Go Back   Movie Fan Central Discussion Forums > Hobby Talk! > Sports
MOVIE FAN CENTRAL FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2004, 02:01 PM
That was one crazy great game last night and Manning showed once again that he is a Bledsoe clone. They can throw the long ball, put up great numbers, but when it comes to the red zone in crunch time vs a team you NEED to beat (some say since its a different division it didnt matter but they need to get the Pats out of there heads) he doesnt get it done. Case in point, he cant get sacked like that without even looking to lose that much yardage at the end of the game. You have to be smarter than that and read the play better. But then again, The Pats do have that uncanny ability to make the big play when needed. They won a ton of games last year by 7 or less.

17 in a row. Arizona next week.

Last edited by Haddonfield; 09-10-2004 at 02:09 PM..
Old 09-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Might I add that Dillon looked very good, I want to say 87 yards, though no TD's. I really was rather surprised that the Pats didnt run more. Oh well, they did win, though their D-line did not look as great as they did last year.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by e_lateralus
Might I add that Dillon looked very good, I want to say 87 yards, though no TD's. I really was rather surprised that the Pats didnt run more. Oh well, they did win, though their D-line did not look as great as they did last year.

The running game really hasnt been a big part of there game plan for 3 years now and I suspect Bill will use him in ways that seem odd all season long but when its all said and done his numbers will look good.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:28 PM
How the hell does New England snag a game with the Cardinals? I mean, I can understand the division rivals and all, but come on! The Cardinals?? The Browns?! The 49ers?! Please!!

If the Pats keep playing like they did last night, even these tomato cans will find weaknesses and plunder them. Hell, if Indy hadn't let loose with turnovers and bad plays, they'd have won by a good two touchdowns. But 3/7 in the red zone is just dreadful. The worst thing about the game I saw last night was the run defense. New England barely had one at all, but obviously nobody told the Colts. While we're at it, shouldn't somebody wake the Colts' D-line? 402 yards? Ugh!! And the Pats STILL only won by a FG. What garbage.

I not only despise the Pats for their squeak-by efforts, but I am sick of hearing from every half-assed hack in Sports what a great team they are and how untouchable Tom Brady is. What a bunch of crap. I look for the Pats' amazing luck to crumble sometime around their first Missouri game and then get their asses handed to them in the second. Now that I'm done venting, here comes the weekend pick...

Tennessee at Miami - I'm not ready to leap onto the Titans bandwagon just yet, but obviously the Dolphins need help desperately in order to compete. I look for a blow out in this game at least. Titans 31, Dolphins 3.

Oakland at Pittsburgh - so the Raiders had a rotten year. So they got rid of many of their retirement aged roster and their coach. So they made some great moves in the draft and in free agency picks, not to mention picking up Norv Turner. So why the hell is everyone picking the Steelers to win this?? I'll be the lone gunman here and pick the Raiders to pull off a mammoth upset. Raiders 24, Steelers 17.

Cincinatti at New York Jets - I pick the Jets for three reasons - Chad Pennington, a change in the Jets secondary, and home field advantage. Jets 28, Bengals 21.

San Diego at Houston - This could be the first big year for the Texans. This could also be the last year for Marty Schottenheimer. Come on, Marty! LaDanian needs help, man!! Texans 35, Chargers 14 (assuming Tomlinson doesn't injure himself).

Seattle at New Orleans - It's still Seattle and it's still their party. Seahawks 31, Saints 10.

More in my next post.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Picks part II:

Detroit at Chicago - The Lions may just be the sleeper team of the year in the NFC. Lions 28, Bears 24.

Tampa Bay at Washington - Age and injuries may be killing the Bucs' chances of being a competitive team. And Joe Gibbs knows how to fire up his Skins. We'll see proof of that this weekend. Redskins 38, Buccaneers 21.

Baltimore at Cleveland - The Browns are still developing. I look for a lot of shuffling this year in the roster before we see a formidable team. Meanwhile, the Ravens are waiting to pounce. Ravens 31, Browns 17.

Jacksonville at Buffalo - Drew Bledsoe may pull it together soon. And the Bills are ready for that to happen. Just ask the sad sack Jags on Monday morning. Bills 28, Jaguars 7.

Arizona at St. Louis - The Rams haven't got long before marshall Faulk heads for retirement. They will still beat up the Cards, though. Rams 24, Cardinals 14.

New York Giants at Philadelphia - I'm giving it two, maybe three games before Warner is benched and the prodigal son takes the starting position. Until then, fellas, meet the NFC's most pissed off defense. Eagles 35, Giants 31.

Atlanta at San Francisco - Easy peasy. Vick and co. own the Niners. Oh well...there's always next year, fellas. Falcons 28, 49ers 10.

Part III on its way.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Picks Part III

Dallas at Minnesota - Randy Moss, Daunte Culpepper. Daunte Culpepper, Randy Moss. Dallas, your asses on a silver platter. Prove me wrong, Coah Parcells! Vikings 42, Cowboys 20.

Kansas City at Denver - The Broncos are in trouble. Injuries plague the team. Clinton Portis is playing for Washington. Shannon Sharpe is gone, as is the Denver defense. In a game where the run is crucial, Denver's offense will fall to an old man...Gunther Cunningham. Chiefs 31, Broncos 17.

Green Bay at Carolina - Carolina will stay hot for a while longer. Just how long remains up in the air. Panthers 24, Packers 16.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jeo4
I not only despise the Pats for their squeak-by efforts, but I am sick of hearing from every half-assed hack in Sports what a great team they are and how untouchable Tom Brady is. What a bunch of crap. I look for the Pats' amazing luck to crumble sometime around their first Missouri game and then get their asses handed to them in the second.

Two Super Bowl MVP's in three years is why people say how good Brady is. Oh, and that was his FIRST three years in the game as a full time player.

The Pats didnt stop the run at all last night but they were 7th in the legue last season so keep that in mind.

And great coaching, solid stand up players, and an all for one attitute isnt luck, its something every team wished they had. In an age of spoiled athletes its a breathe of fresh air when players dont worry about individual stats instead of the team...and if they do, they can have fun riding the bench or getting cut. Look at Ty Law, they guy ran his mouth over a few million dollars then the next thing you know he is on his knees ready to blow the coach to say he is sorry. Because he realised that with the Pats he has the best chance to win. Its not luck, its the ability to win at any cost no matter how it goes down.

17 games in a row isnt luck. 2 championships in 3 years isnt luck.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Haddonfield
Two Super Bowl MVP's in three years is why people say how good Brady is. Oh, and that was his FIRST three years in the game as a full time player.

The Pats didnt stop the run at all last night but they were 7th in the legue last season so keep that in mind.

And great coaching, solid stand up players, and an all for one attitute isnt luck, its something every team wished they had. In an age of spoiled athletes its a breathe of fresh air when players dont worry about individual stats instead of the team...and if they do, they can have fun riding the bench or getting cut. Look at Ty Law, they guy ran his mouth over a few million dollars then the next thing you know he is on his knees ready to blow the coach to say he is sorry. Because he realised that with the Pats he has the best chance to win. Its not luck, its the ability to win at any cost no matter how it goes down.

17 games in a row isnt luck. 2 championships in 3 years isnt luck.
Sure they were the 7th best in the league last year, but now they don't have Ted Washington. He is the best run-stopper in the NFL, and they lost him to the Oakland Raiders. And Tom Brady is good because of his offensive line. They are incredible, and with Indy's zone defense that left open receivers constantly, it's insane. And, Mikey missed his first Field Goal since 2002 and Brady threw his first interception at home since 2002.

The game was pretty solid last night, and Manning didn't look very happy after the game. Also, did Dillon get slower or is it me? He is built like a full back and dodges tackles like a full back, and is starting to run like one. Last night he broke about 5 tackles, and was stopped a few seconds later. Maybe because I haven't really watched Corey that much, but I could sware that he got slower.

Also, the strek is currently 16, and the all time high is 18, so they need to win three in a row to break it.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Quote:
How the hell does New England snag a game with the Cardinals? I mean, I can understand the division rivals and all, but come on! The Cardinals?? The Browns?! The 49ers?! Please!!
What a joke. The Pats sure have a tough schedule ahead of them. Do they not?

Quote:
Ugh!! And the Pats STILL only won by a FG. What garbage.[/B]
Hmm. I really think the Pats love winning games by a FG. Heaven forbid, if they win another SuperBowl, I'm sure they will win the game by a FG. What would they do without Vinatieri?

Quote:
I not only despise the Pats for their squeak-by efforts, but I am sick of hearing from every half-assed hack in Sports what a great team they are and how untouchable Tom Brady is. What a bunch of crap. I look for the Pats' amazing luck to crumble sometime around their first Missouri game and then get their asses handed to them in the second. Now that I'm done venting, here comes the weekend pick...[/B]
You forgot one thing: the sports media just loves to refer to Tom Brady as the new Joe Montana. I'm telling you, every time I hear that, it makes my ears bleed. They all are head-over-heels in love with Brady and the Patriots - it truly sickens me.

Jeo, just as last year, you and I share the same feelings about the Patriots.

Strider
Old 09-10-2004, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Hell, if Indy hadn't let loose with turnovers and bad plays, they'd have won by a good two touchdowns.
And if Kirstie Alley ate less cake she might still be hot....so what's your point?

Indy choked when they should have scored and New England got it done when it was all said and done. Thats the way the game is played. The one who makes the fewest mistakes is going to be in a much better position to win.

You did make a good point about the way Indy ran all over them. That I wasn't expecting. If Super Coach doesn't get that kinked worked out it could mean trouble for the Pats down the road. Maybe Kirstie Alley could fill in Ted Washington if Keith Traylor can't get the job done at nose tackle?

I have to say Tom Brady reminds me more and more of Joe Montana each time I see him play

In terms of winning at such a young age I'd compare Brady to Montana, but the comparison ends there. Playing style wise I don't see them as similar at all. Plus Brady has a much less taltented supporting cast; Montana had people like Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, Brent Jones, Tom Rathman, and John Taylor.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Oakland at Pittsburgh - so the Raiders had a rotten year. So they got rid of many of their retirement aged roster and their coach. So they made some great moves in the draft and in free agency picks, not to mention picking up Norv Turner. So why the hell is everyone picking the Steelers to win this?? I'll be the lone gunman here and pick the Raiders to pull off a mammoth upset. Raiders 24, Steelers 17.
dude, u are most definately not a lone gunman there and it is not a MASSIVE upset. pitts weak, and the raiders are gonna be resurgent this year. thats my unbiased opinion

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 09-10-2004, 10:11 PM
I love it. This is the first time I can remember where people are complaining about the champs schedule as "unfair"

I stand corrected with my 17 in a row comment, got ahead of myself...was already on Week 3.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me this season with a couple of Pat haters. Its all good. Ill be the first to say that its all in fun and its all entertainment.

But as Freddy said, Welcome to Prime Time Bitch!

Like I said before, when you are the Super Bowl MVP 2 of your first 3 years its such a shame when the media sings your praises.

Its alot better than that jackass Colts kicker bitching after the game that they are the better team and giving the fans the finger before he missed his FG. Mr Money my ass. He only has to look over and see the real Mr Clutch in action. Last time I remember the Colts havnt won in Foxboro in 8 years yet THEY are the better team each game. Yeah, and Brady will see you in Disnyland.

OK, Pats rant over, enjoy the other games. Go Philly!! Go Cincy!!
Old 09-11-2004, 03:34 PM
So long Miami!
Old 09-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Arizona. Cleveland. San Francisco.

I will refrain from placing Cincinatti (ultra biased reasons)onto this list, but I do believe that one of the above three teams WILL upset the Patriots this year.

It will be fun waiting to see which one.

BTW... last year, the Browns' mediocre defense kept New England out of the endzone for the entire game... AT New England. The score was 12-9.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:45 AM
and with the first pick in the 2005 nfl draft the miami doplohin s select...

FOOTBALL IN 9 HOURS!

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 09-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDeadWalk
BTW... last year, the Browns' mediocre defense kept New England out of the endzone for the entire game... AT New England. The score was 12-9.
Basing your opinion of a team entirely on one poor (winning) performance. Wow, that...makes no sense. Oh well, I guess ALL of the professional analysts (guys that get paid to do what we do for free) are wrong about the Patriots being a great team, eh?
Old 09-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Basing your opinion of a team entirely on one poor (winning) performance. Wow, that...makes no sense. Oh well, I guess ALL of the professional analysts (guys that get paid to do what we do for free) are wrong about the Patriots being a great team, eh?
Im going to like having you around this season e_lateralus.

When people undertand that the NFL is different than any other sport in the fact that any team can do anything at any time then the Pats winning streak will finally be that much more impressive.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:05 PM
24-10 My Eagles are looking good at the half!

McNabb already has 3 TDs, 2 of them to Owens. They got a few things to work on for defense though, but so far so good!

Wow, Tom Coughlin certainly made the right choice by choosing Kurt Warner to start at QB this week. I'm sure God turned off his TV in a fit of rage a long time ago

Hey hey, how about those Baltimore Ravens? hahahahaha

Quote:
and with the first pick in the 2005 nfl draft the miami dolphins select...
Mike Williams!
Old 09-12-2004, 07:20 PM
VIKINGS BITCHES! hell yes. My purple and Gold have been running dallas DOWN 17 to 35 and we still have 2mins left in the game! Heres to hopefully getting back in the fucking play offs- VIKINGS ONE AND O

-signed by the happy minnesotan
chilli pepper
Old 09-12-2004, 07:38 PM
Today was vintage Lions. THey win and end their road losing streak, but then likely lose Charles Rogers for the season. I swear the Lions have worse luck than the Red Sox. At least you don't here Lions fans complaining about some rediculous curse, though I'm beginning to wonder. At least there is some quality depth at WR with Tai Streets and Az Hakim. Roy Williams will really need to step it up though.

I wasn't suprised to see Cleveland win since Baltimore will struggle to score in double digits this season, but I was a little shocked at how much they did score against Baltimore.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Cleveland Browns vs. Baltimore Ravens

Well, there's the shocker of week 1. I was very confident that the Ravens would win. I didn't give the Browns much thought. But in the end, Jeff Garcia and the Browns tore them apart, and by 20 points! Sheesh.

Oh BTW, the Eagles and Vikings looked awesome today.

Strider
Old 09-12-2004, 08:33 PM
About the Patriots upset prediction (e_lateralus),

No, I did not base my prediction off of one poor winning performance. There is no doubt that the Patriots are a good team.

However, I think that a dark horse team will step it up on a given Sunday and hand New England their ass. Last year not just the Browns, but the Houston Texans came very close to doing just that.

I was simply predicting that they will beat most of the good teams that they will face, but will lose to one underdog and leave everyone shocked and continue that great NFL slogan about "Any given Sunday".

The Browns stat was just something off the top of my head to give a small nugget of "Any given Sunday" thought into our heads. The Patriots aren't God's team who cannot be upset by a mediocre team on a given week who are only allowed to lose to the Philadelphia Eagles, At Lambeau Field in the cold, or to Tommy James and the Shondels.

And incase you didn't notice, yeah New England got the W's, but they weren't by much sometimes. More often than not they put up a nail biter against teams, especially ones they should have beaten, including but not limited to: Houston, Cleveland, Pennington-less Jets in week 3, And an overtime victory with a team led by Jay Fielder.

I like to predict upsets, they are fun to see happen, especially against teams I don't like. Last year, on these boards I called out Kansas City against the Bengals around 3-4 weeks before they played. It's just fun man.

But until next time, here's a TDW created "Did you know?" ala sports center, featuring the "Win by a TD or less in the 2003 season by the New England Patriots."

Week 3

NYJ 16 to NE's 23

Week 5

Ten 30 to NE's 38

Week 7

Miami 13 to NE's 19 (Overtime Win)

Week 8

Cleveland 3 to NE's 9 (my bad on the score prior)

Week 9

Denver 26 to NE's 30

Week 12

Houston 20 to NE's 23 (OT)

Week 13

Indy 34 to NE's 38

Week 16

NYJ - 16 to NE's 21

Oh yeah, let me re-state the teams available for upset:

Arizona
Cleveland
San Francisco

Last edited by TheDeadWalk; 09-12-2004 at 08:35 PM..
Old 09-13-2004, 01:41 AM
goddamn gannon...DONT HOLD THE BALL FOR SO LONG

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 09-13-2004, 10:53 AM
I have to say what a game by the Redskins defense they killed the Buca Tampa had like 35 rushing yards and never got anything going offensively they should be considered lucky that they were still int he game in the 3rd QTR but what I loved the most was Clinton Portis his first handoff and scores a 64 yard TD and next week it's the fucking Giants please start Eli Manning please I would love to see LaVar Arrington sack his ass.

Quentin Griffin had a great game as well for Denver and appears to be the real deal althought it was against a horrible defense.

Terrell Owens had a good debut and looked good and beating up the Giants which means man do the Giants ever suck.

Also while watching Jeff Garcia with the Browns I can only say it reminds me of how much Tim Couch sucked
Old 09-13-2004, 11:49 AM
Exciting week with nothing going my way in my pool...the teams I picked did okay, somewhat, but the spread is what killed me. Ugh, next week is a new week, and the Dolphins will take one...please.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:38 PM
Did anyone else spray their shorts when Eli Manning got smoked at the end of the game? Fuck that kid and his father

And yeah, it looks like McNabb finally found his man in T.O.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by daddiefatsacks
Did anyone else spray their shorts when Eli Manning got smoked at the end of the game? Fuck that kid and his father

And yeah, it looks like McNabb finally found his man in T.O.
HAHA, Yeah!

By the way as for T.O... He's a great receiver, at least until he pulls a hammy and then blames it on the reason why he drops so many balls.

I do think this is the year he will revive himself, but seeing him go strong for 15+ more games without some sort of typical receiver injury (hammy, sternum, etc.) causing him to go from Superstar to... well, a James Thrash clone might be what to watch.

Edit: Just read that Michael Bennett isn't going to play in week 2.
WTF is up with this dude? Seriously?! Minnesota needs to cut their losses and trade his stupid ass. Put him, Fred Taylor, and Charles Rogers in a wagon and call them the apple dumpling gang for christ sake.

Last edited by TheDeadWalk; 09-13-2004 at 05:00 PM..
Old 09-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by daddiefatsacks
Did anyone else spray their shorts when Eli Manning got smoked at the end of the game? Fuck that kid and his father.
LOL! Yeah, that was pretty damn awesome. I'm not sure I care much for Eli or Archie Manning, they both pissed me off to no end prior, during, and after the draft.

I have nothing bad to say about Peyton, though. He kicks ass.

Strider
Old 09-14-2004, 06:41 PM
Man, the Packers should did run over the Panthers. That was awesome! The Panthers couldn't stop Ahman Green. The Panthers season is hanging in the balance, next week will decide whether live....*sniff*.....or die. The Packers (my favorite team) defensive efforts last night surprised me. If they continue to play the way they did last night they have a chance at the division title. If they don't win the NFC North Title, than they'll at least get a wild card spot in the playoffs.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:56 PM
I think Carolina's chances of a repeat performance of last season shattered about the same time as Steve Smith fibula. It was Smith's ability to stretch the field that opened up a lot of the running game for Carolina. I'm not sure how much Muhammed has left in the tank. Colbert is just a rookie. Proehl always makes the big catch when he has too, but he is still just a posession reciever really. The Panthers need to get creative with Deshaun Foster really quick.

I hope now Ahman Green starts getting the respect he deserves. The guy has been a stud over the past two or three seasons, but he never seems to get the notice he deserves. He's extending Brett Favre's career and he should start getting notice for it.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:34 PM
As much as I enjoyed the thrashing that Eli Manning received at the end of the Giants-Eagles game, what was even more fun was watching Kurt Warner get owned all day by the Eagles' D. There's a guy who definitely had only 1 or 2 good seasons in him.

Eagles look very good, McNabb-to-Owens is a great passing combo. Next week's game vs. Minnesota should burn down a barn or two, as they and the Eagles are very similar.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:38 PM
I dont know if Id say that Ahman is underrated, seeing as how practically everybody "in the know" realizes his abilities and his vast improvements hes made in ball carrying (he used to fumble alot). I would say however that he isnt talked about enough, especially when it comes to RB of the year.

As for Carolina, I really want to know why their D seemed to drop off so much about half way through the second quarter. I remember thinking to myself (in the first quarter) "Man, they are stopping the run well and pressuring Farve". Then all of a sudden they couldnt stop a thing. Plus it seemed their offensive cordinator was a bit rusty as he did nothing to help Jake with the blitz. It seem obvious that he needed to run the screen and the inside draw a bit more to burn the blitz. Whatever, hes the one with the NFL job and Im the one watching at home .

Yes, BTW, Smith's injury hurt the Panthers ALOT . They had one of the best (in my mind) WR combos in football. The tall, semi fast more possesion Muhammed and the super quick, agile, and dangerous Smith. Plus the reliable sure handed Proehl. Add to that Delhomme's accuracy and clutch play and the Panthers were dangerous. Plus, ofcourse, Stephen Davis and Deshaun Foster behind a good O-Line sure did help.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Benny
As much as I enjoyed the thrashing that Eli Manning received at the end of the Giants-Eagles game, what was even more fun was watching Kurt Warner get owned all day by the Eagles' D. There's a guy who definitely had only 1 or 2 good seasons in him.

Eagles look very good, McNabb-to-Owens is a great passing combo. Next week's game vs. Minnesota should burn down a barn or two, as they and the Eagles are very similar.
They didn't completely own Warner. Warner was decent. He's had 3 good seasons in him. Just to clarify things.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:30 AM
Week 2 picks

St. Louis over Atlanta - While St. Louis has become a little shaky over the years in terms of being the "greatest show on turf", they've lacked some stability. However, they are a more talented, less clusterfucked team than Atlanta.

Baltimore over Pittsburgh - Retribution for the birds begin now as they take out last week's embarassing loss on these folks. It's a prove-it time right now for Kyle Boller. He needs to get it done, or see if Chris Redman needs a roommate. The Ravens realize that Anthony Wright was a dependable starter, and could be acting upon it if the Ravens lose to another division rival.

Houston over Detroit - Stability returns as Harrington flutters, KJ gets underutilized, and David Carr torches up the dome with Andre Johnson.

Green Bay over Chicago - Reports state that the game is in Thomas Jones' hands. Nuff said. (I do like the guy, but shit.)

Denver over Jacksonville - Jax played horribly last week and should NOT be 1-0. Denver looked solid last week, outcompeting another top, if not the highest ranked offense pre-season.

Kansas City over Carolina - Holmes will march to the beat of his own drum, and it will be enough while Trent Green flutters somewhat. He needs to work it with Holmes more often to open things up. His receivers are horrible, so a sound run game should allow for things to break open with Tony Gonzalez.

New Orleans over San Fran - The most overrated team in the league topples arguably the worst in the NFL.

Washington over NYG - Dur of the week.

Indy over Tennessee - Should be a great game, in fact should be the Monday night game. What the fuck, ABC? Manning takes it to the redzone late, and Vandy gets back to good by kicking the game winner.

Just don't let Tennessee return the kick, dipshits.

Seattle over Tampa Bay - Injury to Gallo and Joe Jurvy, Holdout with McCardell, Charlie 'Grandpa' Garner at starting tailback, and Brad "I think I threw my back out of place again' Johnson. You've still got a good Defense guys, but you're offense is SHIT. The only real hope is that rookie Mike Clayton can step up.

Dallas over Cleveland - Love ya Dawg Pound. But it just ain't happenin. Not after Parcells as likely inserted his foot into each player's ass at a three time minimum after that squashing last week.

ARIZONA OVER NEW ENGLAND - Yes! It's early in the season, and you're taking a perennial East Coast 'love to play in the snow' late season blooming team, and sticking them in the fucking desert on week two! Yipee! This may be my greatest chance to see the Patriots get upset. Arizona did this last year to Green Bay, and I recall many many moons ago having a shitty ass record and shell shocking those repeat Superbowl Champ Dallas Cowboys in the same manner. I would actually allow my team to lose just to see this happen.

Oakland over Buffalo - Buffalo is the better team, I just don't think we'll see them hit their groove until mid-season. They deserve to do better.

NY Jets over San Diego - Chad Pennington is the man. Can we get a straight stretch from McCareins? Please? They make for excellent sports center highlights.

Cincinatti over Miami - Come on Bengals. Don't fuck this up for me.

Minnesota over Philadelphia - "Yes they deserve to die! And I hope they burn in hell!"

-- Samuel L. Jackson A time to kill, TheDeadWalk My feelings on players who go on strike and the Philadelphia Eagles players and season ticket holders
Old 09-16-2004, 05:50 AM
11-5 last week, let's see how I do this week..

New Orleans over San Francisco
Washington over NY Giants
Denver over Jacksonville
Baltimore over Pittsburgh
St. Louis over Atlanta
Houston over Detroit
Green Bay over Chicago
Indianapolis over Tennessee
Kansas City over Carolina
Seattle over Tampa Bay
Dallas over Cleveland
Buffalo over Oakland
New England over Arizona
NY Jets over San Diego
Cincinatti over Miami
Philadelphia over Minnesota

Last edited by chiefxcel; 09-17-2004 at 02:56 PM..
Old 09-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDeadWalk
New Orleans over San Fran - The most overrated team in the league topples arguably the worst in the NFL.
I havent heard anybody, let me repeat ANYBODY say anything else about the Aints other than that they will fall flat on their face this year, that their offense has potential (except at QB) but that they will find a way to fuck it up again this year.

Just wondering where you heard them rated so high.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:36 PM
Quote:
I havent heard anybody, let me repeat ANYBODY say anything else about the Aints other than that they will fall flat on their face this year, that their offense has potential (except at QB) but that they will find a way to fuck it up again this year.

I heard almost everyone say this team has potiential to make it as long as Aaron Brooks can quit fumbling the ball and quit making mistakes in fact I think a couple of people at ESPN liked the Saints.

Well time for my week 2 picks since I did pretty well last week

Denver -3 @ Jacksonville - I said I really like Jacksonville this year but I like Denver to win this game.

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore -4 - Baltimore will take their aggression out on Pittsburgh

Houston @ Detroit -3 - Sorry Detroit still won't make the playoffs but had at least some promise until Charles Rogers got hurt

Indianapolis @ Tennesee -1.5 - Tennesee didn't look good last week and Indy won't go 0-2 going to Green Bay next week

Chicago @ Green Bay -9 Green Bay should easily destroy the Bears

Washington -3 @ NY Giants - Lets see everyone said the Redskins defense will suck and who's got the #1 defense after week 1 it my Redskins so thank you very much

San Francisco @New Orleans -7 - God does San Fran suck or what especially when Ken Dorsey is your starting QB

St.Louis @ Atlanta -2.5 - I know St.Louis didn't look impressive but their defense is better than Atlanta's

Seattle -3 @ Tampa Bay - Brad Johnson now has no one to throw to and Charlie Garner officially sucks

Carolina @ Kansas City -6 - Kansas City might win this one but not by 6 points

Cleveland @ Dallas -3 - note to Dallas how does it feel now that your overrated defense played against an actual offensive threat for a change now how will you feel going 0-2 after this week.

New England -8 @ Arizona - Come on let's be serious for a minute

Buffalo @ Oakland -3.5 - Ok officially the Bills are the most boring team to watch on a weekly basis with the Giants coming in after it.

NY Jets-3 @ San Diego - Seriously do we really think Drew Brees will put up those numbers again throughout this season

Miami @ Cincinnati -4.5 Well isn't this a change Cincinnati a favourite and A.Jay Feelderley will do average it's their running game that is horrible.

Minnesota @ Philadelphia -3 - I hate Phily but that's not why I've picked Minnesota over Phily this team will be different than the Giants as the Vikings might be the most explosive team in the league this year
Old 09-16-2004, 02:41 PM
I must have missed it because I always love to hear atleast three analysts pick them as a playoff team...then laugh in their faces when they lose to the worst team in the league thus eliminating themselves from a playoff berth. Sorry, I just truely hate the saints. Hyping them up every year just to get crushed. I just got sick of it. I can honestly say that as soon as Duce Mccallister is gone I truely wont care if the Saints organization leaves Louisiana, stays or completely disbands, because the organization just doesnt want to get any better.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:40 AM
i had a not so great 9-7 start to the season, so heres to a week 2 comeback

Week 2

Panthers over Chiefs: KC has ZERO defense, and the panthers will be playing hard after a bad week 1

Jaguars over Broncos: i hate denver, jac aint bad

Colts over Titans: they're better, and they also want to win bad after losing to ne

Saints over Niners: 49ers will be the worst team in the league this year, and the saints arent that bad

Redskins over Giants: better team, and ny hasnt gelled yet apparently

Packers over Bears: bears suck, packers dont

Texans over Lions: im really shocked texans lost to sd last week, but i think they'll rebound against a niot so great and young lions team

Rams over Falcons: neither team looked too hot last week, and i think rams are more balanced

Ravens over Steelers: ravens will REALLY rebound after that lopss next week, and pitt benefitted from gannons foolishness last week. tough d and a pick up in play ffrom lewis and boller win it

Raiders over Bills: Raiders are my team...and bills suck

Cowboys over browns: browns are high right now after that win, and i think the cowboys d will hold garcia and company. and the cowboys offense didnt look too shabby last week either

Seahawks over Buccaneers: seahwks wont have alexander, but they are still the better team, and tb is the most overrated team in the nfl

Jets over Chargers: come on

Cardinals over Patriots: same reason the dead walk said. itll be 100 degrees, a dry heat, and arizona doesnt suck too bad. and i hate the pats

Bengals over Dolphins: palmer looked great last week, and the dolphins are no jets. id say the bengals d could get em in trouble, but its not like the fins have an offense or anything..

Vikings at Eagles : high scoring game, vikings play really good early in the season and both teams looked even last week. i just think minn will squeak it out

WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 09-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Quote:

I searched briefly and found one member of fanball staff that predicted them to be the NFC Champions.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...l&type=fantasy

Mind you, its one measely link and if I can find more, I will SURELY re-edit the post with them as well, as well as start documenting links for future posts for my personal skeptic.

Every fucking year I hear about Duce McCallister, Aaron Brooks, Donte Stallworth, Joe Horn, and how their "dynamite offense" will explode onto the turf and tear up the field. They beat the 2002-3 Bucs twice, and ever since people have had them rated high, and they usually do good in the opening, but falter down the long stretch. Also from that 2002 year, I've still been waiting to see the poor man's Dante Hall do something impressive.

Last edited by TheDeadWalk; 09-18-2004 at 05:43 PM..