Old 03-12-2005, 02:05 PM
For some news today, Pats sign Tim Dwight, Viks sign Darren Sharper, and the Lions sign Jeff Garcia, which has offically made me want to cry.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by brodeurnumber1
For some news today, Pats sign Tim Dwight, Viks sign Darren Sharper, and the Lions sign Jeff Garcia, which has offically made me want to cry.
I love the quarterback controversy we have going on now in Detroit. It's the metrosexual vs. the homosexual. Its pathetic when the kicker is more masculine than both you're top 2 quarterbacks.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bmain77
I love the quarterback controversy we have going on now in Detroit. It's the metrosexual vs. the homosexual. Its pathetic when the kicker is more masculine than both you're top 2 quarterbacks.
I like to call it: "Straight plan for the gay man part 2"

Check out the Vikings getting Safety Darren Sharper. Damn.

Now I'm willing to BANK that the Vikes snatch up either Williams or Edwards with the #7 pick, and then grab onto DE Erasmus James or the best available DE with the 18th pick.

Things are looking UP for Sota.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:40 AM
This website says that Niners coach Mike Nolan wants to take Braylon Edwards with the number 1 pick!

http://fantasyfootball.rotoworld.com....asp?sport=NFL

However, the source is the San Jose Mercury News, which I don't have a subscription for. Oh well, I'll take their word for it.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:43 PM
Quote:
I'd really laugh if we drafted Orlovsky or Orton in the 4th round and either of them took over. Now that would be a fun day.

What's the updated cap numbers? The Vikings should have about 13-14 million left. And I still don't get how Oakland can sign another player(Derrick Burgess, 5 years for 17 million) when they have such a high cap already. And the most competitive division in the NFC is looking like the North if the Packers make some moves here and there.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:21 PM
Quote:
I like Garcia I think he's still a good QB and could benefit the Lions.

While the Browns could release Courtney Brown today and if the do the Redskins are expected to make a contract offer.

Could be a good pickup Greg Williams has a reputation for developing defensive linemen so it could be a could pickup.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Quote:
And I still dont get how Oakland can sign another player

They're loading up and trying it for it all this year I guess. Come next year I can only Imagine how many players they'll be releasing. They always do that. Aside from Tim Brown can you name a Raider that has actually stayed on the team for a few years? maybe a couple of offensive of linemen but thats it.

I hope this isnt another Redskins fiasco for the Raider fans.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Bengals wrap up Rudi
RB Johnson signs five-year deal with Cincinnati
Posted: Wednesday March 16, 2005 11:50AM; Updated: Wednesday March 16, 2005 1:03PM

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Running back Rudi Johnson, who set a Cincinnati Bengals record last season with 1,454 rushing yards, signed a five-year contract Wednesday with the Bengals.

It replaces the one-year, $6.3 million contract Johnson signed with Cincinnati on March 7 after the club designated him its franchise player on Feb. 15.

Terms of the new contract weren't disclosed.

"He has been a very productive player, as well as a winning person, for our football team. He's to be commended for his part in keeping the core of our offensive unit together," coach Marvin Lewis said.

Johnson has said he wanted to remain with the Bengals.

He joins three other key offensive players -- quarterback Carson Palmer and wide receivers Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh -- who are signed to the team through at least 2008.

Johnson's rushing total in 2004 broke the Bengals' record of 1,435 yards set by Corey Dillon, now with New England, in 2000. Johnson also had 361 carries in 2004, beating the mark of 340 Dillon posted in 2001.

Johnson tied the team record for 100-yard rushing games in a season with five and led the Bengals in touchdowns with 12.

Source: CNNSI.com
Old 03-16-2005, 03:56 PM
RIP, Todd Bell

Former linebacker Bell was 46
SportsTicker

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Former Chicago Bears Pro Bowl safety Todd Bell died of an apparent heart attack Wednesday morning while driving his car in Columbus. He was 46.

Bell played seven years for the Bears and earned Pro Bowl honors in 1984. He spent the 1985 season on injured reserve when the Bears finished 15-1 and won the Super Bowl.

A favorite of former Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan, Bell signed with the Philadelphia Eagles in 1988 when Ryan coached the team.

Bell starred at Ohio State, earning All-Big Ten selections as a junior and senior. The Buckeyes went to the Rose Bowl with an 11-0 record in Bell's junior year, but lost to Southern California, 17-16, costing them the national championship. In that game, Bell ran down Heisman Trophy winner Charles White from behind and stripped him of the ball to prevent a touchdown.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Updated MSN Mock Draft: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3468718

They changed the first pick to Braylon Edwards which is probably because of the fact that the 49ers want a WR. Also, I really don't agree with the Titans taking a QB. If they want someone to take over for McNair, look over on the sidelines. Volek did pretty damn good for what he had to deal with for half the season.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:36 PM
well alex smith was absolutely ridiculous in his private workout today and is now pretty much a lock to go 1st in the draft

my mock top 10:

1. San Francisco - Alex Smith
2. Miami - Ronnie Brown
3. Cleveland - Aaron Rodgers
4. Chicago - Braylon Edwards
5. Tampa Bay - Mike Williams
6. Tennessee - Adam Jones
7. Minnesota - Derrick Johnson
8. Arizona - Cedric Benson
9. Washington - Antrel Rolle
10. Detroit - Marcus Spears

looks like minnesota isn't interested in gardner or burress anymore as they've signed travis taylor to a 2-year deal.. but they're still going to take a WR with one of their first 3 picks in this year's draft... they've done about as good a job this offseason as anybody.. their glaring needs going into this offseason were WR, DT, LB, CB, and S... they've added good players at each of those positions and still have the draft coming up..

Last edited by chiefxcel; 03-17-2005 at 03:39 PM..
Old 03-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Peterson Re-Ups With Kansas City

Peterson sparked Kansas City turnaround

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Dick Vermeil may be in the last year of his contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, but president Carl Peterson will stick around through the 2009 season.

The Chiefs on Thursday signed Peterson, who was entering the last year of his contract, to a four-year extension.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

Peterson became the Chiefs' top executive in December 1988. During his 16-year tenure, Kansas City has employed just three coaches and has finished first or second in the AFC West 11 times with eight playoff appearances. However, the Chiefs reached the AFC championship game just one time.

"Carl was instrumental in leading the Chiefs back to the top echelon of the NFL after joining the organization in 1988," Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt said. "This new contract will carry through his 21st season with the organization. Such stability is unusual in the front office of an NFL team and is a big plus for the football fans of mid-America."

Under Peterson's leadership, the Chiefs and the fans have created one of the league's most impressive home-field advantages. Kansas City has sold out 117 consecutive games at Arrowhead Stadium, dating to the team's 1991 season opener.

"It has been my honor to work for the Hunt family these past years," Peterson said. "I appreciate their confidence and loyalty and will continue to work diligently to give them and the fans of Kansas City my best efforts. It is my continued goal to win a championship for the Hunt family and for the greatest fans in pro football."

Peterson served as personnel director for the Philadelphia Eagles in 1980 when they reached the Super Bowl with Vermeil as coach.

Source: ESPN
Old 03-17-2005, 09:29 PM
plaxico burress signs a six year deal with the NY Giants... and david terrell is expected to sign with the giants soon as well... burress, toomer, terrell, shockey, barber... eli will have PLENTY of targets next season..
Old 03-17-2005, 10:07 PM
updated early playoff picks:

AFC
- New England
- Baltimore
- Indianapolis
- San Diego
- Jacksonville
- Cincinatti

NFC
- Philadelphia
- Minnesota
- Atlanta
- Arizona
- Carolina
- Green Bay
Old 03-18-2005, 06:23 AM
After signing Rudi Johnson to a five year deal, I think the Bengals should try to shop Chris Perry to the Colts for their late 1st round pick.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained for the Bengals, really. Edge seems to be about gone from Indy with all the talks as of late. Perry would fit the Colts' pass-happy offense, as he was bred for that type of playmaking off the catch.

I would be happy because then Cinci could snatch DT Travis Johnson with the 17th pick, and then get a nice CB like Marlin Jackson or whoever later in the first round.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:40 PM
A Giant Deal for Burress

Burress signs six-year deal for $25 million

By Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com

Once again, agent Drew Rosenhaus, arguably the premier dealmaker in the NFL, has pulled a rabbit out of a hat.

Just one week after abruptly breaking off contract negotiations with Plaxico Burress, the New York Giants on Thursday evening signed the free agent wide receiver to a six-year, $25 million contract, ESPN.com has learned.

Burress and Rosenhaus, the agent retained by the veteran wideout in an effort to fan his flagging market value, flew to New York early Thursday morning to meet with Giants coaches and team officials. The trip came after Rosenhaus persuaded the New York brass to revisit its interest in the former Pittsburgh Steelers starter.

The deal includes $8.25 million in guaranteed bonuses, an initial signing bonus of $5 million and then a $3.25 option bonus due next spring. There are also guaranteed salaries in the first two seasons. Burress will earn $11.38 million in the first two seasons of the contract and $14.6 million in the first three years.

So, in essence, Rosenhaus convinced the Giants to not only reinstate the offer they made to his newest client last week, but to increase it in several key areas.

Last Thursday afternoon, Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi announced in a tersely-worded statement posted on the club's web site that the franchise was ending its pursuit of the unrestricted free agent wide receiver and going in a different direction. That came after Burress rejected a six-year, $24 million contract proposal that included a two-tiered bonus totaling $8 million.

The Giants apparently were angered at the time by several things. In addition to Burress dismissing what they felt was a market value deal, even with few other suitors interested in him, the five-year veteran refused to take a physical exam. Sources said that one of the first things Burress did Thursday, upon arriving at team headquarters was take a physical.

Certainly Burress, who figures to team with Amani Toomer in the starting lineup, will represent an upgrade to the Giants wide receiver corps. The team recently released former starter Ike Hilliard and has been seeking a veteran wideout.

In recent days, the Giants had discussed the possibility of signing other veteran wide receivers, notably Corey Bradford of Houston and former Chicago Bears first-rounder David Terrell.

Unable to strike a deal in the first two weeks of the signing period, Burress on Saturday terminated his relationship with agent Michael Harrison and retained Rosenhaus to represent him. Rosenhaus is the fifth agent Burress has had since entering the league, and the third this year.

But according to NFL Players Association guidelines, a player must wait five days after dismissing his agent to retain new representation. So Rosenhaus did not officially become the agent of record for Burress until Thursday, when the two men filed what is known as a standard representation agreement with the NFLPA offices.

Burress, who played the first five seasons of his career with the Steelers, was essentially back to square one in a free agent market that is two weeks old. But he was counting on Rosenhaus, and the influence the Miami-based agent enjoys leaguewide, to heat up the heretofore tepid interest in his services.

Rosenhaus quickly delivered by arranging the visit with the Giants then also negotiating the contract in speedy fashion.

Certainly the dearth of interest in Burress has been perhaps the most mystifying element of the early free agency period, with Harrison forced to initiate contact with clubs in an attempt to create a market. Just hours after talks with the Giants collapsed last Thursday, Burress flew Minneapolis to meet with the Vikings, but he departed on Sarturday with no concrete contract offer.

For his career, Burress has 261 receptions for 4,166 yards and 20 touchdowns. His best season was in '01, when Burress had 66 catches for 1,008 yards and six scores.

Source: ESPN
Old 03-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by chiefxcel
plaxico burress signs a six year deal with the NY Giants... and david terrell is expected to sign with the giants soon as well... burress, toomer, terrell, shockey, barber... eli will have PLENTY of targets next season..
Burress is a bonfied number 2 receiver. He won't succed without a great number 1, which the Giants don't have. Terrell is not bound to be an NFL player and won't do much. Toomer is past his prime. Shockey gets injured a bit much but if he plays he will do well. Barber is well Barber, and will be there superstar next year.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:21 AM
well minnesota strikes again... they've traded a 7th round pick to the NY Jets in exchange for Sam Cowart... Cowart is just what Minnesota needs, a veteran linebacker to help groom their young linebackers.. he had injury problems this past year, but had 140 tackles in 2003 and 127 tackles in 2002... now they've addressed all of their glaring needs on defense.. so now they just need to focus on adding depth and also getting another top receiver which they'll take with their 7th or 18th pick

Last edited by chiefxcel; 03-19-2005 at 01:32 AM..
Old 03-19-2005, 11:29 AM
For Burress signing with the Giants I'm not sure the Giants are still going to be any better the last team that went after a #2 reciever and paid big money for him was atlanta when they aquired Peerless Price and he's not doing much right now in Atlanta so I'm not convinced the Giants will be any better I still think they will be lucky to win more than 6 games next year.

Minnesota gets a huge steal in Sam Cowart and all it cost was a fucking 7th round pick. The Jets are going top suck on defense next year. Minnesota will probably draft a WR in the 1st round althought I'm pretty much convinced that Edwards and Williams will be gone before Minnesota picks.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by horrorfreak13
For Burress signing with the Giants I'm not sure the Giants are still going to be any better the last team that went after a #2 reciever and paid big money for him was atlanta when they aquired Peerless Price and he's not doing much right now in Atlanta so I'm not convinced the Giants will be any better I still think they will be lucky to win more than 6 games next year.

Minnesota gets a huge steal in Sam Cowart and all it cost was a fucking 7th round pick. The Jets are going top suck on defense next year. Minnesota will probably draft a WR in the 1st round althought I'm pretty much convinced that Edwards and Williams will be gone before Minnesota picks.
Very possible. I think we might see that 7th or 18th pick used to select the highly undershadowed Troy Williamson, from South Carolina.

However to play Devil's advocate, NFL Draft Countdown has the first seven picks going this way:

1. Niners - Rodgers
2. Dolphins - Ronnie Brown
3. Browns - Alex Smith
4. Bears - Cedric Benson "Personally, I like Thomas Jones and felt he did a great job last season under adverse circumstances but in the end it isn't what I think but what the teams think and apparently they want to add a premier running back with Cedric Benson being their top choice."
5. Bucs - Mike Williams
6. Titans - Pac-Man Jones
7. Vikings - Braylon Edwards
Old 03-19-2005, 01:14 PM
NFL Draft Countdown also has Arizona picking Antrell Rolle and then picking JJ Arrington in the second round. Something that actually might be smart for Arizona to do. I agree with you Deadwalk on the Thomas Jones deal, as they really are overlooking what he did last year. Also, I read that Rodgers workout was also pretty good and the two QB's are neck and neck right now.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Dammit, Ed Hartwell is a Falcon now. The Chiefs should have thrown mad money at him. He's that good.

Hartwell's contract is for six years and $26.25 million and includes an $8 million signing bonus. He gets $10 million in its first two years and $13.25 million over the first three seasons.

Oh well...looks like Kansas City is going to throw another gutterball.

Old 03-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Well the opener on Thursday is going to be New England vs Oakland

KAPALUA, Hawaii (AP) - The NFL champion Patriots will open the season Sept. 8 with a home game against Randy Moss and the Oakland Raiders.

The Thursday night opener has become a tradition. This will be the fourth such opener, with the others played in Giants Stadium, FedEx Field and, last year, also at Gillette Stadium.

In announcing the opening weekend's national TV schedule, the league also placed the NFC champion Eagles on the road for the first Monday night game. Philadelphia will be at Atlanta in a rematch of the NFC championship game.

Also on the first weekend, Indianapolis will be at Baltimore for the Sunday night game on ESPN, and Dallas is at San Diego for the Fox afternoon doubleheader on Sunday, Sept. 11.

The remainder of the 2005 schedule will be announced next month, except for the Oct. 2 Sunday night game between the host Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers at Mexico City.

ATLANTA'S SUPER BOWL PUSH: A $150 million renovation to the Georgia Dome is at the center of Atlanta's bid for the 2009 Super Bowl.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank and members of the bid committee hope to turn the dome into more of an entertainment destination, complete with an atrium similar to that in Green Bay's new Lambeau Field, retail shops and restaurants. The number of club seats and suites will be increased, as well.

Blank said Monday that the project has the support of the city and the state of Georgia. The team, whose lease runs through 2020, would finance the enhancements and hopes to receive loan help from the NFL, a common practice for stadium construction and renovation these days.

"Its a 1992 building and we're concerned about the age of the dome," Blank said. "Since '92, there have been 18 new or significantly changed facilities and five or six more are planned. By 2009, the arena and the bowl would be outdated.

"The capacity we expect would go up by several thousand. We have 4.5 million people in Atlanta and we are growing."

Blank was unconcerned about the poor feedback Atlanta received after hosting its second Super Bowl, in January 2000. Ice storms and cold weather hampered transportation in the city and severely cut into the party atmosphere that surrounds the game.

"I don't think it affects this bid at all," he said. "Every part of the United States is subject to bad weather. That was very unique, the normal weather at that time of the year is fine."

Also bidding for the 2009 game are Miami, host of the '07 Super Bowl, Tampa and Houston.

SUPER BOWL ROTATION: The Dolphins are proposing a rotation for Super Bowls that would include one or two sites - including Miami - that would host the game every four years or so.

Miami will stage the game in 2007, its first since 1999. A rotation could include another semi-permanent site and then two years in each four-year period where other cities could bid to be host.

Commissioner Paul Tagliabue said he was intrigued by the idea of a Super Bowl complex, which also includes "making the stadium sacred turf, with entertainment on the outside of the stadium" on game day.

"We'd have a clean field focused entirely on football," he said, adding the pregame and halftime shows also would be held outside the stadium.

"It could take the game to an entirely higher level over time, and there'd be permanent elements where teams could bring in sponsors who could have a permanent piece of the facility."

Several owners, when asked about such an idea, said it would be fine - as long as their city was included in the rotation.

NFL NETWORK ON PRIME TIME?: Tagliabue admitted the NFL Network, launched in 2003 and available on DirecTV and some cable outlets, could be part of the mix for a Thursday-Saturday prime-time television package.

"We're still considering a wide range of alternatives," he said. "In some of those alternatives, the NFL Network could be a carrier of games."

The league has re-signed CBS and Fox for the Sunday afternoon packages, beginning with the 2006 season. But ABC and ESPN are still negotiating the Sunday-Monday prime-time packages, and the league is eager to add regular telecasts on Thursdays and/or Sundays beginning that season.

Well I would have prefferred a different opponent than Oakland but it could be worse but why Dallas-San Diego oh I can already predict the rest of the TV schedule for week 1 for where I live

1:00: Fucking Giants vs some piece of shit team and whatever CBS shows at 1:00 if they show one then which will leave either the Bills game or the CH simulcast

4:00 The Bills game on Global or the CH simulcast with CBS plus the Dallas-San Diego game.

Fuck and we don't even know what the Sunday nighter is yet at least the Monday nighter looks ok even if it is a team I can't stand.

So odds are I'll end up seeing all 3 teams I really hate.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:45 PM
sunday nighter: indy @ baltimore
monday nighter: philly @ atlanta

pretty good games there..
Old 03-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Driving down to see the Dallas-San Diego game would be something.....dare to dream
Old 03-24-2005, 09:03 PM
News
Lions officials announced Wednesday that the team will wear black jerseys for two home games this season. "I just think it looks great," team president Matt Millen told the Detroit Free Press. "You're allowed to have that jersey. We've got the blue-and-silver and white, and we added just that little piping of black. I think it looks great."

Views
Millen is suddenly a fashion expert? This is the same guy who wears tennis shoes with suits and prefers to wear bib overalls when he's not in the office.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Updated cap by John Clayton on ESPN, although there is a misprint in Buffalo's I believe, because there is no way they have 62 million in cap room.

Arizona Cardinals $8 million
Atlanta Falcons $564,000
Baltimore Ravens $7 million
Buffalo Bills $62 million
Carolina Panthers $3.29 million
Chicago Bears $6.16 million
Cincinnati Bengals $5.16 million
Cleveland Browns $8.6 million
Dallas Cowboys $9.73 million
Denver Broncos $125,000
Detroit Lions $3.54 million
Green Bay Packers $6 million
Houston Texans $3.83 million
Indianapolis Colts $8.176 million
Jacksonville Jaguars $11.3 million
Kansas City Chiefs $1.874 million
Miami Dolphins $1.11 million
Minnesota Vikings $9.39 million
New England Patriots $532,000
New Orleans Saints $1.165 million
New York Giants $1.317 million
New York Jets $1.57 million
Oakland Raiders $57,000
Philadelphia Eagles $8.52 million
Pittsburgh Steelers $3 million
St. Louis Rams $5.4 million
San Diego Chargers $1.83 million
San Francisco 49ers $4.74 million
Seattle Seahawks $1.83 million
Tampa Bay Buccaneers $218,000
Tennessee Titans $2.26 million
Washington Redskins $1.39 million
Old 04-02-2005, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Updated cap by John Clayton on ESPN, although there is a misprint in Buffalo's I believe, because there is no way they have 62 million in cap room.
I'm going to take a guess that John Clayton forgot the decimal point and it's supposed to be $6.2 million.

I don't get how Oakland got from so over the cap and under it despite signing Lamont Jordan, aquiring Randy Moss and I think they have Charles Woodson franchised at $10-11 million next year.

I can't wait for the draft
Old 04-02-2005, 11:52 PM
Browns signed Rueben Droughns, a move that I think will kick some ass. Ruby is the perfect complement to a division that emphasizes power running.

And by the way, the last time Cleveland had to starting tailbacks with #'s 34 and 44 was in the days of Kevin Mack and Ernest Byner. Two dudes who split the position and BOTH rushed for over 1,000.

We just won't mention the fact that one of them fumbled on the one yard line costing the Browns a trip to the superbowl...

Nope, we won't mention that at all.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:11 AM
New England has signed David Terrell to a one-year deal. Big signing for the pats because they desperately need a 3rd receiver after losing Patten and Brown. Terrell has all of the tools but has been a disappointment so far, but keep in mind he played on a terrible team with a terrible offense and now he'll be going to an amazing team with a complete offense. New England's offense could be better than ever next year.

QB - Tom Brady
HB - Corey Dillon
FB - Patrick Pass
WR - Deion Branch, David Givens, David Terrell
TE - Daniel Graham, Ben Watson

Last edited by chiefxcel; 04-04-2005 at 01:24 AM..
Old 04-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Well the NFL schedule was released today and there are some things I love about this schedule as a Redskins fan

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/schedule

Week 1: Chicago
Week 2: Dallas (Monday Nighter) - I'm going to enjoy watching this game in the hope the refs keep their whistles to themselves
Week 9: Philadelphia(Sunday Nighter)

And the even better part is for the first time in years I don't have to be forced at gun point to watch a Dallas/Giants game on national fucking TV.

I just pray I'm going to able to see more than 4 games this year. The rest of the Monday Nighters look exciting.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:50 PM
My Lions predictions for next season:
Green Bay at Detroit- W
Detroit at Chicago- W
Detroit at Tampa Bay- W
Baltimore at Detroit- L
Carolina at Detroit- L
Detroit at Cleveland- L
Chicago at Detroit- W
Detroit at Minnesota- L
Arizona at Detroit- W
Detroit at Dallas- W
Atlanta at Detroit- W
Minnesota at Detroit- L
Detroit at Green Bay- W
Cincinnati at Detroit- L
Detroit at New Orleans- W
Detroit at Pittsburgh- W

10-6! Of course, I'm probably way off, but who's counting.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:59 AM
Damn! I haven't posted in this thread for quite some time. Anyway, I just checked out the NFL schedule, and I'm here to offer my predictions for the New England Patriots this upcoming season:

Oakland at New England - L
New England at Carolina - L
New England at Pittsburgh - L
San Diego at New England - L
New England at Atlanta - L
New England at Denver - L
Buffalo at New England - L
Indianapolis at New England - L
New England at Miami - L
New Orleans at New England - L
New England at Kansas City - L
NY Jets at New England - L
New England at Buffalo - L
Tampa Bay at New England - L
New England at NY Jets - L
Miami at New England - L

And there you have it... 0-16, baby! Anything can happen in the NFL, and I think those damn Pats will suffer a major downfall.

Alright, alright. Perhaps their season won't be that terrible. However, the game I'm most looking forward to this upcoming season is New England vs. Indianapolis. And I'm going to predict Peyton Manning and the Colts will kick the Patriots' asses, and finally beat them at home. I don't care if it's snowing, raining, windy, hotter than hell, or freezing temperatures - I think the Colts will do it. Just you wait and see....

Strider
Old 04-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Strider
Damn! I haven't posted in this thread for quite some time. Anyway, I just checked out the NFL schedule, and I'm here to offer my predictions for the New England Patriots this upcoming season:

Oakland at New England - L
New England at Carolina - L
New England at Pittsburgh - L
San Diego at New England - L
New England at Atlanta - L
New England at Denver - L
Buffalo at New England - L
Indianapolis at New England - L
New England at Miami - L
New Orleans at New England - L
New England at Kansas City - L
NY Jets at New England - L
New England at Buffalo - L
Tampa Bay at New England - L
New England at NY Jets - L
Miami at New England - L

And there you have it... 0-16, baby! Anything can happen in the NFL, and I think those damn Pats will suffer a major downfall.

Alright, alright. Perhaps their season won't be that terrible. However, the game I'm most looking forward to this upcoming season is New England vs. Indianapolis. And I'm going to predict Peyton Manning and the Colts will kick the Patriots' asses, and finally beat them at home. I don't care if it's snowing, raining, windy, hotter than hell, or freezing temperatures - I think the Colts will do it. Just you wait and see....

Strider

You never give up do you?

One question tho, if history is any indication, how can the mighty Colts take down the Pats in ant temperature?
Old 04-14-2005, 11:32 AM
My early prediction for the Redskins schedule

Chicago @ Washington - W
Washington @ Dallas - W
Seattle @ Washington - W
Washington @ Denver - L
Washington @ Kansas City - L
San Francisco @ Washington - W
Washington @ NY Giants - W
Philadelphia @ Washington - L
Washington @ Tampa Bay - W
Oakland @ Washington - W
San Diego @ Washington - L
Washington @ St.Louis - L
Washington @ Arizona - W
Dallas @ Washington - W
NY Giants @ Washington - W
Washington @ Philadelphia - L

With this schedule 10-6 or 9-7 looks very realistic

As for the Colts-Pats rematch. The Patriots aren't going to have Teddy Bruschi who was a huge part of that defense but I'm going to keep picking New England over them until the Colts finally beat them.

Sorry I've already fell for it twice last year picking the Colts to beat the Patriots and I'm not falling for it again.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:29 PM
No more football on ABC and it'll be back on NBC. Monday Night Football is moving to ESPN (that's right - cable ) and Sunday Night Football will be on NBC starting 2006. I read that NBC shelled out $600 million () for six seasons of Sunday Night Football and two Super Bowls (2009 & 2012 - I think) over six years. Here's hoping it was worth it for them.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bigred760
No more football on ABC and it'll be back on NBC. Monday Night Football is moving to ESPN (that's right - cable ) and Sunday Night Football will be on NBC starting 2006. I read that NBC shelled out $600 million () for six seasons of Sunday Night Football and two Super Bowls (2009 & 2012 - I think) over six years. Here's hoping it was worth it for them.
Shit this is going to suck I'm not going to able to watch Monday Night Football up here anymore unless another Canadian channel besides Toronto 1 picks up the games.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:44 PM
The Redskins make another trade with the Broncos: The Broncos trade their 25th overall pick to the Skins for their third round pick this year, and their 1st and 4th round picks next year. I don't know if this really is a smart trade for the Skins, but what do I know.

EDIT: Another trade has happened as the Raiders trade Phillip Buchanon for a 2nd and 3rd round pick from Houston in this years draft. How they have the money to take a cap hit is beyond me.

Last edited by brodeurnumber1; 04-19-2005 at 09:07 PM..
Old 04-20-2005, 12:48 AM
The Cincinnatti Bengals!

Sun 9/11 at Cleveland W
Sun 9/18 Minnesota L
Sun 9/25 at Chicago W
Sun 10/2 Houston W
Sun 10/9 at Jacksonville L
Sun 10/16 at Tennessee W
Sun 10/23 Pittsburgh L
Sun 10/30 Green Bay W
Sun 11/6 at Baltimore W
bye
Sun 11/20 Indianapolis L
Sun 11/27 Baltimore L
Sun 12/4 at Pittsburgh W
Sun 12/11 Cleveland W
Sun 12/18 at Detroit W
Sat 12/24 Buffalo L
Sun 1/1 at Kansas City W

10-6

The Cleveland Browns!

Sun 9/11 Cincinnati L
Sun 9/18 at Green Bay L
Sun 9/25 at Indianapolis L
bye
Sun 10/9 Chicago W
Sun 10/16 at Baltimore L
Sun 10/23 Detroit W
Sun 10/30 at Houston W
Sun 11/6 Tennessee W
Sun 11/13 at Pittsburgh L
Sun 11/20 Miami W
Sun 11/27 at Minnesota W
Sun 12/4 Jacksonville L
Sun 12/11 at Cincinnati L
Sun 12/18 at Oakland L
Sat 12/24 Pittsburgh W
Sun 1/1 Baltimore W

8-8
Old 04-20-2005, 09:33 AM
Quote:
The Redskins make another trade with the Broncos: The Broncos trade their 25th overall pick to the Skins for their third round pick this year, and their 1st and 4th round picks next year. I don't know if this really is a smart trade for the Skins, but what do I know.
They are apparently eyeing Jason Campbell with that pick. I don't know if this trade is a smart move. I actually think they could maybe do better with a LB or a DE at that spot. Their 9th pick is already set at picking a CB and they are not trading it.

Maybe it will be worth it and my team will do well next year resulting in Denver getting a shitty pick next year.