Old 11-08-2010, 05:26 AM
The Pats had tough time stopping the running game for the Browns. The whole game was a nightmare for the team, from the punt fumble to the Arron Hernandez fumble to Brady throwing off, not a day I expected for the Pats .
Old 11-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Thoughts on this week

I'll address Dallas in a different post since that deserves its own long paragraph

1. Lions thats a game they should have had up by 10 on the Jets to lose like that is kind of disheartening. This team kind of reminds me of my team last year talent seems to be there but just can't seem to win the close games.

The Lions are in every game they have lost except for the loss to Minnesota this team isn't as pathetic as in previous years so its something to build on.

2. The Raiders very impressive win the AFC West isn a cakewalk anymore both the Raiders and Kansas City are both legit although I'm not sold on the Chiefs passing game.

3. Cleveland may have finally found a QB in Colt McCoy this season might be lost but beating New England and New Orleans definatley has my attention

4. I wonder how much longer the Colts can survive with the injuries to their offense.

5. The Giants are the best team in the NFC with Atlanta and Green Bay next up after that.

6. Houston isn't going anywhere with that defense

7. On the Jets and Pats I think they are both flawed. Jets got lucky this week and against Denver 2 weeks ago and lost to Green Bay last week and New England is flawed defensively and offensively lack the playmakers to compete.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Now for the most overhyped overrated team in the NFL Dallas

Wade Phillips fired and after being embarrassed and humiliated again and this isn't all on Wade Phillips that team defensively is terrible Michael Jenkins the cornerback who gave up on a tackle that turned up to be a Green Bay TD this team quit on him after Romo got injured

This team which I thought was average is way worse than any of us could have ever imagined.

And as a Redskins fan I love it and wish for this season for Dallas to continue
Old 11-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Just saw on PTI about Wade Phillips being fired. Finally, Jerry makes this decision after all the 8 games Dallas has been playing.

But I'm with you horrorfreak13, I can't stand the boys mostly because of Jones, Romo, and the hype they get from ESPN
Old 11-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
Now for the most overhyped overrated team in the NFL Dallas

Wade Phillips fired and after being embarrassed and humiliated again and this isn't all on Wade Phillips that team defensively is terrible Michael Jenkins the cornerback who gave up on a tackle that turned up to be a Green Bay TD this team quit on him after Romo got injured

This team which I thought was average is way worse than any of us could have ever imagined.

And as a Redskins fan I love it and wish for this season for Dallas to continue
It's such a disaster, isn't it? I expected a letdown this season but no one expected THIS. Wow.

Oh well. We'll nab a Top 5 pick and be even better than last year with a new coaching regime.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
It's such a disaster, isn't it? I expected a letdown this season but no one expected THIS. Wow.

Oh well. We'll nab a Top 5 pick and be even better than last year with a new coaching regime.
Top 5 picks don't guarantee that and until half that team gets changed and the team changes its philosiphy of passing the ball about 70% of the time I don't see anything with this team changing. This team almost needs a complete overhaul and upgrade especially the defense and the O-Line.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Top 5 picks don't guarantee that and until half that team gets changed and the team changes its philosiphy of passing the ball about 70% of the time I don't see anything with this team changing. This team almost needs a complete overhaul and upgrade especially the defense and the O-Line.
We're certainly more than one player away, I agree with you there. But this is largely the same team from last year that won a playoff game after forcing two consecutive shutouts to end the season.

It's not as if everyone on the team lost their ability to play football, ala Space Jam. We in Dallas land believe it's mostly coaching and motivation/effort.

At least we HOPE so.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
We're certainly more than one player away, I agree with you there. But this is largely the same team from last year that won a playoff game after forcing two consecutive shutouts to end the season.

It's not as if everyone on the team lost their ability to play football, ala Space Jam. We in Dallas land believe it's mostly coaching and motivation/effort.

At least we HOPE so.
This was mostly the same team that got destroyed 34-3 to minnesota last year in the playoffs.

The team's problem beginning of the year was coaching/players because I never believed this team was as good as what the media tells it to be.

Motivation and effort is the problem in the last 2 games in a half since Romo got injured
Old 11-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Looks like Henne is getting benched and Chad Pennington will be the starter. Man, the Fins are desperate at this point but I think its the right move. Brandon Marshall looks like he wants to punch Henne in the face out there haha.

Lets do this Pennington!!!!

Old 11-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Being a Giants fan, I really miss Wade Phillips already
Old 11-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgizzy316 View Post
Being a Giants fan, I really miss Wade Phillips already
Best football quote of the year.

So I guess it is now legal for the receiver to push off and push down the DB now? How the refs did not call a penalty against White on that bullshit touchdown, I will never know. Because the Ravens routinely let the best receivers all alone at the end of tight games like that all the time?????? Should have been a win for the Ravens. Should have been a flag! Should have been 1 st and 20 at the 42 with like 21 secs left. A terrible job by the refs.

And the fuck nut NFL Network people barely talked about it. Joe Theisman is an asshole. Always was, always will be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBVuTeNfsX4
Old 11-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Because it could've gone either way. The defender initiated contacted more than five yards past the line of scrimmage trying to jam Roddy White. White pushed passed him and the guy fell as a result of it. Even Roddy White said he did push the guy AFTER the guy initiated contact.

I should add that I am a Falcons fan and while I didn't see the "push" when the play played out (due to camera angles). On the first replay, I was surprised that it wasn't called, but on further replays, I did think that the defender initiated the contact.

Last edited by bigred760; 11-12-2010 at 05:15 PM..
Old 11-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
Because it could've gone either way. The defender initiated contacted more than five yards past the line of scrimmage trying to jam Roddy White. White pushed passed him and the guy fell as a result of it. Even Roddy White said he did push the guy AFTER the guy initiated contact.

I should add that I am a Falcons fan and while I didn't see the "push" when the play played out (due to camera angles). On the first replay, I was surprised that it wasn't called, but on further replays, I did think that the defender initiated the contact.
Many people say, even though I don't see it, that White grabbed the facemask. I have no interest either way for either team. It does not matter who initiated what first. Think of it this way O line men are hit first and they they hold and get called for it. More and more WRs are getting flagged for stuff like Roddy did. There is no way you let a play go like that at the end of the game. You knock someone down, you are going to get flagged. Teh refs usually figure that there is a reason a guy is left basically all alone. Either a foul or he fell down. But how can they miss the swipe White made at the guy. Just a bad call. Not even a review. Sad

Watch the last 1 min or so of the youtube video and blow it up.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I have no interest either way for either team. It does not matter who initiated what first.
Are you kidding? Isn't that all that matters?

If what White did was a penalty, so is what the DB did. Are WRs often called for that? Of course. But penalties get missed on every play in the NFL.

Also, let's cut the bullshit that this cost the Ravens the game. What cost them the game was letting the Falcons march down the field like it was a light scrimmage. 1st and 20 on the 42 with 21 seconds left? What about what the Ravens were doing makes you think they would have prevented a score there? The Ravens are not a Super Bowl level defense. They haven't been all year and they aren't now.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceD View Post
Are you kidding? Isn't that all that matters?

If what White did was a penalty, so is what the DB did. Are WRs often called for that? Of course. But penalties get missed on every play in the NFL.

Also, let's cut the bullshit that this cost the Ravens the game. What cost them the game was letting the Falcons march down the field like it was a light scrimmage. 1st and 20 on the 42 with 21 seconds left? What about what the Ravens were doing makes you think they would have prevented a score there? The Ravens are not a Super Bowl level defense. They haven't been all year and they aren't now.
Are you kidding? You should know the difference between what get flagged and what does not. The refs do not call the game exactly according to the rules. It is like traveling int he NBA. In the NFL, they make certain call pretty consistant and no ref is going to throw a flag on the defender on a play like that, but they almost call knockdowns on either side of the ball in the secondary unless they deem it as a tangle.

The Ravens d was terrible on that last drive, but that does not mean you can assume anything. You can't assume they would have allowed the score. Who cares if the Raven D is Super Bowl level or not? Why does that matter? Sounds to me like you have some sort of interest in this game and being biased.

The bottom line is the Falcons won the game on a play that should have been called back. It happens. There have been several plays this year that cost teams games. The league should do something about it. They need to use more common sense.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't have any rooting interest in the game, I made the Super Bowl comment because pundits continue to inexplicably say that this Ravens D is really good, and it isn't.

I agree that bad calls cost teams games, and the Ravens benefited from that in the Bills game.

I am totally aware of how NFL games are called. To me, what the defender did wasn't any more flagrant than what White did; to my eyes the defender fell because of bad footwork more than the push.

Regardless, I'm glad we can all agree that NFL officiating is exceptionally awful. It's like their not even trying to be good.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:23 AM
The play shouldn't have been called back because it wasn't a penalty. It does matter who initiates contact. If the defender jams the receiver after the 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage, that's holding/illegal contact on the defender. The defender did this but did a horrible job of doing it, got knocked down by White after doing a horrible job of doing it, and White was wide open for the score.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm watching ESPN NFL countdown and for fuck sakes almost an hour in and hthis is what I've seen so far

How will Dallas respond to Jason Garret and the type of coach Dallas will hire which has been half of the fucking show so far.

Oh and the Minnesota Vikings nonsense.

Seriously!! Is there 4 teams in the league or 32? Like really
Old 11-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
I'm watching ESPN NFL countdown and for fuck sakes almost an hour in and hthis is what I've seen so far

How will Dallas respond to Jason Garret and the type of coach Dallas will hire which has been half of the fucking show so far.

Oh and the Minnesota Vikings nonsense.

Seriously!! Is there 4 teams in the league or 32? Like really
I have pointed out time and time again that this is what ESPN is about.

NFL: Jets, Vikings/Farve, and Cowboys

MLB: Red Sox and Yankees

NBA: Lebron/Heat and Kobe/Lakers

NCAA football: SEC

NCAA basketball: ACC

NHL: Most of the people on the network hate hockey, so no bias here
Old 11-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@$$ View Post
I have pointed out time and time again that this is what ESPN is about.

NFL: Jets, Vikings/Farve, and Cowboys

MLB: Red Sox and Yankees

NBA: Lebron/Heat and Kobe/Lakers

NCAA football: SEC

NCAA basketball: ACC

NHL: Most of the people on the network hate hockey, so no bias here
I agree that there's a lot of bias, but at least the non-NFL bias makes sense because those teams and conferences deserve attention because they are the best or close to it.

With the NFL, it's insane. How many playoff games have the Cowboys won in the last 10 years? One. Which is one more than the Bills have.

Favre (and Peyton, for that matter) are treated like living legends even though their only Super Bowl wins came in unmemorable performances against much worse teams with much worse quarterbacks. It's inane.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Un-fucking-believable. The first two Denver TD's are good because Brandon Carr couldn't protect the pass or complete a tackle if his life depended on it. He is completely worthless. And here goes the AFC West lead because the Chiefs are falling apart. I wondered how long this would take. I just didn't realize it would be midseason.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Edit: turning off the TV. 35-0 Denver. Embarassing.

Last edited by jeo4; 11-14-2010 at 04:21 PM..
Old 11-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Peyton Hillis is a beast. My pool would be sunk without him. Go forth, juggernaut.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:08 PM
I went to the Texans/Jaguars game today. *sigh* I hate you Mike Thomas.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
I agree that there's a lot of bias, but at least the non-NFL bias makes sense because those teams and conferences deserve attention because they are the best or close to it.

With the NFL, it's insane. How many playoff games have the Cowboys won in the last 10 years? One. Which is one more than the Bills have.

Favre (and Peyton, for that matter) are treated like living legends even though their only Super Bowl wins came in unmemorable performances against much worse teams with much worse quarterbacks. It's inane.
When will you people learn its got nothing to do with how successful teams like the Cowboys are. The Cowboys are the biggest football market in the country - THATS why they get the coverage. It's not rocket surgery.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:
When will you people learn its got nothing to do with how successful teams like the Cowboys are. The Cowboys are the biggest football market in the country - THATS why they get the coverage. It's not rocket surgery.
I don't think anyone ever said that they don't understand why the Boys get all the coverage, it's just that it's very unfortunate, and, yes, insane.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeo4 View Post
Edit: turning off the TV. 35-0 Denver. Embarassing.
awwwwww...do you need a cup to catch your tears?
Old 11-14-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
I don't think anyone ever said that they don't understand why the Boys get all the coverage, it's just that it's very unfortunate, and, yes, insane.
Pretty sure that was their whole point.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
awwwwww...do you need a cup to catch your tears?
I thought you'd become a monk by now.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:39 PM
That's the reason I don't watch NFL Countdown on Sundays. Most of their coverage follows teams I don't care about or teams that freakin' suck . . . like the Cowboys and Vikings . . . but that doesn't stop them from talking about "how they'll turn it around." I just watch whatever else is on til the games start.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Quote:
I can somewhat understand that but you know one day earlier in the week when I read on ESPN's list of top headlines from last thursday and this is one of them http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...e=NFLHeadlines where Wade Phillips's son comments on how the firing affects his son who is the quality control/offensive assistant(I'm not making that up) I'm sorry that's not fucking news at all

Now that we have gone through what type of coach Dallas will possibly hire and whatever and now that the Minnesota Vikings are done and toast we can focus on other teams that deserve the attention.

One of them I think should be Tampa Bay I know they have played some shitty competitiion this year but a team that won 3 games last year I think them and Kansas City/Oakland are the the biggest surprises so far this season.

Well that was until Kansas City laid an egg and lost 49-29 to Denver today.

Oakland is leading the AFC West and even though Cleveland lost they gave the Jets a good test today and McCoy looks like Cleveland has finally found a QB congrats to you it only took 10+ years which is about the same amount of time its taken my Redskins to find one one 11 years and counting I guess the way this year is going.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeo4 View Post
I thought you'd become a monk by now.

My monestary has wi-fi...
Ive convinced the Dalai that Tebow is not only Jesus,
but also Chakrasamvara.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
My monestary has wi-fi...
Ive convinced the Dalai that Tebow is not only Jesus,
but also Chakrasamvara.

You may be right. If only the Chiefs thought about that kind of depth...oh well.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
I can somewhat understand that but you know one day earlier in the week when I read on ESPN's list of top headlines from last thursday and this is one of them http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...e=NFLHeadlines where Wade Phillips's son comments on how the firing affects his son who is the quality control/offensive assistant(I'm not making that up) I'm sorry that's not fucking news at all

Now that we have gone through what type of coach Dallas will possibly hire and whatever and now that the Minnesota Vikings are done and toast we can focus on other teams that deserve the attention.

One of them I think should be Tampa Bay I know they have played some shitty competitiion this year but a team that won 3 games last year I think them and Kansas City/Oakland are the the biggest surprises so far this season.

Well that was until Kansas City laid an egg and lost 49-29 to Denver today.

Oakland is leading the AFC West and even though Cleveland lost they gave the Jets a good test today and McCoy looks like Cleveland has finally found a QB congrats to you it only took 10+ years which is about the same amount of time its taken my Redskins to find one one 11 years and counting I guess the way this year is going.
Yeah, I'm not sure you understand what TV is really about.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
-snip
And I hope you enjoy McNabb for the next 5 years. Good grief, and people say Jerry Jones is crazy.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Quote:
And I hope you enjoy McNabb for the next 5 years. Good grief, and people say Jerry Jones is crazy.
I just got home from work to see Phily just score a TD to go up 59-21

This game isn't all McNabb's fault though.

This is the most embarrasing thing I've seen since the 52-17(or whatever it was) to the 16-0 Patriots from 3 years ago.

The difference is that was the Patroits and this is the fucking Eagles.

Michael Vick is just ridiculous and having the game of his career.

As for the contract extension thast caught me off guard but I don't see any other better options out there unless somehow the Titans cut bait with Vince Young but I don't see that happening.

The 2 changes I see happening next year and upgrading the O-Line which is getting destroyed the past 3-4 weeks which is one of our big problems and hasn't been the same since Samuels and Jon Jansen retired and 2nd is a RB since this Portis isn't coming back next year and I like Torain/Williams but they are both not the long term answer.

It just shocks me to see how this team was in the game and lost to Detroit to getting humiliated by Phily after a bye week but this is clearly the Michael Vick show and this performance puts him as maybe the leading MVP candidate especially after a gem like this.

And BTW I watch ESPN, FOX, and CBS's pregame shows every Sunday I watch ESPN's for the first hour and flip back and forth through the other 3 for the other hour ESPN spends way more time on Dallas then the other 2
stations do FOX spends some time on them but not as much as CBS might be part that they do the NFC games and CBS does the AFC games but I do watch all 3 of them.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:23 AM
Methinks the Redskins traded for the wrong quarterback.

Vick was simply awesome in this game. He's solidified himself now as not only a running threat, but a throwing threat as well. He's also solidified himself as an MVP candidate.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:35 PM
I know the Redskins' defense sucks but holy shit, Vick made them look like they had cement in their shoes. He was so fast and elusive. Also, he seems to have obtained pinpoint accurrency. Man, when the Eagles are clicking on all cylinders they are gonna be damn near impossible to stop.

Well, my Fins are pretty much screwed. Poor Chad Pennington gets injured on his first snap lol and is done for the season. That guy needs to call it quits cause his shoulder is made of glass. Also, Henne is out for awhile. Which leaves them with a guy named Tyler Thigpen who is pretty mobile but he;'ll have a short week to prepare for da Bears.

The matchup I cant wait to see next week is the Colts vs Patriots. They have had some classic games in the past and it should be a good one.

And last but not least, the NFC West is fuckin pathetic. The fact that a team from that division will go to the playoffs sucks but rules is rules.

Also, i thought the way things were looking a couple of weeks ago, the KC Chiefs looked like they were gonna run away with the AFC West title. No so fast my friend.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:54 PM
eagles are the best and most entertaining team in the league right now

frank gore the inconvenient truth running through folk, yay for

go 9ers, i hope "hit em in the mouth" singletary stays, change of qb was wise
Old 11-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
And last but not least, the NFC West is fuckin pathetic. The fact that a team from that division will go to the playoffs sucks but rules is rules.
The fact that one of these teams is getting in ahead of 2 of the Giants, Saints, Buccaneers and Packers is really sad and pathetic

Oh and the McNabb deal looks bad but there's an escape clause at the end of this deal and most of the bonus money is the year after it so its not a bad as it seems since they are non-guaranteed contracts.