Old 09-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
great predictions horrorfreak.

I am seeing a lot of people picking the Seahawks (and they are the number one team on ESPN's preseason power rankings). Their D is the best in the league and it will be really interesting to see if Wilson takes them all the way.

My Picks would go as

AFC
1. Broncos
2. Patriots
3.Texans
4. Bengals

Wild Card
5. Steelers
6. Dolphins

NFC
1. 49ers
2. Saints
3. Packers
4. Cowboys

Wildcard
5. Falcons
6. Redskins

Super Bowl pick Packers over Broncos

I also agree that the Patriots are still the number one team in the AFC East. My Dolphins have a great chance of knocking them off (hopefully) to be the AFC East champs (haven't been champs since 2008)

And I see that you are a Redskins fan. Best of luck! Can't wait to see RG3 tear it up this season. Really hope he stays healthy cause he seems like a standup player
Thanks I really think if D improves enough we have just as good of a chance as anybody (provided RG3 stays healthy) NFC to me there are 7-8 teams I can easily see in the Super Bowl. AFC to me entirely looks wide open especially for the 2 wild card spots.

Miami could very well get the wild card I think they are a year or 2 away from making that leap ahead of New England(either Tannehill makes his way to elite status or when Brady retires)

The NFC is by far the deeper conference the AFC has arguably the 6 worst teams in the league. Give me any of the 16 NFC teams over Tennesse, Jacksonville, Buffalo, NY Jets, San Diego and Oakland
Old 09-08-2013, 12:22 AM
Those of you picking the Packers to go far: have you seen their schedule? Their road games: Niners, Bengals, Ravens, Giants, Cowboys, in addition to the divisional ones.

Pack might, gulp, miss the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm going Broncos and Falcons in the Superbowl. I know, not the boldest picks.

NFC sleeper: the Eagles.
AFC sleeper: Chargers (I BELIEVE IN PHIL RIVERS!!!)

Disappointment: Bengals... not that they're bad, but so many people are picking them to win the division. Do you really think Andy Dalton is winning the division over Flacco and Big Ben?

Who's drafting Jadaveon Clowney next year: Jacksonville, only because I think Darren McFadden will stay healthy enough to win a few games for Oakland.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Kenshin View Post
Those of you picking the Packers to go far: have you seen their schedule? Their road games: Niners, Bengals, Ravens, Giants, Cowboys, in addition to the divisional ones.

Pack might, gulp, miss the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm going Broncos and Falcons in the Superbowl. I know, not the boldest picks.

NFC sleeper: the Eagles.
AFC sleeper: Chargers (I BELIEVE IN PHIL RIVERS!!!)

Disappointment: Bengals... not that they're bad, but so many people are picking them to win the division. Do you really think Andy Dalton is winning the division over Flacco and Big Ben?

Who's drafting Jadaveon Clowney next year: Jacksonville, only because I think Darren McFadden will stay healthy enough to win a few games for Oakland.
Lets see 49ers could go either way, Bengals great D but I'm not sure they have the offense to compete with Green Bay, Baltimore their D from the looks of week 1 isnt any better than last year. Giants we'll see they have some injury issues right now of their own and Dallas folds every year in December and its not like Dallas has that great of a record in their new stadium.

And its not that its Andy Dalton ahead of Ben Rothlisberger and Flacco its more of give me the rest of what Cincinnati has over Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Baltimore losing Jacoby Jones 4-6 weeks is really going to hurt them
Old 09-08-2013, 06:04 PM
yeah, I don't actually think the Pack will miss the playoffs. I was exaggerating a bit.

NFL QBs are like NBA players: the great ones don't miss the playoffs in their primes, regardless of the mediocre talent around them. Rodgers is too good right now to not make the playoffs. But I think they'll have a tough road once they get there and will need to win a lot on the road to advance to the Super Bowl.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Well I did pretty good in my pick em pool. Went 13-3. The stupid Bucs screwed me over with their bonehead penalty at the end of the game. Gave the Jets that game.

I'm glad I picked the Eagles. I thought they would be hard to stop with that Oregon offense (combine that with RG3 likely being rusty). Skins fans should relax though. RG3 will be fine and I still think the make the playoffs again.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:56 PM
Fins are 2-0 for the first time in awhile and won two roads game. Hell yeah! Now they get their home opener vs a beat up Falcon team. I'm liking their playoff chances as of right now (fingers crossed)

The Redskins look awful in their first halves. I hope they get it together cause I'm rooting for RG3

And how about those Seahawks?? WOW They are not to be fucked with at home.

Week 3 should be a good one as well. I still dont know who I'll pick between the Eagles/Chiefs. My gut is telling me Philly at home, but I would love for Reid to stick it to them.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Well the Dolphins are 3-0 for the first time since 2002. Woohoo! They got really beat up vs ATL though so I doubt they go into New Orleans and get a win. Still very happy with being 3-0 right now.

And man, it was a really bad Sunday for the Niners. Their best defensive player will be out for a month due to getting sober and his life together. Still can't believe how the Colts destroyed them at home too.

And I think the Cowboys will now win the division by default
Old 09-24-2013, 02:38 PM
How about those Giants? 0-3

This space for rent.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:45 PM
My Dolphins are 3-0 looking good.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_bravo View Post
Well the Dolphins are 3-0 for the first time since 2002. Woohoo! They got really beat up vs ATL though so I doubt they go into New Orleans and get a win. Still very happy with being 3-0 right now.

And man, it was a really bad Sunday for the Niners. Their best defensive player will be out for a month due to getting sober and his life together. Still can't believe how the Colts destroyed them at home too.

And I think the Cowboys will now win the division by default
Good to see Miami at 3-0 I dont think they beat New Orleans. Will be interesting to see them play New England later in the year.

As for Dallas winning the division by default. Remember the Giants were 6-2 and had a huge lead in the division before they blew it in the 2nd half. They arent guaranteed anything yet and are still flawed
Old 11-13-2013, 08:30 PM
my o my how things change. Fins start 3-0 and i was sure they could at least make a wildcard spot...WRONG
Losing all 5 out of 6 games plus all the whole Incognito situation...what a clusterfuck. So yeah my Fins are DONE this season and i think the GM/head coach are too.

Just some thoughts on the rest of the league...

Saints are killin it! Brees is basically unstoppable at home it seems. If they get home field advantage I think they go to the Super Bowl now.

Sucks about the Broncos coach(Fox), I wouldn't wish that on anyone but I think they'll still be okay with Peyton running the show(as long as he can stay healthy) Look for them to give the Chiefs their first loss
Old 11-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Alright guys, any predictions?

NFC
1. Seattle
2. New Orleans
3. Detroit
4. Philly
5. Carolina
6. San Francisco

San Fran over Detroit
Carolina over Philly

New Orleans over Carolina
Seattle over San Fran

Seattle over New Orleans

AFC
1. Denver
2. New England
3. Cincinnati
4. Indianapolis
5. Kansas City
6. Pittsburgh

Cincy over Pitt
Indy over Kansas City

Indy over Denver
New England over Cincy

New England over Indy

Superbowl: Seattle over New England
Old 11-25-2013, 06:57 PM
I can't argue with those predictions Gordon. It looks like Big Ben has finally got his groove back and should sneak in and get the final spot.

And with Seattle most likely getting home field advantage , I don't see how a team is gonna go in there and beat them but..

Still, I'll mix it up and go with NO vs Denver (even though Denver blew that huge lead to NE last night), I still think Peyton gets them to the Super Bowl this year but the Saints win it all.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm just trying to lock in predictions at various points of the year, because it's an interesting exercise -- often when you look back you realize how laughably off you were about the direction a team was heading. This week strengthened my Pittsburgh and New England thoughts; but hell, as you see last week I picked Indy to go to the AFC Championship, and that already looks silly.

Home field is huge for the Seattle vs. NO question, so maybe a week from now our minds will change (if NO goes into Seattle and beats them down 40 to nothing it would definitely drastically alter our thinking).

My preseason Superbowl was Seattle over Denver. While there's no specific reason to change that, it almost seems too obvious to actually come true.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:25 PM
wildcard weekend is complete. What did you guys think?

The Colts/Chiefs game was UNREAL.

Dalton sucks.

Niners will continue to roll along imo. I think they will beat Carolina
Old 02-05-2014, 10:21 PM
The most hyped Super Bowl in NFL history turned into the worst Super Bowl in NFL history.

But congratulations to the Seahawks and Seahawks fans.

Man, I miss football already. There's no other sport like it. Waiting for March Madness, and then MLB starts here in about a month or so... but over everything I'm waiting for 7 months to past so we can get back to football.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:55 PM
Super Bowl XLIX, this Sunday. Who ya got?
Old 02-01-2015, 02:10 PM
Rams/Chargers fan rooting for the west and the land of 90s grunge. Go hawks!
Old 06-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Ravens fan here, first and foremost.

Anyway I like Breshad Perriman as a new potential starting WR for the team.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:32 AM
I'm a die hard Giants fan. All I ask is that we cut up OBJ's current contract and sign him to a 10 year deal. PAY THE MAN!