (6-10) I can't believe I actually think this team can win 6 games

Denver Broncos (5-11) Which team do we get (a)the team that won its first 6 games or (b)the team that lost 8 of the last 10 games? I pick b

Kansas City Chiefs (4-12) The building blocks are still there unfortunatley in 5 years this team will probably still be terrible

AFC DIVISION WINNERS
Indianapolis
San Diego
Baltimore
NY Jets

WILD CARDS
Cincinnati
Houston

NFC EAST
New York Giants (10-6) Defense must return to form

Washington Redskins (9-7) McNabb hasn't played a full season in 5 years but and upgrade over Campbell and is the teams first really good QB since the 3 or 4 great years Mark Rypien had and before him Joe Theismann

Dallas Cowboys (9-7) Hey the Super Bowl is in Dallas lets all go and predict Dallas to make it there. COME ON REALLY???? For a team that finally won a playoff game for the first time in 13 years and was embarrassed in their loss to Minnesota last year

Philadelphia Eagles (6-10) Kevin Kolb has played 2 fucking games and is already hyped as one of the top 10 QBs in the NFL are you fucking kidding me. He's gone from underrated to overrrated in 3 weeks

NFC NORTH
Green Bay Packers (13-3) Don't usually take much stock in the pre-season but damn does Aaron Rodgers look good

Minnesota Vikings (10-6) The loss of Sidney Rice for half the season hurts

Chicago Bears (7-9) If Jay "turnover" Cutler can ever cut down throwing INTs they could challenge for a playoff spot but doubt it

Detroit Lions (5-11) There may finally be hope for the first time in a long time but it might be another year or 2 to really see the results

NFC SOUTH
New Orleans Saints (12-4) Take a look at everyone that has graced the cover of Madden the past several years every offensive star their numbers have decreased the following year. Larry Fitzgerald, Shawn Alexander, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, and of course there's Michael Vick

Atlanta Falcons (9-7) They could surprise and take the division if Matt Ryan rebounds from last year

Carolina Panthers (7-9) Their QB is Matt Moore well its better than whatever Jake Delhomme did last year

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-13) Had no hope last year and still have no hope this year

NFC WEST

San Francisco 49ers (8-8) Win this by default and there could be 2 teams that have a better record than them and miss the playoffs

Arizona Cardinals (6-10) Kurt Warner retiring has taken them right out the playoffs because Derek Anderson suuuuuuucccccckkkks!!!! Ask Browns fans

Seattle Seahawks (4-12) Can Matt Hasselbeck survive a full season I don't think so

St.Louis Rams (2-14) I feel like I predict this every year with this team just saying.....

NFC DIVISION WINNERS
Green Bay
New Orleans
NY Giants
San Francisco

WILD CARDS
Atlanta
Washington

AFC Championship
Baltimore over Indianapolis

NFC Championship
Green Bay over New Orleans

Super Bowl
Baltimore over Green Bay

MVP: Aaron Rodgers
OPOY: Aaron Rodgers
DPOY: Demarcus Ware
OROY Ryan Mathews
DROY Ndamuksog Suh
Old 09-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Holy shit kick off is tonight! I'm so pumped. Can't wait to see if the Minnesota Brett Favres get stomped by New Orleans... I'm hoping so. My roommate's having a ton of his vikings fans friends over so I'm gonna be the only one cheering for New Orleans tonight.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:37 PM

Yeah kickoff is tonight! Cant wait

I am gonna list my picks for Week 1 (winner in bold)

Minnesota at New Orleans
Carolina at NY Giants
Atlanta at Pittsburgh
Cleveland at Tampa Bay
Denver at Jacksonville
Indianapolis at Houston
Miami at Buffalo
Detroit at Chicago
Oakland at Tennessee
Cincinnati at New England
Arizona at St. Louis
San Francisco at Seattle
Green Bay at Philadelphia
Dallas at Washington

MON, SEP 13 TIME (ET)
Baltimore at NY Jets 7:00 PM
San Diego at Kansas City 10:15 PM
Old 09-09-2010, 05:46 PM
The Onion has a team by team breakdown for this season:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/oni...m-guide,18023/

Very much worth reading.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Yeah kickoff is tonight! Cant wait

I am gonna list my picks for Week 1 (winner in bold)

Indianapolis at Houston

booooo!!! you picked the wrong team i understand why you picked them though..they are 15-1 against the Texans.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:15 AM
And so begins the fall of the Vikes. This won't be pretty.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Picks for the rest of Week 1:

Carolina at NY Giants

Atlanta at Pittsburgh: I just don't see Pittsburgh getting it done without Rapeslisberger.

Cleveland at Tampa Bay: Cleveland is definitely going to be a better team this year. I don't know if they'll get a chance at the division, but they'll definitely compete.

Denver at Jacksonville
Indianapolis at Houston

Miami at Buffalo: That's a tough one, but I think Miami'll be able to hold C.J. Spiller off. Otherwise Buffalo doesn't have much in the way of a passing attack.

Detroit at Chicago: Well...it's Detroit. I still don't expect much from them this year.

Oakland at Tennessee

Cincinnati at New England: What, you think I'm going to pick against my team? Besides, I think the Bengals have a good chance now that Carson has some weapons on the field. And New England doesn't exactly have the greatest defense. I would expect a high scoring game.

Arizona at St. Louis: Sam Bradford > Derek Anderson
San Francisco at Seattle: This is the Niners' come back season. No way are they gonna drop one to Seattle to start with.

Dallas at Washington

Baltimore at NY Jets: As a Bengals fan, I WANT Baltimore to lose. But I don't think the Jets have enough offensively to beat the Ravens. The Ravens are going to make Sanchez pass the ball, and eventually he's going to throw a couple of interceptions (as usual).

San Diego at Kansas City

And yes, echo bravo, I did go ahead and just steal your list. I just didn't feel like typing all that out.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Last night's Saints/Vikings was a bit of a disappointment. It was nowhere near as entertaining or thrilling as last season's NFC Championship. The Vikings looked completely unprepared (not a surprise, considering the lack of time Brett Favre had to practice and prepare with the team), and they were, at times, very painful to watch. Not to mention Favre didn't have Sidney Rice on the field to throw balls at. As for the Saints, they didn't look very impressive, despite their victory. Nevertheless, something tells me they'll probably have a better season than the Vikings.

By the way, what the fuck was up with Garrett Hartley last night? Collinsworth was right when he said the following: "Maybe he needs more pressure." Hahaha!

Strider
Old 09-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fred Krueger View Post
Picks for the rest of Week 1:

Carolina at NY Giants

Atlanta at Pittsburgh: I just don't see Pittsburgh getting it done without Rapeslisberger.

Cleveland at Tampa Bay: Cleveland is definitely going to be a better team this year. I don't know if they'll get a chance at the division, but they'll definitely compete.

Denver at Jacksonville
Indianapolis at Houston

Miami at Buffalo: That's a tough one, but I think Miami'll be able to hold C.J. Spiller off. Otherwise Buffalo doesn't have much in the way of a passing attack.

Detroit at Chicago: Well...it's Detroit. I still don't expect much from them this year.

Oakland at Tennessee

Cincinnati at New England: What, you think I'm going to pick against my team? Besides, I think the Bengals have a good chance now that Carson has some weapons on the field. And New England doesn't exactly have the greatest defense. I would expect a high scoring game.

Arizona at St. Louis: Sam Bradford > Derek Anderson
San Francisco at Seattle: This is the Niners' come back season. No way are they gonna drop one to Seattle to start with.

Dallas at Washington

Baltimore at NY Jets: As a Bengals fan, I WANT Baltimore to lose. But I don't think the Jets have enough offensively to beat the Ravens. The Ravens are going to make Sanchez pass the ball, and eventually he's going to throw a couple of interceptions (as usual).

San Diego at Kansas City

And yes, echo bravo, I did go ahead and just steal your list. I just didn't feel like typing all that out.

Try the NFL confidence pool thread to discus the predictions for the upcoming Sunday.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
Predictions

AFC EAST

DUDE! Do you realize your predition is at a negative 14? That means your preditions can't come true. You have 14 more loses in your preditions than wins. You need to add 7 more wins to some teams and takeaway 7 loses. I did not look at other predictions from here, but Peter King of SI was at a plus 4.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:37 AM
My predictions and because I remember my accounting 101 (wins and loses must equal out) I actually have a shot at being correct.

Jets 11-5 I don't buy the type, but they have an easy schedule.
Patriots 10-6 rebuilding
Dolphins 7-9 Only because they have an easy schedule
Bills 4-12

Ravens 12-4 I believe
Steelers 10-6 rough schedule to start
Bengals 10-6
Browns 3-13 Down with Manasshole

Colts 11-5 Fuck Mannning, yeah I said it
Texans 9-7
Titans 9-7
Jags 6-10 and a gift

Chargers 11-5 Easy schedule
Raiders 6-10
Chiefs 6-10 not as bad as you might think
Broncos 5-11 very bad, getting worse

Giants 11-5 I like what I see despite flaws
Cowboys 10-6 I do not believe in Romo or coaches (Wade blows up)
Redskins 8-8 maybe
Eagles 8-8 It is hard to count them out, but too many changes this year.

Packers 11-5 I thought it is an easy schedule
Vikings 10-6 only because of a weak schedule
Bears 7-9 Never liked Jay
Lions 6-10 Very improved team

Saints 12-4
Falcons 9-7
Panthers 6-10 no offense
Buccs 3-13 terrible team

49ers 8-8
Cardinals 6-10 major steps backwards on multiple pos
Seahawks 6-10 they made a lot of nice moves to step forward this year
Rams 5-11 I have some faith

Division winners
Jets
Ravens
Colts
Chargers

Giants
Packers
Saints
49ers

Wild cards
Pats
Steelers

Cowboys
Vikings

Championship games
Giants - Saints (home)

Colts - Ravens (home)

Superbowl
Giants - Ravens

Winner
Giants (revenge)
Old 09-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
DUDE! Do you realize your predition is at a negative 14? That means your preditions can't come true. You have 14 more loses in your preditions than wins. You need to add 7 more wins to some teams and takeaway 7 loses. I did not look at other predictions from here, but Peter King of SI was at a plus 4.
I didn't look at that I wasn't keeping track at that and most of these aren't probably coming true anyways its mostly how good or bad I think every team is.

I noticed your predictions in terms of where you thing everyone finishes is pretty similar to mine excpet you have New England, Pittsburgh, and Dallas finish better and making the playoffs replacing Houston, Cinicnnati and Washington and we are way different on the super bowl though

I've never claimed to have every be good or will be every good at accounting

I try not going by what every other expert thinks if that was the case (although I say that and I have Baltimore and Green Bay playing in the super bowl which is what the majority of experts seem to have) I'd have Dallas winning close to 12 games and possibly winning the superbowl

If the Redskins do better then I think and Dallas does way worse I'm even more thrilled really.

Last edited by horrorfreak13; 09-11-2010 at 09:41 AM..
Old 09-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
Predictions

AFC EAST

Miami Dolphins (9-7) Brendan Marshall will help the offense if he dosen't pull the same stuff he did with Denver

New England Patriots (9-7) Defense isn't the same as it used to be

Buffalo Bills (4-12) You want hope Bills fans there's....... umm...... I can't think of anything

AFC NORTH
Baltimore Ravens (12-4) Not too many chances left for Ray Lewis and this Defense which is showing signs of aging especially the secondary

Cincinnati Bengals (10-6) If the defense keeps it up like last year they should return to the playoffs

Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8) No Big Ben for the first 4 weeks will hurt

Cleveland Browns (5-11) Jake Delhomme is an improvment over Derek Anderson and that's the sad part but barely

AFC SOUTH
Indianapolis Colts (13-3) The Super Bowl loss still stings

Houston Texans (9-7) Can Schaub stay healthy for 2 straight years

Tennessee Titans (7-9) Defense is a problem and so is playing the NFC East

Jacksonville Jaguars (4-12) David Garrard decent QB but no big playmaking WR and has yet to repeat the decent year he had a few years back.

AFC WEST
San Diego Chargers (13-3) Great regular season team but can they do it when it really matters in the playoffs for once

Oakland Raiders (6-10) I can't believe I actually think this team can win 6 games

Denver Broncos (5-11) Which team do we get (a)the team that won its first 6 games or (b)the team that lost 8 of the last 10 games? I pick b

Kansas City Chiefs (4-12) The building blocks are still there unfortunatley in 5 years this team will probably still be terrible

AFC DIVISION WINNERS
Indianapolis
San Diego
Baltimore
NY Jets

WILD CARDS
Cincinnati
Houston

NFC EAST
New York Giants (10-6) Defense must return to form

Washington Redskins (9-7) McNabb hasn't played a full season in 5 years but and upgrade over Campbell and is the teams first really good QB since the 3 or 4 great years Mark Rypien had and before him Joe Theismann

Dallas Cowboys (9-7) Hey the Super Bowl is in Dallas lets all go and predict Dallas to make it there. COME ON REALLY???? For a team that finally won a playoff game for the first time in 13 years and was embarrassed in their loss to Minnesota last year

Philadelphia Eagles (6-10) Kevin Kolb has played 2 fucking games and is already hyped as one of the top 10 QBs in the NFL are you fucking kidding me. He's gone from underrated to overrrated in 3 weeks

NFC NORTH
Green Bay Packers (13-3) Don't usually take much stock in the pre-season but damn does Aaron Rodgers look good

Minnesota Vikings (10-6) The loss of Sidney Rice for half the season hurts

Chicago Bears (7-9) If Jay "turnover" Cutler can ever cut down throwing INTs they could challenge for a playoff spot but doubt it

Detroit Lions (5-11) There may finally be hope for the first time in a long time but it might be another year or 2 to really see the results

NFC SOUTH
New Orleans Saints (12-4) Take a look at everyone that has graced the cover of Madden the past several years every offensive star their numbers have decreased the following year. Larry Fitzgerald, Shawn Alexander, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, and of course there's Michael Vick

Atlanta Falcons (9-7) They could surprise and take the division if Matt Ryan rebounds from last year

Carolina Panthers (7-9) Their QB is Matt Moore well its better than whatever Jake Delhomme did last year

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-13) Had no hope last year and still have no hope this year

NFC WEST

San Francisco 49ers (8-8) Win this by default and there could be 2 teams that have a better record than them and miss the playoffs

Arizona Cardinals (6-10) Kurt Warner retiring has taken them right out the playoffs because Derek Anderson suuuuuuucccccckkkks!!!! Ask Browns fans

Seattle Seahawks (4-12) Can Matt Hasselbeck survive a full season I don't think so

St.Louis Rams (2-14) I feel like I predict this every year with this team just saying.....

NFC DIVISION WINNERS
Green Bay
New Orleans
NY Giants
San Francisco

WILD CARDS
Atlanta
Washington

AFC Championship
Baltimore over Indianapolis

NFC Championship
Green Bay over New Orleans

Super Bowl
Baltimore over Green Bay

MVP: Aaron Rodgers
OPOY: Aaron Rodgers
DPOY: Demarcus Ware
OROY Ryan Mathews
DROY Ndamuksog Suh
I hope you like crow, cause you're going to be eating a shitload of it.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
My predictions and because I remember my accounting 101 (wins and loses must equal out) I actually have a shot at being correct.

Broncos 5-11 very bad, getting worse
wrong...so very wrong, getting wronger.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:46 PM
The Patriots-Bengals game was fun. The offensive was just as I thought for the Pats. I don't if it the Bengals offensive sucks or the Patriots look better than we thought they were. Bengals offensive got better in the second half but not enough to catch up with the Pats.

Great start to the season for my Pats.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Quote:
The Patriots-Bengals game was fun. The offensive was just as I thought for the Pats. I don't if it the Bengals offensive sucks or the Patriots look better than we thought they were. Bengals offensive got better in the second half but not enough to catch up with the Pats.

Great start to the season for my Pats.
Pats looked really REALLY good. They are still the class of the AFC East until proven otherwise.

Dolphins' defense looked solid, but the offensive playcalling was pure shit. Having Brandon Marshall running 5 yard routes?!?! Just glad they came out with a win on the road.

Detroit got royally screwed. That call was BS.

I really underestimated the Seahawks. They look like the class of that division(which isnt saying much but I thought the 49ers would put up more of a fight)

I hope I pick better next week lol.

Ravens vs Jets should be great. Really hope the Ravens can win it.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Just watching the Washington / Dallas game right now. It seems like McNabb & Moss are going to play pretty well together. Both teams look pretty good in my opinon, I hate the Cowboys though so GO SKINS!

As a Packer fan, I was highly disappointed with Green Bay's performance today. The GB offense was terrible and only had a few decent plays, and that is against a Philadelphia defense that is highly overrated. I think it is safe to say that Philadelphia will be a .500 team at best.

Impressed:
Houston's running game
Seattle in general
Tennessee offense

Disappointed:
DET / CHI missed call
Indianapolis in general
Green Bay in general
Atlanta
Old 09-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Dolphins 7-9 Only because they have an easy schedule

Jets twice
NE twice

Minnesota
Green Bay
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Tennessee
Cincinnati

Ouch.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:07 PM
HOW BOUT THEM TEXANS?! 1-0!! Arian Foster is my new hero lol. COULD THIS BE OUR YEAR?! YEEEAAAA!!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:11 PM
I wanted to chime in with my thoughts about this week's game

-That Detroit call was bullshit. That was a touchdown.
-I expected more out of Atlanta
-Brandon Marshall needs to do more after the catch
-Chris Johnson has solidified his rank as the number 1 running back in the league
-Ochocinco and T.O will not have a very good chemistry together
Old 09-12-2010, 10:33 PM

*gives up*

Even when the Lions win....they still lose. I don't think I have ever been more upset over a sports call, or game for that matter.

And oh yeah, Stafford is hurt. Jesusfuckin'christ!
Old 09-12-2010, 11:45 PM
GAH ALEX BARRON YOU BASTARD