Old 04-21-2005, 07:35 PM
The entire point of this offseason and what everyone was waiting for.......THE NEW LIONS JERSEY!

Old 04-22-2005, 04:44 PM
The Chiefs acquired Patrick Surtain from the Dolphins. Now they've added a corner, two linemen, and a receiver to their roster. If Peterson and Vermeil are smart about this, they will plan ahead for a few upcoming retirements in the draft. I am very pleased with the off-season acquisitions so far. Here's hoping the draft proves as fruitful.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Man the Dolphins are dumb. The only way they'll get any dumber is if they draft the over hyped Braylin (won't do shit in the nfl) Edwards...
Old 04-24-2005, 09:42 PM
I posted this in the Draft thread as well, but it merits posting here as well. The Chiefs had excellent draft and off-season acquisitions.

The draft:

1. Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas
2. Round traded to Miami
3. Dustin Colquitt, PT, Tennessee
4. Craphonso Thorpe, WR, Florida State
5. James Grigsby, ILB, Illinois State
5. Alphonso Hodge, CB, Miami
6. Will Svitek, OT, Stanford
6. Khari Long, DE, Baylor
7. James Killian, QB, Tulsa
7. Jeremy Parquet, OT, Southern Mississippi

Off-season acquisitions:

Patrick Surtain, CB, traded from the Miami Dolphins for second round draft choice
Kendrell Bell, LB, from the Pittsburgh Steelers
Sammy Knight, S, from the Miami Dolphins
Carlos Hall, DE, from the Tennesee Titans
Darrell Hill, WR, from the Tennessee Titans
Robert Holcombe, RB, from the Tennessee Titans
Dee Brown, RB, from the Cleveland Browns

I'm very pleased with the Chiefs decisions in the off season thus far and I think that this was a terrific draft. The team really thought ahead in choosing the players they did.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:41 PM
The Lions released Brock Marion and Az-Zhair Hakim. Hakim I can see, but Marion was our main FS. Are we starting Terrence Holt next year? Well it frees up cap space so hopefully we can sign Ty Law!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyd V
Man the Dolphins are dumb. The only way they'll get any dumber is if they draft the over hyped Braylin (won't do shit in the nfl) Edwards...
Nope you're wrong. The Dolphins were dumb last year when Wanny was in charge We HAD to trade Surtain...he didn't want to play with his current contract...and we couldn't afford his demands due to our salary cap. Nobody wanted to see him go, but it had to be done from a business standpoint.

I've been VERY impressed with Nick Saban. He's done all the right things so far.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:08 PM
what a mess in philly right now.. owens bashed mcnabb, is holding out, reid is pissed off, and mcnabb now has fired back at owens.. I'm loving this

Last edited by chiefxcel; 04-30-2005 at 05:50 PM..
Old 04-29-2005, 07:20 PM
What is everyone's opinion on the greatest offense of all time? For me, I'm gonna go with a slightly underrated team, history wise anyway. The 1994 49ers. Before or since, I haven't seen a passing offense make it look so easy and smooth. When they were on a roll nobody was stopping them. Sure, the1984/1989 49ers, 1990 Bills, 1991 Redskins, 1996 Packers, 1998/2000 Vikings, 1999-2001 Rams, and the 2003-2004 Colts were great, but none of those teams seemed as smoothly dangerous as the 1994 49ers.

Last edited by Cru Jones; 04-29-2005 at 07:23 PM..
Old 05-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Best offence? I'd have to go with the 98/99 Broncos who were pretty much unstopable because they had complete balance, a great passing attack as well as a ground game that could easilly get 150 yards per game. A close second would have to be Mini from that same year...
Old 05-02-2005, 11:59 PM
What's happenin? Quick updated look at many teams this off-season:

Jason White gets turned down as an UFA by the Chiefs. Dicky V tells him to try out the Arena League.

A-Train Anthony Thomas signs with the 'Boys to add some depth.

Kelly Washington, Bengals 3rd string receiver is having shoulder issues and isn't attending the voluntary camp. This is just now becoming known after the draft, so between him and Peter Warrick, it's easy to see why Cinci drafted 2 receivers, especially developmental prospect Chris Henry from WV.

Vinny Testaverde might be coming back to NY... to the NY Giants that is, to be a proper backup for Eli. Current backup Jim Miller is going to be sidelined for about 3 to 4 months and should probably just throw in the towel.

Kellen Winslow Jr. was hurt in a motorcycle accident and taken by squad. Just fuckin great. It was in a parking lot, where Winslow smacked over a curb and went flying over the handlebars. Jesus, since when was Cleveland the spot for the next season of JACKASS?

Oklahoma WR Mark Bradley is impressing the bears, while 1st round Oklahoma WR Mark Clayton is suffering a hammy injury already in Baltimore.

Other impressing minicamp rookies include Bengals DE/LB David Pollack, and Buffalo WR Roscoe Parrish.

Lions former 1st round pick Charles Rogers is wearing the red "No Hit" jersey in practices now. They should remember to let him wear it in games, too.

Cleveland basically gives Reuben Droughns the middle finger as he still threatens a holdout. Hall of fame RB Jim Brown berated Ruby for not attending voluntary workouts.

Eagles are considering saying T.O. is in breach of contract and might try to get close to 2 mill off of him.

Lookout for a revamped Jets offense this year, complete with downfield passing and a plethora of shotgun formations.

That's all for now.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:32 PM
Dallas released RB ReShard Lee. I really like this guy (even though I hate Dallas) and I hope he gets picked up by a team needing a back-up RB.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:44 PM
Browns can't catch a break as usual as Kellen Winslow's idiotic ass decides to ride a motorcycle and possibly cost him this season. That would be less games than Charlie Rogers in the last two years, and that's just sad. And to think we traded that pick for Roy Williams and a second round pick which we later traded to get Kevin Jones. Nice to know that worked out for us.

And Mark Fields, who had Hodgkins disease in 2003 and returned for the pro bowl year last year, has Hodgkins for the second time. My condolences goes out to him and his family, and I hope he can fight through this a second time.

Last edited by brodeurnumber1; 05-05-2005 at 04:07 PM..
Old 05-07-2005, 11:45 AM
the patriots strike again... this time signing perennial pro bowl linebacker Chad Brown to a 2-year deal.. Brown's one of the best pass rushing linebackers of all time and a major playmaker.. if he can stay healthy, he'll come a long way to helping the pats have one of the best linebacking corps once again.. looking good now, we're definitely one of the deepest teams in the league all around.. I'm excited for next season, go pats!

QB
- Tom Brady
- Doug Flutie

HB
- Corey Dillon
- Kevin Faulk

FB
- Patrick Pass

WR
- Deion Branch
- David Givens
- David Terrell
- Tim Dwight
- Bethel Johnson

TE
- Daniel Graham
- Bet Watson
- Christian Fauria

OL
- Matt Light
- Daniel Koppen
- Russ Hochstein
- Tom Ashworth
- Brandon Gorin
- Logan Mankins
- Nick Kaczur
- Stephen Neal

DL
- Richard Seymour
- Vince Wilfork
- Ty Warren
- Jarvis Green
- Marquise Hill

LB
- Chad Brown
- Rosevelt Colvin
- Mike Vrabel
- Ted Johnson
- Monty Biesel
- Willie McGinest
- Tully Banta-Cain
- Ryan Claridge

CB
- Asante Samuel
- Duane Starks
- Chad Scott
- Tyrone Poole
- Randall Gay
- Ellis Hobbs

S
- Rodney Harrison
- Eugene Wilson
- Guss Scott
- James Sanders
- Dexter Reid

KR - Tim Dwight, Bethel Johnson
K - Adam Vinatieri
P - Josh Miller

looking good...

Last edited by chiefxcel; 05-07-2005 at 06:00 PM..
Old 05-07-2005, 05:57 PM
pats have just given brady a six year deal worth $60 million.. brady deserves it, and this was a no brainer for the patriots organization..
Old 05-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Here's some news for me that makes me smile

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - The Philadelphia Eagles will not renegotiate the contract of star wide receiver Terrell Owens, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported Wednesday.

Owens fired longtime agent David Joseph in April, hired Drew Rosenhaus and started asking for a renegotiation just one year into a seven-year deal worth almost $49 million US.

The Eagles have intimated they wouldn't redo the contract, and owner Lurie told the newspaper, "It's not even an issue."

"It's a non-issue," Lurie said. "There are a lot of things I spend time thinking about, but that's not one of them."

Lurie criticized Owens' new agent for giving him "self-destructive advice."

The flamboyant Owens helped the Eagles reach the Super Bowl in his first season in Philadelphia after eight years with San Francisco.

Owens, reached at his off-season home in Atlanta, declined to comment.

Rosenhaus also declined to respond. "My policies are not to comment, so I have no comment," Rosenhaus said.

Owens skipped the Eagles' mandatory mini-camp April 29, in a holdout that could extend into training camp, which starts in late July.

"I know I'm a top player in the game, and my current contract doesn't justify that," Owens had said after hiring Rosenhaus.

"Every player is both fragile and talented," said Lurie, who was travelling Wednesday with NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue to a conference of chief executive officers in Beijing.

"Unfortunately, we're seeing around the league certain agents who take advantage of the fragility of the players, and are less worried about their continued success and stability than acting self destructively. It's too bad," he said.

Asked if he expects Owens to be with the Eagles next season, Lurie said, "If he wants to win a Super Bowl, he should be."

"At this level, with multimillions (of dollars), you're just trying to leave a legacy and win Super Bowls, as far as I am concerned. And he's got a great opportunity," Lurie said.

Oh I'd love to see what the whiny asshole Terrell Owens thinks now. HAHAHA!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 05:50 PM
We may just get Ty Law here. Is anyone afraid yet? Because you will be in, come Superbowl 40, here in Detroit. HFA rules.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Has Ty Law even passed a physical yet
Old 05-13-2005, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDeadWalk
Has Ty Law even passed a physical yet
He can't run laterally yet and he will be able to in a month, and teams- Steelers, Colts, Jets, Lions, Dolphins- are just waiting for him to do so.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cunning Visions
Dallas released RB ReShard Lee. I really like this guy (even though I hate Dallas) and I hope he gets picked up by a team needing a back-up RB.
Not one exactly needing a RB, but he got signed by the Bills. Now he's behind McGahee, Henry, and some other guy. But supposedly, the Titans are looking to make a trade for Henry if the Bills will lower their asking price (which I think they will), so that gives Lee a better shot.

But Lee will have to so his special teams skills. Because he's not a reliable running back yet. When he has the ball in his hands, he's great. But he can't pick up a blocking assignment to save his life.

Oh, and if you haven't seen it yet, ESPN put out their post-draft NFL power rankings. These will be the last ones until the season starts.

My Cowboys had the biggest offseason improvement, going from being ranked 26 all the way to 11. That means that the critics think they'll make the playoffs. I predict at least 10 wins, and a wild card birth.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nachokoolaid
My Cowboys had the biggest offseason improvement, going from being ranked 26 all the way to 11. That means that the critics think they'll make the playoffs. I predict at least 10 wins, and a wild card birth.
While I admit Dallas did some good things defensively asking Drew Bledsoe to carry a team to a playoffs when he hasn't done it almost 9 years. I'm sorry I can't see it.

I think Dallas will get somewhere between 7 and 9 wins.

As for my Redskins I think they will get either 8 or 9 wins if the offense can pick it up and get going.

Bottom line other than the Eagles I'd be surprised if 1 other team in the NFC East gets over .500 this year.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by horrorfreak13

Bottom line other than the Eagles I'd be surprised if 1 other team in the NFC East gets over .500 this year.
Don't doubt Carolina, who is a better team than last year with the best defensive line in the league and the best trio of cornerbacks. Don't forget they were 7-9 with a team that was completely injured. I wouldn't doubt seeing Minnesota get over 500, if they don't choke down the stretch. The Falcons improved slightly, but they need receivers to step up big time, or Vick to show some moderate passing skills. Arizona and Detroit could win 9 games or more if they live up to their potential.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by brodeurnumber1
Don't doubt Carolina, who is a better team than last year with the best defensive line in the league and the best trio of cornerbacks. Don't forget they were 7-9 with a team that was completely injured. I wouldn't doubt seeing Minnesota get over 500, if they don't choke down the stretch. The Falcons improved slightly, but they need receivers to step up big time, or Vick to show some moderate passing skills. Arizona and Detroit could win 9 games or more if they live up to their potential.
I'm not discouting Carolina at all or Minnesota(Peter King has Minnesota to win the Superbowl in his preview coloum 2 weeks ago)

Phily should win the NFC East no problem but I'll say Phily won't be back at the Superbowl this year. Carolina or Minnesota look at lot better plus I hate Phily but respect their managment for not giving in to Terell Owens
Old 06-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Madden joining NBC as game analyst

By CONNOR ENNIS, AP Sports Writer
June 15, 2005
NEW YORK (AP) -- John Madden will join NBC as a game analyst when the network begins televising its newly acquired Sunday night football package in 2006.

The network scheduled an afternoon teleconference with Madden to make the announcement.

``John Madden is the best analyst in the history of the National Football League and, in my opinion, the best analyst of any kind in sports television history,'' said Dick Ebersol, chairman of NBC Universal Sports & Olympics. ``John is much more than a football legend, he's an American icon.''

Madden has spent the past three seasons teamed with Al Michaels on ABC's now-defunct ``Monday Night Football.''

``I have been doing this a long time and when I went to ABC to do 'Monday Night Football,' I thought I would finish my career there,'' Madden said. ``But when the NFL did this new television deal, I looked at 'NBC's Sunday Night Football' package, and I thought this really fits me well.''

Before joining ABC, Madden teamed with Pat Summerall to call Fox's lead game from 1994-2001. They were the top NFL announcing team on CBS for 13 seasons before that.

Known for his folksy style and his love of football's grit and grime, Madden has won 14 Sports Emmys.

The former Oakland Raiders coach -- he led them to a win over Minnesota in the 1977 Super Bowl -- has become a pop-culture phenomenon thanks in large part to the popularity of his video game ``Madden NFL Football.'' Since its initial release in 1989, the game has sold more than 43 million copies and become the No. 1 selling sports video game of all time.

NBC is reportedly paying $600 million for a six-year contract that will allow the network to broadcast the NFL's Sunday night game starting with the 2006 season. The Sunday night game was previously shown on ESPN, which will now televise the Monday night game.

NBC also gets two first-round playoff games and the Super Bowl in 2009 and 2012 as part of the deal.

Source: Yahoo!
Old 07-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Chiefs agree to terms with CB Ambrose

July 1, 2005
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The Kansas City Chiefs agreed to terms with free-agent cornerback Ashley Ambrose on Friday.

The 13-year veteran started six games for the New Orleans Saints last year. Ambrose was drafted in the second round by Indianapolis in 1992 and has also played for Cincinnati and Atlanta.

The 34-year-old Ambrose has played in 192 regular-season games, recording 550 tackles and 42 interceptions. Ambrose had his best season in 1996 with the Bengals, with eight interceptions. That year, he was a Pro Bowl starter and AFC defensive back of the year.

Old 07-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Hall of Fame coach Hank Stram dead at 82

By KEVIN McGILL, Associated Press Writer
July 4, 2005
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Hank Stram, who took the Kansas City Chiefs to two Super Bowls and was known for his inventive game plans, died Monday, his son said. He was 82.

Stram had been in declining health for several years and Dale Stram attributed his father's death to complications from diabetes. He died at St. Tammany Parish Hospital, near his home in Covington, across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans. He had built a home there during his two-year stint as coach of the Saints and retired there.

``Pro football has lost one of its most innovative and creative coaches and one of its most innovative and creative personalities as well,'' Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt said in a telephone interview.

Stram was the Chiefs' first coach. He took over the expansion Dallas Texans of the upstart AFL in 1960 and coached them through 1974, moving with them to Kansas City where they were renamed the Chiefs in 1963.

The gregarious, stocky, blazer-wearing Stram carried a rolled up game plan in his hand as he paced the sidelines. He led the Chiefs to AFL titles in 1962, '66 and '69 and to appearances in two of the first four Super Bowls, beating Minnesota in 1970.

He was credited with the two-tight end offense that provided an extra blocker.

Stram was the first coach to wear a microphone during a Super Bowl and Stram's sideline antics, captured by NFL Films, helped bring the league into the video age.

Stram later coached two seasons with the Saints and enjoyed a successful second career in CBS' television and Monday Night Football radio booths as an analyst.

``Everything he did in his life he was so passionate about,'' said his son, Stu.

Stram was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2003. The then-80-year-old had to be pushed onto the stage in a wheelchair and his induction speech was videotaped.

Len Dawson, the Hall of Fame quarterback who played under Stram at Kansas City, also called him an innovator.

``He was responsible for doing a lot of the things in the '60s that teams are still using now,'' said Dawson, citing the moving pocket and the triple stack defense.

``His whole life was football that's what he was born for, I think. He had a passion for it, not just a liking,'' Dawson said. ``He was really sincere when he talked about the team being a family. Everybody really loved him.''

Sports Writers Mary Foster in New Orleans and Doug Tucker in Kansas City, Mo., contributed to this report.

RIP and God Bless, Hank.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:47 PM
It's training camp time and football season is almost here.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:56 AM
Yes thank god I'm just hoping we quit hearing about Terrell Owens trying to justify why he should get more money despite be begged and cried to not go to fucking Baltimore last year so he could sign the damn contract.

Good on the Eagles for not budging.

I can't wait until the season starts especially week 2 Monday night against Dallas.

Also I found this on ESPN. some funny shit

Last edited by horrorfreak13; 07-25-2005 at 11:00 AM..
Old 07-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Fuck Drew Rosenhaus. Thank god Javon Walker did not listen to his shit advice and decided to show up to training camp.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:53 PM
I just about tossed my TV out the window when I saw that interview with Rosenhaus on Real SPorts this week. If I squint really hard I can almost see his point about Javon Walker needing a new contract, but the whole TO thing is ludicrous.

Anyways whos up for some fantasy football. I need 5 more teams. THe draft is one week on Aug. 6th at 11:30pm est. PM me if you are interested.

BTW....

GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bmain77
I just about tossed my TV out the window when I saw that interview with Rosenhaus on Real SPorts this week. If I squint really hard I can almost see his point about Javon Walker needing a new contract, but the whole TO thing is ludicrous.

Anyways whos up for some fantasy football. I need 5 more teams. THe draft is one week on Aug. 6th at 11:30pm est. PM me if you are interested.

BTW....

GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Not too menton Rosenhaus is making Eddie Drummond hold out. What a meanie.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:32 PM
I've only got a couple more weeks until my friends and I have our live draft party, and I'm amped!

Does anyone else do the fantasy thing? I know Eljefe's still looking for some more schmoes to sign up in his game. I know personally I'd like to trash talk some of you Patriots lovin muh fuckas,
Old 07-31-2005, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Not too menton Rosenhaus is making Eddie Drummond hold out. What a meanie.
Eddie Drummond is a complete dumbass to listen to Rosenhaus. WHy would the Lions consider doing a long term contract with a very talented yet very often injured kick returner? What kind of Kool-Aid is Drew serving some of is clients?
Old 08-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Todd Pinkston out for the year with a torn achilles. Now opposing defenses can focus even more on TO and Westbrook. Philly's not winning the NFC this year. The NFC is definitely better this year than it was last year, and I think Minnesota, Detroit, Atlanta, and Carolina can all win the NFC.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by chiefxcel
Todd Pinkston out for the year with a torn achilles. Now opposing defenses can focus even more on TO and Westbrook. Philly's not winning the NFC this year. The NFC is definitely better this year than it was last year, and I think Minnesota, Detroit, Atlanta, and Carolina can all win the NFC.
I'd agree with that except that I think Greg Lewis is a better receiver than Pinkston anyways. I still think Carolina will win the NFC and the Super Bowl this year though.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Quote:
I'd agree with that except that I think Greg Lewis is a better receiver than Pinkston anyways. I still think Carolina will win the NFC and the Super Bowl this year though.
Carolina's roster is amazing, I don't see any glaring weaknesses on that team. Carolina's also my pick to win the NFC, while Baltimore's my pick to win the AFC, with Baltimore winning on the strength of their ridiculous defense.

Last edited by chiefxcel; 08-05-2005 at 11:02 PM..
Old 08-06-2005, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Who cares about Greg Lewis, now that Pinkston is out Reggie Brown is going to step in and tear it up.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by chiefxcel
Carolina's roster is amazing, I don't see any glaring weaknesses on that team. Carolina's also my pick to win the NFC, while Baltimore's my pick to win the AFC, with Baltimore winning on the strength of their ridiculous defense.
I wouldn't put too much on the Ravens D. They have a questionable linebacking team and Ed Reed gets beat a lot because he takes a lot of risks. After reading through stuff and seeing highlights, James Farrior was robbed of Defensive Player of the Year. I predict New England/Carolina, a rematch from 2 years ago, for the Super Bowl.

And Reggie's just a rookie. Lewis has shown he can be a solid option. Case in point: The frickin' Super Bowl.

Last edited by brodeurnumber1; 08-06-2005 at 01:13 AM..
Old 08-06-2005, 02:20 AM
I am loving the NFL Channel! I can't believe they're going to broadcast the pre-season games! I can't wait...oh by the way:

CHIEFS BABY!!!

Alrato!
Old 08-06-2005, 09:31 AM
While I'd like to be able to say my Dolphins will step it up this year and go all the way...that's just not possible I don't think. Too many weaknesses on both Offense and Defense, but they will do better than last year for sure.

Can't say anything wrong about the Patriots, they take the AFC again this year.

NFC is a toss up, I am gonna say Atlanta when Vick finally evolves into a top 3 QB with every tool working. If that happens, he's pretty much all they need.

Atlanta takes the Bowl if I'm right, if not and a different NFC team goes in, the Pats repeat.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eljefe15

CHIEFS BABY!!!

Alrato!
Right on, eljefe. It's nice to have another KC fan out there.