Old 01-19-2005, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Strider
CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY:

NFC Championship:

Atlanta Falcons @ Philadelphia Eagles - For the fourth consecutive time, the Eagles are in the NFC Championship. The question is: will they choke? I think they might. It's going to be a close game, but in the end, I don't think the Eagles defense will be able to stop Michael Vick or special teams. And that will be the deciding factor. The Eagles may just have to wait another year for another shot at the Super Bowl. I believe this is a "cursed" team when it comes to the NFC championship, and that's why I'm predicting the Falcons.

Winner: Atlanta Falcons

Strider

I've been saying that all week - with T.O. gone, the receivers will have a difficult time with the Falcons' pressure. And with what my coworker and I like to call the "Vick factor," the Eagles blitzing will come into question. Our defense is underrated and will pressure McNabb enough to foil any "great" escapes and passes to the injured receiving core. It'll be a good, close game with Falcons coming out on top. (Note: I am biased, I live in Atlanta and am a Falcon fan - but I predicted the strategy against St. Louis - just not the blowout.)
Old 01-19-2005, 09:23 AM
Quote:
When it comes to sports, whether it be NHL, NBA, NFL, or MLB, there's always one specific team one cannot stand. In the NFL, my choice is the New England Patriots. I seriously doubt I'm the only one either. And to be honest, I feel insulted that you believe I can't stand them because they're "on top" right now. Of all possible things, it's not that. My reason for disliking the Patriots is simple: I think they're vastly overrated. And you can go ahead and tell me that usual "two Super Bowls in three years" response, but I still think they're overrated. I will admit, as I have admitted in the past, they're a good team. But in my eyes, they're far from greatness. If it wasn't for their mastermind of a coach Bill Belichick, I don't believe the team would be where they are right now.

Also, I absolutely cannot stand how the sports media constantly continues to shower them with such exaggerated praise. Calling them a dynasty, calling them the greatest sports team in such and such years, and calling them the best thing since sliced bread. Honestly, it's get tiring. And if the Patriots do advance to the SuperBowl and win, I can just imagine what they'll say then.

Before SuperBowl XXXVIII, I said if the Patriots defeated the Panthers, their victory would negate the whole 2003 season. I feel the exact same way about this year. If the Patriots do win SuperBowl XXXIX, the 2004 season will be negated. And you know why? Because it'll make me feel as if all the games I watched this season, all the teams I payed attention to this season, all the football talk, was all for nothing. I'll feel as if I shouldn't have even bothered to become involved in this season, or to turn on my television every Sunday. With a Patriots victory at the SuperBowl, the 2004 season will be insignificant.

If the Patriots become the world champions again, I will offer them my congratulations (just like their previous Super Bowl victories), but my feelings about them will not change. I'm sure most people here know that I'm far from being a Patriots fan, so this is nothing but absolute repetition. Therefore, I'm going to try my damnest not to repeat this again - remember, the key word here is "try."

Strider
I love this post. And you can add me to the list of "fans who can't stand them". Only in my case they are one rung below the Broncos on the ladder. Why? Because much like New England, they get showered with a lot of undue praise, in some cases their fans have been as big-headed and beligerent as I've ever seen, and they have been either vastly overrated or very lucky, or both. And unlike Strider, I get tired of the same teams in the playoffs and the Superbowl every year, such as New England and Philadelphia. It doesn't make all fans bad to be fans of these teams. In fact, I hope every team wins a championship some time.

I don't think the Eagles have won a Superbowl yet, have they? I know they lost to Oakland in 1982, but other than that, I don't think they've had one win yet. Ultimately, I'd like to see every team win a superbowl at least once in my lifetime. I know that may never happen, but I always enjoy seeing a new team win the big one (the same way I loved seeing Boston win its first World Series in 86 years). Once a team has won the title, I hope for a new one to win. I don't like to see any team fail repeatedly. It's not very sportsman like. I also don't like to see "dynasties" for the same reason I don't like to see a team lose season after season. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Chiefs fan and a Royals fan, so when they do well I'm happy, but I want to see every team get their shot at greatness.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:36 AM
I don't mind the Patriots it's the Eagles who I can't stand they have only been to 1 superbowl and have never won one and as a Redskins fan I can't stand any of the 3 teams that are in their division and the more they sit without a superbowl the happier I am.

Now for this week

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP(The real superbowl since the winner is winning the superbowl regardless)

I'll take Tom Brady over Ben Rosthlisberger. Brady is 6-0 in playoff games and I believe the winner of this game is taking the superbowl(just as long as the Eagles aren't there)

PICK: New England

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

It's that simple I hate Philadelphia

PICK: Atlanta

I don't mind if the same team is there year after year as long as it dosen't involve teams I can't stand with a passion which I hope like hell Phily falls on their face next year.

Last edited by horrorfreak13; 01-19-2005 at 09:43 AM..
Old 01-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jeo4
IIt's not very sportsman like
So, once you win, you should just quit? I don't understand that sentence that much. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the Patriots, but I don't mind them if they win. Whoever wins the Super Bowl that year, they are the best team, and that's that. If the Pats win this year, they are the best team. If the San Francisco 49ers win the Super Bowl next year, they're the best team. The Patriots are a great TEAM. They don't have the best batch of players, but with the coaching staff they have, and the teamwork they do, they are the best. That's why their great. They don't show off, they don't try and win MVP awards or ask for enormous amounts of cash, they just win and do it right.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:48 AM
And the fact that the Patriots do it the right way is what brings them a lot of praise. Now Strider, shouldn't you dislike the media for heaping the praise on the Patriots, and not the team? The Patriots don't come out and tell you you're great. Besides, I don't think the Pats get too much credit. I've never heard anyone call them "the greatest team ever." Yes, they've been referred to as the next possible dynasty in sports. And really, that can't be argued. If they win this year, that will be 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. It's not an opinion that those numbers indicate the birth of a dynasty. It is a fact. That's what dynasties are. And in reality, the fact is year in and year out, no matter how much the media hypes up the Pats, they always get put into the role of underdogs. Theirs always some new team that the Pats just can't beat. Hell, this year, their were two teams. The Colts and the Steelers.

The Pats would be nothing without Belichick? Perhaps. But the 49ers without Walsh, the Giants without Parcells, the Cowboys without Johnson, and the Packers without Lombardi never would have been dynasties in their time.

I guess the comment that I find most puzzling is when you say the season will mean nothing if the Patriots win. Why? If a team you don't care for wins the Super Bowl, the season all of a sudden becomes worthless. I don't like the Falcons, but if they win the Super Bowl, the season was still great. I loved watching the games on Sunday, seeing the great games, the great plays, and following along with the rollercoaster ride that is the NFL season. Whoever wins the Super Bowl, they're the champs. Period. I can accept that fact, whether it's the Patriots or any of the other three teams remaining in the playoffs.

And when you insult Patriot fans, think about how long we had to wait for a Super Bowl. We got there twice before, and got our asses handed to us both times. So yeah, sue us for enjoying the ride. I'm far-sighted enough to realize that eventually, all teams fall so I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this time on the top.

And one last thing. To Jeo, Champions play to win. They don't win once, and then decide it's not fair to win any more titles. And really, as long as Brady and Belichick are in New England, I have a feeling we'll be talking about the Pats as Super Bowl contenders for years to come.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Okay, then. Unsportsmanlike was the wrong word. How about bullshit? Does that work?

Is the thought of every team being successful so wrong? I don't think so. I like the idea of seeing new champions once in a while.

Does anyone here hate the Yankees? It could be because they have the money to afford a monster talent pool and they hog every bit of it they can. And every other fucking year, they go to the World Series. Now...how many of you cheered the Red Sox on when they defeated the Yankees and won the Series? The same idea goes for people who hate the Lakers, the 49ers, the Bulls, etc. How many people loved it when the Pistons upended the Lakers?

It beats the same boring shit every year. College Basketball fans are probably sick of seeing KU, Duke, etc. competing in championship games year after year. It's annoying, boring, and ultimately not fun for fans of other teams.

I hate the Patriots because they are repeatedly in the playoffs, the Superbowl, etc. And barely winning with a last second field goal isn't "doing it right" to me. But they won the championship. And now every reporter with a pair of lips is kissing their asses. And that to me is the definition of overrated. I hope and pray for anyone but the Pats because I have fans in my home town who antagonize me constantly. I mean bandwagon assholes who jumped on the minute they won the title. And I hear about how my team sucks and theirs rules all the time and it nauseates me. I look forward to seeing a different champion.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:03 PM
I don't know how the Pats could be overrated. I understand if someone would dislike them because they've been winning a lot lately, but overrated? How much better can you do than win the superbowl, honestly.

And jeo4, if you're so bored and annoyed by it, don't watch it. It's just football anyways.

Last edited by SpacePuppet; 01-19-2005 at 04:06 PM..
Old 01-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by SpacePuppet
I don't know how the Pats could be overrated. I understand if someone would dislike them because they've been winning a lot lately, but overrated? How much better can you do than win the superbowl, honestly.
I can't disagree here. I still hate sports reporters lately.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jeo4
I can't disagree here. I still hate sports reporters lately.
Dude, I think everyone hates sports reporters. lol.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Mack
And when you insult Patriot fans, think about how long we had to wait for a Super Bowl. We got there twice before, and got our asses handed to us both times. So yeah, sue us for enjoying the ride. I'm far-sighted enough to realize that eventually, all teams fall so I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this time on the top.
As far as the fans are concerned, my last post was directed towards the Patriots themselves, not the fans. I have nothing against their fans in New England or anywhere else in the country, or the world. I'm just expressing my own personal feelings about the Patriots.

That's all I'm doing. It's nothing personal, nor should it be taken so seriously. This is all part of the football fun - talking like this. I'm very happy that you're having a great time, and enjoying the ride. It's great to hear that you have shown, and that you are still continuing to show an incredible loyalty to the Patriots over the years. I am loyal to my teams as well. Unfortunately, one of those teams were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs, and the other - well, they were FAR from making the playoffs.

Strider

Last edited by Strider; 01-19-2005 at 07:39 PM..
Old 01-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by brodeurnumber1
So, once you win, you should just quit? I don't understand that sentence that much. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the Patriots, but I don't mind them if they win. Whoever wins the Super Bowl that year, they are the best team, and that's that. If the Pats win this year, they are the best team. If the San Francisco 49ers win the Super Bowl next year, they're the best team. The Patriots are a great TEAM. They don't have the best batch of players, but with the coaching staff they have, and the teamwork they do, they are the best. That's why their great. They don't show off, they don't try and win MVP awards or ask for enormous amounts of cash, they just win and do it right.
I hear the same old schlock about the Patriots now over and over again, as if it goes in cycles.

The Patriots are a well built team with no superstars, just well coached players and all-around teamwork.

But when they lose... it's because player X wasn't in the game! Just like Corey Dillon against the Steelers! Then all of a sudden it was the Patriot Superstar X factor which was why they lost! Or the depleted secondary!

And when they start off their next 0-2 season, bet your balls that the story about Bellichek will be resurged. Ya know... the one they started up pre-season last year about how no one wants to play there, and everyone that plays there is all depressed and shit? (Please someone tell me they remember Tom Jackson on NFL countdown bitching at the coaching staff for losing Lawyer Milloy?)

I'm sure Chris Berman already has that story's template saved on his hard drive for when the Patriot failure resurges.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDeadWalk
I hear the same old schlock about the Patriots now over and over again, as if it goes in cycles.

The Patriots are a well built team with no superstars, just well coached players and all-around teamwork.

But when they lose... it's because player X wasn't in the game! Just like Corey Dillon against the Steelers! Then all of a sudden it was the Patriot Superstar X factor which was why they lost! Or the depleted secondary!

And when they start off their next 0-2 season, bet your balls that the story about Bellichek will be resurged. Ya know... the one they started up pre-season last year about how no one wants to play there, and everyone that plays there is all depressed and shit? (Please someone tell me they remember Tom Jackson on NFL countdown bitching at the coaching staff for losing Lawyer Milloy?)

I'm sure Chris Berman already has that story's template saved on his hard drive for when the Patriot failure resurges.
That's a common misconception bought into by much of the media as well, that the Patriots are a team of non-superstars. I like to think the Patriots are actually just a team with no show boaters. They play as team, and they don't talk themselves up so they don't get credit like loudmouths Terrell Owens and Randy Moss get.

But they certainly have many great players on that team. The thing with the Pats is that they find players who are great in their system, and that's why they are so effective. Other teams just try to get the most high profile players available while the Pats just get the right guys for them. This off-season, I would be willing to bet the Pats won't land any big so called "superstars" but rather they'll grab a few veteran corners for their secondary and do the rest of their work with a smart draft.

As for the Pittsburg game you're talking about, yes. Corey Dillon not being there did have a large effect on us. Last year, running the ball was not part of the gameplan, but this year it is. The Pats had to abandon the way they had become accustomed to playing this season, and it was a very one-dimensional plan which allowed the Steelers to have their way with the Pats.

However, many people forget all the events of that game quite conveniently. And even the media pins it all on Dillon not being there. True, Dillon was not there, and was a sizeable loss. Tyrone Poole was not in that game either, the Pats number 2 corner. And in the first quarter, Ty Law broke his foot so he was out. At this time, the Patriots have had a chance to prepare without their top two corners, but in the middle of a game, theirs nothing you can do which is why Big Ben had the kind of game he had against the Pats.

Furthermore, Matt Light was injured in that game, and had to leave which forced the guard Russ Grebdon(sp?) to shift to Light's spot, a position he had never played before and a new lineman had to come and fill in Russ's spot, which allowed Pittsburg to get good pressure on Brady. Now, the Patriots may play as a team, but no team in the NFL will win if they lose their top 2 corners, their running back, and have to switch up two spots on their offensive line. And of course, that's not including that Daniel Graham, Deion Branch, and Troy Brown were also inactive for that game. No running game, three weapons in the passing game out, backup corners getting their first playing time, and a makeshift offensive line, and they still only lost by 14.

This was just too much for the Pats on that Halloween night. But this Sunday at Heinz Field, the corners are now prepared, the line is back and running, Dillon will be there, Brady will have all his weapons, and Big Ben will finally get his true welcome to the NFL. This game may very well be close, but in the end, the Patriots won't allow themselves to be humiliated again. They will show the Steelers that just like last year, nothing can stop them. So, it's bye bye Steelers this weekend, and in two weeks in Jacksonville, we'll either show Mike Vick what a real quaterback looks like or hopefully, we'll get to punch Owens and McNabb in their cocky mouths.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:10 AM
This year's NFC Championship will be a first for the NFL. The first time that two black QBs will play against each other in the NFC Championship. Pretty damn awesome, if you ask me. This makes the game even more exciting to watch. At least I think so.

Strider

Last edited by Strider; 01-20-2005 at 04:15 AM..
Old 01-20-2005, 08:42 AM
Quote:
This year's NFC Championship will be a first for the NFL. The first time that two black QBs will play against each other in the NFC Championship. Pretty damn awesome, if you ask me. This makes the game even more exciting to watch. At least I think so.

Strider
That is pretty awesome. I just hope the faster black QB prevails
Old 01-20-2005, 10:10 AM
As for the Pats being overrated, I couldn't disagree more. This is a team that gave up 68 points in 8 home games last year... that's what? 8.5 points a game? that's RIDICULOUS.. they allowed 4 touchdowns at home all season.. and gave up only 14 points each to both MVPs in the playoffs.. this year they weren't as good, but still awesome.. they're not a team full of a bunch of "decent" players who are a product of the system.. they have some amazing players, especially on defense.. guys like harrison (I'd take him over any other safety in the league), mcginest, samuel (held marvin harrison to 5 catches, 44 yards on sunday), bruschi (one of the best MLBs in the game), seymour (one of the best linemen), and law (one of the best corners).. their offense is pretty good too.. they have a very good and underrated o-line, a good blocking and receiving tight end in graham, fast elusive receivers in branch, givens, and patten.. and now they have a power runner.. and of course, today's version of joe montana...whether or not they win this sunday, they're still a great team, and have been over the last few years.. i can see why people can hate them though, I couldn't STAND the chicago bulls in the mid 90s.. and they were the best basketball team that I've ever seen.. the pats may not be the best ever, but they're pretty damn good.. to close, here's what tedy bruschi said after the pats held the best offense ever to 3 points on sunday..

"we're a team, that's how we win.. you can talk, but we play, and we win.."

and they do it better than anybody else.

Last edited by chiefxcel; 01-20-2005 at 10:18 AM..
Old 01-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Well, I've never really hated a team for winning a lot, except for The Yankees. I actually loved the Bulls in the 90's, I loved Michael Jordan, and the Pats today kinda remind me of him. They can win without being arrogant or self-indulgent. As for this sunday, I think the Pats will be able to defeat Pittsburg, but if they don't it's okay. They've already given me 2 great nail-biting superbowl games. Unlike most people on this board, I wouldn't mind seeing The Eagles win.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by SpacePuppet
Unlike most people on this board, I wouldn't mind seeing The Eagles win.
You know,I've never understood why everyone hates the Eagles so damn much. Their my favourite team and I don't think they really talk that much. With the exception of Owens of course. They play hard and win enough games to be considered one of the best teams. They are also consistant which is less than could be said for many other teams.

GO EAGLES

Peace,
Matt
Old 01-22-2005, 02:16 PM
You will never hear me say anything bad about Philly...my whole family but me were born there so I am, yet again, hoping and praying for a Philly/New England Super Bowl. My heart is with NE and Im sure a few bets will be placed if it ever happens, but if NE for some reason doesnt win there 3rd in 4 years then Philly is the team I want to see win it.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:38 AM
great day of football ahead of us.. 2 weeks from now I think we'll be having the all pennsylvania superbowl.. the battle of the cheese steaks vs. the roethlisbergers

today's picks:

philadelphia 27
atlanta 13

pittsburgh 20
new england 13

Last edited by chiefxcel; 01-23-2005 at 09:56 AM..
Old 01-23-2005, 03:26 PM
philly looking pretty good now, but this is against atlanta.. they have no idea what's in store for them in 2 weeks
Old 01-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Philly finally makes it on the 4th try. And New England is just dominating right now, and it looks like it just might be New England/Philly in the Superbowl. Intriguing to say the least.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:19 PM
pats had a good first half, but the steelers have the best defense in the league and they're exploiting the pats secondary.. i think the steelers come back and win 27-24
Old 01-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by chiefxcel
pats had a good first half, but the steelers have the best defense in the league and they're exploiting the pats secondary.. i think the steelers come back and win 27-24

Want to check that?

31-10 Pats so far.

We are watching one of the greatest teams in the history of the NFL. Sorry that its boring to most, Philly is about to get smoked.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:53 PM
31-20 now.. the comeback continues... now i'll say 34-31 for pittsburgh

Last edited by chiefxcel; 01-23-2005 at 07:59 PM..
Old 01-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Quote:
31-20 now.. the comeback continues... now i'll say 34-31 for pittsburgh
Youve got a Pats avatar....why the hate?

Old 01-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Haddonfield
Youve got a Pats avatar....why the hate?

shhhhhh, im a pats fan if you don't remember me from the hockey forum, i'm a hardcore jinxer... it actually works quite a bit.. I won the red sox the ALCS and world series with it

steelers may be down 35-20 but they'll still pull it out and tie it to force overtime, then win it
Old 01-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Quote:
shhhhhh, im a pats fan if you don't remember me from the hockey forum, i'm a hardcore jinxer... it actually works quite a bit.. I won the red sox the ALCS and world series with it
Of course I know you Chiefxcel...and another Pats interception....keep up the good work!!
Old 01-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Haddonfield
Of course I know you Chiefxcel...and another Pats interception....keep up the good work!!
hahaha man, wilson is great, same goes for samuel.. samuel held harrison to 5 catches 44 yards last week, and burress to only 1 catch this week.. WOW!
Old 01-23-2005, 08:36 PM
It's official...

SuperBowl XXXIX

"Whoever wins...we lose."

I have to work the night of the SuperBowl, but I really don't mind now.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:03 PM
what a game... last week they held the best offense ever to 3 points, and this week they go into pittsburgh (who were 9-0 at home) and take it to the best defense in the NFL, and also shut down the best pure running game in the NFL... belichick and brady do it yet again.. now bring on the eagles..

Last edited by chiefxcel; 01-23-2005 at 09:26 PM..
Old 01-23-2005, 09:31 PM
It's days like today when I really hate football.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:17 PM
What a horrible day. We had two incredibly boring championship games, both of which offered no excitement or entertainment. Anyway, congrats to the Eagles for finally winning the NFC Championship, and advancing to their first Super Bowl in 24 years. As far as the Patriots are concerned, I'm not surprised they won. I did predict them to win the game. Their offense/defense looked good, and they took advantage of the Steelers' mistakes. And they also made Ben Roethlisberger look like what he really is - a rookie.

SUPERBOWL XXXIX:

New England Patriots vs. Philadelphia Eagles

Well, here's the Super Bowl (mostly) everyone thought would happen last year. Definitely not the Super Bowl I wanted to see, but nevertheless, I'm looking forward to it, and you can bet that I'll be cheering on the Eagles to take the Pats down.

Strider
Old 01-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Congratulations to the Patriots and the Eagles for advancing through their conference championships and on to the SuperBowl.

I've had a chance to sleep on it all. And I have a few thoughts.

1. The Eagles have erased all doubt from my mind that they are and have been the best team in the NFC in 2004. Now about that Superbowl ring...

2. Message to New England owners/management: Whatever you're paying Bill Bellichick, it's not enough.

3. My nephew didn't even wait until the end of the game this time to call and gloat. When the score reached 31 - 10, I caught hell. Again, it's fans like this that make me hate the Patriots. Note to self: turn off the phone on 2/6.

4. Three of the four best defenses in the NFL played in the conference championship yesterday. And two of them are still in it. Offenses were so-so, but the defenses were amazing. And the team that made more mistakes lost in both games. Let it be said again: defense wins championships.

5. I'll be rooting for the Eagles to win their first SuperBowl, but I have this sick feeling in my gut. No, it has nothing to do with my tailgating habits. It has something to do with a certain team that plays a game with fewer errors than any other team in the league. A team with a coach that may just be the NFL's first mad genius, even if he does wear his wife's headband to games. And it has something to do with a relentless defense paired with a smooth quarterback on their offense. Here comes that word again...dynasty.

6. Another year of Visa promos and Chunky soup commercials, and I think I might spit up.

7. For some reason, I'm glad TheDeadWalk started a draft topic a bit earlier than normal this year.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:12 AM
Wow Phily you finally did it you won the NFC that's like saying you won Canadian Idol or the NBA's Atlantic division. Since really there wasn't anybody else in the NFC that was really a great team. Phily right now should enjoy their victory because they have no clue what will happen in 2 weeks against New England there's no way this offense does what they did against this defense.

The same defense that held Peyton Manning to 0 TDs the only team this year to do that.

You know thought there's at least some good in this where that last several Super Bowls I never gave a shit who won besides 2000 where I enjoyed Baltimore blowing the shit out of the fucking Giants in the most boring Super Bowl ever.

Other than that year from 1996 to 2004 I never gave a shit really who won but now that I really have a vested intrest who wins I'll enjoy the superbowl even more even if it means New England blowing the shit out of Phily because I'd rather have New England win and tie my team for Super Bowl wins than having the Eagles finally win a Super Bowl my team has Super Bowls and the Eagles don't and that's the way I want to keep it.

For now and the next 2 weeks GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by horrorfreak13
Wow Phily you finally did it you won the NFC that's like saying you won Canadian Idol or the NBA's Atlantic division. Since really there wasn't anybody else in the NFC that was really a great team. Phily right now should enjoy their victory because they have no clue what will happen in 2 weeks against New England there's no way this offense does what they did against this defense.
congrats to you philly, you FINALLY won the NFC.. FINALLY.. only took you 4 years to win 1 championship game.. I'm so impressed.. especially since the NFC was full of juggernauts this year.. they had to beat the vikes and falcons in philly to win the NFC, while the pats had to beat the colts and steelers in pittsburgh to win the AFC

Last edited by chiefxcel; 01-24-2005 at 11:13 AM..
Old 01-24-2005, 07:36 PM
When compared to the AFC, the NFC is absolute shit. The Eagles should enjoy this victory immensely, because in a way, it was pretty easy for them to advance to the Super Bowl. Not one NFC team could compete with them, not one. If you're comparing both teams, the Pats actually had to beat tougher teams in the postseason to advance to the Super Bowl than the Eagles.

For the Eagles sake, I hope Andy Reid, Donovan McNabb, and the offense and defense are more than ready on February 6th, because it's going to take a lot to defeat Bill "the mastermind" Bellichick's Patriots.

Just out of curiosity, besides myself, who's cheering on the Eagles to pull an upset over the Pats, and win Super Bowl XXXIX?

GO EAGLES!!!!!

Strider
Old 01-24-2005, 08:49 PM
I can't wait for this Super Bowl. I really like both teams. Of course I'll be pulling for my man crush (Tom Brady), but if Donovan gets himself a super bowl ring it wouldn't exactly ruin my day either. Damn this two week wait to hell!!!

Hopefully within the next year I win the lottery so I can get tickets to next year's Super Bowl when it will be coming here to D-Town baby. I can already see the Dan Lebatard and Rick Reilly columns bitching about the cold.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:09 AM
looks like plaxico burress is finished in pittsburgh, as he told the media that he won't be back next year because he wants to be a #1 receiver.. so look for a team like oakland, baltimore, atlanta or the NY Giants to get him.. all teams looking for a #1 receiver..

top UFAs this offseason...

QB
- Drew Brees (will get franchised)
- Matt Hasselbeck (will probably get franchised)

RB
- Shaun Alexander
- Edgerrin James (will get franchised)
- Rudi Johnson
- LaMont Jordan

WR
- Plaxico Burress
- Muhsin Muhammed
- TJ Houshmandzadeh
- Travis Taylor
- David Patten
- Jerry Porter

TE
- Bubba Franks
- Jermaine Wiggins

OL
- Orlando Pace
- Walter Jones
- Tra Thomas

DE
- John Abraham
- Shaun Ellis
- Reggie Hayward
- Chike Okeafor
- Darren Howard

DT
- Pat Williams
- Shaun Rogers
- Jason Ferguson
- Chris Hovan
- Corey Simon

LB
- Edgerton Hartwell
- Chris Claiborne
- Tommy Polley
- Julian Peterson
- Jeremiah Trotter

CB
- Charles Woodson
- Ken Lucas

S
- Kenoy Kennedy

tons of great players available, should be an interesting offseason.

Last edited by chiefxcel; 01-25-2005 at 04:37 AM..
Old 01-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Quote:
looks like plaxico burress is finished in pittsburgh, as he told the media that he won't be back next year because he wants to be a #1 receiver.. so look for a team like oakland, baltimore, atlanta or the NY Giants to get him.. all teams looking for a #1 receiver..

As long as he dosen't go to the Giants, Dallas or Phily I really could care less where Plaxico Burress goes.

There seems to be some decent O-line players available if the Redskins fail to resign Chris Samuels.

This god damn 2 week wait crap sucks I just can't wait for when Teddy Bruschi to rip off Donavan McNabb's head off.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by horrorfreak13
As long as he dosen't go to the Giants, Dallas or Phily I really could care less where Plaxico Burress goes.

There seems to be some decent O-line players available if the Redskins fail to resign Chris Samuels.

This god damn 2 week wait crap sucks I just can't wait for when Teddy Bruschi to rip off Donavan McNabb's head off.
yeah if the redskins let samuels go it's not a big deal because pace, thomas, and jones (all available) are all pro bowlers.. and this 2 week thing is tough because it feels like a month.. but it's great for belichick because look what he did to indy with 2 weeks of prep and look what he did to pittsburgh with only 1 week of prep.. so I think it's safe to say he'll have a good gameplan in place for philly.. and I can't wait to see harrison, mcginest, bruschi, etc. unload on mcnabb, who will probably try to run out of bounds all he can (which he ALWAYS does), because he's too scared to take a hit.. unlike big ben or vick.. also chad lewis is out for the superbowl which hurts philly because now their offense becomes even less versatile.. they still have westbrook and LJ smith though but they'll need to both be spectacular on the 6th.. and other news, richard seymour should be ready to go because his injury called for a recovery time of 4-6 weeks and on gameday it'll be the 6th week since the injury.. as for owens, he'll most likely be playing but he obviously won't be the same

Last edited by chiefxcel; 01-25-2005 at 10:58 AM..