Old 11-21-2010, 11:44 AM
The positive to having major dental surgery this weekend I get a Sunday off to watch NFL football which I'm enjoying really excited for the Colts-Pats and some of the other matchups looks great too.

I just wish I could eat nachos with cheese or something oh well.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:20 PM
2nd week in a row the Houston Texans blow the lead really late in the 4th quarter. I'm putting all the blame on Gary Kubiak and Frank Bush(DC). Bob McNair needs to fire them immediately. We kissed our playoff hopes out the window with the loss last week to Jacksonville. We've gone from 1st in the division to dead last and now probably the laughing stock of the NFL. Our Pass Defense is dead last in the NFL. We've given up over 24 points in EVERY game this season. I'm pretty sure the Bills and Lions will win more games than the Texans will. Can't win games with all offense.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:16 PM
So we finally get Leslie Frazier as our head coach, too bad this is how it had to happen. I really think this guy could be a great head coach, but handling the sunken Viking ship this season isn't going to boast well for his resume.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith fan View Post
So we finally get Leslie Frazier as our head coach, too bad this is how it had to happen. I really think this guy could be a great head coach, but handling the sunken Viking ship this season isn't going to boast well for his resume.
there was talk that he was going to become a head coach somewhere next season and Minnesota didn't want to lose him to someone so it was bound to happen.

This move should have happenned 4 weeks ago though.

Other thoughts from this week

1. Vince Young is done in Tennessee I think but he'll get another opportunity somewhere.

2. I really don't know about my team they don't give up despite the injuries and keep their season alive and Gano misses 2 long fields and hits one in OT McNabb looked good in this game.

3. Jets you're lucky that's all you're 8-2 but barely beat 3 teams that have 9 combined wins. Lucky yes but I think Baltimore and New England are still better than you.

4. Texans really need to improve the pass D its really bad especially when you allow a TD to a team without a timeout with 51 secs left

5. Colts-Pats classic it looked like it was going to be another comeback by Peyton but it wasn't to be so worth me being off to watch that game.

6. Atlanta, Phily, or Green Bay who is better. I say Green Bay they are getting healthy and look at their last 3 games 10 points allowed in last 3 games very impressive

7. NFC West division has a combined point differential of -229. Yeah and one of these crappy teams is going to get a playoff spot over 2 teams at least that are better than them.

8. And on tonights game the Chargers look dangerous and could be back to their old selves scoring 35 points without thier rookie RB and Antonio Gates.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
there was talk that he was going to become a head coach somewhere next season and Minnesota didn't want to lose him to someone so it was bound to happen.

This move should have happenned 4 weeks ago though.

Other thoughts from this week

1. Vince Young is done in Tennessee I think but he'll get another opportunity somewhere.
The Titans Owner says he's sticking with him for the long term.

Quote:
6. Atlanta, Phily, or Green Bay who is better. I say Green Bay they are getting healthy and look at their last 3 games 10 points allowed in last 3 games very impressive
It'd be more impressive if two of the teams weren't Dallas and Minnesota; I'll give you the Jets though. I'm a Falcons fan and this upcoming game has me nervous, even though it's at home - we're a little banged up on defense, and Aaron Rodgers is the most underrated QB in the league.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred760 View Post
It'd be more impressive if two of the teams weren't Dallas and Minnesota; I'll give you the Jets though. I'm a Falcons fan and this upcoming game has me nervous, even though it's at home - we're a little banged up on defense, and Aaron Rodgers is the most underrated QB in the league.
I really like Atlanta this year they are the least talked about teams in the NFC considering their record beating Baltimore a couple weeks ago despite the questionable call at the end(never saw the game so can't judge it) and I really like how Matt Ryan is progressing a QB this year.

I think now after 11 weeks Green Bay, Atlanta, and Phily are the clear top 3 in the NFC.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Aaron Rodgers is the most underrated QB in the league.
I'm giving that to Matt Ryan. Before the season Rodgers was considered a top 5 QB.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
The Titans Owner says he's sticking with him for the long term.

Rodgers is the most OVERrated.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjohnson View Post
Rodgers is the most OVERrated.
No . . . that would be Brett Favre. Aaron Rodgers has led the Packers to a 7-3 record, has thrown 19 TDs this year, and has the 8th best QB rating in the league. And . . . like Matt Ryan, nobody's talking about him. Last year, the guy practically got sacked every other snap. But he's still one of the best QBs in the league.

And yet all everybody can talk about is how much the Vikings and Cowboys suck.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:26 AM
I'd definitely have to agree that Matt Ryan is probably the most underrated. I never see Falcon games and I never hear or read anything about Matt Ryan, but than when I look at his stats it's like "holy shit, really? Why have I never heard more about this dude?" So I'm definitely interested for the game this Sunday. I'll admit it has me nervous too, but I think it's gonna be an awesome game regardless. This game could potentially play a big part in deciding home-field advantage in the playoffs, or possibly even a playoff preview.

And adam, why do you say that Rodgers is overrated? Is it just because he's never won a playoff game before? If that's the case than allow me to share some thoughts. This is only his third year as a starter, he very NEARLY won a playoff game, and there's a lot more to a quarterback's rating than his post season success. But I am generally curious as to why you think he's overrated.

Oh yeah, and here's an a interesting Rodgers stat I saw today:

Rodgers has the same W-L record (23-18) as favre through 1st 41 starts with more TDs (73 for rodgers 57 for Brett) and and fewer interceptions (29 for Rodgers 45 for Favre)

Last edited by smok3h; 11-24-2010 at 01:30 AM..
Old 11-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Quote:
No . . . that would be Brett Favre. Aaron Rodgers has led the Packers to a 7-3 record, has thrown 19 TDs this year, and has the 8th best QB rating in the league. And . . . like Matt Ryan, nobody's talking about him. Last year, the guy practically got sacked every other snap. But he's still one of the best QBs in the league.

Agree with Matt Ryan and Rodgers was an MVP canditate when before the season started and putting up good numbers altthough most of the attention on the Packers lately has been their D and looking at what they have given up the last 3 games its deserved.

and the winner of that Green Bay-Atlanta game may decide home field but don't overlook Chicago if they beat Philadelphia this week I know they don't get a lot of talk either and Cutler's TOs and shitting O-Line is a good reason for it but it gets warranted if Chicago wins as well.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:

Annnnnd no playoff wins.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Annnnnd no playoff wins.
It's a little early to knock the guy for no playoff wins, especially considering he just took his team to the playoffs for the first time last year (his second year). Not to mention the Packers did get robbed in overtime last year with the no call on the facemask on Rodgers.

Hell Adam, Romo didn't even get his first playoff win until last year.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fred Krueger View Post
It's a little early to knock the guy for no playoff wins, especially considering he just took his team to the playoffs for the first time last year (his second year). Not to mention the Packers did get robbed in overtime last year with the no call on the facemask on Rodgers.

Hell Adam, Romo didn't even get his first playoff win until last year.
1 is more than 0. And people dont claim Romo is the best QB every offseason.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
I don't remember anyone saying Rodgers was the best QB in the league during the offseason, only that he would be an MVP candidate.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by labialover View Post
I don't remember anyone saying Rodgers was the best QB in the league during the offseason, only that he would be an MVP candidate.
You must not have a tv or radio.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
1 is indeed more than 0. But how many tries did it take? I'm not trying to argue (I actually don't hate the Cowboys as much as I used to--they're actually quite fun to watch), just trying to put things into perspective.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorfreak13 View Post
Agree with Matt Ryan and Rodgers was an MVP canditate when before the season started and putting up good numbers altthough most of the attention on the Packers lately has been their D and looking at what they have given up the last 3 games its deserved.

and the winner of that Green Bay-Atlanta game may decide home field but don't overlook Chicago if they beat Philadelphia this week I know they don't get a lot of talk either and Cutler's TOs and shitting O-Line is a good reason for it but it gets warranted if Chicago wins as well.
Right now Vick is the MVP. I don't like it, but that is what EVERYONE is saying and they do the voting.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fred Krueger View Post
1 is indeed more than 0. But how many tries did it take? I'm not trying to argue (I actually don't hate the Cowboys as much as I used to--they're actually quite fun to watch), just trying to put things into perspective.
Romo is 1-3 in the playoffs.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:26 PM
So Adam, since you never answered me before, I'll ask again, why is it that you think Rodgers is overrated? It seems to me like it's just because he's never won a playoff game. If you look at the way he played in that game, and if you know football you'd have to agree that he played fantastic. It's not his fault the defense gave up 45+ points to take the game into overtime. Really, what else is he supposed to do? Not only did he bring his team back from an early 14 point deficit, he gave his team the lead on numerous occasions throughout the game.

Seriously man, I would really like to know why you think he is overrated.

and nobody, EVER, has said he is the best QB in the league.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Right now Vick is the MVP. I don't like it, but that is what EVERYONE is saying and they do the voting.
Some people are saying that but some people are questioning if he should be a MVP playing only 11 games.

To be fair Brady, Manning and Rivers are also getting MVP talk as well.

For me if the Chargers go on a run and end up with 9 or 10 wins and win the AFC West which is possible and Rivers continues to put up the numbers he's putting up he would get my vote.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
When Romo came in the league he was getting media coverage like he was one of the best QBs in the league and somewhat still is.

Romo has had chances and is 1-3 in the playoffs including blowing it at the end to Seattle in the first year, losing at home to a wild card Giants team and getting destroyed last year to Minnesota.

To be fair to Rodgers he's had only 1 playoff start and the loss to Arizona last year was complete total BS.

Now if his playoff record is the same as Romo's in 2 or 3 years then that can be warranted.

Rodgers seems to be getting better every year despite getting hit a lot the last 2 years and playing behind a really crappy O-Line.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:10 AM
While I was watching the Chargers/Broncos game on Monday night, they were talking about Rivers numbers and if he continues his numbers, he'll break Marino's record of most passing yards in a season. That would be highly impressive if he does that given his receiving corps is shot to shit this year. And the talk of Aaron Rodgers being over/under rated. I dont think hes neither. I do think he is a top-10 QB in the league and he has proven himself in tough games over the course of 3-4 years. Matt Ryan is highly underrated though. I get a chance to see him play almost every sunday on Fox(for some reason Fox airs Atlanta games in my area than Tampa) and from what I have seen, hes really really talented. He rarely makes a bad throw, knows where the pressure is coming from and quickly dumps the ball off instead of getting sacked. He's just highly aware of his surroundings and last week, he led his team to a comeback win. Matt's got all the tools to be an amazing QB in this league. Guess it helps he has a top 10-Rb and top-10 WR too lol.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiZaraki View Post
Matt Ryan is highly underrated though. I get a chance to see him play almost every sunday on Fox(for some reason Fox airs Atlanta games in my area than Tampa) and from what I have seen, hes really really talented. He rarely makes a bad throw, knows where the pressure is coming from and quickly dumps the ball off instead of getting sacked. He's just highly aware of his surroundings and last week, he led his team to a comeback win. Matt's got all the tools to be an amazing QB in this league. Guess it helps he has a top 10-Rb and top-10 WR too lol.
I saw this today Atlanta at home under Matt Ryan is 19-1. Unreal and a win puts them on track for home field.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Matt Ryan is a top 5 QB as of right now in the NFL. The Falcons are the best team in the NFC as well. With all this, yet you hear more about Farve or Cowboys than Ryan/Falcons.

And Calvin Johnson is amazing WR. If he had better team and QB, that guy would be even more of a beast. Besides Andre Johnson and Roddy White, you can't find a better WR than Johnson.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@$$ View Post
Matt Ryan is a top 5 QB as of right now in the NFL. The Falcons are the best team in the NFC as well. With all this, yet you hear more about Farve or Cowboys than Ryan/Falcons.

And Calvin Johnson is amazing WR. If he had better team and QB, that guy would be even more of a beast. Besides Andre Johnson and Roddy White, you can't find a better WR than Johnson.
Because networks like ESPN and the NFL network THINK people want to hear about the Vikings shenanagins or how horrible the Cowboys like we honestly care about them. It's a shame. I think even if we have a Falcons/Packers NFC Championship game, all you would hear from anybody is "Can Aaron Rodgers break the shadow of Brett Favre" or some ridiculous outlandish question like that.

I do agree with your Calvin Johnson assessment. I would have him in the top-5 of WR. Guy is just insane with his hands,quickness,leaping ability, physicality..I'm surprised he hasn't requested a trade or something by now.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
I do agree with your Calvin Johnson assessment. I would have him in the top-5 of WR. Guy is just insane with his hands,quickness,leaping ability, physicality..I'm surprised he hasn't requested a trade or something by now.
He's possibly the most physically gifted WR in league history. But he's also extremely laid back. He doesn't seem to ever want to takeover. It doesn't help that Stafford can't stay healthy, and the supporting cast has yet to take double coverage away. But double coverage is something that every great WR has to deal with. He's only had one year with 1000 yds receiving or more.

I'm not sure I can put him in my top 5 yet.

Last edited by labialover; 11-26-2010 at 10:10 AM..
Old 11-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
He's possibly the most physically gifted WR in league history. But he's also extremely laid back. He doesn't seem to ever want to takeover. It doesn't help that Stafford can't stay healthy, and the supporting cast has yet to take double coverage away. But double coverage is something that every great WR has to deal with. He's only had one year with 1000 yds receiving or more.

Yea im pretty frustrated with Stafford this year. Shaun Hill has been doing fine but those interceptions he's been throwing are killing them. I didn't know Johnson has only had one 1,000 yard season. That boggles my mind. They also have a naturally gifted RB in Jahvid Best..I think they'll draft at either the OL line or the DB position..They're set at the DL. They might even go after another WR to compliment Nate Burrelson and Johnson, most likely via free agency.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:

Yeah, I won't put him in the top five yet either. He's got a lot of strong physical attributes. I'm not sure if he's the most naturally gifted ever, but no doubt that there's a lot there he can add on to. Matt Stafford is the biggest problem for that team. All he has to do is get tackled and he's injured, which is shocking because he seems like a really durable athlete. The Lions are better now than they've been in recent years but I think that's because the NFL just a lot more competitive this year.

Double coverage can totally neutralize any good WR. Look at Steve Smith for example. He's an excellent receiver and he's been totally neutralized by the coverage. The other receivers on that team are a complete embarrassment to the league. They can't even catch screen passes. Double coverage is totally worth the risk if the other receivers on a team are totally worthless.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
They also have a naturally gifted RB in Jahvid Best..I think they'll draft at either the OL line or the DB position..They're set at the DL. They might even go after another WR to compliment Nate Burrelson and Johnson, most likely via free agency.
Best has been hurt all year too, which is why he hasn't done shit since the first 3 weeks. They absolutely have to draft a new LT this year. They need someone to protect Stafford, and it's become clear that the offensive line hasn't been able to run block for the last decade. They still need help in the secondary, at linebacker, and somehow at WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando @$$ Fat View Post
Yeah, I won't put him in the top five yet either. He's got a lot of strong physical attributes. I'm not sure if he's the most naturally gifted ever, but no doubt that there's a lot there he can add on to.
I just meant his physical attributes. I don't remember another receiver that is 6-5/240 that can run a 4.3 40 and have a vert of 45 inches.

Wrong forum Brando, but have you heard about the possible MSU-Carolina bball game on a Navy ship?
Old 11-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Wrong forum Brando, but have you heard about the possible MSU-Carolina bball game on a Navy ship?
I was talking about it the other day with someone. The details were unclear but it seems like an interesting concept. I'm not sure if I like it though, because UNC is still struggling as a team and playing on a ship will be something totally new for them. They might not adjust well to it.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:53 PM
What a game between Atlanta and Green Bay. I wouldn't be surprised to see these teams facing off in the NFC Championship in January.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:00 PM
I see both of them contenders for the NFC this year. Philly should be right up there with the way Vick has lead that team so far.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:20 PM

Awesome win Houston! Shutting out the Tennessee Titans today. And Andre Johnson going all batshit insane on Cortland Finnegan was glorious. Here's a link for those who are interested in the beat-down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1cm8NQkxw0
Old 11-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Awesome win Houston! Shutting out the Tennessee Titans today. And Andre Johnson going all batshit insane on Cortland Finnegan was glorious. Here's a link for those who are interested in the beat-down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1cm8NQkxw0
Yes. Finnegan is a punk, who hasn't been relevant since his rookie year. He's a cheap player and deserved what he got.

I had no idea Finnegan looked the way he does, I think I've seen him on Jersey Shore before.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:49 PM
God damn that Packers Falcons game nearly gave me a heart attack today. I'm saddened that the Packers didn't come out on top, but dammit if it wasn't a hell of a game. It's just frustrating that all 4 of the Packer's losses have come by field goals in the last seconds of the games. How many gut wrenching losses can a super passionate fan like myself take? Not many more that's for sure. Congratulations to Atlanta though, I hope we meet again in the playoffs.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
While I was watching the Chargers/Broncos game on Monday night, they were talking about Rivers numbers and if he continues his numbers, he'll break Marino's record of most passing yards in a season.
Kyle Orton has more passing yards than Rivers right now, and Peyton has only like 20 yards fewer than Rivers.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smok3h View Post
Kyle Orton has more passing yards than Rivers right now, and Peyton has only like 20 yards fewer than Rivers.
When I posted that, it was last week or something. I had no idea Kyle Orton had so many passing yards. I might have gotten my people mixed up though.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:08 AM
My god the NFC West is embarrassing and the performance the Cardinals put on was even more pathetic tonight.

I can't believe someone is going to go 7-9 and win this shitty division.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:45 AM
Quote:
When I posted that, it was last week or something. I had no idea Kyle Orton had so many passing yards. I might have gotten my people mixed up though.
You're not the first person I've heard talk about how Rivers is on pace to break Marino's record. I just think it's fair to point out that Peyton and Orton are right there too. Anyone know Marino's record? I could look it up, but eeh, why would I do that if someone on here already knows

And yes, the NFC West is so fucking terrible that it infuriates me that one of those teams will get into the playoffs and the Packers might not. Does the NFL need to reevaluate its playoff structure? I remember that conversation coming up when New England was 11-5 two years ago with Matt Cassel, and they didn't get into the playoffs where the Chargers who were 8-8 did. I don't know how the NFL would even go about restructuring its playoff system even if they wanted to. But really though, the system works most of the time so I don't fucking know.

Last edited by smok3h; 11-30-2010 at 01:49 AM..